Closed Hypnotizing the Mind [Miria]

Vaspira teaches a curious woman about Hypnotizm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Hypnotizing the Mind [Miria]

Postby Vaspira on February 8th, 2013, 4:29 am

The Vantha woman did not seem pleased at all, though most people that were not hypnotists themselves did not like the magic. Even most mage’s did not like the use of hypnotism, only one who has experienced the magic, could truly appreciate the possibilities it laid out for themselves as well as others.

The Vantha woman’s words made Vaspira lean back and chuckle lightly, ”Oh deary. It isn’t that simple. You know how I am doing it, but that does not mean you would know how a master does it. It is more than just using magic, it deals with the person.” Vaspira looked around, then leaned in to whisper to the woman, ”A master hypnotist could walk into a pleasant little village, kind of like this one, and use his influence and say the right things at the right time, play on the secret rivalries and grudges of other’s, and then the next day he would leave a war being fought.” Vaspira was trying to explain this the best she could, ”But now all hypnotist are the same, so do not look down on me so. You barely know me dear.” Vaspira chuckled softly and looked over at the man she had suggested she try on instead of the larger one who was already drunk and weak minded.

Vaspira shook her head slowly, ”No, no that will not do. The whole point is to choose those who are weak of the mind; they are your best bet. The man over there sipping on his mug like a sissy may be humming a sad tune, but the man that keeps pouring the ale down his gullet obviously has something on his mind, something larger than the other. The large drunkard is the one I will use to show you.” Vaspira’s voice started off pleasant and kind, but ended stern. She was not going to change her mind so easily, she had already picked out her victim, and that was the one she was going to use.

”Oh and my name is Vaspira, but you can just call me Vas.” Vaspira smiled a pleasant grin at the woman, hopping down from her seat, ”And what shall I call you?” Vaspira asked, glancing over at the drunkard as a bar maid refilled his mug. Perfect.. Vaspira told herself, bringing her attention back on the Vantha woman.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 8th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Miria kept a straight face as Vaspira kept on about hypnotism's powers to influence the weak minded. Of course the creeping thought of her being under the influence would usually surface but the Vantha would assure herself it was the ale that made her feel so slow. For some reason this concept Vaspira was giving Miria seemed a bit off to the archer. Miria's mind already had a basis for what hypnotism from the earlier explanation but what Vaspira was saying now only worked to confuse her. You talk in circles. Miria sighed softly, How can I believe anything this woman says?

“So your telling me that all of hypnotism is suggestion?” Miria said as she shifted around on her seat. “There has to be more then that. What is the difference between me and you telling someone to do something?” The more this dragged on the less enticing this personal magic seemed. If Miria wasn't so obsessively interested with understanding djed users the conversation between the two would be very different indeed.

The way Vaspira looked at fellow Vantha didn't match Miria well. However Vaspira was the one that was offering to teach so Miria choose to ignore the rude comments. “Alright, just don't do anything too mean if you can help it.” Miria requested. Truth be told it was slightly frustrating not being able to have the influence Vaspira had over some of the tavern goers. Thoughts of helping everyone cheer up about their woes came to mind, she can help them all! Miria blinked a few times as the idea came to mind. Then with a somber expression pushed the thought aside. Then who would she be serving? The people that she helped or her own gratification?

“You can call me whatever you like. Friend, acquaintance, anything you wish.” Miria responded back. The archer frowned slightly as she resisted the urge to rest her head on the table while they spoke. “Some call me Diana. You could use that to address me.” The tension that was forming between them was starting to annoy her. Miria felt like a mere child demanding Vaspira to do a trick.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 9th, 2013, 6:42 am

Vaspira was a patient person, impulsive, but patient, ”Hypnotism is manipulation through suggestion. You plant suggestions in the mind by using Djed, which is why it is different between you doing it and me doing it.” Vaspira sighed softly as she waited patiently to get going to the large man drinking yet another mug of ale. How did he drink so much..? Vaspira thought, glancing back to the Vantha woman as she told her not to be mean. ”Really? You think me capable of harming another without being provoked first? I forgive you, sense you do not know me.” Vaspira chuckled softly as she gestured for the woman to follow her to the table. She did not like the vagueness of what her name was, Vaspira was being honest, this woman did not seem to give her name welling, but Diana would do she supposed.

They made their way to the table, Vaspira swayed her hips slightly as she sat across from the man, winking at him, ”Hello handsome, you looked lonely, and me and my friend thought you may need some company.” Vaspira’s voice came out in a seductive purr as the man glanced up from his mug, obviously a little shocked that two beautiful women such as them would pay him any attention.

”Shhhhuuure. Commmpany would be welllcomed.” The man slurred his words, then bleched rather loudly, the stench of his breath making Vaspira’s nose wrinkle in disgust, but she kept the disgust from her face. Keeping a seductive and soothing demeanor about herself. The man returned his attention to his mug, which just would not due for Vaspira.

The kelvic glanced over at Diana and winked, then brought her attention back to the large man drinking his ale. ”I am Vas and this is Diana, what is your name?” Vaspira asked the man and warm voice, still holding on to the purr.

The man, set his mug down a sloppy smile on his face, winking at Vaspira. ”Thee nammee’s Yulllee.” The man slurred, looking into Vaspira’s eyes with interest.

Perfect.. Vaspira thought, a cunning smile on her face, she stared intently back into the drunkard’s eyes. Yule, this interaction is making you happy yes? You no longer feel sad and lonely, you actually feel jovial now. Vaspira kept the eye contact, stroking the man’s rough hand softly that gripped the mug tightly. His facial expression changed, it went from a façade of happiness to that of one with a pure jovial attitude. The man actually started laughing a little, as if the two women had told him a hilarious joke. Vaspira smiled brightly at the man, flashing her white teeth.

I.. mussst sayyy.. beforrre you twooo came alllong I wasss feellling a littllle downnn and out.. I am verrry happy to have met you twwoo ladies! The man exclaimed loudly, a burly laugh emitting from Yule. It filled the tavern and made Vaspria smile; it was a kind laugh, one that a person would hear on a night amongst friends around a camp fire. A laugh that was welcoming and made those around the man smile, which is if the other people in the tavern were not busy with their drunken acts themselves. Now that Vaspira elicited an emotional response from the man, it was time to plant the suggestion in his mind.

Vaspira gave a sultry laugh winking at Yule. Yule you are a kind man, one whose time should be spent not drinking themselves to death, but doing which you love. I think you should leave this tavern and do what makes you the most happiest. Vaspira purred the words to the man, keeping her hand on his own, and gazing into his eyes. She planted the suggestion into his mind, using the Djed with in herself, letting it weave a web of the suggestion.

The large man looked thoughtful for a moment, staying quiet for a few seconds. Vaspira thought that the suggestion did not ignite in his mind, she thought the man really wanted to do something that made him happy, since happiness was so easily brought out of him, and he was sad drinking his sorrows away. Then the man slammed both of his hands on the table, Vaspira flinched away slightly, keeping calm otherwise.

Youuur righhht, I shhhouldnn’t be here, I needdd to go tellll herr how I feelll annnd stop beinggg a coward! The man said the words in a quick slur, getting up from the table. Vaspira reached out with her hand quickly, grabbing the man’s wrist.

Be careful Yule. Vaspira said in a soft and kind tone. The man nodded and hurried out of the tavern, slightly wobbly but surprisingly not as much as Vaspira thought. He was a man heading towards a goal, a goal that meant a lot to him, so he had not time to be bothered with the light headiness he was most certainly feeling.

Vaspira rubbed her temples slightly, two hypnotisms in a roll was slightly tiring. It did not take that much Djed to plant a suggestion, but she had never done so much in one day. She turned and looked over at the Vantha woman Diana. ”Told you I was not a mean person.” Vaspira said with a weak smile, ”You use your Djed and make the person have a emotional response, it makes it easier to then plant a suggestion to match that emotional response. The man was obviously bothered by something, thinking too hard on it, drowning his worries and sorrows in the alcohol. You must be observant of people’s behaviors, before trying hypnotism. I do hope the woman feels the same as Yule, and was waiting on him to share his feelings, hoping he would.” Vaspira said softly, looking at the door Yule left out of. She did indeed hope that everything worked out for Yule. He seemed to be a kind man, not the type to be drinking himself silly.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 10th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Miria followed Vaspira as they made their way to their target. The archer watched with interest at her new acquaintance stride, trying to match it with her own. Walking slowly, swaying her hips with authority made her feel more in control. It was different from what she normally did but it was not necessarily bad. I should walk around like this more! thought Miria taking a few more strides to the side to practice her walk.

Miria's attention back from the table quitely nodded in turn to Vaspira then to the drunkard as she took a seat. Watching Vaspira work her magic on the man Miria was taken aback by the not so subtle shift in moods. If a mere novice what could a trained hypnotist accomplish? Miria gave a nervous smile at his loud guffaw before looking around guiltily. The attention they could have attracted put her on the edge. Still Vaspira continued with her act even with her companion's unease. Watching Vaspira stare so seriously at this Yule, giving him her demands, it did not help the Vantha's with her nerves.

Calling out in surprise Miria took a defensive position in her seat as Yule took the initiative and started up. Her eyes narrowed as Yule suddenly went on about his feelings. “What?” the archer asked back, completely oblivious to the conversation that led up to his proclamation. Miria had mixed feelings watching the intoxicated man stumble out of the tavern. It was good of Vaspira to spur him on to action but Miria was still not so understanding of why she did it. What Vaspira did was no doubt with good intentions but what the archer saw was a person using ...dirty methods to do what is right. Closing her eyes as trying to make sense of what just went on Miria's hands went to her face, trying to cover up her conflicting moods.

“I never said you were.” Miria replied back quietly. Putting her hands down slowly to her lap Miria looked back at Vaspira giving her a knowing smile. I was more concerned about your capacity to do mean things. Nevertheless Vaspira provided Miria with a wealth of insight and for that she was immensely grateful. Chuckling slightly at her latest statements the archer scrutinized Vaspira's expression to see if she really meant it. 'Hmming' to herself Miria simply shrugged unable to sense if her words were genuine or not. “How long are you staying in Avanthal Vaspira? If your tired of sleeping alone I can certainly use your company. I feel we have so much more to talk about. So much in fact I don't think that we would have enough time if we just talked whenever we are both here.” There it was. The offer was laid before the predator and Miria was ready for her. Vaspira certainly piqued her interest to say the least. Hopefully with enough time Miria could get used to the outsider's ways and work past her paranoia. Then Miria can seriously learn why people use djed without being biased or thinking they mean to harm her. “How about it? Care to humor me and let me keep you for myself during your stay here?”

oocShall we wrap up this thread here? Thanks for giving Miria such a saucy topic to think about. Vaspira seems great! She's so patient with Miria that I hope they can help each other out during your stay in Avanthal.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 12th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Vaspira hoped the man found his love, that they would be united in the same feelings for one another, and she hoped desperately that the drunk man would not pass out from his intoxication from drinking so much alcohol. Diana spoke again and she looked over at the lovely lady with a small smile on her face. She stayed silent as the woman talked, pausing between sentences giving Vaspira room to talk, but she just stayed silent so she continued on.

Vaspira did not know how to react to this woman inviting her to stay with her. It was a kind gesture, but she did not sense that this woman really liked her; maybe she was just curious about Vaspira. Either way, which ever it was, Vaspira was curious about the woman as well. ”I am not going to be in Avanthal for very long, I am here to gather information then move on to Syliras.” Vaspira cleared her throat, and looked deep into the woman’s eyes. She was inviting a predator to stay with her, a predator that used Djed, she was a brave woman. Vaspira of course would never hurt the woman in any way, nor would she use her magic against her, unless it was a life or death situation. Vaspira nodded with the decision she had made in her mind. ”Alright Diana . I will take you up on your kind offer. No funny business though.” Vaspira winked at the woman, and laughed her warm purr kind of laugh at the woman’s shocked face.

She was happy the woman invited her into the warmth, that maybe if they stayed with one another they could possible become friends. That is if they could look past their differences and accept one another for who they were. Vaspira came here for information and seemed to be finding friends, it was a pleasant feeling that chased away the loneliness deep inside herself.

OOCAlright sounds good, the thread is finished now. Miria (Diana) is such a fun character to RP with, hope we start another thread soon!

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Noblesse on March 2nd, 2013, 10:29 am

Vaspira :
Experience:
  • Hypnotism +3
  • Observation +2
  • Seduction +4
  • Teaching +2

Lores:
  • Eye Games Are Fun
  • Hypnotism: A Pass For Free Meals
  • Explaining Hypnotism to a Stranger
  • Using Hypnotism to Bestow Happiness to a Forlorn Man
  • Diana: A Host and a Friend

Other:
Effects of slight Overgiving: Sore eyes lasting for a day and a half, accompanied by an acute migraine.

Notes:
Vaspira you meanie! Eating and not paying... think of the poor barmaid who would have to pay for your meal!

Jests aside, the idea for this thread is quite nice. However, I'd like to point out the way you used hypnotism. At your current level, the most you could do are implant suggestions and emotional responses. I assume you were trying to employ suggestion in this thread. Suggestion is a technique comprising careful use of words, body language, gestures and the like, to condition a person into believing a simple concept. This is entirely subliminal, and you would have to use a series of carefully planned, well conveyed suggestions to achieve the effects you seek. The way Vaspira was doing it, the barmaid would have definitely picked up on what she was trying to do. Please keep in mind that this technique doesn't quite work like mind control, where you tap into their subconscious and order them around to do things you'd like for them to do. Please read the Lore for this skill more thorougly to avoid these kinds of mistakes in threads to come.

I suggest that you watch Verillian's Vlog here to get a clearer picture regarding this type of magic. This is only your first warning so I will let this pass, but I won't give you any more points in the future if I see you overplaying your skills again. :)

Miria Coolwater :
Experience:
  • Observation +5
  • Seduction +1
  • Interrogation +2

Lores:
  • Conflicted Feelings From A Stranger's Wink
  • Odd Behavior of a Tavern Wench
  • Manipulating Djed Leads to Manipulating People
  • Vaspira: Seductive and Mesmerizing
  • Hypnotism: Manipulation Through Suggestion
  • Suspicions Against a Mage
  • Offering Your Home to a Foreigner

Notes:
I did not expect Miria to invite Vaspira to her home because of earlier misgivings, but all's well that ends well. Hopefully, this would lead to more interesting interactions between the two women. Just don't let the big cat eat your bunny!

On a more serious note, please be careful of roleplaying certain lores your character does not currently have. Remember, most people in Mizahar do not know the difference between the disciplines of magic, so Miria would not have known exactly what Shielding and Personal magics were unless you already have the lore for it, which I see you don't. Also, I did not award a lore about Vaspira's demonstration so as to not spread misinformation about how hypnotism actually works.

Watch out for grammatical errors too! I've noticed them more frequently at the last parts of the thread. I suggest you read your post one more time and check if anything seems off before hitting the submit button. Aside from the things I mentioned above, this is actually a nice thread. I got to know the sides of your characters I had never seen before, and it makes me glad that both of them are willing to accept things that could possibly bring drastic changes within their individual lives.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous