Magecrafting & Auristics

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Magecrafting & Auristics

Postby Mienskil Ostovik on January 16th, 2013, 1:36 am

Hey, just have a couple questions about the two disciplines my character's involved in. Thanks in advance!

Magecrafting
The process says that you hit and manipulate the desired item with charged tools such as hammers and tongs, then finalize the process in charged water. However, I searched the page and couldn't find any information on how to charge the tools and water. So, how is that done?

Auristics
This is a bit simpler, but how does one learn auristics without any prior knowledge of the method? As in, how would you teach it to a newcomer with no previous magical experience?
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Mienskil Ostovik
I'm not dead yet!

Words: 73916
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 7:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Magecrafting & Auristics

Postby Mienskil Ostovik on January 29th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Bumping.

If no one knows the specifics of magecrafting things like that, I can take it the HD, but I'd rather try to find out from someone else first. As for auristics, Idon't think that people would just pick it up from hearing about it: how would someone initiate their learning or give themselves the ability?
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Mienskil Ostovik
I'm not dead yet!

Words: 73916
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 7:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Magecrafting & Auristics

Postby Rayage on January 29th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Auristics:

I had the same problem, but I improbed an answer for the sake of my tread with Evalin. This is how we did it, if you are interested. Eva had no prior exp with Auristics, and so I had Ray teach her from scratch.

Magecraft:

That is a great question. There is something in the magic lore about making specially charged with the help of glyphs, but I dont know the specifics O.o Take that to the HD. When you get an answer please tell me too!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)