[Flashback] A Lesson in Eternity (Rayage)

Two days after her death, Evalin finds herself learning under the tutelage of a man who has lived for centuries.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on June 13th, 2012, 5:57 am

40th of Fall, 313 AV

Darkness... The icy breath of death had become a constant companion to this young girls days. Every moment she could feel the chill of the netherworld upon the nape of her neck, could taste how close she had come to ending her existence... and she enjoyed every single moment of her new life.

Within my chest there is no pounding, from my lips there passes no breath... yet in death I am more free than ever I was when I yet lived."

Two days of rest, of quiet ponderings within the darkness of the lab had left the girl... aching for something more. That stirring, that passionate flame which had bloomed within this girls soul raged with such strength that it did naught put cause longing to well within her. It was agony... it was pain... it was... excitement.

Now that fire burned brighter, flaring in anticipation as she gazed upon this picture of perfection, the man cloaked in potential whom had given her this gift... this chance to truly live. There was a thrill, a shiver that passed down her spine and set those eyes without life ablaze with something more. This man, one who had consumed her light... How she yearned to now take his darkness upon herself.

A single pale finger traced the edge of a cold cheek, and Evalin marveled at the strangeness of her new form once again, I feel yet... I do not. How curious...

Her senses felt so dulled, her body heavier than ever before, yet... when she looked upon this man cloaked in marvel such little things seemed to lose their meaning. A new feeling had come to live within her soul, to fill her very being to the brim. That man, the immortal who stood apart from all within the flow of time, whenever his eyes fell upon her Eva felt a shudder deep within her being, and a rising feeling of...

Shaking her head, Evalin cast aside all such thoughts, sinking down within the depths of her mind so as to block out such useless wonderings for a later time. For now, there was much to be done, and the man...

Her eyes moved to lock upon the man's once more, and a smile played upon her lips once more, as it had on and off ever since her time of true awakening, "My dearest immortal... the time has come to present to me what was promised. Please... give unto me the darkness of the world."

Perhaps it was the workings of magic upon her being, the threads of power that the man had weaved into her very consciousness. Maybe it was simply gratitude, a true and heartfelt thankfulness that brought out such devotion and unquestioned loyalty from within the girl. Whatever the case, now Evalin stood ready, still in time and prepared to recieve all that the man would present her.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on June 14th, 2012, 6:01 am

The healing had begun and time had passed. Chimes turned to Bells and Bells to Days. The nuit hadn’t realized at the time, perhaps from the excitement of creating another nuit, how draining the process he chosen was. It took a great deal of time for him to heal and even now, when she called upon him, he still wasn’t completely ready. Though it seems time wasn’t on his side. He could tell her just a little longer, but days could seem an eternity for a new nuit. Still unhardened by the passage of time he knew her psyche was ripe for manipulation and control. If he could plant the seeds today then they would surly pay off in the coming eras.

Everything had to be carefully preplanned, prearranged, ahead of time. Else he risked failing. He wanted no loose variables, especially with his new ‘student’. He wasn’t fond of sharing magical secrets, especially when she could grow more powerful than him and overtake him for sealing her in the darkness of the nuit existence. It was for this exact reason that he was working to so carefully plant the seeds to ensure that nightmare would be just that, a passing thought from an overly cautious wizard.

Head rising at the sound of the words he smiled, ”I suppose it is time.” He nodded to himself, ”Though, it should be known that the darkness of the world cannot be given.” he said turning to her, ”It can only be shown, and you, my dear immortal,” he said, ”are blind to it. You can see nothing but the light and lies, the slander and arrogance of the living is that they believe one can learn and master many things in a life time. Oh, how the light has blinded them. It is so much easier to see the true nature and to observe the light if you are not directly in it. Only from a distance, in the protection of shadow, can we stare into the sun and see lights true form. Though, we do not only get the benefit of seeing what light is but we also discover the nature of the dark as well. We will learn, in our many lifetimes, what mortals cannot. However, first you must be able to see things for how they really are. This, my dear, is what Im going to teach you today. Once you can see, you will able to understand; the first magic which Im handing down to you is Auristics.”

”With this magic at your side you will be able to see and sense things for what they really are. You will begin to understand, and with understanding comes power. After you are able to see, I will give you the most powerful defense, able to block, reject, or contain anything of your heart’s desire. This is the magic of Shielding. With these two gifts I will give you the tools to inherit the darkness of the world and move with confidence in your newfound life. These will truly transform you. Though, the question remains, are you willing to learn?” he knew full well that she was willing, but he wondered how far he could push her. Ray guessed that they might as well find out.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on June 14th, 2012, 7:13 am

Such wonder, such marvel and excitement! Never before had this girl who lived on the brink of death known such... excitement! There before now existence a chance, an opportunity to be more, to truly "live".

Surely this be what life is meant to be, filled with such new experiences. She smiled, and now, for the first time in this existence, i am not bound by the limitations of an eminent demise.

As the man spoke, the girl's eyes shown out with a fire, a passion and an eagerness to learn and grow. It was a flame born from the ashes of dashed hopes and dreams, a flower risen from the crumpled life of despair. Barely contained questions pressed against paled lips, held back only by the iron will of one who knew it was better to listen than to question at this moment. Her fingers twisted in knots, a clear sign of her own inpatients to begin. How odd it must seem... for one to be dead to be so filled with life. Such a thought would certainly prove amusing to those who saw it.

When the man cloaked in knowledge paused in his speech, the girl felt the overflow of words spill from her mind in a sudden rush, "Be it so? Are there yet things that are hidden from me? How might I see them? What is there to see? You say that I may gain the power to protect and reject? How is this done? What are the limitations?" A pause, and those pale lips snapped shut, a strange feeling of embarrassment filling the girl and causing her next words to come out a bit softer, "Whatever I may learn, I accept your teachings in their full. Her eyes looked up to catch Rayage's, "Be I willing? Yet still you ask such silly questions my dear immortal." Those lips smiled once more, "Yes, more willing than even i could express."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on June 15th, 2012, 1:34 am

The way she moved, the way she looked, the way she talked, the absolute confidence in her voice when she answered him all pointed towards the fact that she wanted to learn. The nuit ignored the onslaught of questions. Excitement was abound, and it amused the nuit. Little if anything made him excited anymore. ”You say such things, but haven’t thought it though. There is little in this life that is free, magic is no exception. With these disciplines you use parts of your very soul, you pay with parts of your very being.” the way Ray talked about it he made it sound like something dire rather than a useful tool, but that is exactly how he wanted to sound. He wondered if she really understood the consequences of magic. It was a serious manner.

”And although ones soul, with rest, can recover from the trauma of magic, and although with discipline and forethought one can skim the effects of overgiving one should be very careful when they choose to invoke their influence over the supernatural force that we call magic.” the elder mage gave his thoughts on the subject, ”For overgiving can take your mind and then your immortality will mean nothing.” he warned her against pushing herself,

”Now then,” he began walking over to his desk, he picked up a small stone that could easily fit into the enclosed palm. Walking back over to Evalin he held his hand out and opened it, revealing the stone. ”Take this stone and tell me everything you see about it.” he said, ”What does it feel like? What does it look like? What is it?” he asked. ”This is your first task, your first challenge in learning Auristics.”

He watched her, observed her observing the rock. At first glance it seemed to be just an ordinary rock ”Auristics is the art of seeing beyond. You can see with your eyes, feel wth your hands, Auristics is an extension of all five senses. It is an extension of your being and will take the on different forms for everyone. The first step is observation.” he told her. ”Take some time to get to know that rock. I have some work to do.”

With that he walked out of the room, giving the nuit some time to observe the rock he gave her.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on June 20th, 2012, 5:08 am

Of course she knew, of coruse she understood. To use this power, this new strength would, in the end, come at a price.

To overgive... she pondered, To extend oneself beyond the limits of your existence... Simple sense it would take to understand, yet it seems that I must still keep it in mind least I fall prey to my own arrogance. A single hand rose to touch between deep set eyes that glassed over for a moment, Be it the greatest of folly... to lose that which I have work so hard to obtain. Indeed, let me take what is said to heart to hold it close in all that I do.

Her eyes blinked twice, focusing upon the stone as the man cloaked in knowledge stepped forward once more. Palm extended, and upon that skin aged and grey Evalin saw a single, tiny stone. Reaching forward she grasped it between her thumb and fore finger, bringing it forward before her own eyes as she listened.

"I am to... look at this stone?" Her eyes came up to look at Rayage, his smile the only answer to her question. A small frown lit upon those cold lips as she looked back down at the object, rolling it between her thumb and fore finger as she sought the words to describe that which she saw and felt, "It is... rough. Small and, it has indentations upon its surface." Her eyes squinted to look further, seeking out more information, "Its is grainy on the surface, not really round but oblong with sharp edges and patches of smooth as well."

Shaking her head, Evalin looked up, "It is but a stone... what more is there to see?"

The words of the immortal held sway upon the girl's mind, turning her eyes once more upon the stone, bringing it closer to her eyes, I am to see beyond that which is seen... But how is this done? Looking up to inquiry this, Evalin was met with the fleeing back of her teacher. With a sigh, she looked back at the stone, letting it rest in her palm as she tilted her head.

For chimes, or perhaps it was bells, the girl sat a still as the stone in her palm, eyes never leaving the vision before her. Squinting hard, the girl tried to see more than that which was visible... yet no matter what the stone remained... a simple stone. With a sigh, the girl shook her head, This is impossible... how can one see what is not already visible?

More chimes... more time passed, and the girl's frustrations grew. That stone, that single, simple rock stood still as ever, mocking her in its unchanging nature. Evalin's eyes gazed harder upon this rock, straining against the limitations of a mind not yet fully opened to the possibilities that was auristics.

More time... a seemingly impossible amount of time, and the girls mind was a buzz with harsh red that blocked out all focus that was upon the stone. Closing her eyes, her frustrations grew, thrashing about deep within her chest and scorching a path down her arm, stirring the djed within her to pour forth from her palm and surround the stone. Hissing a curse, the girl's eyes flew open and the liquid res that surrounded the rock burst forth into flame. With a growl the anger fuel reimancy was hurled across the room, bursting against the wall as the girl crossed her arms and shook her head, "Be damned this lesson! What fool would look for more than can be seen in a rock? That it is, no matter what one might say, still a rock!"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on July 13th, 2012, 4:14 am

The immortal did not travel far. No he didn’t have to. His goal was to give the new nuit time to observe and truly see beyond. He wondered how she was doing in that regard, but again his thoughts turned to his own experiments. The creation of the homunculi formula wasn’t the easiest thing to do. He had many ideas as to what it was, and he knew to create life it was going to take life. Everything followed the basic laws of Djed, and since Djed cannot be created or destroyed, he would have to convert it to create life, or use life which already exists and transmute it to his own needs. Both methods were… costly. He would have to continue to study life to see ways to possibly cut the cost of life, then again no transmutation was one hundred percent efficient because of the decay of the half-lives themselves. That in itself was another fact of Alchemy. Life and Alchemy dealing with life… why did it have to be so complicated?

Perhaps it was only the territory of the gods to truly create life? What foolish thought is that? The nuit could almost spit! Why would he think such a thing? He would show the world just how powerful Alchemy really is when done masterfully. Yes, he would create life and even more; he would find perfection and the ‘perfect possibility’ which he has yet to clearly define. Some say goals without clear direction are not goals at all, but to Ray they are goals it just gave him a little leeway in his adventures for the future.

Taking a few chimes walk from his hidden lab, the nuit stopped and turned around. He really didn’t have work to do. The Alchemist just needed some alone time to think of his next moves. Being alone was something which hadn’t happened in a couple of days and he needed time to think of what to do next. Time was what he needed, time was the reason he chose this cursed existence. Sometimes it felt like a curse, but he wouldn’t let his sacrifice be for nothing. No, he had research to do, and things to collect. He had to discover the secrets of life and create himself his own children.

Coming back into the main lab he silently watched Evalin, and saw her loose he patience and throw the rock against the wall. He chuckled, ”Foolish girl.” he said, breaking the silence and answering her question, ”If you cannot see into something as simple as a rock how do you expect to see into something as complex a soul?” he asked her, raising his voice, going over to the wall and picking up the stone which had landed some ways away bouncing off of it. It was still warm because of the fire spell put on it, but he managed. Making his way over to Evalin he held his hand out and looked at her, waiting for her to take the rock again, ”To learn you must concentrate. Patience is the key. Without patience you will grow reckless in your casting and pay the ultimate price, your mind, and we wouldn’t want that.”

If she had not already taken the stone from his hand, he would drop it at her feet, ”Though observation is only part of it. You must also harness your inner power, your personal Djed.” He walked around her, ”Now this may be hard at first and if you find you cannot do it, I have a method to help you.” he went over to his desk and sat down at his chair, ”Try again.” he said, sitting down.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on July 26th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Such words of harsh repute stung like stones upon her bare skin, and the girl winced to hear them, despite her knowing the truth within them. Yet still, what was she to do? See more than is to be seen? What crazed imaginings were these words that would twist her mind in knots of bitter confusion!

Patients... She sighed. Indeed, for this was perhaps her greatest weakness, or perhaps it was a strength yet hidden? For so long her life was left to be counted by the days, yet now... now she was given a vast eternity with which to enjoy and perfect her abilities. For a moment the girl was baffled by the prospect, but with a shake of her head she brought her mind to catch the words of her teacher, the words of wisdom spoken from lips that knew far more than she...

From the floor she took up the stone once more, strewn before her as a mockery of her childishness. Inwardly she burned in flames of embarrassment and shame, for how could she show such a face to the man who had given her so much. My inner power... What could he mean? What were these words he spoke so casually, as if it were the most obvious of concepts? Her eyebrows knitted together in concentration, and she gazed at the stone once more.

"Speak you these words yet still... Matter they little if the one who hears understands not the meaning." Spoken as a child who could not grasp a lesson given, the girl returned her attention in full to the stone. Eyes held intense concentration, a focus born of frustration and a willingness to succeed, but more than this there was something else, a greater power... The ill regret of failure and the determination to never do so again...

Perhaps it was the words spoken just days ago, those claws that were dug deep within her consciousness, but Evalin could not bear it, the thought of falling short of this man's expectations. No... to even think of such caused the girls flame to flicker, her chest to tighten and the wells of self loathing to bubble to the surface of her psyche.

No... She closed her eyes, taking a slow breath though it truly was not needed, As he has said thus far, do not allow the stirrings of impatience to flower into distraction. Do not let the struggles of now affect the outcome of what must be... It was a small thing, but those shoulders which were so tense before loosened ever so slightly, and those eyes opened to gaze with a new determination at the stone.

"Watch me now then, my dear immortal, for I shall master your strange lesson and gain for myself that power which you spoke of." What great boasting words these were, she had to admit, yet within her soul she could not allow the man to look down upon her with ill thoughts and contemplations. She would, no matter the cost, show this man that she was worthy of the immortality gifted to her.

Suddenly, it was like the flickering of a candle flame, the girls eyes lit up in an epiphany, A power... an inner power... Could it be...? Within her form she drew upon that collection of will, that strength that set flame to the rock not long before, He spoke of an inner power then... Could it truly be so simply understood?

It moved, it flowed and it expanded, that welling of djed within her spun to life as it had before, but now the girl hesitated, It is not to form fire that I draw upon this, but to see beyond that which is seen... So then should I not...

Pulling upon the flow that drifted toward her hands, she redirected it to trickle up her arm, coursing through the vens of her neck and collect behind her eyes, filling the space with a buzzing sensation that caused the girl's sight to spin for a moment. Placing a hand upon her head, Evalin focused on the rock, letting the djed pour into her eyes as she never had before.

What then... She wondered, Will I see?
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on October 6th, 2012, 12:32 am

The rock that Rayage had instructed the girl to look at was an ordinary rock for all intents and purposes it was ordinary, mundane, bland, and unappealing. How could this be a good lesson at all? What could the girl learn from the rock? What is there to see really about the rock that the eye cannot deduce for itself? This exercise was pointless, useless, and really annoying for the amount of effort put into commanding the djed and straining the eyes, trying to see deeper into something. But it was not!

As was said before, if one could not see the minute complexities of a rocks aura, how can anyone hope to accomplish something greater? It was a fools dream. You start at the bottom, the simple, and from that understanding you experiment, question, push the bounds, and suddenly you took that simple concept and turned it into something extraordinary. That is how the world advances, that is how one should advance in magic. Start with the basics and build up from there. ”From this lesson on, do not ever lose sight of the basics because if you build on the wrong pretenses, your own tower of understanding shall fall.” he advised her much like he would any child. ”Magic should not be a foot race. Understanding it takes time, and careful study. Those who do run with the concepts, well they end up spraining their ankles, and then the fools who run on that ankle do lasting damage, but not to their body, no, to their very soul. A body, well, it can be replaced. A soul, now that I am afraid cannot be easily repaired.” he shook his head. ”Though you are well educated, correct? You know the risks and folly of fools with magic. Do not be a fool Evalin.” he ended there, assuming the best of his pupil. Something that he was sure he would regret later. Though they will deal with that when the time comes, when the time comes…

The rock was something that had come from the alchemists lab. The rock was something that was around the flux of energy that cascaded around the circle with endless amusement. The rock was something more than an ordinary rock, but it was all too ordinary in the presence of the Alchemist and his lab. The rock, if someone were to observe closely, with the magical eye not the physical, would see, would feel, that it was somehow different. The stone in her hands warped by the alchemical energy giving it a different feeling. Something that couldn’t quite be explained. So it wasn’t an ordinary rock but a magical one, having been affected by the alchemists power. Oddly if it was looked even closer at one might see a property in the aura that isn’t quite in the stone, or at least isn’t strong enough, isn’t present enough for an outside observer to see any change in the rock at all. Though it’s still there, only a sliver.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on October 8th, 2012, 10:48 pm

More words on the basic and their importance... did she not know this already? What nuisance it was to listen to the same--

Evalin mentally shook herself, casting aside all annoyance and haughty thoughts firmly, If this man cloaked in wisdom speaks then his words are to be acknowledged, no matter how often they are spoken or how similar the lessons be. Evalin nodded once to the man, showing her willingness to follow his every command with the smile upon her lips. Her eyes returned to the stone in her palm, I shall not be a fool, for my master has ordered me to be otherwise.

Firm conviction lit her eyes with confidence as she gazed at the stone. Chimes ticked by one after the next, yet still she did not stir. What need have she to now? No it was as the man said, time was something that did not concern her anymore, and so she must learn to BE something different than what she was. She must no longer be the child who lived from second to second, and instead live by the time in-between the seconds.

Patience... What reason have I to rush, to grow frustrated? What I cannot master today I might master tomorrow, or perhaps in the next century... Evalin smiled inwardly at these words that were so new to her, For the first time since my dreaded existence began, I have time...

Chimes ticked by, followed all to quickly by one bell, and then two. Yet still the child did not stir, nor move at all. The stone held within the palms of her hand rested motionless as eyes of a curious youth gazed over it, searching for... anything. There was nothing there, nothing else to see, nothing to... Wait.

Evalin's eyes widened ever so slightly as she noticed what should have been obvious from the start. This stone... It was slightly... warm? For a moment Evalin's eyes narrowed, No... It is cool to the touch so what is this that I... feel? raising a finger to ever so gently touch the surface of the stone, Evalin whispered softly to herself as she tilted her head. Suddenly her eyes widened as she caught a brief flash, a flickering of color about the stone. Pausing Evalin took stock of her body, wondering what had just happened. Squinting her eyes Evalin tried to see those colors again, yet no matter how hard she stared she could not summon those visions again.

Sighing softly Evalin closed her eyes, mentally taking stock of what had occurred. She had felt the stones 'heat', and then she had looked more closely at it... Evalin's eyes blinked open, No... It was so simple as simply looking harder. It was like... Within her mind the girl replayed what she had felt at the time that the colors has shown themselves. She recalled a pressure in her eyes, was that right? No not quite a pressure, but some feeling similar to it. When the colors had appeared the girl had also felt a sudden draining, as if she had used...

In an instant something snapped in place, and the girl gasped in sudden understanding, My power, that stirring within my soul! That was what called for the visions! So then, if I am to view that which cannot be seen I must... Evalin's eyes closed once more and she hummed softly to herself in a slow, steady way. That welling of power within her being responded to gentle prodding's of her consciousness, spreading out and moving upward to fill her eyes to the brim with its presence. She felt a tingling sensation from behind her eyelids for a moment, and when she opened her eyes it was as if a great veil had been lifted from the world. Suddenly everything was awash with color! The table, the chairs, and even her own body gave off the most wondrous of lights, but overshadowing all of these was something dark, something large that filled the small space with its suffocating weight... Yet then everything dimmed, and the world became fuzzy and muffled as if viewed through muddy water. Closing her eyes Evalin shook her head, pressing a hand against her temple as she released the hold upon the magic. The presser within her mind eased, slowly ebbing to return to the flow of her spirit as her eyes fluttered open.

The stone still rested in her hand, a quite reminder of the lesson she had just learned. Brushing a finger over its rough surface Evalin whispered softly, "I saw... its color." Evalin looked at the rock with a new understanding, A muted grey like the other stones in this room... but it also held a very faint silver lining in its outer ring..." Evalin looked up at the man who was her teacher, eyes curious and questioning, "What... does it mean?"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on October 20th, 2012, 9:31 am

The nuit almost grimaced at the question, ‘what does it mean?’, he merely clasped his hands together and looked at her, ”That I cannot tell you for its something that you have to find out yourself.” he said, ”The power of this kind of sight is very individualistic. What one color might mean to me, might mean to you something entirely different.” he explained to her, ”In time you will you come to an understanding of your own symbolic nature, but until then you have to dig deeper.” he said, ”Look deeper, feel more, and from those impressions and the images connected to them, you can slowly piece together the puzzle.” he told her laughing, knowing that this was not the answer of which she sought.

”Though, do not despair,” he added in when he has had his fun, ”The color does mean something, and its presence was no accident. Perhaps we can piece this puzzle together after all?” he suggested, ”Tell me, in detail,” he said, ”what it was you experienced when the colors came to you? What did you feel? What did you see? Did you hear something? All five senses can be tied into an auristic impression, for it’s through these senses that you are used to exploring the world around you.” he said, ”So,” he continued, ”It only makes sense that your mind translates what you ‘pick up’” he used the phrase for lack of a better one, ”to the senses you normally use.” he said.

”If you cannot recall in detail then you were not paying close enough attention.” he lectured on, ”And if that is the case read the stone again, but this time pay closer attention.” he warned, ”You only have a set amount of Djed, and in the beginning this practice burns through it at quite an appalling rate.” he said, ”Effort to Effect ratio isn’t exactly the highest, especially with this magic.” he finished cautioning her.

OOCShort post is short :/

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)