Friendly Spar in Ahleas Park (Seeker)

Ayda tries pracitcing using his quarterstaff when seeker arrives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Ayda on February 21st, 2013, 2:17 am

Seekers strange weapon suddenly hit Ayda across both his legs like a whip. The sudden pain caused Ayda to lose his grip on the Quarter staff, letting it fly free in the air. Luckily for Ayda's opponent the staff didn't fly very far or with much ferocity. Seekers weapon nearly hit him for the second time but the falling of the quarterstaff with seeker set the attack of it's trajectory. The pain caused Ayda to yelp in pain, and he bent down to grasp the source of his anguish. Ayda didn't have a very strong pain thresh hold especially when he was in his mortal form, unfortunate situations seemed to affect him more during this time.

"Ka..CCabbag...dge! Kaaa Ca BBaaaDGe! I want MMMeeeeTah! Take the chicken leg you IDiot!" yelled the disembodied voice that suddenly entered Ayda's head with a barely understandable message of vengeance. The dark self of Ayda's past life was gone but decided to leave another tremor of an echo as a unwanted parting gift.
"Shut up!" yelled Ayda as he moved his hand from his legs to ears in a sad attempt to prevent himself from hearing the horrible voice.
Last edited by Ayda on February 21st, 2013, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 21st, 2013, 3:23 pm

Well that worked...sort of. Seeker thought as he landed on the ground next to the quarter staff with a great thud. Shifting his body he pulled his slightly squished right arm out from beneath the staff.

Seeker was reforming his arm but after hearing Ayda yell out for someone to shut up he lost his concentration. With his arm only half un-squished Seeker made his way over to his purple acquaintance. "What is wrong?" He questioned as patted Ayda's shin with his left hand. Surely I did not hit him that hard, I am convinced of that. Looking Ayda over Seeker noticed the mans hands covering his ears.But he did yell for someone to shut up...hmm.

"What is wrong, my friend? Who needs to shut up?" And with that Seeker waited for Ayda to answer, and partially concentrated once more on reforming his arm.
Seeker's Character Sheet

~When you st out on your journey,
pray that the path is long; and that
it is a never ending fountain of
knowledge and adventure.~ Seeker Image
Seeker
Player

Words: 19872
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm

The voices in Ayda's head were gone..for now. He released the pressure that held his eyes shut and took his hands away from his ears. Aydae realized that seeker had come to console him, thinking it was the hit that was the cause of Ayda's anguish. The comforting pats the Pycon were giving him on the shin were helping him calm down. He could feel his breath slowing and his heart rate slowed.
"I am very sorry...My mortal form does not seem to agree with me...it was nothing that you did" Ayda explained "If you wish to continue our spar, I will be fine...My episodes are not a common occurrence"
He didn't think to mention that He was an Ethaefal, he was still a bit disoriented. If Seeker had any knowledge of Etheafals he would know what Ayda meant by the term mortal form. At least he hoped Seeker would, the concept of Ethaefal must be an awkward notion to a pycon.
Ayda just wanted to forget this embarrassing occurrence and continue to spar. He hoped that seeker didn't feel hesitant to do the same.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 21st, 2013, 10:54 pm

Seeker hesitated, unsure if he should actually allow Ayda to continue with the sparring. It really is his choice- if he can go on or not. I am in no position to make that choice for him... With a nod he motioned to Ayda's fallen quarterstaff. "If you are sure you can continue, then I am glad to continue as well." But, that doesn't mean I cannot watch him; hopefully he will actually be fine. Though he did mention his mortal form... An Ethaefal!, that must explain it. While he was waiting for Ayda to grab his staff he looked over the reformation of his arm, nodding at what he saw. "I'm getting better at this, that took very little concentration... Practically none at all." Bending his arm, he adjusted the Py Strings in his hands. "Why don't you take the first move? You've gotta learn offensive as well as defensive... Otherwise you won't be balanced in your fighting and that could be bad."
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 23rd, 2013, 2:34 am

It didn't come to a surprise to Ayda That Seeker was hesitant to continue; Ayda's out burst wasn't usually something a healthy able bodied person does. There was a pause and because Ayda couldn't read Seekers expression he assumed that the Pycon had decided to stop but Seeker soon hesitantly reassured him that he was willing to continue. Ayda felt relieved, he didn't want the echos to prevent him from doing things.
"thank you, I am glad you are willing to continue." Ayda said as he walked over to pick up his Quarter staff.

Ayda looked back at the Pycon who seemed to be closely inspecting his arm. Ayda first thought that Seeker may have injured himself some how but the pycon quickly disproved this assumption by happily proclaiming that he was getting to be better at reforming his arms. Ayda was glad that his new friend had improved on a skill of his even if Ayda didn't understand it completely.
"That is quite and accomplishment let us see what else we can improve on today"
The pycon readied his weapon and turned to Ayda and suggest that Ayda make the first move this time. Ayda was more than willing to oblige and got into his fighting stance and readied his weapon as well.
"you are quite right my friend, a good offence is important or so I have heard. I shall make the first move. prepare yourself for I will not take it easy on you as I did before" Ayda said with a smile.
Ayda then charged at Seeker, suddenly lowered himself into a sideways squat and swung his staff down in the direction of Seeker.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 23rd, 2013, 2:55 am

Seeker nodded, and readied himself, though he was a bit thrown off by Ayda's speed and attempted to jump up over the staff, but found himself tripped up by the tips of his feet. Tumbling to the ground, Seeker turned his fall into a roll and let the momentum carry him forward towards Ayda. As he came into a standing position, Seeker whipped the string up and hoped to whip Ayda across each cheek, aiming for a subtle- yet painful- scratch across each cheek. That's the bad thing about squats, it lowers your body towards the ground.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 25th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Ayda didn't seem to be too prepared for the inevitable counter attack. Seeker was surprisingly agile for a clay creature and Ayda would have to concoct some kind of plan to catch the pycon of guard. In the mean time Seeker's attack was currently heading Aydas way with alarming speed. Ayda moved back to dodge the attack but in the process stumbled clumsily backwards. Ayda landed on his back with a painful thud. It was fairly painful turn of events but Ayda quickly recovered from it. He made a kick with his right leg aiming it at Seeker, the purpose behind the kick was to distance himself from seeker. As much as Ayda's pacifist nature wanted to let Seeker win, It wouldn't benefit ether of them for Ayda to do so.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 26th, 2013, 1:34 am

Well, perhaps I shall win aft- Seeker barely had time to finish his thought as Ayda's foot came hurtling towards him. Do I duck? Jump? Twist? He attempted to reason out a plan but instead was forced to think on his feet. Without a moment to spare, Seeker jumped straight up. However, the height gained from his vertical jump was not enough to clear him of Ayda's foot.

Oh Harameus! Was all he managed to think as Ayda's foot connected with his midsection, flinging him several dozen yards away- and indenting a large section of his torso. "oumf!" He managed to groan as he landed. Glanceing over towards Ayda, he shook his head lightly and began trying to asses the situation.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 26th, 2013, 3:22 am

Ayda quickly got up from the ground and scanned for any sign of Seeker. Ayda had a feeling his kick was more powerful than he had intended, Ayda didn't mean to send the pycon flying. when he saw that seeker was several yards away he was certain that he had put far to much strength behind his attack.

"Seeker! Are you alright? I did not mean to kick you so hard." Ayda said with concern in his voice as he ran in seeker's direction. As Ayda got closer he saw the pycon shake his head, which he hoped was a good sign. He didn't know how to assess the situation, pycon's were foreign to him and it was hard to tell seekers condition. Ayda noticed indent from his shoe embossed into Seekers chest and it made Ayda feel all the more remorseful.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 26th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Seeker shook his head again as he attempted to stand up. He wasn't badly injured, but the indent that he was trying to reform was giving him a bit of trouble. Not high enough, definitely not high enough. More practice for me then, need to gain more height. Height... Hearing Ayda's exclamation Seeker turned his attention back to the man, deciding to give the reformation attempt another go in a bit.

"Do not worry my friend; that was, my mistake." He admitted with another shake of his head. "I clearly did not jump high enough-" Clearly being an understatement... I shouldn't have misjudged the jump like that. Feeling the indent, and how much he had managed to reform it before he broke his attention, Seeker sighed. "Do not worry about this my friend. This is not the first, nor the last, time that I have been bent and indented." Refocusing his attention back on the indent, Seeker showed Ayda how he could reform his torso.

"My chest will take a bit longer than my arm to reform- but it will take shape sooner rather than later."
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets