PM to join Daggers and Little Birds (Trill)

A bored Kiran finds herself roped into trying to find where a young girls skills lie.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Hunters and Little Birds (Trill)

Postby Kiran Pelyna on December 30th, 2012, 3:05 am

Kiran watched with a small smile as the girl corrected her own posture as she stood with the dagger, looking as if she handled the weapon on a regular basis. Her faked confidence was fairly convincing, if anyone knew the girl couldn't use the dagger it was obviously a mask. But to those who couldn't spot masks, which Kiran had a hard time doing herself, it was convincing. Especially with how she held the dagger. Kiran hadn't told her how to hold it, specifically waiting to see how she'd work with it. She held it correctly, not too tightly, if the grip was too tight you couldn't fight right. But not too loose that she'd drop it.

She looked like a cat ready to pounce, all coiled muscle in feigned relaxation. And her cocky smirk made you want to think she knew what she was doing, smart girl. Her mask didn't slip even though Kiran could guess that a thousand different thoughts were going around her head, weren't children's minds always running off to think of other things? But her face kept the confident edge to it.

Kiran nodded confirmation as the girl widened her stance, it would make her harder to trip or shove over.

Kiran didn't reply to her comment just smirked a mischievous smile.

Screech

What? Pelyna replied, confused by the sudden request form his rider.

Screech she repeated and Pelyna sighed and took in a deep breathe before the Wind Eagle let out a loud hunting shriek, it reverberated through the aerie and the noise echoed even after Pelyna stopped. Kiran waited, standing still as she watched Trill. She knew the girl would jump, she wanted to see if she kept hold of the dagger.

This was the second lesson, be prepared for anything, and never, never let go of your weapon. If the thing had claws you couldn't very well fight it with your fists, it would shred you in seconds. No the girl needed to learn how to use either a blade or a bow, or else she'd get shredded if she ever left the city without protection. Or even if she was in the city, wild animals occasionally roamed into the city and caused havoc until caught or killed.

Kiran wished she had thought to grab her Glaive, she could've used the weapon to sweep the girls legs out form under her. Kiran didn't have the unarmed skill to dump the girl on her rear end without it, she knew little to nothing of unarmed combat.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trill on December 31st, 2012, 12:54 am

It seemed Kiran approved of her stance. Trill could see her nodding and smiling (or was that a smirk?) though she didn't say a word, even when Trill asked her a direct questi-

Without warning, a screech ripped through her ears.

"HOLY MOTHER-" Trill cried out, simultaneously clapping a hand to her mouth to stifle her exclamation and reflexively leaping back to avoid a threat that was not there. Without her arm to help steady her, she wavered for a second before falling backwards, taking it on her back and elbows while the tip of the dagger drew a snaky red line up her thigh. She inhaled the pain away in a hiss, her grip on the dagger instinctively viselike, a thin dribble of blood beginning to make its way down her leg.

"Pardon me, ma'am," Trill said, biting back her shame at having so absolutely failed... well, everything. Her braid had loosened in her fall; thin crimson hairs fluttered over her eyes like spiderwebs and tickled at her shoulders. "But what was that? Shouldn't you check to see if everything is all right? It sounds like someone got hurt." Ignoring the pain - it was like a paper cut, really, just a long paper cut - she scrambled to her feet and made her way anxiously to the door before stopping to look back at the Endal.

"...Kiran?"
Trill
Player

Words: 13449
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2012, 9:32 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kiran Pelyna on January 12th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Kiran sighed when the girl reacted like that. She admitted that a Wind Eagle's screech was terrifying, but the girl should've remembered she had a deadly weapon in her hands. Like any young Inartan Kiran wasn't as concerned about wounds as others would be. The cut was obviously not deep, it wasn't bleeding heavily enough for that. It would probably stop soon. But Kiran was certain she had taught the girl enough for the day. She would probably remember this lesson well.

"You are holding a weapon that can kill a man twice your size, in the right hands. Yet you didn't think about that when you were startled. You must never forget you have a weapon in your hands. Never. " Kiran chided her in a soft voice. She gently took her dagger from Trill's hand and sheathed it. She shook her head and smiled slightly."Perhaps, perhaps I expected too much of one so young. Go get yourself cleaned up and go have fun in the city for the rest of the day. Perhaps you can come back again tomorrow if you wish. " Kiran offered the girl that but with a parting smile she shooed the girl from the aerie.

Was I too harsh?

The world she lives in is worse. . That didn't answer her question, not really. But she supposed. Yes, it did. If the girl didn't learn important lessons soon she wouldn't live long. Strong people were what this city needed, not ones who were easily startled. They needed people who could stand in the face of danger and spit on it.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Daggers and Little Birds (Trill)

Postby Whimsy on January 28th, 2013, 6:21 am

Kiran

Experience Lore
+1 Storytelling The Perks of Being an Endal
+1 Weapon: Dagger Telepathic Communication
+3 Teaching Stretching
The Parts of a Dagger
The Correct Stance for Fighting
“Be Prepared for Anything”

Comments
A quirky little thread which ended rather abruptly! I really enjoyed reading Kiran's telepathic communication with Pelyna, it was pretty cute. Your story was really interesting. If Trill returns to the site, she can PM me and I will award her her grade. PM me if there are any questions or concerns.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous