Closed Wanderer and the Squire (Richard Burke)

Sparring at the gates (Hope everything is in order)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wanderer and the Squire (Richard Burke)

Postby N'all Rivent on February 9th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Season of Winter, Day 51, 512 AV

N'all awoke to the dim light and chilling breeze of early morning, mist hanging low around his camp in a shroud of gray light. He crawled out of his tent, standing up and stretching as he looked over his small campsite. It was the same as it had been that night, nothing altered except for the position of his clothing which he removed from his tent and pulled over his shivering form. The cold was just inconvenience he had said, at least he had clothing to guard his body from some of it. He checked on Pak, his horse, before grabbing his knife and pulling his red hood over his head.

He pulled his cloak over and around his shoulders, taking his needed equipment and beginning his trek up to the gates.

He stopped a in front of the towering gates, staring at them with a look of pure respect. He mentally looked through what he would do today, what he would try to do at least. He stood there for a long while, letting his mind wander as he stared at the entrance to Syliras.
Proving that antiquing was not his strong suit, the little dingy opted to shirk at Shouta once more, drawing his left earlobe back to swing a rounded pyromaniac at his garbage can.-Laszlo
N'all Rivent
Bouncer of the Spinning Coin

Words: 13629
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2012, 5:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Richard Burke on February 10th, 2013, 12:03 am

Richard had just came from the beautiful temple of all gods, he was glad to be alive, as he slowly drew in the chill air of winter, it was refreshing, and he enjoyed the moment he walked outside of the gate. He adjusted his blue cloak, he really should get a new one, but that was for another time, for now he was going to enjoy the morning, and peace that it brought, before his day grew too hectic, from training, and studies, and cleaning.

Richard's hand suddenly dropped to his sword before his brain could process what he had seen, slowly it told him that someone was nearing the gate, someone not a knight, he relaxed, the guy didnt appear to have any weapons, nor did he try to hide his approach. So the squire decided to cautiously walk around the new comer, his hand did not leave the hilt of his sword.

He eyed the man, and continued his walk outside the gate.
Honor, Justice, Faith, Knowledge, Wisdom
Richard Burke
Guardian of Syliras, unless you use Magic

Words: 42513
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2013, 6:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby N'all Rivent on February 10th, 2013, 4:47 am

N'all felt as if he was being stared at, he could feel someones gaze burning into his back. His mind quickly ran through possible races as he turned to look at the man walking past him. He began to sweat slightly, his hand wavering towards his dagger.

"Hail," he said, trying to hide his fear. His hand shook slightly as pulled it away from his dagger, there was no reason for violence. "I'm sorry for asking, but what is your race," he said, making sure that he didn't appear as any sort of threat. He just wanted to know this one thing, then he wouldn't bother the man anymore.
Proving that antiquing was not his strong suit, the little dingy opted to shirk at Shouta once more, drawing his left earlobe back to swing a rounded pyromaniac at his garbage can.-Laszlo
N'all Rivent

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Richard Burke on February 10th, 2013, 5:06 am

Richard noticed the man reaching for his dagger, and his own hand clenched tighter on his sword, the man was nervous, too nervous for a simple traveler, his feeling didnt ease when the man took his hand away from the dagger. The man looked human, but some of the features were slightly off, they looked almost animal, or foriegn. The man didnt speak in a Syliras accent either, things were not looking up for this man.

The squire stopped dead in his tracks, and stated simply, "What concern is it to you, stranger?" he almost spit out the word stranger, as he turned to face the apparent spy, ready to fight if the man made any sudden moves. They were well out of sight of the gate, no one was coming to the squires aid, no one was going to interfere in the fight. Richard quickly survayed the landscape, looking for any terrian that would help or harm him, but found nothing but roots and trees, hopefully he wouldnt trip.
Richard Burke

Character sheet

Postby N'all Rivent on February 10th, 2013, 5:26 am

N'all was hurt by the emotion put into the word "stranger", but he could see why the man was acting as such. He watched him as he looked over the landscape. "I just want to know for, my own reasons," he said his hand wandering back towards his own weapon. "I don't mean any harm," he said, he didn't have any armor and he didn't want to test his ability to dodge a sword without some.

He didn't risk telling the man his reason for asking of his race, if he was a Nuit he didn't want to fight him. He didn't want to get into a fight period, but if he had to he would.
N'all Rivent

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Richard Burke on February 10th, 2013, 5:38 am

The man was even more nervous and guarded, convincing the squire of his guilt, the squire took a few steps forward, and spoke calmly, "Why dont you come with me?" he was going to try and bring this man in peacefully, and he hoped he wouldnt try and fight, that would be foolish. "Put your weapon down, and follow me to the gate, and we will get this all sorted out."

Richard took a few more steps forward, closing the gap between the two to about 15 feet, the squire didnt see any ranged weapons, so he felt comfortable at this distance. If the man decided to be beligerant it gave him enough room to think of a solid course of action.
Richard Burke

Character sheet

Postby N'all Rivent on February 10th, 2013, 5:52 am

"I'm sorry but I'm not going to follow anyone," he said stepping back a foot to slightly increase their distance. "As I said earlier I don't want any trouble," he said pulling his hand away from his dagger once again to raise them in a sign of surrender. "I won't fight but I won't come with you either," he said backing up cautiously, trying to keep as far away from the man as possible.

"I just want to know your race, that's all," he said putting his arms down and stopping to wait for a response. His hand placed at his side in a way that he could quickly gain access to his dagger if he needed it. He wished he had brought his gauntlets, it would have made what he thought was about to happen a lot easier.
N'all Rivent

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Richard Burke on February 10th, 2013, 6:43 am

Richard refused to let this go, he had to bring this man in, it was his duty to protect the city, and this man was a danger to it. The squire took a single step forward and said "I must insist you come with me." His voice left no more room for talk, the man would be coming in of his own will, or the Squire was going to drag him into the tank himself.

He drew his sword, the blade was 35 inches of well oiled, sharp, and cared for steel, it had a fuller that extended up 2/3rds of the blade which tappered to a nearly sharp point, the blade was just over 2 inches wide. The grip and pommel were 9 inches total, and the whole sword weighed just over 2 pounds. The pommel was polished bronze, and strikingly, and unusually beautiful for such a simple weapon. The cross guard was 7 inches wide, and curved slightly. The handle was hardwood, wrapped in leather that had been well worn by use and time.

Richard droped his stance, it was a particulary agressive stance, one that favored the sword, due to him not having his shield. He felt naked in a fight withought them, but he would have to make due. He started to slowly close the gap between him and the stranger.
Richard Burke

Character sheet

Postby N'all Rivent on February 10th, 2013, 8:47 pm

N'all was startled by the blade, it was well kept. He especially didn't like the fact that the only people he could think of that kept their blades so well were mercenaries and knights.

He raised his hands which were now tightly balled into fists in front of his face, keeping them close together as a barrier. He stood on his toes, placing his left foot forward and his right foot slightly back, rolling his shoulders forward and slightly bending his knees. He hoped that this boxer-esque stance would help him in the fight that was surely about to ensue, but he couldn't be sure.

He began to move slightly around his opponent, closing the gap slightly but keeping out of range of the sword. "I'm sorry but I will not follow you," he said. "If you want to take me then you'll have to beat me," he said in a now emotionless tone, all sense of fear or nervousness leaving his voice as he began to bounce on his toes, preparing for his opponents first strike.
N'all Rivent

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Richard Burke on February 10th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Inside Richard was full of doubt, this man may not be a spy, but his refusal to come in to answer some simple questions gave the squire no choice, Richard moved closer, bring the distance between the two men to a close 8 feet. Richard studied the man, he only had a dagger, still tucked in his belt, the mans fist were balled, the mans weight had shifted to his toes, not a stance a knight saw often.

Outside Richard was calm, his hazel eyes watched the terrian, to the sides and behind the man, looking for something he could use to his advantage, but the man was circling too fast to use the terrian just yet.

"Very well." said Richard coldly, closing the distance to a mere 4 feet, then he struck, lunging the sword at center of mass of the man, the 35 inches of steel was fast in a lunge, due to the light blade, and perfect balance.
Richard Burke

Character sheet

Next