Kelvic Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Kelvic Questions

Postby Nix Vega on January 13th, 2013, 7:27 pm

I read in another post that it is frowned upon for a Kelvic to ride a horse, being that a human would not ride a human. I'm thinking about creating a monkey or gorilla Kelvic. Traveling for most Kelvic shouldn't be a problem if they decide to leave their possessions behind, but I would take it if there are no trees around that it would take a monkey/gorilla a very long time to travel without a horse. So...

1. If I decided to travel long distances, would my character need to travel via wagon or such? Or could this type of Kelvic use a horse?

2. I read in another thread too that if I don't get the horse, I can use 150 mizas. Does this still apply?

3. Most Kelvic in their animal forms can't move with there possessions, does this apply to Chimp/Gorilla Kelvic who in animal form have a better capability to grab and use tools due to their human-like hands?

4. Chimps/Gorillas are fully mature and able to reproduce by ages 10-12. Do I need to go by this age to determine my characters age (Chimp/Gorillas live 35-40yrs) or I read that Kelvic are mature at 1 year of age. Which do I go by?

5. Being an animal with human characteristics, I'm finding it difficult to invision rping in a city. For example, the level of intellegence. Do I go around thinking "Find food, eat food, play, find food, eat food, sleep" or am I rping a human with human thoughts while in human form? To be more clear this character would not have a bondmate yet, so it would not share any added intellegence through a bondmate yet.
Nix Vega
Player

Words: 560
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Race: Kelvic

Kelvic Questions

Postby Rayage on January 13th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Well let me clear something up for you. Firstly, the kelvic riding another kelvic thing, I never heard of that, and frankly think that its a persons opinion rather than truth. If its not in the newly written up Kelvic article then is hearsay because that baby was just updated not too long ago. Also, humans do ride other humans! Its called a piggyback ride :3 and they are fun. :P

1) Use whatever method your kelvic feels most comfortable with.

2) If you dont get a horse... from like the starting package? Sorry, but no. Starting package stuff cannot be traded in for extra money, and the option which allows that is an all or nothing kind of deal.

3) I bet you could take some stuff with you in your animal form. I dont see why not. Just keep in mind what you could logically carry. Haha every time I read gorilla I think of the Jamoura.

4) In the kelvic lore it states that the kelvic race ages just like their animal counterparts. So if the kelvic was a dog or a cat, it would age like that animal, their human form reflecting their animal age. You go by your animal form to determine age along with when they are sexually mature.

5) They are a unique blend of human and animal possessing characteristics of both. There is a balance between the two mindsets. Id suggest rereading the kelvic lore to get a clearer picture. More specifically Section 5 on their Biology, and Section 6. I know its a longer read now, but I think it will clear up a lot of things for you.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Kelvic Questions

Postby Laszlo on January 13th, 2013, 8:14 pm

This little tidbit might help.

Once in animal form, Kelvics do not lose their humanity. Nor do they lose their animalistic side once they’ve left their animal form behind.

Their mindset is the same in both forms. It's a blend of animal instinct and higher thought.

Also, like any PC, Kelvics can ride horses with enough skill. Keep in mind that a predatory Kelvic (like a wolf) might see the horse as prey and cause problems, but as gorillas are herbivores, there should be fewer problems with the horse. Pro tip: ride the horse while in human form. The horse will thank you.
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)