Friendly Spar in Ahleas Park (Seeker)

Ayda tries pracitcing using his quarterstaff when seeker arrives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Ayda on February 27th, 2013, 5:48 am

Ayda couldn't help wondering if the indent in Seekers chest caused him any kind of pain, he wasn't even sure if pycon's felt pain. Ayda felt horrible for even thinking that, but it did comfort him to think that his new friend didn't feel any pain.
"does it hurt?" Ayda said with a look of concern on his face.
"..I mean very much" he added awkwardly at the end
Ayda felt he needed to add the last part in case he ended up offending his friend by implying he didn't feel pain.
"It would seem we will need to take a quick rest to let you recover" Ayda proclaimed as he sat down on the chilled ground near Seeker
"in the mean time we could use this time to get to know each other or maybe play a game perhaps?" Ayda said with a smile
"ever played eye spy?"
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 27th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Seeker paused before answering, looking between his chest and Ayda as he thought. I do believe he is the first person to ever ask me that... Running his hand over the indent Seeker shook his head lightly. "Not as much as one may think. It does cause some...discomfort-" He said as he focused again on continuing to reform the indent, noting that it was progressing very nicely. "The discomfort could be attributed to something along the lines of pressure being applied to the area... At least that seems like the best correlated answer I could give you."

Glancing over at Ayda Seeker nodded. "A quick break would be useful, thank you. And yes... I use to play that game when I was traveling with my mother. She used it to teach me observational skills, quite useful if you ask me." He said with a smile in his voice, remembering his travels on the way to Lhavit.
Seeker's Character Sheet

~When you st out on your journey,
pray that the path is long; and that
it is a never ending fountain of
knowledge and adventure.~ Seeker Image
Seeker
Player

Words: 19872
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 27th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Ayda was glad to hear that his friend was only feeling minor discomfort with the wound Ayda had given him. The new knowledge was a great source of relief for Ayda and it was evident in the sudden expression of his face upon hearing the information. Ayda found the biology behind Pycons to be very fascinating, He was still innocent about the world and wanted to learn all he could.

"No problem what so ever....what is your mother like?....I'm sorry if that is an odd question... I cannot remember my mother and I have a feeling my Definition of mother is different than yours " Ayda explained
Ayda really was interested in how other people's mothers were like, He knew he had a mother but knew very little about her. He didn't feel neglected by Syna, he knew she had a great duty to every one. However Ayda couldn't help but wonder what it was like to have a biological mother he knew he had then in past lives but in his current life he felt a bit alone.

Ayda quickly scanned the landscape and noticed a squirrel travel amongst the trees a few yards away from them. He seemed to become fond of the squirrels in the area with their bushy tails and fluffy ears.
"I spy with my little eye something that is brown"
Ayda though this might be too easy as very few things in this forest weren't brightly coloured with natural djed and the squirrel was making its self know by the rustling it was making in the trees.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on February 28th, 2013, 12:10 am

Seeker glanced about the area and smiled, searching for the source of the spy. "My guess, is that fluffy brown riding companion over there... Or, as you might know it, a squirrel." He said with a quiet chuckle. Searching the area again his eyes paused on something fluttering a few dozen feet away. "I spy with my little eye, something that colorfully flits in and out of sight." They are very pretty. I wonder where the ones from by the tree went.

Running a hand over the indent he smiled. Still progressing, but not quite there yet. "My mother?" He sighed as he thought about what to say. "Pycon families are...important. We respect our parents and where we come from but, we do not put a lot of stock in the nuclear family concept." Running a hand across his head he sighed. "I lived with my mother while I grew and developed, she helped me place my priorities- helped me to start on my own path."

Gazing into the distance Seeker shook his head lightly. "She helped me onto my current path- which I am extremely grateful for." Glancing back to Ayda he waited for his response.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on February 28th, 2013, 7:37 am

Ayda paused for a moment to think what could possibly flit in in out of sight. he quickly scanned and his answer became fairly obvious to him "is it a prismfly, you do seem to admire them?" Ayda asked with smile
The game was getting a bit to easy he would have to think of something harder. Ayda scanned the area looking for something that would provided a bit of a challenge. A small grouping of Jasao weed that grew around the base of a near by tree caught Ayda's attention. He liked the light blue flowers and the thin thread like vines.
"I spy with my little eye something that is...blue like the sky and thin as a thread"
Ayda hoped he was vague enough, it wouldn't be fun if it was easy to figure out.

After hearing Seeker talk about his mother and how she aided him on his path Ayda couldn't help wondering what his path was. Ayda's mother Syna had left him to fend for himself so he would have to figure out his own path in life. He would have liked some guidance form her even if it were small it would be better than nothing.
"what is your current path? do you have a goal that you wish to accomplish?"
Ayda hoped that Seekers answers would help him figure out his own path and goals for the future.
"I wish I could tell you about my life but I have barely been on this earth a complete season, the only thing I can really tell you about myself is that I recently began work as an Okomo herder"
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 1st, 2013, 2:00 am

Seeker paused- Blue like the sky and as thin as a thread? Looking about the area he sighed, not quite sure what Ayda was talking about but willing to take a guess. Shaking his head lightly Seeker chuckled. "I am fascinated by the prismflys. However, I am unsure as to why." Looking about the area again he eyed the fadeong tree he had been sitting in earlier. "Is it, one of the leaves from the fadeong tree?" He asked curiously. I'm not quite sure if they can be as blue as the sky... But they can be as thin as a thread.

Shifting positions, Seeker sat cross legged next to Ayda. "My path?" Pausing Seeker glanced back towards the tree. "I want to learn, to seek out all the knowledge and adventure I can. As for a goal, that's a bit tricky." He stated as he tried to think how to explain it. "My race, we live for such short periods of time. We never really get to make an impact on the world around us; or at least a lasting impact." Running his hand over his chest he smiled at the almost completed process. "I would venture then that my goal is to make some lasting impact on the world. I'd like to discover some lost knowledge or artifact... something that I could used by generations to come to help advance society." He explained, hoping to not make a fool of himself. Normally he didn't share his aspirations, but for some reason doing so now felt right.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 1st, 2013, 4:45 am

Ayda was pleased that he was giving Seeker a challenge, A game wouldn't be fun without some challenge.
"think smaller" Ayda said playfully
"prismflys are quite fascinating, they are delicate and have the wings that seem to be made of glass. their almost alien in that sense. I am unsure if it is simply because I am an Ethaefal or my true nature but I feel drawn to nature in all its forms." He said calmly before continuing "you did know I was an Ethaefal and not an Akalak, right? I keep forgetting it is not as obvious at night."
Ayda had made it pretty obvious but still felt it need to be said.

Ayda listened intently to seekers answer and he found it quite moving. Ayda felt a touch of sadness knowing that the pycon would not be able to live for as long as he should but was hopeful that he would accomplish his goal and be remembered.
"I suppose my path is similar to yours, I cannot say I know my self very well but while I am on this earth I would like to learn everything worth knowing and maybe have some adventures as well. I cannot say I know what my final goal will be but I suppose that is how life as a mortal is like. I am confident that you will accomplish your goal and make a lasting impression."
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 1st, 2013, 4:21 pm

"Smaller? And perhaps it is their alien nature I am fascinated by... I am still not completely sure though." He asked as he eyed the area... Smaller hmm? ...interesting, smaller than a leaf eh? Seeker listened to Ayda as he spoke while looking about the area. "And yes, I did figure that bit out. Took me a bit but it did connect the dots." He said as he eyed the trees. Smaller, so it's safe to assume it's nothing on the trees. Maybe around them instead?

After a moment Seeker ran a hand across the once indented area and nodded. The progress was done, but he was now enjoying their game and conversation. "When I was still maturing my mother use to read me books about the different races that lived upon the land, as a way for me to start learning. If I know who we all are, and how to best interact with individuals, getting information and knowledge is easier." With a shake of his head Seeker sighed. "I'm not sure if that's exactly what she meant, but that's what I took from it. And at least, that was her starting advice for me." He explained as he eyed a distinctly weedy tuft of plant material. Perhaps that is it? It is blue, and thin like thread...but the thread like vines are not blue. Could he be talking about two distinct parts of the same plant?

"Do not worry my friend. No one knows themselves so well when they are still so young. I still do not truly know myself- and perhaps I will not know myself for many years still to come. But thank you for your confidence in me." Deciding to try and guess again Seeker decided to go for his long shot. "Is it that weedy material over there? I do not know it's name... but it is blue... and thread like I suppose."
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 1st, 2013, 6:29 pm

"oh yes, you are correct, I believe it is called Jasao weed. I recognized it from the description in a book someone let me look at. If you are ever going to be doing gardening, you need to look out for that plant it strangles the life out of everything its near." Ayda explained "I believe it is your turn" grinned Ayda
Ayda noticed that Seeker was already recovered but didn't feel in the mood to fight again, He was getting to much enjoyment out of their conversion to ask Seeker if he was ready to continue their spar. He also felt he had exerted himself a bit to much physically tonight and felt if was probably best not to fight again anyway.

Upon hearing that seeker had knowledge of the other races he hoped he would know more about Akalaks, He would take their form at night but he didn't know very much about them. He only knew that they were probably warriors and that they may have voices in his head.
"would you happen to know about Akalaks, I feel I should know about them because I share their appearance and I seem to know their language Tukrakna veturvetak Ulakmutackna Vetrue! ..I think I just said I like meat but I'm not sure. I think my old self used to be a carnivore."
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 4th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Seeker smiled and nodded. "I know some, my mother was heading in the direction of Riverfall when we parted, so she was always mumbling something about them." Hmm, what do I remember from her obsessive rambling? Deciding to stand up and stretch his body out a bit, Seeker started to pace in front of Ayda. "Hm... They're all males and pretty fierce fighters." He began he tried to conjure up glimpses of former conversations. "I think she mentioned that they stick to their word pretty tightly... and that they favor championing different causes and such."

Swinging his Py Strings around Seeker hummed as he thought a bit more. "They generally live for many many years; if I remember correctly that number is some where around four hundred." He said, the scowled. Four hundred years for the tall blue people and what do I get? Thirty if I'm lucky. After a few moments of stewing, Seeker decided that the rather tall weed that stood several places away looked like a good target, so he aimed his strings and slashed the plant into the ground. "The society is based on discipline, so vices are not very common. And... I believe they worship Wysar and Akajia. But beyond that I do not remember much else at this point in time. But if I do, I'll let you know." HE said with a helpful nod.

glancing about the area Seeker chuckled. "I guess you also need my clue now, don't you?" He asked before searching the area again. "Prepare yourself: I come and go like the tide, although there are always traces of me. And I also chase away the need to feed, but it isn't long before that chases me." Seeker nodded lightly. There was no color description, but if he reads many gardening books he should be able to get this one.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets