Talking from the Soul (Mao/Invite)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Mao on June 22nd, 2010, 6:47 am

“See these people, Mao? We as a family, we serve them. This is what’s in our hearts. To become the perfect companions. This is what we have to become, because to be anything else… is impossible.”

The image of her mother was so vivid in her mind, how could Mao have known that she was not the woman she held now, who was so close, so warm and so comforting? She only wanted to curl up in her arms, to sleep for an eternity, and let reality slip away. She nearly whined in protest when Kavala pulled herself away, but the flash of anger was, for once, not present in her eyes. What was she but just a common pet, yearning for something that to her was simply unreachable.

When Kavala spoke of how she could use her ability to kill for an advantage, Mao couldn’t picture herself in the position of someone’s guardian. She was not one to be kind or loving to strangers. She was a solitary creature that needed one other, her Navis, to suit her needs. She would serve him as pet if that was what he wished, for at least he could satisfy her lust for blood and violence.. But Kavala spoke differently. She wanted her to be changed. There was something in the back of her mind that pulled at her, and for once, she was torn between wanting to please Kavala and wanting to be the way Navis loved her as.

Would she help the Akalaks in the city? The answer, truthfully was perhaps not. She was a wanderer. Confined places made her ill, and she could not ever see herself living in such a place with so many people for so long. The kelvic did not feel the need to let Kavala know that she enjoyed the fear she often instilled in people’s hearts. It made her feel stronger, more powerful than she ever could be, because there would always be something to hold her back. She understood, however, that around the konti, this would never be a wise idea. “I will not stay here for long… So I don’t know what good a job would do me. If I was to protect anyone, Kavala, it would be you, and you alone. Navis does not need my protection, but you… I can see it in your eyes, there are many things that go unheard. Why else would you live amongst brutes?” She brought her hand up to touch the konti’s cheek, stroking it softly. “You seem like a pacifist, but regardless of that, I would shed the blood of your enemies.” There was a pause, and a small smile graced Mao’s lips. “Though I’m sure you have none.”

Her fingers paused in their stroking when Kavala began to speak of motherhood, as if someone as cruel and heartless as herself could ever hope to garner any love from a child. “Are you insane?” She hissed, pulling her hand away and moving aside. “I…I would never…” Her voice cracked under the pressure of her rampant emotions. Yes she wanted a family, but children? “Navis is not fit to be a father!” She cried, almost on a verge of a fit. “And neither am I to be a mother.. You speak of impossible things, konti. Things that will never come to pass. I am familiar with these heats but always I fight off the males. It will happen every time..” A few seconds went by when something dawned on her. “Do you have your own lover, Kavala? Was it the blue beast that protected you on the beach? You will have children with him?”

Now Kavala released her from the tight grip of the makeshift collar, and Mao found she could finally breathe better. But as she was rubbing the red marks around her neck her eyes locked on the collar the konti now held; far more official and thicker. For a flicker of a moment, Mao contemplated sprinting away from her, to escape the confines of being unable to shift, but she had sworn herself to protect Kavala, and to be able to do this it meant not getting herself killed by the Akalaks for wandering around in her bestial form. Grudgingly, she accepted it, even when it took every fiber in her being to place it around her own neck and secure it with the lock. “I will wear this, but if we leave…it will be taken off indefinitely. I feel too vulnerable in this state.”
Mao
Nyancat

Words: 151412
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 10:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kavala on June 22nd, 2010, 6:33 pm

ImageKavala looked thoughtful. "I'm not talking about employment, Mao. I'm talking about something to do with your life. Living like a wild creature is not what the Kelvics were intended to do. Each and every one of them was created for a purpose. You need a purpose. Killing for Navis isn't a purpose. It's a twisted thing, Mao. It's something that is hurting you even more than you realize. And in getting better yourself, you can drive Navis towards middle ground, which is far more healthy for him in the long run too. Sorian and Navis are equally split, darkness and light. But that's not how their people are supposed to be. Their blending brings health and they each give a little to the other - Navis lends Sorian strength and courage. Sorian lends Navis compassion and wisdom. If Navis gets worse, the Akalak will hunt him. And nothing, not even you, can stop them if they decide he is a threat." Kavala said gently. Really, it was none of her business, but if Mao was here and bonded to Navis and was dangerous, it was something she'd have to report to the city or risk reprimands. It was her civic obligation... and one she took very seriously.

"You need to stay here. Sorian lives here. Navis can only walk so far at night before Sorian will walk him back, kitten. That's why its important for you to understand how things work here and find something to do with yourself. It will help everyone settle." And me to sleep better at night. Kavala thought, then smiled at Mao's next comment.

"Enemies are everywhere. You know that best of all. We all have them, even me. Thank you. It is flattering that you would. But the only people I wish harm on are long dead and rotted in the ground at the Akalak's hands."
Kavala said, figuring she'd better throw that one out in case Mao decided to pin the status on anyone grumbly who wandered by.

Kavala smiled at Mao's outrage. Often, in the world of animal husbandry, there were two rules. The first rule broke the second rule nicely, but it still fit. Do not breed the imperfect. Mao wasn't perfect and thus shouldn't breed... but in this instant and in this situation, an Akalak child would settle her down nicely, which was the second rule; Motherhood would do wonders for a unruly female. If Mao stayed at Sanctuary for any length of time, she'd make sure Mao had several hard and lengthy heats - with Navis around, and what Kav saw in Mao's emotions - a child would come of it sooner than later. And, a child in Mao's womb would protect the kelvic from the Akalak council if her bloodthirstiness got the best of her. "Navis would be an amazing father. And you would be the fiercest of mothers." Kavala simply said, not bothering to counter Mao's arguments. It was amazing how one's world expanded when there was suddenly more than one person - namely oneself - to look after. Besides, if Mao's prediction was true, Kavala could raise the child. She wouldn't mind. And she knew Sorian would make a good father regardless of how Mao felt about it.

Yes... a little fertility powder in Mao's water, morning tea, sprinkled over bloody meat... just about anywhere... would do the trick. She'd get started immediately. She might not let any males near her, but Mao couldn't possibly stay away from Navis now that she'd just been reunited.

At Mao's question, Kavala softened. "Yes. Hatot and I have been together. But its more complicated than that, Mao. It always is. I want very much to have children with him, but the decision is up to him ultimately. I have to be pregnant by the change of the watchtower from summer to fall. If not, the Council in the city will be asking some hard questions. But I will not force Hatot into a decision. There are other men here." She said simply, almost sadly, as she reached out and stroked Mao's hair. "But this isn't about me, Kitten, its about you. " She did after all have Dyrid and Flick, and though she had no idea how Dyrid was going to react to Mao's presence in the compound, she knew it would be to do one thing and one thing only first: Protect Flick.

That Mao snapped the color on and then set the lock in place nearly shocked Kavala. She thought the kelvic would fight the gesture tooth and nail. But she hadn't. In fact, she'd insisted on the fact it would come off when they left, which was fine... more than fine. It was beautiful. If Mao could want to change, want to find a new life... learn to care about people as much as she loved killing them... then there was still hope for her. A great deal of hope. Kavala palmed the key. She'd give it to Sorian later, once he woke up. Not Navis.. but Sorian. If Mao wanted out of her collar, she'd have to ask Sorian and learn to interact with him. It shouldn't be hard either, because Sorian had compassion in multiple measures.

Kavala carefully checked the fit of the collar, making sure it wasn't going to bind or restrict Mao's movement, breathing, or be uncomfortable. And as she did so, she kept her hands on Mao, stroking the kelvic and trying to keep her calm. When she was certain the fit was good, she nodded. Then, she looked thoughtful and leaned a hip against the counter. "What would you like to do today, kitten? I was wondering if we shouldn't collect one of those big blue beasts you so adore and head into town and do some shopping for you. It's about time someone made a fuss over you." Kavala said softly, knowing she had enough spare coin to fund a small shopping expedition for Mao. Besides, there were other things she wanted to get her mind off of... the acute fact that Hatot, for one, was no longer here.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mao on June 23rd, 2010, 6:27 am

Kavala’s words etched themselves into her mind. What more was there to say to the konti when she had a suitable and resentfully good retort to every single question and complaint that flew from her lips? It was as if Kavala was planning out her whole life in mere chimes, and for that moment, it scared the kelvic. She spoke of peace and motherhood, of finding a purpose in life other than satisfying her own needs, and Mao knew this. In her core, she understood her fate was to serve in any way possible. It was merely an innate desire she held to be as her inner cat dictated, but even if Mao wanted to establish a life in Sanctuary, she would have to ignore it.

She remained silent, however, for she knew that the jaguar self in her would shriek in anger and animosity once again, and harmful words would fly like daggers through the air. Instead, the kelvic nodded, her fingers itching to claw at the collar on her neck. She would give herself three bells before begging Sorian or Kavala to release her from the burden of it.

Here she stood now, her small hands reaching out to grasp at the konti’s wrist, gripping it tight. It was something akin to a small child fearful of being separated from the parent. In truth, yes Mao was afraid. Afraid of the compound, the people, her future, but her expression became a blank slate. She bit back the cat that yearned to lash out and instead spoke with a monotonous tone. “I don’t shop.”

It was clearly a fact. She stood naked, and the only articles of clothing she owned were either lost in the grassy banks near the beach or torn to shreds. She felt comfortable in her own skin, and she was not familiar with the luxuries the rest of society enjoyed often. “It’s more fun to take things from stupid travelers.” There was a hint of a smile playing on her lips as she spoke. And then she skipped away from Kavala, staring at the door leading to the outside. “I don’t like cities. They’re too crowded. No shadows.” Pale eyes glanced back at the konti. “But if you insist… I will go. However, if anyone so much as touches me, they will leave without an arm.”

A devious laugh escaped her as she ran toward the door and exited. She stood then, under the rays of the warm sun, chest expanding when she inhaled the sweet scent in the air. There were prey in this area. The smell was succulent, and Mao couldn't help but lick her lips in starvation. Then a whiff of something else. Something far more familiar. "There were other kelvics here." She murmured, "But you don't mention them." She scoffed at the thought of this woman keeping her people as pets. The very notion!
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kavala on June 27th, 2010, 5:39 am

ImageAmusement lit the Konti's features. Mao had evidently never shopped like Kavala liked to. To the Konti, shopping was a hunt and she was sure she could make the experience nice for Mao. No, not nice... exciting, thrilling, as bloodthirsty as actually hunting people. But first, she had to be prepared correctly. "Oh, I don't know about that. It's more fun to have a little fun with the shopkeepers than you might expect. I don't think anyone's ever showed you the value of bargaining for what you might like. I think you might find it exciting in its own right. And I'll teach you how to move through cities - invisible without shadows. I know Navis hasn't done so because he has just as big of an aversion to them as you do." Kavala said.

Then, she moved into the pantry section of the veranda after taking a quick trip to the clinic storeroom and began carving off choice cuts of the beautiful fresh beef they had hanging there. Soon she had a plate of tender raw sirloin ready for Mao. It had an added seasoning within it, something extra special for the kevlic, straight out of the reproductive section of her medicines - a few mixtures of herbs designed to alter and speed up a reproductive cycle. "You need to eat first. I don't want you hungry for this particular hunt." Kavala was already buttering herself a piece of bread which she added fresh berries too. If Mao ate all her meat, berries would be offered as a treat as well. But the meat first... the herb hormone cocktail was to important for Mao not to ingest it.

Kavala smiled. "Sure, I'm a healer of Kelvics. They drop by and are brought by a great deal. I help with all sorts of situations in regards to them. I am even bonded to one. He is out hunting right now, but I suspect you'll enjoy his company when you meet him. He's a tiger... a very large one at that." Kavala said with pride. Dyrid was one of her best friends - which was probably a fact she should share with Mao, come to think of it. "Dyrid is one of my best friends. There are many days I don't know what I'd do without him." She added, waiting for Mao to eat before she sprung the next set of surprises on her. A bath and a dress. And even hair brushing... for Mao's looked as if it had been untamed for quite some time.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mao on June 27th, 2010, 6:47 am

Mao looked over at the konti when she spoke of the bargaining and shopkeepers. She hadn’t heard of such things, for not once had she ever gone through a market on any occasion other than perhaps once in the far recesses of her memory. Still she was not so unintelligent that she was not curious about such things. “By fun do you mean slaughtering them? I think that would be more fun.” She skipped back inside, laughing like a child. And indeed, her face was lit with the glow of a young woman who finally realized that there are more joys in life than just suffering on her own.

When Kavala moved to the storeroom, Mao cocked her head questioningly. Only when the scent of the delicious meat met her nose did her stomach rumble in response. She approached the plate in long strides, immediately devouring it in mere chimes. She tore at it just as she would tear at the flesh of any animal on the hunt, and in her mind she was reminded of her instinctual self. She chewed the rest of the meat thoughtfully, wondering at Kavala’s peculiar choice of words. “We are hunting? For what? I didn’t know you could hunt. I see you’re so full of surprises, konti, it makes you more interesting than anyone I’ve ever met.”

And then Kavala spoke of another kelvic, a tiger, and her bond mate. Mao stopped mid-action in her enthusiastic licking of her fingers when she mentioned him. Best friend. Hah! She wondered on such a term for Navis. She wouldn’t call him a friend, for she new not what a friend entailed. But for certain she would call him her lover, her partner, her other half. Kavala was different however, and she seemed to want to make it quite clear through her tone that this Dyrid would protect her if something occurred between them. “Will I meet him?” It had been months since she last met another kelvic, and it is unfortunate to say that the last said kelvic did not leave unharmed. When it came to her own race, the weak were pushed aside or trampled on. Mao was not tolerate of the vulnerable.

Pushing aside the plate, she stood near the door once again, finding the walls were giving her an uncomfortable sense of claustrophobia in the midst of the conversation.
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kavala on June 28th, 2010, 12:09 am

ImageKavala smiled. "If you'd like... he's around. He normally wanders where he pleases and does what he wants when his duties are done. That's about what all of us do here." She added, excusing herself while Mao finished licking her fingers to collect a dress that the Kelvic could easily wear (wrap around - one that the girl could easily slip out of) and retrieved a hair brush and a basket of bathing supplies to take to the bath. She was back in a moment with the basket.

"Ready for the next part? Its a bath. And a dress... You can't go to town naked. Even the Akalak's have rules, though they are very tolerant of Kelvics." For the most part, Kavala thought, as she studied Mao. Beckoning the Kelvic, she lead her out into the courtyard and to what appeared to be a stone room on the corner of the facility. It was large enough to bathe horses in, but the true ingeniousness (which of course would be waste don Mao) of the facility was the stone tub in the corner that filled itself with hot water stored on a rooftop cistern. Kavala worked the taps, getting the tub to fill, and added in some soft sweetsand that would foam up to fill the tub overly full with bubbles.

She suspected that Mao had never had anyone spend any time taking care of her a day in her life. Kavala was about to change that, even if it meant spoiling her by taking her shopping and bathing her... if she could get the cat into the water.

"Okay... hop in and let me pamper you. We need to get you clean before we can hit the town... and your hair... really needs a brushing. It's beautiful hair, Mao. I wish I had long thick hair like yours."
It was true. Kavala had always considered her hair colorless... unappealing. It was so Konti it wasn't even remarkable where her people were from.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mao on June 28th, 2010, 1:43 am

The kelvic nodded slightly at Kavala’s response, noticing she had gone off once again to retrieve several items she hadn’t ever touched or felt in her entire life. “Must be boring.” She matter-of-factly, then blinked at her next sentence. “Me? A dress…What?” The bathing part was definitely something that didn’t bother her, often times she did enjoy the feeling of water over her skin, especially when she frequently used to leap at prey straight into the water.

“You would think men would enjoy such things..” Came her almost inaudible mumble as she followed Kavala out of the clinic. They were outside once again, and Mao felt that abrupt urge once more to just sprint away, as fast as she could. But she didn’t, she trailed after the konti like a lost puppy, her curiosity getting the best of her in this situation. When her eyes fell on the tub and the bubbles that swirled around the water than was now held within, she raised a brow.

“You don’t have to do this, Kavala…” In her mind she was rejecting the idea of being bathed by the konti, but in her heart, she yearned for her touch. What’s more, she could remember the times when her true mother would take her to a nearby river, and tend to her dirt encrusted cheeks and her long dark hair riddled with lumps of mud. Here now, she approached the tub, and leaned over, sniffing warily, as if she expected some sort of creature to pop out at any moment. Several chimes passed by until Mao finally sank herself into the water, inwardly content that the water was warm and comforting.

“No, konti, at least your hair smells of flowers and all things nice.” At that comment, Mao nearly bit her tongue. A compliment, from her? That's a feat in and of itself.
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kavala on July 28th, 2010, 7:13 pm

ImageKavala smiled gently and seemed surprised that Mao slid into the water so quickly. "You can too. Enjoy such things, Mao. You deserve too. It's what one half of your soul is about." A few chimes was nothing compared to what she thought was going to be a bell or two of convincing her. It wasn't that Mao was filthy, though she was a tad dirty. It was just that she deserved a little pampering and for some reason a bath seemed to make someone feel a whole lot more human getting out than they usually did getting in. As soon as Mao got comfortable, Kavala started in by grabbing a stiff loofa and some lavender smelling soap. The tub was large, by and large big enough to accommodate several people of the typical Akalak stature, so Mao was a little dwarfed in its bubbly confines. "But yes.. I have to do it. Someone should have a long time ago..." But Kavala was undaunted and with the skill of a body servant, she set about scrubbing all Mao's parts gently but firmly, in a bid to remove any and all dirt and accumulated grim. And as she did so, she began to speak.

"I met Sorian and Navis outside of the city on the grasslands. He'd been running wild for some time. I lured him back to Sanctuary and bathed him much like this. I trimmed his hair - have you noticed it always needs a trim? - and cleaned him up. But there was always something lost about him, like he wasn't saying anything or guarding some sort of secret wound. I wonder, Mao, looking back, if it wasn't you. If you weren't the bleeding part of him that so had him locked within himself." She said softly, and began to work on the various cuts and bruises on Mao's skin. She lifted one of her legs, gently soothed her calf and found an old wound that had healed badly that she applied a little gnosis too in order to ease the ache in the muscle from the old tear. Lion? Glassbeak? It looked like it had been a nasty fight. The konti continued working on Mao's skin, determined to make sure that any aches and pains were gone. She wanted Mao to feel good, feel powerful and feminine and alluring. The medicine she gave her earlier would help for sure, but nothing would prepare Navis for this.

Kavala continued speaking. She told Mao of how she'd tried to help Sorian and Navis, encouraging them to eat, to start working on things, to find a hobby or something that would entertain them. Kavala even told her about inviting Sorian to bed and how Navis had stabbed himself rather than join her. "I had no idea at the time you were the reason. I wouldn't have done it if I'd had known. Back then, I was a little confused at what I was supposed to be doing as a Nakivak. But he was worse. He was like an elegant incredibly rare glass vase that someone had dropped. One that had shattered into a multitude of tiny pieces. Back then I thought I could put them all back together. But now I realize even the finest glassworker couldn't. You can though, Mao. You can." She said softly, laughing slightly at herself as she continued soothing Mao's skin. She gently massaged her scalp, neck, shoulders, and worked down feeling for injuries along her back and hips. Mao was strong, healthy, and full of herself and her power - in the prime of her life. She'd give Sorian a strong son, and have no troubles with the birth. Kavala hoped it would help the pair, having something like a child between them, though she knew it was more human thinking than perhaps the Kelvic would grasp so she didn't share the thought.

Finally, when Mao was clean, Kavala upended a fresh pitcher of water over her head and began to wash her hair. She worked the same shampoo into it that she used on her own so that Mao too would smell of flowers and the sweet soft grasslands in spring. Kavala was careful, and even with the locks still soaked in suds, she took out a comb and started working out the tangles. When all the knots and evidence of wild living was gone from Mao's hair, Kavala rinsed it again then had her stand to rinse her whole body. Perched on the lip of the tub, Kavala took out a razor and carefully shaved Mao's legs and underarms all the while continuing to tell stories of Sorian and Navis - from trying to teach him how to ride to listing all the structural damage he'd done to Sanctuary.

She wasn't mad. In fact, she spoke of Navis with friendship and amusement even as she tried to entertain Mao and keep her relaxed. Kavala wanted Mao safe, she truly did, but she was worried roaming about Riverfall she wouldn't be unless the healer took the steps she took to ensure Mao had more status than a simple pet.

Finally, Kav wrapped Mao in a soft towel and had her sit back on the rim of the tub so she could braid her hair. Kavala was born on the grasslands and as such, braiding locks was second nature to her. She wove the glossy black strands into a cascade of smaller locks that flowed around Mao's head and shoulders elegant yet simple. Then, she moved to the bundle of clothing she'd carried with her and offered a long flowing scarf dress to Mao, helping her into it (though it wasn't complicated) and showing her how to tie the small black belt that went with it. "Two tugs.. one to free the belt and one to tug the dress over your head and you can be out of it to shift if you need too..." Though she wouldn't. There was still an toughened leather band about her neck that would prevent that.

There were sandals to go with it. Though they were plain, they gleamed on Mao's feet. Kavala was glad there was only an inch separating the two women and less than a few pounds. It meant that Mao could wear her things and vice versa... though after their trip to town she wouldn't' need too.

Finally, after all was done, Kavala lead Mao over to the grand floor length mirror in the bathing chamber and gently shoved her forward. "You are beautiful. Do you see it? No wonder he was like a broken piece of glass with you gone. His heart must have been in a thousand pieces.... a hundred thousand pieces..." Kavala said softly. "Strong. Proud. Incredibly beautiful. Mao you are truly blessed."

And with that Kavala let her have her fill of looking, then, if she was willing, they'd walk to town and go shopping.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mao on July 31st, 2010, 5:39 am

In the wild, jaguars were naturally inclined to swim after prey. The water was not something they feared, but accepted as another obstacle to overcome in the wilds. Mao had enjoyed swimming, water felt nice against her skin, and despite the fact that she was feral in nature, she enjoyed the fresh feeling she received from having Kavala scrub her clean. Her attention was devoted to the Konti, who seemed to be caring for her as if she had raised her since she was a cub, an intimate sensation. One that washed through Mao like the water that was poured over her head. Someone should have a long time ago… She had said. The kelvic sat in the large tub, wading her hands slowly through the water, staring at the bubbles that slowly dispersed over time. Yes, someone should have, but no one did. This had been her fate, to be deprived of everything comforting in life to mold her the way she was now. Perhaps it was a miracle the goddess Krysus hadn’t taken notice of her, for if she had received either a curse or a mark, Mao would have surely gone completely insane.

But for the moment, she felt her shoulders lighten, and her interest peaked as Kavala spoke of Navis, how he suffered as she had suffered at the loss that was dealt to both of them. Her animalistic nature had prevented her to shed the tears she wanted to shed in her panther body, but instead she had grown more distant from her saddened emotions; more furious, raging and bloodthirsty. Kavala knew her bondmate in ways she never imagined. The time that was lost between them had made them grow distant, but these past few days were filled with the curiosity of this woman who understood her animal self as well as her human self, the one she so despised. Mao had kept quiet as Kavala continued to talk about the things she did with Sorian and Navis, and didn’t even seem at all irritated that she had tried to bed him. It was all fascinating to her, hearing things that Navis had never bothered to tell her about. Those days where she was left alone to hunt and do as she pleased, she never bothered to question where Sorian had went.

“He went back to you…” She said quietly, “Sorian returned to you during the day, because he is a weakling and couldn’t stand my presence…” She hissed the words out in the end, eyes narrowing, but she couldn’t stay fuming for long. Kavala’s calming aura and her gentle hands soothed her mind. “They are two halves. Sorian loves you, I know he does, it’s so painfully obvious.” Then she paused, “But you didn’t love him like that. You have that Hatot.” She winced as the brush came down on the tangled knots in her hair, hissing through her fangs and clenching her hands tightly into balls. Indeed she was entertained, but the price of feeling clean and fresh was beginning to irritate her.

Mao allowed the konti to braid her hair. She sat comfortably on the rim, toying with the towel that was wrapped around her as if it was necessary. Clothes held no meaning to the kelvic, but she figured she would go along with what Kavala wished of her and please her as she would have pleased her family. It was an odd sensation, being torn to be her feral self and forced to be more human and accepting. But she had to admit, she felt relaxed, far more relaxed on this day than she has ever been in her entire life. Her scars had been mended, aches soothed and her hair treated with so much care that it felt softer to the touch, even damp. For the first time, she looked at Kavala and smiled. A genuine, thankful smile. When Kavala had tugged her over to the mirror, she stared, amazed at the girl she saw in her reflection, staring back with no heartless glare, but one that shone with a carefree, childish vibe. She felt as if she glowed.

“Yes, he must have been hurting here.” She brought her hand up to her own heart, clutching through the fabric. Her voice was uncharacteristically gentle, brought on by the sudden swell of emotions that surged through her, “Thank….you, Kavala.” It was hard for her to utter the words, so strange was it. “You’ve told me things about my bondmate that I never knew… and you treat me so kindly even when you know I’m a killer.” She looked at her through the mirror as she spoke, but she then turned to face her, “You are the only other person I want to please besides Navis. You aren’t a predator, but you are not prey. You are your own in-between. An animal that cannot be overcome. You stand your ground in the wilds.” She grabbed Kavala’s hand then, willing, if anything to do whatever she wished.

The raging jaguar had been unassumingly tamed by the white maiden.
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Kavala on August 10th, 2010, 5:55 pm

ImageKavala signed softly. "No, Sorian came back during the day because he has very few social skills. He's not weak, Mao, not like you think. He probably just doesn't know you or know how to interact with you. There is nothing weak about Sorian. He's actually a very strong individual. He would be worth you getting to know." She said softly, knowing it had to be Mao's decision, but in the long run she'd benefit from knowing both sides of the coin, not just the face she chose to admire.

"I care about Sorian. I don't love him like he wants me too though. He cares about me too. But he doesn't love me like he wants to love someone... like he could really love you Mao. If you let him."
Kavala said. She didn't respond to the comment about her having Hatot. The truth was Hatot more had her, if the Laws of Riverfall were to be followed. "Sorian had a choice to have me, Mao... a long time ago. My bracelet gives him the right to use me however he wants. He didn't take that opportunity. So how much can he really love me? We are just friends, girl... nothing more. We'll always be friends." She said softly. "You should start by making friends with him too, Mao. He'll be the best of allies if you let him." Kavala said.

To Mao's comment about her being an in-between, Kavala smiled. It was a near perfect description of her life in Riverfall and where she fell in their society. She was like that with her friends too... not one thing, not another, but someplace in the middle. And she was fine with that.

Smiling, Kavala lead Mao to town. The walk was a short brisk way down the road that passed Sanctuary into the city proper, and then down a few lower levels until they hit a series of shops that tailored to women. Kavala lead Mao into one, a place of women's clothing, and looked around. "Now, shopping is on me. What do you like? Wrap arounds that come off easily? Things that don't constrict your shifting or your moving? Do you like bright colors or pastels or forest greens and earth tones? I can show you what I like... and perhaps maybe you can pick some things for yourself?" Kavala planned to do a lot of shopping... a whole lot of it. Her wardrobe needed a whole new makeover and Mao's was non-existent. Kavala beckoned the shopkeeper, a timid little bond woman who was very pregnant and wearing a gold undan to simply wait. Another Nakivak. They wouldn't be needing her for a while.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext