Another Year Older(Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Kaelithus on June 7th, 2010, 10:43 am

"as i recall you knights are sworn to uphold the law correct? but isn't begging illegal...you think i didn't see that scene at the bar?" Kael smiled devilishly "i only kill if the person is in my way...or is on a list somewhere locked in a drawer...and my sword, sir? why is it so wrong for a man wrest his wrist on his blade?"
Kaelithus
Player

Words: 11558
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Wystern on June 7th, 2010, 2:07 pm

"So, you are telling me that I should have cut down a starving beggar unfamiliar with the laws of our city as he only came about one or two weeks ago? What did you want me to do? Cut him down? Exile? You didn't see the "scene" at the bar; you looked, but you didn't see." He said with a smirk, sounding entirely serious. "You kill for a list locked somewhere in a drawer? Well, if you are some kind of a would-be-assassin, we will catch up to you. I cut down those that pose a threat and disturb peace.As for your sword, it started being wrong when you so intently started staring in the back of my head."

Wys got up, rubbed his eyes and walked towards the door."If you want anything else from me, you will find me in the tavern." It was days like these that made him want to forget about reality, even for a second.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Kaelithus on June 7th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Kael smiled "you caught me looks like you won this battle..." kael looked at Wystern "although a job would be important to me" He turned to leave the man be before looking over his shoulder "Oh and one more thing...if anyone does ever pay the fine for my 'special services' I'm more intellegent than some drunk assassin looking for work...I don't leave calling cards...or evidence."
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Wystern on June 7th, 2010, 7:22 pm

"That sounds like a challenge. You will leave evidence: a dead body. You will slip up, everyone does. You will be caught, there are five thousand of us. You won't escape, I promise. Welcome to Syliras, Inarta, we don't hire assassins, we kill them." He looked back at the man, smiling. "Do not mistake me for arrogant, I know how to find the underworld where it shouldn't exist. Good luck." He added before entering the doorway. "How interesting." Wys muttered to himself.

He entered, and decided to spend the rest of the night behind a mug in peace.
Last edited by Wystern on June 7th, 2010, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Kaelithus on June 7th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Kaelithus smiled muttering to himself "I never said I liked to be tha assissin..." he looked up at Wystern as he was entering the pub and called "Then i guess it might be good to hear none have payed for anything more than a simple theft in this city...yet...even you knights can't do the things some people deserve"
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Aren on June 7th, 2010, 9:14 pm

When the man he knew as Crow re-entered the bar, Aren couldn't help but notice the look of shit on his face. As the servant girl finally brought him his drinks, he motioned her to bring one to the Knight.

Clasping the mug in hand, the Akalak pointed it at Crow, and raised it in the air.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Sharn on June 7th, 2010, 9:29 pm

The town was unfamiliar at best, and to be honest, he was surprised that just about every single local in town, which all spent their short amount of time in his presence by staring and watching him, some muttering, some frozen in raw fear. Sharn was not particularly used to people, but he had learned. The problem was not his own reactions though, it was the common man's reaction towards him. Sharn was a Jamoura. He was a large ape-like being, and even though his kind developed speech in the human tongue and have proven themselves to be highly educated, people still feared them because of their massive size. He couldn't blame them. Primitive fears, you see a large wild beast, you either fight or flee, common sense... no, instincts.

Sharn was hulking through the town as he came across two men arguing, but it was their topic that intrigued him. Assassin, knights, and work. Sharn had no interest for assassins, had no experience in dealing with them, didn't desire it either. Knights, though, he figured Wystern to be an officer or law-keeper in Syliras, and noted he said 'we' several times. We, the town, we the Syliran Knights, it made sense, he was with them. That was the man he needed to talk to. Sharn, however, adopted the manners of his late master, and thanks to her infinite wisdom, he was able to adapt. He allowed their conversation to end, but found himself timid in approaching Wystern. The man was having a rough day. Sharn, of course, had no idea how long that argument lasted, or if any problems before it had occurred, but the man was, without a doubt, bothered.

A few minutes after the knight disappeared into the tavern, Sharn followed, ignoring all eyes locked on him or whispers about his appearance here. It obviously wasn't illegal, he hadn't been approached by the knights yet, but it must be a shock at least.

Sharn found fitting through the tavern entrance to be a task for his hulking body. He was nearly four feet wide, and just short of eight enormous feet in height, crouching, turning sideways, and carefully shuffling inside, Sharn was able to avoid crushing the frame or plowing over people. Oddly enough, the residents of the tavern seemed a little more tolerable of his presence, or maybe just lacked the ability of fear due to large amounts of alcohol running through their veins. The Jamoura Male slowly scanned the room, searching for that Syliran knight, which he now regretted not grabbing a hold of when he was outside.
Sharn
Scholar and Writer

Words: 17170
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2010, 4:09 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Another Year Older(Open)

Postby Kaelithus on June 7th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Kael walked into the pub "i'm thirsty...maybe some ale will help.." he looked around the room for a open chair, his eyes caught the massive blue man sitting across the room "hmmm Akalak....strong race...iv'e always wondered if there a race of all men, how do they...no...not gonna start into that" Midnight emerged from Kaels backpack letting out a squawk "no friend, i'm not gonna kill anyone none have payed enough yet sadly...I could use some more coins. Kael walked over to a table next to the blue man and sat down silently repositioning his bow and talon swords. he looked over at the Akalak and nodded his head "hello there." Midnight looked over the man with his beady eyes then began to clean his feathers.

one of the girls came up with a smile on her face "may i help you sir" she asked kael looked at her and smiled "just a ale please...oh do you sell any type of nuts? if so ill just take a small bowl for my friend" The woman smiled "ale and ill check for you on those nuts sir."
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

Another Year Older(Closed)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on June 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Thread is closed, those of you just recently joining or have been posting, please transfer you play to a new thread, since things for this thread have strayed a little too of course for me to continue it.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Previous