Flashback Read My Future; Tell Me What Happens

Thomas meets Blythe and Blythe meets Thomas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Read My Future; Tell Me What Happens

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 3rd, 2013, 10:22 pm

68th of Winter, 507 AV
Silverwood

Thomas strolled across the damp forest floor, deeply breathing in the forest sights and smells. The musky odor of rot and muddy earth wrapped around, tainting the air heavy with the gentle scent of pine. The low sloshing of his feet as he pulled them out of the mud with effort, the eerie silence of an ever watching forest.

Finding an broken log, Thomas sat down, bringing a large book out of his pack. The rustling of pages broke the silence, soon to be accopmained by the young human's voice.

"Palmistry," he breathed out, his finger following the text as he read aloud, "Is the practice of divining a person's true character, and thus, their truest destiny. Be the question about love or luck, fame or fortune, all is determined in the detail found in the hand. Despite the generalization that palmistry solely deals with marked lines and wrinkles, which is correctly known as Chiromancy, palmistry reads the lines, the shape, even the skin of both left and right equally -- both keys to what has happened, and what will," the youth paused, glancing at his own palms, looking for whatever key opened the door to foresight regarding his own fate.

The morning sun shimmered playfully over the ancient forest, sunlight refracting and reflecting off dewy leaves, the entire forest bathed in a pale blue glow. Thomas sighed as he closed the heavy text, resting it against his chest as he lay down.

"Perfect," the youth whispered, his eyes watching the forests, hungrily devouring everything and anything he saw.

Thomas would remember this place, this moment.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Blythe on January 4th, 2013, 2:28 am

Blythe sat amongst a canopy of trees, their barren branches enveloping her protectively even as their twisted edges pressed against her skin. Sending a prickling sensation coursing down her spine as the sun's light began to filter through, casting long shadows upon the world, on her pale flesh, as the scales that lined her forehead began to sparkle. Her lavender colored eyes glimmered with the illumination's catchings, although she had no sight for it, only the diamond backed patterns which lined most of the trees. Like a snake's scales, the delicate shavings which littered the ground. Torn away from the trunk by the fine nails of small animals, long set into hibernation with the coming of winter.

It's so quiet here, Blythe thought to herself as her back pressed against the hardwood. It's almost unsettling, her mind added as she closed her eyes, wondering if sleep would soon find her to rid her of both thought and memory. Bring peace to her heart if only for a few moments before she set to practicing, just as she promised her grandmother she would.

OOCTake your time replying. I don't mind a wait. This pc is the one I have the most trouble writing for.

Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 10th, 2013, 12:56 am

Thomas lied peacefully, soft winds light with forest scents lulling the young human sleepy, his eyelids fighting tiredly to stay open. He lazily waved his left palm in front of face, knowing he had promised to study his own, promised to decipher his own fate.

Instead, Thomas became fixated on his Seer's Lily, detailed exquisitely, both realistic and fantastic. Deep shades of purple tinged the full petals, stains of black painted the bulb. Vibrant greens made it's stem, delicately curly in a spiral on his palm.

A shiver tickled at the youth's spine, a familiar and reassuring sense, one the young human had long grown accustomed to on the Konti Isle.

"Hello?" he called out into the vast silence, knowing there was another marked as him. Another claimed by Avalis.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on January 11th, 2013, 10:34 pm

There was a voice from off in the distance; radiating against the spaces between barren trees. Gnarled bark seemed to quiver as it flaked away from a tree's trunk; eyes fluttering open slowly as human tones caused ear drums to prickle. Lavender sprouted from soil which had once lain barren and bleached; widening as they again adjusted to the light that filtered through. Blythe's neck turned left and then right, her long blonde mane tickling her pale flesh as she searched for the source of sound. "Hello!" she called, as her mark awakened. The lily's outline burning lightly, as though it were being kissed by the sun, as the white and pink speckled innards drew cold. As though someone were drawing waxen petals across her skin.

The scent of them seemed to touch her nose as the Konti continued to blink and look around, finding nothing. "Is anyone there?" she called, wondering if she had imagined it. Knowing that most people on the Island were her sisters, and she was positive she had heard the voice of a man.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 17th, 2013, 4:23 am

"I'M HERE!" he responded, louder then before, pushing himself off the mossy log.

The wet, muddy earth greedily grabbed at his boots, the loud sloshing of leather against earthen dampness echoed across the forest, a sudden chill wind biting at his exposed skin, prompting Thomas to pull his cloak tightly around his thin figure. "I'm Thomas," he called breathlessly, introducing himself to a faceless stranger. "What's your name?" he asked, barely allowing himself a moment's breath.

Thomas paused, briefly, the wanting earth beginning to pull him below, slowly. "Where are you?" he asked, eager to put a face to the mystery voice, his divination book held tightly in his right arm.

OOCSo sorry about the wait! School started up again, so I've got that now, haha.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on January 20th, 2013, 12:44 am

'Where?" the Konti called through the trees as her lavender colored eyes caught only shadow in the places where dying leaves rustled and branches scraped against the hardened earth. I cannot see you, she thought to herself, nor find you, her mind added after some time. A moment spent getting up and moving slowly through the thicket.

"I'm Blythe!" her voice added after a few ticks, her throat tightening as it began to grow cool then dry. To ache as the wintry chill trickled through her. She could still hear the last syllables radiating against the undergrowth as she kept on moving. Padding softly across the earth, crying one last time, "here!" before letting the words die out as she continued her trek.

And finally, several chimes later, locating the human. "Found you," Blythe whispered, as her eyes settled on darker skin devoid of scales and hair.

OOCIt's ok, take your time.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 25th, 2013, 8:48 pm

"Blythe," Thomas repeated softly, breathing the name quietly, his eyes watching the forests for any movement. A loud earthen crunch and a low whisper caught the young human's attention, and he quickly turned around.

"Hi, Blythe," he waved, his gnosis mark catching the sun's light, brightening. Had Thomas not already spent so long on the Konti Isle, Blythe would have found him speechless -- most of his earlier days on Mura were spent in silence, the young human completely dumbfounded by the beauty the island possessed, as well by that of it's famous inhabitants. Blythe was not exempt, a cascade of blonde flirting around a lithe body, lavender eyes shining in the afternoon sun.

But Mura had dulled Thomas to some extent, the only way the human had managed to cope with everything so fantastic; such a drasatic change from Syliras.

"It's nice to finally place a face to the voice," Thomas smiled, "But I had supposed myself alone, especially here -- do you find yourself often in the forest?" he asked, his arm still held tightly around his divination book.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on January 28th, 2013, 6:06 pm

The Konti shook her head, tousling her golden mane. The frayed edges tickling the soft lines that drew across her neck as neon veins continued to pulse against muscular creases. "The waves have always been what called to me," Blythe responded as the sun's rays caught her flesh; her scales, setting her to an otherworldly glimmer. "The sound of their release has always been calming; and the raucous caws of the gulls die against them." She paused, "it is hard not to find one's serenity there."

The Konti fell silent as a subtle breeze swept through, causing the spindlier branches, long barren, to tremble. Their ends to scratch the bark of those they adorned.

"The forest is different," Blythe went on. "It has its own music, but all the instruments are different; the players." A delicate smile passed her pale pink lips. "It is a place of concealment and solitude. Whereas the beach, although vast, seems less entangled. Although, it can be as dark and treacherous... mysterious..."

Her voice trailed off for a time as she considered him. What could have brought her goddess to have marked someone outside of her race. Blythe didn't often hear of mother Avalis as doting upon those outside the sisterhood after all.

Especially men.

"So what brings you out here?" she finally asked him. Wondering if such would be enough to broach the subject. "And what's that you're holding?"

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 28th, 2013, 11:20 pm

"We are different, then," Thomas said brightly, his tone playful, "I've found the forest a place of discovery, and vibrancy. Life hidden between spidery branches, hidden under stones and pebbles," Thomas sighed, once again taking in the wet, musky aroma of the winter forest. Off all the places on Konti, he had truly grown attached to the Silverwood, to him, no other place compared. "The chorus of swaying branches, singing birds, chirping insects. I see no solitude, here. Silence, sometimes, but I never feel alone," he paused momentarily, as if considering something the konti had said, "Perhaps, though, if I ever learned to swim," a shy grin gracing his warm face, "I could learn to enjoy the beach like you, and your sisters."

"To Mura? Or to SIlverwood?" he asked, his face smiling, "I came to Mura be closer to my goddess, the Lady Seer," he said, "And to the Silverwood, I came to try my hand at palmistry," he offered Blythe the book, "I suppose I might be to ambitious, I don't think I've had any luck with any of my predictions -- I don't suppose you know anything about fortune-telling, Blythe?" he asked politely.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blythe on January 30th, 2013, 8:36 pm

"Either," the Konti replied simply before awaiting the man's answer. Reaching for the volume when it was offered her, and pulling it into upturned arms. One hand sliding from underneath to pull the cover back and reveal lightly yellowed pages filled with an elegant script of black ink. Scrawled in the common tongue. It was a slow read for her; lavender colored eyes gracing a diagram that labeled all the lines- from the life to one's death.

Slowly, the woman looked up as Thomas' words roused her from measured readings. "Not about palmistry, no," Blythe responded. "Tarot cards I know something about, and a hint of what's found in drying tea leaves." She paused for a moment, her soft eyes sparkling as she closed the book with a definitive clap, and handed it back over to the stranger. "Are you interested in the cards Thomas? Or just what lies within one's hand?" she asked.

OOCSorry for another short post.

Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next