[Note by Lamia] C'arc Skyglow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

C'arc Skyglow

Postby C'arc Skyglow on January 22nd, 2013, 4:32 am

C'arc Skyglow

"The art of running away is too lightly taken."

Basic Information

Name: C'arc Skyglow
Nicknames: C, Cici.
Race: Vantha
Birthday: Season of Winter, 48th Day, 495 AV

Physical Description

C'arc is on the smaller side of Vantha standards. Standing proud at 4 feet and 11 inches, and only weighing in at 103 pounds, most would think the girl was made up of only skin and bones. Though she is small, you can see her womanly curves through her clothing. Her arms are quite skinny, but her fingers are small and nimble, perfect for weaving. C'arc's legs are the same, but she has strong, toned thighs, carved from roaming the lands and plowing through the snow from a young age. She is set with small breasts, and slender hips, with a flat, toned stomach to complete it.

As all of her kind, C'arc has long, curly black hair that shimmers with blues of the Aurora. It can vary from a very pale, light blue, to a deeper, darker blue depending on the lighting. It falls just above her lower black, cascading around and over her shoulders, but she normally wears it in a long side braid, sometimes pinned up and out of the way. Her Vantha eyes shimmer from color to color, as normal, but when she is happy, which is most of the time, it sits at a pearly pink color that glow against her olive toned skin.

Character Concept

Happy is one of the most common descriptions of C’arc, as that’s always the very first thing people notice about her. She is, however, also very honest, hard-working, kind, and quite friendly. On the other hand, she can also be described as angry, sarcastic, and mouthy, if you wish to look at her other side.

Maybe it was because of how she was raised, among all the dancing, singing, art, and theatrics that C’arc happens to have such a happy, uplifting spirit. Maybe it was because she was exposed to the hard and quite tragic pasts of her hold that she has always understood how easily and how great she has it. These are all part of the reason that C’arc always has a smile on her face. The other, being how she was brought up by her mother. Achneid had the moral of, “If you have more than others, then you shall always be thankful.” Especially after she ran away, C’arc kept true to that moral. She always tried her best to thank Morwen every day, and to be as kind and as happy as she could.

One of her major flaws is that she is angered very easily, and once done, she can be the most spiteful bitch some have ever met. Though most of her ill-mannered words are meaningless, she still tends to say them in the heat of the moment, losing her friendships, jobs, and once, even an extended family member of hers. It’s a problem, and though she always comes back later, apologizing and looking like a kicked puppy, some people don’t understand that she never means any of the comments she says in spite.

C’arc is, quite frankly, bluntly honest with everyone that she meets. This is one of the factors that keeps most people away from her, even if she is friendly. Her father taught her that honesty is always the best policy, and just like her mother’s moral, she kept true to her father’s as well. If you ask her a question, she will always give you her honest opinion on the topic, and she would never take advantage of someone. Especially if they had less than her.

Countering that aspect of her, she can be very sarcastic. This is mostly when she’s mad of having a mini-tantrum, of which she doesn’t throw often. But sometimes, if you catch her in an irritable mood, you can meet her very rude, very sardonic side. But, just like when she’s angry, she’ll always apologize later for being ill-mannered.

One of the things that C’arc wants out of life is a normal, unmarried, working life. Her plan was to always go to Syrilas and settle down selling pottery and clothing, becoming a master artisan, and to have her fun while she was young, then to eventually move back to Avanthal to live out the rest of her days in a quiet place. Though, there is the other part of her that wants nothing more than to travel all around the world, meet new people and experience new things, and then to die wherever she did. She hoped in doing so, she would make a name for herself. But she does not know which side will win, yet.

History

C'arc has always been a lively child. From the start of her life, she's been surrounded by art; some hundreds of years old, and others newly painted by her own father. He dabbled much into artwork and painting scenes of stories onto pottery, and even delving into making some, while C'arc's mother did more sewing of their clothes and the weaving of scenes of the Queen Morwen. This led C'arc to starting her skill of both of the arts, sometimes even sketching as her father had taught her. But mostly she dabbled in weaving beautiful scenes, just as her mother did.

C'arc was almost always given love from her parents. She cherished them almost as much as they cherished her, as she was the only child of their family. She worked with her mother, and they grew a strong bond with one another, and C'arc thought that it would forever be that way. Until she turned sixteen, the age of marriage.

Not a week after her birthday, her father had brought a man to their small home and introduced the two to be married soon. C'arc didn't care for him. He was older; much older. He was also a Frostfawn, which meant he was a hunter, and she never liked hunters. Most of them were burly, rough, and mean-spirited. But, even so, her parents had wanted her to marry him, as they had paid a hefty price, and they were to spend time together before the wedding, a season away. That was the night C'arc gathered her things and took off into the night, leaving nothing, not even a note.

She traveled the lands, learning quickly how to defend herself using an beautiful, intricate carved compound bow she had stolen from her father. It was tough, and very brutal, but she made it through, her only goal to make it to the city of Syrilas.

When she ran away from home, however, is when she really learned storytelling. Sometimes, while roaming the lands, she would come across a group of travelers, who would sit around by a fire and tell their stories of adventure, of the lands, and of the dangers they had overcome. C'arc's eyes would light up when she heard the stories of some of the men. Many had fought dangerous creatures. Some had funny, drunken stories to tell about their night on the town. it fascinated C'arc more than her race's dramatic stories had.

And so, she traveled on to Syrilas to live out her life.

Training

Skill
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Longbow 10 SP 10 Novice
Weaving 20 SP 15 Novice
Riding 15 SP 15 Novice
Storytelling 10 RB 5 SP 15 Novice

Gnosis
N/A

Languages
Vanni (Fluent)
Common(Basic)

Lore
Lore of Religion: Morwen
Lore of Vantha Culture

Equipment & Possesions

Items
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack
Comb (Bone)
Brush (Bone)
Soap
Razor
Balanced Rations
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel
Heirloom: Her father's intricately carved compound bow.

Clothing
Simple Shirt (Off-white)
Simple Pants (Brown)
Simple Undergarments (Off-white)
Simple Cloak (Black)
Simple Boots (Brown)

Weapons
Compound bow
Set of arrows (50)

Animals
White Frostmarch, Silverwings

Housing
1 large tent (4 person)
Large tarp
100 ft. of rope
Flint & Steel
Lantern
2 torches
Bedroll
Blanket
Fishing tackle & hooks
Full set of tack
Large set of saddlebags

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

Ongoing

Complete
N/A

Flashbacks
N/A
Last edited by C'arc Skyglow on January 27th, 2013, 4:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
C'arc Skyglow
Player

Words: 7832
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 3:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

C'arc Skyglow

Postby C'arc Skyglow on January 23rd, 2013, 2:45 am

(To fill in later...)
Question & Answer

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
C'arc Skyglow, nice to meet you!

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
C'arc is just fine. Hardly anyone calls me different.

3. How old are you?
Seventeen; a year into marrying age.

4. What is your height?
I stand about 4 feet and 11 inches, on a good day.

5. What is your weight?
About 103 to 105 pounds. I try to stay light, however, and in great shape.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Happy. I think that's all that really matters. But sometimes I can be a hothead. And kind of sarcastic, but I never honestly mean it.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
To be honest, I wouldn't know how others see me, as I am not them. I have no clue.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
Oh, my hair to be honest. So wild and free, and so colorful!

4. How physically fit are you?
I'd say pretty fit. I've traveled alone and through the wilds.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I'm used to dressing in many different layers to keep the cold out. I tied furs up in my hair and around my head, almost like a princess. Nowadays, I dress more poorly, as I'm not as fortunate.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mother is Achneid Skyglow, and she loved to sew and weave. She taught me everything I know. She cooked wonderful, homely meals. It reflected who she was. My father is Bran Skyglow. He painted so beautifully. Very kind man.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
None. I was born an only child of my family.

3. What is your extended family like?
Hilarious, and oh so lively! I considered the hold my family.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Just as important as your real family, of course. I could never be here without the help of one of my dear friends...

5. Do you treat animals like family?
Yes! I love them as I would love a brother or sister!

Avanthal, in the Skyglow hold.

2. Where do you live now?
I currently reside in Syrilas, but I'm not if that's permanent.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Riverfall! It seems so relaxing, always being surrounded by water...

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Not particularly, no.

5. Where do you fear to be?
Anywhere in Falyndar! It seems quite scary!

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I have a weak left arm from an animal attack when I was younger. It's severed some of the nerves, so I can't feel very well, thus it's harder to move it.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Proud to be right handed! It's so common!

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Vanni and the common language. I don't know how I sound exactly... I think my accent, however, is more nasal, maybe.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I ramble a lot! I don't know how people talk to me sometimes. I can launch into some seriously long conversations. I also tend to run my hand through my hair, which messes it up.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
I have my ears pierced three times in each ear. I really want to get a tattoo behind my ear and somewhere along my hip one day!

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
C'arc Skyglow
Player

Words: 7832
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 3:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

C'arc Skyglow

Postby Lamia on January 30th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Hey!

I’m Lamia! The local Character Sheet Liaison. I’m here to help you get started and help you out if you have any questions regarding the lore or just about anything you are having trouble with. So if you have something on your hearth, don’t hesitate to ask.

Now, I have slithered over your character sheet and found a few flaws you have missed.

• Gender: While this seems obvious, we do require for you to add your PC’s gender on your CS.
  • Heirloom: Technically, a Compound bow usually falls under the category of a longbow as it is a variety of it. According to the Price list, a Longbow costs 75GM. Please look over the Price list again and chose a different type of bow. [keep in mind that a heirloom is just one item. So you must purchase your arrows separately]
  • Skills/History: The lands of Mizahar are highly dangerous. So it is unlikely for a young girl to travel alone on the wilds without a wilderness survival skill even between two cities as Riverfall and Zeltiva, traveling from Avanthal to Syliras is a challenge. *this is not a mistake. Just something to keep in mind
  • Eyes: Since Vantha Eyes are much like mood rings and change color with their emotions. Vantha characters are asked to add an explanation of their ‘eye colors’ This is also helpful for the player as reference. The common emotions being: joy/happiness, content, sadness, anger, embarrassment. Some players add in more but it’s your own choice.

Please address these issues and as soon as it’s done, contact me and I’ll remove this post. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

~Lamia
Lamia
philosophy clips off wings...

Words: 13262
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2013, 10:41 pm
Race: Staff account