Open [The Red Diamond Tavern] Come Sit By the Fire

Svasra sits to tell tales to those willing to listen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[The Red Diamond Tavern] Come Sit By the Fire

Postby Vaspira on April 8th, 2013, 10:44 am

Vaspira listened as the woman explained in a long lecture, a lecture worthy of a story teller, of why she did not know things about traveling or outside worlds, and how her life was not protected, but was at the same time. Vaspira nodded her head through it all, keeping a small smile on her face, listening and keeping silent until the end. When the storyteller said if she needed to learn things that she was naïve about, that she would have an attentive ear.

Vaspira chuckled, ”I am not an expert, but there are books to be read, you need to know how to start a fire, to cook over a fire, how to assemble a tent for protection, how to protect yourself from not only monsters, but people who would steal your things, rape you, or even kill you. The world out there is dangerous, though it be beautiful and wonderous, dangers lie all around you, in people you think you can trust, people you would call your best friend would put a dagger between your shoulder blades if given the chance, if they had enough reason in their addled mind to do so.” Vaspira kept the warm smile on her face, though her words were harsh, it was the reality of things.

”I travel in my Kelvic form. The fur keeps me warm, I hunt and eat raw meat for sustenance. I climb up into trees to sleep for protection. I trust no one, I talk to no one, I carry only the necessaties needed for travel and nothing more. So for me to teach you how to do things human do on travel…. Well I do not think I am the best teacher for that. I can only tell you to be careful, to not look at everything in a positive way, because life is not at all like that out there. Sure you could stay here, be happy, help, tell a story, do work, and everything will be happy. You can accomplish many things in Avanthal, but how much more can you accomplish out there? How many people can you touch with your stories? How many lives could you save with your words?”

Vaspira gulped down the rest of her water, smiling at the woman, ”Everyone has a calling I think. Maybe I missed my calling, but I think you have yet to hear yours. Listen to your heart, listen to what that little voice living there says. I believe you were placed here for so much more then… this.” Vaspira said, gesturing the Tavern with her hands. She got up from her seat, patting the woman’s hands, ”I thank you for the company, it was pleasant and I hope to see you again soon. I must be going, I need my rest. I hope that this Morwen guides you in whatever you choose to do with your life.” Vaspira gave her one last smile, saying her goodbyes to the woman, and left the tavern, back into the frozen city, to find a tree limb and sleep the night away. She was tired from shifting, so tired. She did not even think she could make the walk, but she would force her tired body to do so, then she would pass out and leave the frozen world and travel to her dreams, where the warm sun would bath her fur.

OOCThis was a great thread, carried on for longer than I thought it would! :D

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on April 10th, 2013, 4:33 am

Vaspira spoke honestly, and frankly of the shadow that cursed every human's soul. Though her words were no surprise, Svasra found herself grimly smiling, gaze flicking briefly away. Some of the darkest souls though, are really of the purest light, she couldn't help but think in protest to the truth Vaspira brutally spoke of. The woman seemed uncomfortable to accept such, her gaze darkening slightly. But, if you never trust, and never show your back - how do you learn who will protect it? Though she never spoke, Svasra watched Vaspira as she continued, the woman spewing philosophies Svasra found herself reflecting on. "How many people can you touch with your stories? How many lives could you save with your words?"

Svasra found herself sitting back with those words, her expression one of mild surprise. Vaspira continued though Svasra had dropped out of listening, wondering to herself where her stories might lead her. Will it be anywhere worthwhile? Will they be destructive, or repairing? Looking at her hands, clenched on the table, Svasra relaxed them slowly. She had to believe they would only bring good ... or else how could she continue to tell them? What storyteller would weave a tale with only malevolent intentions?

The scrape of a chair drew Svasra's full attention back to the lovely Kelvic woman, who patted her hands as she smiled, offering a departing blessing, "...I hope that this Morwen guides you in whatever you choose to do with your life."
"Safe travels, Vaspira," Svasra murmured as the woman left, leaving her to stare at her cup silently. "Is it foolish to say such?" She downed the last of her water, and waved to the workers before leaving, hurrying through the crisp hair back home.

"Mother Morwen, blessed be your grace
Will you watch over me?
My footsteps be the ones you trace?
With the snow
The ice
The cold
I do not feel alone
But how am I to
go on
When I'm so far from home?
Away from white
Away from Holds
Away from snowy spires
Into a land of heat
and dirty sorts of liars
If I pray
and cry
and fill myself with joy
Will you hear me
Will you listen?
"

Svasra let the song die as she reached the door of her home, her parents' home, the home she grew up in and became who stood outside today. Outside looking in. She tried not to think too hard on it.

oocThanks for the thread!! I shall turn it in tonight! C:

Note: Svasra speaking Vani, Svasra speaking Common.
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on April 21st, 2013, 4:05 am

A Panther and a Vantha Meet in a Bar...

Svasra :
Experience:
Interrogation 1
Observation 5
Rhetoric 2
Singing 1
Socialization 5
Storytelling 4
Teaching 1

Lore:
Storytelling With a Little Kelvic Aid
A Tale of Bears and Vantha
Vaspira: A Panther Kelvic
Vaspira: Searching for Knowledge of her Father
Struggling With Common
Utilizing a Translator
Jamoura: The Friendly Ape Neighbors of Avanthal
Yukmen: Amalgamated Abhorrence's
Charoda: Elegant Fish People

Ledger:
-2 GM, 14 CM (Meal, Ale, Hot Chocolate

+ 5 GM, 8 SM (As she departs from the Red Diamond, sliding on her mitten, Svasra will discover the fruits of her labors in Storytelling encased within the mitten that she offered.)

Vaspira :
Experience:
Intimidation 1
Observation 5
Rhetoric 4
Socialization 5
Storytelling 3
Teaching 2

Lore:
Loving a Story You Cannot Understand
Svasra Snowsong: Elegant Storyteller
Icwatch: Protectors of Avanthal and Morwen
Morwen: Queen of Ice and Winter
Morwen's Gnosis: Ice Reaving

Ledger:
-2 GM, 4 CM (Meal, Ale)

Shared Lore:
Overcoming language Barriers
Enjoying the Company of One Quite the Opposite of Yourself

Additional Notes :
Alright! Quite the thread you two put together. As a note, Nova if you want the point or so you would have gotten from this thread, let me know!

I just wanted to throw out a couple of notes for you two in the future that weren't necessarily a major problem in the thread: First, the whole Kelvic shifting exhaustion detail has been removed in the latest update and overhaul Gossamer made to the Kelvic Wiki page. I understand this was a pretty major plot point for the beginning of the thread, but you no longer need to worry about this ever again, a Kelvic can shift an unlimited amount of times per day without worrying about the physical consequences.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that in a Kelvic friendly and aware city, any business as popular and well known as the Red Diamond more than likely has clothes on hand for Kelvics, and or would not actually be concerned with naked patrons. Approximately 50% of the Icewatch is made up of Kelvic, if you imagine half of the police force around you becoming stark naked on a regular basis, the idea of naked entities around you, even when excessively inebriated, doesn't become so much of a problem any more. Just keep this in mind in the future!

Also I was interested that Svasra never mentioned that the polar bears were Dire once in her story, I was curious to see if Lakia was a dire polar bear or not, the same with the wild variety...

I absolutely loved the language barrier between the two, for it made for this awesome form of semi-hard communication which really added a lot to the thread. Svasra I was a bit confused because in the second to last post you were speaking in common almost fluently for the entire thing...whereas the rest of your posts were so wonderfully broken up! At first I was relieved to be able to easily read the test then was really bummed out that you dropped the show at the end there. Vaspira, I really like the attitude your panther puts off, and the juxtaposition between Svasra and the panther Kelvic were quite nice.

If you felt like I left out anything let me know, some nice writing here!

Questions? Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous