Flashback Read My Future; Tell Me What Happens

Thomas meets Blythe and Blythe meets Thomas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Read My Future; Tell Me What Happens

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 2nd, 2013, 1:13 am

"Yes," Thomas answered, nodding in brief thanks as Blythe returned the book to him.

"I believe I would be, although perhaps it could be said the hand interests me more," he shrugged, "But I know nothing of the cards; their history, nor their practice. Everything they hold is secret to me, everything strange," he paused, considering his own hand, "In the palm I found something familiar, if not the actual process of divination itself so foreign, perhaps I would have taken up the cards," he admitted, "Or even the reading of tea leaves," he smiled, gently tucking the heavy book beneath his arm.

"But, yes, I am interested in the cards," he finally answered, "Would you be willing to show me what they hold?"

OOCBleh. Short post. Also, I'm not exactly sure what Thomas was trying to say here. Sorry about the confusion.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Blythe on February 2nd, 2013, 9:10 pm

"If you'd like," Blythe replied simply, as she nibbled on her lower lip. Her right hand diving past the twisted folds of her dress into her pocket to retrieve the deck she had borrowed from her grandmother.

She pulled the marginally beaten box free, and brought it into the open. "Do you know what you would like to ask of the cards Thomas?" Blythe inquired, as she pulled the lid off the small square box and put it back in her pocket before turning the box over in her hand, spilling the cards out.

Another breath and she had removed the other end, placing it in her pocket with the top. "Most like to ask about their work, family, friends, or love life," Blythe explained, "but you can ask just about anything." She offered him a small smile as she began to shuffle the deck, waiting for him to pose a question.

OOCIt's ok, there was enough to reply too!

Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 3rd, 2013, 2:22 am

"Maybe," Thomas said, chewing his bottom lip. "Maybe something about me?" he asked, his eyes squinting at the idea, unsure. "Like, what can I expect from this life? Will I attract the gods attention? Should I leave Mura?" he continued, his brain thinking up questions as fast as he could manage to ask, "Or perhaps, something more specific? Like, should I study divination more intensly? Do I have the talent for animation?" he asked, eyes bright with possibility.

"Blythe," he started, his tone whimiscal and curious, "Can the cards read what tomorrow will bring? Can they divine the weather? Or they like the palm, and can only read people?" he asked, "Or...,no, I'm sorry, I was too excited," he grinned shyly.

"I know," Thomas said, "Family," his smile faltered briefly, "Do they miss me? I...," he paused, hesitant, "I didn't leave it well, when I left for Mura," he said, a brief smile, his voice small.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on February 7th, 2013, 10:32 pm

She slowly raised her right hand as she allowed the deck to settle into the left, to silence him. To end the rush, the wave of questions. "Only one," Blythe whispered, as she stared intently into his eyes and resumed her shuffling. Silently waiting for Thomas to sort himself out.

"They tend to read people- happenings from both present and past, more so than what the weather will be or not be," Blythe explained, before pausing, considering all she had said. "Most readings tend to follow the progression of things, but others are more concise. Designed to give a simple answer to a complex question, if you can believe such things."

The Konti stopped smiling as she brought her hands to a stop. "If that is your question, the cards can answer, as easily as one who has joined what we two have alone," Blythe whispered, before pausing again, fanning the cards out between her fingers. "Use your left hand to pick a card; the one that it calls to you. That the tips of your fingers are guided too."

Her lips curled into an even more curious grin, as she stood before him, waiting.

"We will do the most concise of readings, since clarity seems to be your heart's desire..."

OOCNot so sure what sk lvl she'd be at this point, so we'll keep it simple.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 10th, 2013, 12:04 am

"OK."

Thomas held his breath, his left hand hovering over the offered cards, fingers tracing intricate designs.

"May She guide my hand," he prayed silently, his eyes watching, feeling for anything.

And with a small breathe, Thomas lightly tapped the most centralized card, confident in his choice.

"This one."

OOCSO this is short. Sorry. Also, I know like nothing about Tarot, but from what I gather on google, Thomas picks one at a time?
If I need to edit, just message me and I will

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on February 10th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Blythe smiled weakly as she eyed the card, and then, pulled a single hand away, so she could pluck it from the rest. "Ready?" she asked, as she turned the card over, to reveal the seven of pentacles.

"In a single card reading, the seven will reveal a focal point, a point of meditation for you," the Konti whispered. "When in reverse, the pentacles signify impatience, a lack of effort given towards various matters." She paused, "Speculation that could never prove fruitful."

She paused once more. "It wouldn't seem Thomas, that the cards are definitive in their answer. That they're saying your family doesn't miss you, as much as it's useless to speculate what their feelings are, or what they could be." Her eyes glimmered. "Perhaps they're eluding to the volatile nature of one's feelings. The fact that they shift over time, and are filled with layers. Deeper meanings. Nuances."

"Perhaps they do miss you, or certain things about you, but not everything. Perhaps they don't think of you at all..."

The Konti shrugged. "It's hard to say... but... most families miss their lost ones. Dead or otherwise. Perhaps they ponder just how much they've lost..."

OOCIt's fine, and like I said, keeping this as simple as possible.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 12th, 2013, 4:16 pm

"No," Thomas began, his smile weak, his voice soft, "No, they wouldn't miss everything about me." A uncomfortable silence engulfed them, broken only by the crunch of dead leaves as the young human sat down on the cold, winter floor.

"We had a fight, my father and I," he said, as if the ageless Konti had asked, "We had been fighting a lot, before," Thomas shrugged, his eyes closing, his skin warming to an afternoon sun, "And one day, I just left," he chuckled, the noise light and somber, forced. "I just left," he repeated, softer, his eyes beginning to shine.

"I think my sister and brother would miss me, or I'd like to think that," he paused, his words breathy, "But I suppose I left them too, although I had only meant to leave my father, not them," Thomas turned to Blythe, admiring the exoticness of her beauty, the strangeness he had slowly become accustomed too. "They were both Knights, they weren't living with us, so I hadn't considered them, really, when I left," he said, "I didn't even say goodbye," Thomas whispered, the words still managing to echo around him.

A brief silence engulfed the young human, as he thought, reflected.

"And them?" he asked, his voice cracked, cutting through the silence, "Can the cards tell me anything about my brother? My sister?" he asked, his gaze searching the Konti, hoping for answers.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on February 13th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Blythe said nothing as she watched Thomas settling against the ground, as though he were burying himself in more than memory. As he spoke, she merely nodded her head, as she ever so slowly, slid the overturned card back into place.

"They could," she whispered, when Thomas had finished speaking. "Although, I'm not so sure that's what you want." She paused, as her eyes grazed over him. Slumped shoulders, defeated posture, and yet a brightness returning to his once glazed eyes. "The card seems to hang heavy in your mind; in your heart."

She offered him a small smile. "Perhaps another time would be better suited to your needs," the Konti whispered as she reached for the box, and one by one, began to pile the cards back inside.

"Just follow the stones into the heart of town. You will find someone willing to help you there," Blythe continued, as she placed the lid on the box with an air of finality, and returned the deck to her pocket.

She looked up then. Sighed heavily, as though something were still on her mind, left to be said.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 16th, 2013, 3:35 am

"They do," he admited, smiling weakly, "Were I anywhere else, I would at least attempt to hide my reaction, but, being on Mura, on Her isle, it would be stupid to try," Thomas paused, considering his Goddess, "Or perhaps even blasphemous," he half-joked, not entirely sure on the matter, "But I had to know," Thomas nodded, once again reassuring himself, "I...I wanted too. I couldn't stay ignorate forever, that, I know, would have been an insult to our Lady," he sighed, defeated.

Marked as he was, Thomas could never knowingly stay ignorant. Avalis had marked him, gifting him with past knowledge, hidden secrets. Avalis stood for truth, and an informed mind.

He would not insult her with ignorance, with a willing blindness.

"Perhaps another time," his repeated, his gaze drawn towards the stone pathway. "I would expect someone to be called to me sooner," he joked, half-hoping a Konti would be waiting, drawn to him by Avalis, willing to guide him though his pasts errors, perhaps even gifting him with a vision of a reconciled family.

"Would you mind accompany to town?" he asked, noting a refrained expression on the Konti's face, curiosity beginning to flutter in his mind.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on February 17th, 2013, 9:13 pm

"Perhaps," Blythe nodded, as she turned to move away. "Home is this way," she added, as she wove in and out of the trees, traveling towards Mura's center.

To the only life she had ever known.

OOCSorry this is so short, also, I thought we were wrapping up nowish? Feel free to PM me though if you thought there was more to be done.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext