CLOSED [OPEN] An eagles perch

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

CLOSED [OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 2:51 am

Kaelithus walked over to the bar simply placing a small stone on the table looking at the bartender "it's done" he stated the man smiled happily "good...here is your pay...50 just like your contract stated...now leave this is supposed to be a human bar and your scaring my customers" Kaelithus took the bag "thank you" he calmy bowed his head walking out feeling the piercing eyes of the humans on his back.

Walking out Kaelithus let out a high pitched whistle. From the sky descended a shadow colored eagle coming to a rest on his shoulder kael pulled out a piece of meat placing it in the birds beak happily eating it nudged kaels face in affection. "come shadow...time to find some work buddy" he pet shadows head walking down the street.

from time to time he would move his red hair away from his face to show his blue eyes after minutes of walking he decided to sit on a rock feeling the feathers of his arrows always vigilant...waiting...watching.
Last edited by Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelithus
Player

Words: 11558
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Cha'risa on June 6th, 2010, 3:23 am

Perched on a roof of a nearby house, Naira watched the strange boy with his bird. Normally she wouldn't have paid much attention to people of the city, she rarely paid attention to anything outside her desert homeland, but this was different.
It was the bird that had swayed her opinion. With feathers the colour of night, it reminded her of the crows that had often swooped around the oasis she had lived in. She broke off in her thoughts as the male began walking.

Her dark eyes followed him as he began to move, and her mind began to wander what he was doing in a town populated with humans. Perhaps the same reason as herself: looking for any dirty job worth being paid for.

She swung her legs over the ledge and slid down the roof, landing with practise ease in the empty street. Against her better judgement, she felt the urge to follow the boy. She wouldn't confront him, she just had to know why he was in this town.
Cha'risa
A line is a dot that went for a walk ~O.Wilde

Words: 2833
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Mixed blood

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 3:39 am

Kaelithus stretched his legs and yawned "well midnight...looks like theres no contracts in this town...time to move on?" the bird gently nibbled on his ear, smiling kaelithus handed midnight another piece of meat "you need to go find some more food bud" he smiled standing up walking into a crowd

Midnight nudged on kaels neck "i know...ive senced her since she jumped off the roof midknight, just waiting for the right time." he came up to a opening in the crowd, with blinding speed he pulled out his bow and had it notched aimed at the woman. he smiled and calmy asked "you're following me?...why?" Midnight suddenly lept from Kael's shoudlers swooping around the woman. His fingers began to rub against the feathers of his arrow waiting for her answer ever ready to strike first.
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Cha'risa on June 6th, 2010, 3:58 am

Naira froze as the man spun to face her, bow already trained on her. She eyed him warily, noticing the bird swooping about her head. His companion, not a slave like so many others. She idly wondered before drawing her attentions back to the man aiming at her.

"I was just wondering what you were doing in town." she answered clearly, her voice thankfully stable. She didn't like bows and arrows, it was too impersonal, too distant to be killed with.

She stared him in the eye and was slightly taken aback by the chilling blue colour. Living in the desert with her people, the Chaktawe she was used to seeing coal black eyes meeting hers. She swallowed and stood still, waiting for his response.
Cha'risa

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 4:09 am

"so you always spy on those you have a curius eye towards?...that could get you killed." he placed his arrow back in it's place returning his bow to his back. "i'm here because I finished my contract and recieved my pay, I was hoping to meet someone who would pay for a kill...or even a steal." Midnight let out a squawk flying down to kael again only this time landing on a small nest like balled up cloak settling down. "i've never seen people like you...then again where can I talk im the only one of my people without a complete hair of fire... besides...what are you doing in this 'city'"
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Cha'risa on June 6th, 2010, 4:21 am

She smiled at his response.
"Normally my eyes aren't curious." she retorted, shaking her fringe out of her eyes. SHe felt herself relax now that she wasn't in danger of having an arrow rip through her ribcage.

"I am Naira, of the Chaktawe. We mostly live in Ekytol, but on occassion some of us can be convinced to travel", she smiled to herself "in my case it was because of money. I'm in the city to trade, so to speak." she stopped there as her throat had become painfully tight with the thought of home. She hated the cities with they cloud filled skies and wooden homes and crowds. She longed for the open desert where she could breathe and hear the wind rasp sand over her skin. She decided to change the subject.

"What is your birds name?
" she said finally, at a loss for anything else to say.
Cha'risa

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 4:30 am

He smirked "well then...a simple 'hello' would have been better than following me ma'am" he bowed his head in respect "my appoligies for drawing my string on you..a habit of mine"

He listened to her story "I see well then what do you trade?" His eyes seemed intrigued until he saw her sadden he was attempting to think of something to say when she cut into his thought process

"my...bird?...he is more than just a mere bird..or even a pet he is my only friend" Kael smiled letting out a few clicks. Midnights head peeked over his shoulders, Holding out his hand the eagle rose from its nest perching on his palm letting out a squawk stretching its wings "His name is Midnight"
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Eiryth on June 6th, 2010, 4:37 am

She was surprised at the apology, but nodded in ascent to accept it, none the less.

She was glad that they avoided further talk of trading, and was happy to learn that the bird was in fact his friend.

"It is good to see that people appreciate the value of such beautiful creatures. Eywaat would smile upon you." she gave a slight bow of her head in respect. It was strange how this boy, with his red hair and blue eyes was reminding her of what she missed at home.
Eiryth
Player

Words: 388
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 1:57 am
Race: Nuit

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 4:49 am

Confused Kael asked "Eywaat?....your god I pressume?" he looked back at Midnight moving his hand to his shoulder, the bird happily moved nibbling on Kaels ear. "If you keep eating like this your going to have to go look for some more food Midnight." He handed his Falcoln another piece of meat gently petting its left wing "I believe I never gave you my name..I am Kaelithus of the Inarta if you've come for glass...i'm not the one to ask I do not have the tools nor the care to do such work of my people I am simply a contract rather it be blood, deliverie, or thieving if you pay well your job is done." he looked into her eyes wondering what was going on inside her mind ''why is she so curius about Midnight...is it because of his feathers..?' he thought.
Kaelithus
Player

Character sheet

[OPEN] An eagles perch

Postby Eiryth on June 6th, 2010, 4:53 am

"Yes, Eywaat is the god of birds, or Crow god to be more specific. He reminded me of him," she gestured to Midnight "with his dark feathers. He seems like a very nice bird."" she frowned in thought for a second. It seemed odd that someone would choose to abandon a trade like glassmaking to become an every-job-fits wanderer.

She was about to question him further when a stray drop of water skidded down her arm, causing her to look up to the gray sky. It was going to rain, normally a joyous thing but at present she was too cold to care.
Eiryth
Player

Words: 388
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 1:57 am
Race: Nuit

Next