Pocket of Sashes (Rythern & Fade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rythern on June 6th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Fade was still laughing, lending the conversation a lighthearted air. She was leaning against the trunk of the tree. Rythern, who still lay flat on his back, straightened and assembled himself instinctively in a cross-legged position across from the girl.

He took the sashes back with a smile and left them out, bright streaks of color on the ground; they could be interesting props later for an act. "Yeah, of course," he said to Fade, gesturing at the pink sash tied around the waist of her light dress. "You can keep that one. I have plenty.

"And I promise, no flying pigs were injured in the process of making this lunch," the Vantha added. "Although they may or may not have been responsible for hiding it."

He quit talking and kept his expression perfectly innocent.

Until her next comment.

"A grassy mess, am I?" Rythern said, trying (though failing) to cast her a convincing scowl. "And whose fault is that, I wonder?"

ModInstead of twelve sashes, Rythern now has eleven. I'll make note of it in his CS when this thread is done.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Words: 35547
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 6:17 pm

She nodded in a silent thanks still fingering the sash around her waist.

“You wonder? You could say lighting struck you from the sky or you could simply say a girl dragged you down” She looked at him “You choose”
She leaned forward and extracted a blade of grass from his hair.

She composed her face which became suddenly normal looking, years of stage training taking over though her eyes betrayed her mirth a smile still playing on her lips, she told him “You didn’t answer my question about food? Or do you insinuate that we have to chase a flying pig who accidentally holds in its trotters a picnic hamper? “She casually looked at the sky, it was a clear and fairly sunny day, actually it was a beautiful day, perfect for pig spotting.

The sun that through the foliage left the grass beneath the tree dappled in shadow and sunlight it was very pretty.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on June 6th, 2010, 7:50 pm

"A girl dragged me down?" said Rythern with a thoughtful look. "Well, maybe. But I couldn't possibly imagine anyone who'd do something so cruel and unusual."

Fade leaned forward and extracted a blade of grass from his hair, which made the young man cast a quizzical glance up into his dark bangs and wonder just how messy it was, anyway.

Then he laughed. "Nah," Rythern said, "the pigs wouldn't have taken our lunch by accident. Far too cunning, pigs. Want to hear a story about one? Once far away, there lived a little golden-haired girl in a wooden house. She was a very kind, sweet girl, and she was also an excellent cook. One afternoon she heard a knock on her door, so she went to answer it, and lo, there on the doorstep stood a pig with wings."

He cleared his throat to collect his thoughts. He really had no idea where this was going.

"The little girl was quite surprised and pleased. She was not sure what to make of a flying pig, so she invited him in. Unfortunately, she didn't notice the cunning look in that pig's eyes as he stepped inside. He let her cook lunch for him, and he ate it all. Meanwhile, while she was busy chattering away, the pig..." he paused. He needed conflict. "The pig was constantly flicking his gaze around the house, looking here, looking there, and looking for weaknesses which would make it easier to rob later.

"Sure enough, he found a window that had no lock on it. Later that night, when the little girl and her family were fast asleep, the pig crept back up to the wooden house and slipped in through that window." He looked at Fade, and a spark of inspiration hit him. "The pig took all of the food they had, and was just about to leave when he remembered the little girl and her golden, golden hair.

"Well, like all flying pigs, this one had dreams of becoming fabulously rich - and he saw his opportunity with this house. So he snuck into the little golden-haired girl's room, snatched the gold right from her hair, and crept back out with food and gold and his cunning smile."

He poked a wisp of Fade's hair. "Since then," he added jokingly, "she's always been pale-haired."

"But," he said, now that the tale was over, "not to worry, because I've got experience with the little buggers. And I happen to suspect that the likeliest place the flying pigs would've hidden our lunch might... just be..." He was scooting backwards. "Behind this tree. Oh look! Is that a picnic basket?"
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Her face became amazed as he invented the story, she must have been a sight her face flushed and trying to keep a straight face.

She had always marvelled at her hair colour, especially because her father had very dark hair, she must have go it from her mother whoever she had been. It was a pale blonde almost white and very shiny, she had a lock of hair which was fairly darker than the other ones.
She knew exactly where it was she fingered it and said smiling “I guess he missed some”

She was genuinely pleased and surprised at his storytelling abilities she looked at him in a new light her pale blue frosty eyes sparkling like ice.
She ran the story back and forth it was so, so weird?
“I guess the flying pig took away the golden haired girls ability to cook too”
She grinned, it was unwise to let Fade near a fire, she could skin animals no problem but cooking them…that was an entirely different matter.

Fade glanced behind the tree and grinned, so he was really full of surprises.
She looked at him and shook her head grinning.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on June 6th, 2010, 8:27 pm

At the look on her face after he'd concluded his tale, Rythern decided he ought to explain himself.

"I'm a storyteller by trade," the Vantha said. "And also because it's part of who I am, and I like to do this for a living. Which is why it looks like I have random stories for everything, when to be honest, I'm really just making it up as I go." He laughed. That, or he had a ready arsenal of the chronicles of flying pigs stored in his brain.

"Oh?" he added with a raise of the eyebrow. "Is the great Fade unable to cook?" His voice was teasing, however - it wasn't like Rythern could cook, either.

The basket had breads, and some cheese and meat. Berries he'd only just gathered this morning.

"Lunch is served," he said with a sweeping bow of his head and upper torso - he was still sitting on the ground - and, finally remembering why the heck they'd decided to meet anyway, the young man inquired, "So about this act we're going to put together. Did you like the sashes?"
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 8:46 pm

“Ah, Fade would be happier to skin a dozen rabbits than to cook them” She chuckled
“Yes, I like the sashes...”She trailed off and continued puzzled “Should I be blindfolded?” She imagined it could be an interesting idea. She raised an eyebrow “Should I wear the sashes?”

She peered into the basket and smiled at its content.
She slowly took out a piece of cheese and bread, she avoided at best salty food. She crushed a berry between her lips staining them bright red and quietly said “Thanks for the food”

So he was a storyteller it should have crossed her mind earlier he had a very vivid imagination.
She hoped he had a good idea for their act. She could programme her acts quite easily but they were easy to make up because she knew the extent of her abilities.
“Ah and feel free to story tell whenever you feel like it, I love stories” She grinned her lips still tinged with red.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rythern on June 6th, 2010, 9:01 pm

He looked up with surprise.

"Blindfolded?" he said, caught off guard. The thought seriously had not occurred to him - he wasn't even sure why - but now that Fade had mentioned it, it seemed quite an excellent idea.

"Okay, here's what I was thinking. You know ribbon dancing? We're both fairly flexible, and I was thinking we could do something like that — except with a twist, you know. First of all, we have the sashes; second, you're a mind-blowingly good contortionist; and third, I can lift you." He was guessing about the third one, but she looked quite light to him. "I don't have a set program in mind, just ideas.

"And I never did much when I was blindfolded, to be honest," he added, "but I love that idea, too. Are you good with that? Because if you are, and if you wanted to do that, you'll need to help me out."

He smiled and took a bite of bread. "Also," he said, regarding her thoughtfully, "we both know how to throw and catch knives. I have no idea how we'd work that in, but it's an interesting prospect."

When she remarked on his storytelling, he scratched the back of his neck and gave a wry grin. "My pleasure."
Rythern
Knifethrower

Character sheet

Postby Fade on June 7th, 2010, 1:22 pm

She got an idea, she blurted it out as it came into her head, that is a bit muddled and vague “We could…tie our wrists together with the extremities of a sash so when one moves the other must move as well…like puppets”

She frowned “I never saw a ribbon dance though…”

She paused popping another berry into her mouth “And I don’t think it’s a good idea to be blindfolded, maybe one of us not both. It’s always good to have an eye on the surroundings and it would be overly complicated”

She took a bite of bread “Tell me what were you thinking about specifically”

She grinned and said tauntingly “So you are fairly flexible”
She became suddenly serious and asked “Back or front bender?”

He could probably lift her without any problems, Fade was light and thin.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Leviathan on July 26th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Thread Award!

Rythern
Exp +2 Weapon (Knives (Thrown)), +1 Acrobatics, +2 Flirtation, +1 Storytelling
Lore Setting a Trail, Learning to Fall
-1 Pink Colored Sash

Fade
Exp +2 Observation, +1 Singing, +1 Seduction, +2 Flirtation, +2 Interrogation
Lore Following the Rainbow, A Wingless Pig Does Not Fly
+1 Pink Colored Sash

Additional Comments It's a shame Rythern isn't here still. I would have loved to read on. Anyway, if you have any questions or comments about the rewarding, feel free to send me a PM and let me know what you think should be done, or what questions you have and we'll figure it out.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous