Hello World :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby C'arc Skyglow on January 23rd, 2013, 12:01 am

1. Name C'arc Skyglow (or if you want to know me, Taylor c:)

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? I've been writing for over nine years, and roleplaying (albeit poorly) for about five. Mostly on sites like GaiaOnline, SoliaOnline, and other forums as such. Nothing this large-scaled, which I absolutely adore, by the way.

3. How did you find us? To be honest, I've had a character on here before, but as I'm very ashamed of her and just-- no. I found this site originally though, through just Googling roleplaying sites, and this was the first to pop up! Convenient!

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Action, on the edge of danger and romance, really. I'm a really big hopeless romantic, and stuff like that really gets my passion flowing! But another thing I love to do is nitty, gritty, dangerous action. Fighting, things blowing up, twists and turns, trouble at every corner. It's so intense, and I just love it!

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I like writing about the past struggles of my characters. I think it's just out of reflex, really, as I was a poet of feelings before a writer, haha. But I see myself doing quite a few flashbacks here... In turn, I don't like to write about things going perfectly dandy. I want struggle, I want conflict. That's the juicy stuff. That's the stuff that makes me want to write more and more.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? All the diversity! All the customization and control! It's literally a character alive, and I love to be able to map my character, even her secrets, for others to see.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? To be honest, the lack of information for newbies. My friend decided to try it out, and though it ended up getting help from the moderator, he was still very confused. My first go around wasn't very fun, either. Quite embarrassing because I literally had no idea what I was doing. That and lack of just newbie threads. I'm scared to jump into others, sometimes, because I lack skill, haha.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? More writing experience and hopefully, skill. I want to better my writing, and maybe add more substance and detail to be able to make large blocks of text, haha.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? Definitely the starting guide. I wish it had been more... organized? I don't think that's the right word. I think that was my only problem though, really. The rest is great!

10. Anything else you want to talk about? Please be easy on me! I'm still a high school student, so I know that I'm not the best of the best out there, but I'm really interested in this, and I hope to have a lot of fun. A couple long time friends wouldn't hurt either! C:
C'arc Skyglow
Player

Words: 7832
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 3:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Darcy Silverwood on January 23rd, 2013, 4:59 pm

I'm a newbie too - pleased to meet you! It was very interesting reading all of your answers. :)
Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don’t you go down
~ ♥
Darcy Silverwood
Destined to be different~

Words: 24237
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelaugh on January 24th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Hi there, welcome :)

I agree that Miza can be very daunting to start with. There's so much depth here you feel like you're just barely scratching the surface of all there is to see and do. But stick with it, the longer you're here the more it makes sense!

I hope you enjoy your time here this time around :)

- Kel
Kelaugh
Player

Words: 13576
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2012, 12:24 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Kayliegh on January 25th, 2013, 1:15 am

ANOTHER GAIA GIRL.

Sorry I started on Gaia, way too low lit for me so i quit.

First off I just need to tell you your avatar, the model your using is in use so you might want to find another. If a mod notices that two people are using the same model they'll ask you to change it.

Also don't be worried about the highschool thing. Some of the best writers on here are in highschool.

Because you're a Vantha and you just started out I'd love to do some flashbacks with you, to get your character and mine some more skills.

Also because I've been on this site (Except for a brief period of broken computer and marching and filled days) for around seven months now so I'd be willing to help you with any questions you had. I know how confusing it can be when you just start so if you ask me a question I'll do everything I can to answer it.

Be friends with me! I have cookies. And love.

Haha hope you enjoy your time here, everyone will be really nice, they were all newbies here once. So they won't blame you for not understanding things. Especially if you make an effort to try and understand things.
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby C'arc Skyglow on January 27th, 2013, 12:05 am

Thank you everyone~!

Kayliegh, I'd love to be friends! I'm also changing my avatar very soon, so thank you for letting me know that.

I'd love to do some flashbacks with you. As I said, I can see myself doing quite a lot of them, as that's what I normally dabble in anyways. So whenever you're interested, let me know!
C'arc Skyglow
Player

Words: 7832
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 3:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet