Closed Hypnotizing the Mind [Miria]

Vaspira teaches a curious woman about Hypnotizm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Hypnotizing the Mind [Miria]

Postby Vaspira on January 30th, 2013, 2:09 am

50th of Winter 512 Av
11th Bell (1pm)
Red Diamond Tavern

Vaspira walked through the Red Diamond Tavern, looking around lazily at the patrons drinking in there. Vaspira rolled her eyes at some of the drunkards making fools out of themselves and proceeded to the bar, to get a small meal and maybe something to drink, she was feeling a little tired, and sleeping in a tree in this northern place was not as comfortable as the Spires had been. Vaspira knew she probably looked a little odd, as she only wore her mother’s bladed cloak around her body, but it covered all of her private areas well. Still did not keep out the cold from the North though, she just hadn’t found time to go shopping yet for some new clothes.

A thought occurred to Vaspira as she approached the bar, Why should I pay for this meal?/ Vaspira smiled mischievously and walked to one of the tables closest to the fire, and sat down waiting for her victim to come to the table to get her order. The young woman walked up, looking like all the other people here in Avanthal, dark hair changing eyes.

”Would you like anything?” The woman asked in a shy and quiet voice. Perfect.. Easy target. Vaspira thought to herself as a small smile crept upon her face.

”Yes I think I will have a loaf of bread and a glass of milk” Vaspira told the mousey girl in a calm and confident tone, she turned to leave to go get her order, but Vaspira grabbed the woman’s hand and made her turn to face her again. Vaspira locked her ice blue eyes with the woman’s shifting ones, gazing deeply into the depths, and it will be on the house, I will not have to pay for the bread or milk, you think of me as a kind person, a friend, who you will not make pay for such meager items. Vaspira planted the suggestion in the woman’s mind, letting go of her hand when she was done. The woman looked at her with a bright smile, a warm smile that one would give a friend.

”Right away, and you do not have to worry about paying, it is on the house.” The woman told Vaspira in a bright happy tone, as she strolled away from the table to the bar, with a little happy step in her walk. Vaspira smiled slyly at that, hypnotism wasn’t always a bad thing to use, sometimes it made people happy, so it benefited her and the other person really.

Vaspira peered around the room to see if anyone saw her, and locked eyes with another woman across the room, that was staring at her with interest. Vaspira’s palms became a little sweaty at that, she hoped the woman did not notice what she did, people who knew about hypnotism would of perhaps seen what transpired. Vaspira did not deviate her gaze from the woman though, a predator never backed down, and she wasn’t going to start now.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on January 30th, 2013, 7:38 pm

It was the peak of the Winter season and this one has turned out to be one of the worst in Vantha history. Normally Miria would be elated to finish using up all the feathers she procured for the first part of the season. It meant that her business was steady and that she was set financially for awhile. Then as she would finish off selling off the last of her wares the archer would grab a drink at the Red Diamond Tavern to commemorate such a successful season thus far. However this winter was not normal and the mood in the bar was at a hush from recent events.

Looking to the left of her were a group of Frostfawns that were drinking heavily, bawling out random phrases as they worked themselves up to a point. At which they broke down into tears, their talking slurred and heads leaning on the table collectively for support. Miria herself was considering drowning her sorrows away but she already knew from experience that her sorrows knew how to swim. Instead Miria took to her drink slowly making sure to appreciate the brew before setting the mug down, gasping for air. It felt like a constant buzzing sensation on her tongue as she tried to settle herself into a relaxed mood.

Of course there were other people in the tavern besides herself and the Frostfawns. Unsettling news attracted it's fair share of people to alcohol. Looking around she was able to see quite a few unfamiliar faces. Most somehow associated with the Frostfawn. Animal traders from the market were here, some of the Winterflame chefs, a pair from youths from the stables. All with sordid faces. Which made the next person Miria saw stand out even more to her.

She was not from around Avanthal, that was obvious. If it wasn't the clothes it was definitely her demeanor that stood out. Miria watched morosely as the outsider talked with the tavern wench and even more so when it looked like the stranger was starting to get fresh with the waitress. That was odd, especially for a woman. Miria shoved the thought aside as she watched the other's reaction. Curious and now curiouser.The waitress's mood seemed to suddenly pick up from the slight interaction.

Miria watched the waitress disappear into the backroom before she swiveled her attention back to the outsider. The expression she was giving Miria was like that of a deer's that has sensed danger. Miria could feel her eyes starting to shimmer slightly before she brought the drink back up to drain the beast. Closing her eyes as she set her drink Miria's eyes started a dim blue before looking back at Vaspira. The look Miria was given slowly turned into a glower as she stared blankly back. The archer did not appreciate the staring contest between the two as she yawned lazily. Laying back on her seat Miria eye's drooped as she slouched slightly on the seat. All thoughts of the stranger mostly forgotten until the waitress came back with her order. Where the Vantha watched the exchange, paying more attention to the waiter then Vaspira herself.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on January 31st, 2013, 6:07 am

Vaspira liked this eye game her and this woman were playing, it perked her predator’s senses that she kept the gaze, and even glared back. How fun… Vaspira thought smiling sadistically at the woman as she yawned laying back in her seat. The woman’s eyes drooped as she slouched. Vaspira frowned slightly, but then the waitress came back with her bread and milk, a smile on her face.

Vaspira returned her smile in kind, ”Here you go! Some fresh bread and some fresh milk as well. I hope this satisfies you.” The woman smiled standing there. Vaspira nodded and smiled back. ”Yes thank you, it is perfect you did a splendid job.” Vaspira replied to the waitress and took a sip of the fresh milk. It was indeed fresh and delectable. Vaspira glanced at the woman, with her brow slightly arched.

”Is there something else?” Vaspira asked questioningly of the woman. She turned a shade of red, and started to sputter her speech a bit, ” N-no, I was just… I .. Well I am not sure what I was doing.” The waitress said frantically with a slight frown. Vaspira sighed and looked at the woman in the eyes, placing a clam smile on her face. You pleased me, and you feel happy that you have pleased a customer, the bread and milk are still free, and you will go about your duties as if nothing transpired between us. Vaspira kept her gaze locked with the other woman, then slid it away when she was done, going back to eating her bread. The woman only stood there for a few more seconds before scurrying off to her duties.

When Vaspira was half way done with her bread and completed her milk, her belly was fully and she stretched lazily, almost purring at the feel of her tense muscles stretching themselves. Vaspira wanted nothing more than to curl up by the fire in her Kelvic form and take a quick nap, but the woman was still there, and she looked over at her again. Curiosity got the kitty in trouble… but oh how much fun that trouble can be. Vaspira thought to herself chuckling lightly as a sly smile sled itself upon her face. She got up from her table and walked over to the woman that she was playing eye wars with, she stood in front of the woman motionless, expressionless.

”See something you like dear?” Vaspira purred out the words at the woman, even being so bold as to give her wink, as she sat down beside her. ”Could not help but notice you couldn’t take your eyes off of me. I don’t blame you though, I am gorgeous, aren’t I” Vaspira laughed melodically at her words, as she brushed her hair behind her ear and looked at the woman sitting beside her. She could see the jet black hair, and her build looked to be strong and fit. She was a rather lovely woman, although Vaspira was not really into women sexually, she did have a beautiful face. Vaspira cleared her throat and looked at the woman, keeping a pleasant smile on her face, waiting to see if she would come back or be offended and walk out.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 1st, 2013, 2:17 pm

Bread and milk? Miria fought the urge to giggle at the outsider's meal. Perhaps it was her drink talking but the thought of what looked to be a seasoned outsider settling for mere bread was funny to the archer. She chuckled inwardly a few times to herself while watching the waitress fumble slightly, though that quickly changed as Miria realized what was going on. This person was doing it in plain sight! In a crowded bar no less!

Pursing her lips Miria's expression darkened as she her hands went to the hilt of her sword. Of course the vantha would not dare do anything too drastic but it was a calming habit of hers nonetheless. Watching as the waitress distanced herself from Vaspira Miria pointed her out to other patrons, making sure they were informed was important. Though Miria's pointing and prodding was largely ignored or otherwise they were too intoxicated to understand.

Alright then. I suppose it is up to me then. To her surprise it seems like the outsider wanted to make the first move as she walked over to Miria. The archer could feel her cheeks flushing slightly at the interaction. What is with this woman? Being in the same position as the waitress from before Miria started to understand why talking with this woman picked up her mood. But this was wrong. This was not right at all.

Taken aback Miria tried to regain her composure as she said what came to mind. “You know you should not tease her like that. You should know tavern girls have it rough already.” Miria looked away to fix a ruffle in her shirt, tugging nervously as she tried to recover. Turning back to the stranger Miria forced a slight glare before continuing. “The same goes double for me. I'm not some wallflower that you can tease.” Perhaps it was because Miria was drinking but she not only felt embarrassed as Vaspira winked at her but also pleased that she was subjected to it also.
Last edited by Miria on February 4th, 2013, 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 1st, 2013, 5:29 pm

The Vantha woman’s words made her lean back and laugh; it was one of those laughs if she had friends they would smile, a laugh that made others happy as well. When she was done laughing, she leaned in closer to the woman, licking her lips to wet them, her slits in her eyes growing smaller, as her tongue prodded her elongated canine as she thought of what to say. Did this woman know what she did? It would only have been seen as flirting to people, besides those who know how to do hypnotism, or if someone had a very observant, and undrunk eyes. She looked the woman up and down, not like a perverted man would, but just the interesting gaze of a woman.

”I was not teasing her my dear. Did you not see the smile of happiness on the woman’s face? I gift her with someone few could in this tavern. How is that teasing?” Vaspira’s voice came out in a purred whisper, as she leaned even closer to the woman ”And you may not be a wallflower, but I know you like it. So no reason to get hostile about it, no harm done.” Vaspira gave her a bright and warm smile, her elongated canines gleaming in the light, as she leaned back in her chair, looking at the woman’s face to see what expressions it would hold from her words.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 4th, 2013, 2:19 am

The archer's eyebrows furrowed as the other found what she was saying amusing. Her lips in a set line watching with an incredulous glare. Is this woman serious? It is like she is trying incite me.

"I'm serious. What your doing is almost insulting to watch."

Tilting her head confused, Miria didn't quite follow what Vaspira was saying. If it was not teasing or annoying what else could it be called? What made her so different from everyone here?

"Oh."

Miria blinked twice as she went through a small epitome. The woman was serious and she wasn't trying to incite her, rather entice her. Or not.

All of this was too much to take in. Miria spaced herself away from the conversation slightly as she looked back at Vaspira. She had the eyes of a hunter, the type of hunter that Miria had never considered but being here and seeing it for herself it was quite intimidating. Miria was too shocked to speak properly. This was the first time Miria was caught out in this awkward situation and she didn't know how to deal with it.

"How did you do that?" Miria found herself asking, trying to work through her unease. "Make the waiter smile with such an empty expression. It was like she was lost." Miria's mood picked up at this realization. Having something to focus on put her back on track. There she was facing down this stranger at the bar, feeling mighty brave now.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 4th, 2013, 6:28 am

This woman looked thoroughly offended my Vaspira’s actions, but she was not sure if she knew what exactly she did, or if she assumed Vaspira was coming on to the woman. It made her chuckle slightly as the woman seemed to come to some realization of what Vaspira was doing. She asked how Vaspira did that, slightly uneasy.

A slow playfully smile crept up on Vaspira’s face. So she knew Vaspira had done something, just did not know what that ‘something’ was exactly. Vaspira stayed silent as she looked this woman up and down. She looked to be strong and fit, maybe a fight or hunter, she was not sure yet. But, if she was interested in knowing what she was doing, then Vaspira had no problem teaching her. Vaspira nodded and look the woman in the eyes.

”I was using magic. Specifically I was hypnotizing her.” Vaspira said in a very low tone, one for only Miria to hear, ”It plants a suggestion or thought into a person’s mind, and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. It worked on the barmaid because she was an easy target, on a harder target it would not have worked. But it can be helpful for the person as well. It gave her some happiness, although she did not know where that happiness came from, she felt the emotion.” Vaspira cleared her throat from whispering, and watched the woman’s face as she took in what Vaspira said, her eyes serious and calm.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 6th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Miria needed only to hear the word magic before realizing that what had happened. The common word for magic came out of Vaspira's lips and Miria got a rough idea of what had transpired. It did not take a genius to understand that manipulating djed eventually leads to manipulating people. Through intimidation, seduction and other more subtle ways, the manipulation of people almost always complicated when using djed. So hearing this. Hearing this outsider just tell her outright of her ability, what she can possibly do was strange. So strange that it scared Miria.

Recalling books she read on this personal magic, Miria's mind was at a lost on what to do. This was an amazing chance. Finally someone she could get answers from, someone to talk to about the usage of djed and why they feel the pull to it's manipulation. But first caution dictated this Vantha's actions. Nothing in this world came without a price and Miria would be the first to advocate that.

“Show me again. Do me. I want to see it for myself.”

There. The price would be using her as her own subject material. That was fair right? Miria shifted uneasily finally realizing what she said. Inwardly cursing her rash on given the situation she went with her first instinct. Staring straight into Vaspira's eyes Miria could feel the shades of doubt forming from her eyes. From a murky blue to a fearful hazel her eyes watched carefully for what happened next.
Last edited by Miria on February 6th, 2013, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 6th, 2013, 9:56 pm

The woman setting before her looked slightly scared. This of course was understandable. Not everyone liked magic, most feared it, and a lot of people actually killed magic users. It was something Vaspira had to deal with though, and usually she kept her talents secret. But this woman still looked interested despite her fear. Then she offered herself to be the test subject. Vaspira leaned back looking at the woman with a frown. ”You would not know what I was doing, when I was doing it, nor would you remember me doing it after I am done doing it. So if you are interested in knowing how it is done, then it must be done on an individual that would be easy to hypnotize, as I am still a novice at the magic.” Vaspira explained calmly, as she peered around the tavern spotting out a drunk individual whose mind would be easy to plant a suggestion in. ”You do not manipulate people, you are not controlling them, you are only planting a suggestion into their minds, and it is up to them to act on it or not. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work.”

Vaspira looked back at the woman, and smiled. ”Now if you are interested in seeing how it is done, and perhaps learning how it is done, then I would be more than happy to show you on this drunkard over there, Vaspira gestured to the slightly large gutted man sitting at a table all alone, gulping down what looked to be his fourth ale, ”This man would be easy to hypnotize. Are you interested?” Vaspira was excited to attempt to hypnotize the man, it could be fun, and they could get a laugh out of the drunk. Sure some saw this as unethical, but the man was filling his body with alcohol, so that is unethical in itself too. Vaspira stared at the woman with her predator eyes, as she waited for the shifting eyed woman to answer her.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 7th, 2013, 11:37 pm

This new development was disappointing news to the archer. The way Vaspira was portraying hypnotism seemed like such a planned out ordeal. No clear cut way to ensure it's effectiveness but it hides the user from his/her target. It seemed more like a pain then an actual problem to Miria. For both the user and the victim. But perhaps this was not the case, Miria was not sure of this just yet.

Perhaps it is her straightforward demeanor that made hypnotism seem odd to Miria. However seeing Vaspira here and seeing it work for her made Miria give it another chance. Vaspira on the other hand had different plans for their evening causing Miria to give her an incredulous look. Learn how to use djed? Not a chance! This Vantha was fine just knowing how it all works thank you very much! Indeed it would take something monumental for Miria to submit herself to overgiving. If anything shielding would be as far as she would go and that would be only for her arrows. Shaking her head a bit too excited Miria's body language seemed to portray her intentions quite well.

“I just need to know what to look for. Just incase I meet another like you.” Miria explained softly. Hoping that Vaspira did not mistaken her behavior as an insult Miria looked at possible prey in question.

For some reason picking on someone who was drinking a bit too much put Miria off for some reason. No, perhaps another target would be appropriate? Perhaps someone taking down their second mug of ale? They would be less likely to hurt themselves if they choose to follow what Vaspira had in store for them. Who knows? They might still have enough of their senses to have fun doing it? “Not him. Perhaps the man over there? He's been humming the same morose song for a time. Maybe you can liven his mood?”

Not daring to look back at her new acquaintance, Miria could feel her eyes baring down on her. It was a bit tiring to be around her. She kept the archer on her toes for whatever reason. Perhaps it was the air of mystic that she had. Maybe it was the way that she carried herself made Hypnotism have such a strong pull on the Vantha. Her eyes mirror that of a predator which wasn't too scary the more you looked at them. Seductive with it's own influence on everything around them. Perhaps that was hypnotism was all about.

Miria closed her eyes as she tried to calm down her inner thoughts. They were running rampant and they kept going back to Vaspira's offer of picking up Hypnotism. Of course everyone was different when it came to manipulating djed. For the stranger it seemed to stem from her attune to the outside world and her inner predator. What would she base her manipulation on? The Vantha certainly did not feel strong in anything in particular. Wait! Why was she considering this anyway? Had the outsider already placed a suggestion in her mind? No Miria wouldn't consider that if Vaspira had. Would she?

Still facing forward Miria groaned slightly overthinking the process. I mean she is a mage. She could be lying to me and had been placing suggestions into my mind all this time! Huffing slightly Miria slowly looked back at Vaspira questioningly. Big mistake. The archer was almost mesmerized by the cat like eyes that were watching. Miria took in Vaspira's fair skin on her face. Then at her bold lips. Looking downwards flustered Miria merely nodded in agreement to whatever Vaspira was saying. “Whatever you want. What can I call you stranger?”
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next