Flashback A child in need (Gia, Xadel)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A child in need (Gia, Xadel)

Postby Xadel on March 7th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Xadel had every intention of following behind Gia, honestly what man wouldn't want to watch that form bob up and down in front of them. There mission was a success for the time being. They had made contact and set up arrangements to complete the pick up as well. They might not have been perfect but it all worked out in the end. So he nodded his agreement, knowing that it wouldn't work out if the master was alerted.

Before he could take three steps he heard the gravelly voice of the one that 'owned' the two females and he could immediately feel his blood starting to boil. He hated the idea of slavery, had seen what it could mean. He especially hated the mistreatment not only to people but women especially. He was a lover and a passionate one at that. He heard the sound of bone on flesh and the sounds that followed let him know what was happening. He stopped on a dime and pivoted on his heel as he looked back toward the noise. It wasn't just a punishment hit, it was a beating.

He could feel as the heat from his anger threatened to burst out. His fists clenched to the point his knuckles blanched. He could feel his nails breaking the skin of his palm. Hobart started to shake and he could feel as Res subconsciously started to ooze from his arms. The magical liquid scorched the earth on either side of him and he probably would have overcommitted had it not been for his voice I reason in the form of Gia, as it usually was. He looked to the girl and knew he couldn't do anything about it at the time. He gritted teeth and his eyes shifted to a mournful blue color. A single year rolled down his cheek and he turned back to follow after his friend.

"Lets go, he'll get what's coming to him. I promise."
Xadel
The Firefox

Words: 23335
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:15 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on March 8th, 2013, 3:49 am

The sun had long given in to the night as Shiress sat in her tiny space she called her room. The room was nearly as long as she was tall, about 5 foot 4 inches, and the height of the room was even shorter. A make shift bed took up most of the tiny space. Over time Shiress had gathered old, worn out shirts, pants or coats her master had intended to be thrown out, any left behind clothing from an over night guest of her masters was quickly scarfed up along with smuggled cotton, feathers, moss or anything else she could get her hands on and in the house without getting caught. She sewed the old clothes together and made herself a pallet by stuffing it with anything she had on hand that would be remotely comfortable to lay on and using everything else to make a couple blankets and a pillow.

The only real blanket she had was secretly given to her by one of master Jordan's lady friends and was wrapped tightly around a little girl that gently snored, as she slept soundly against Shiress' chest. Tears streamed slowly one by one down Shiress face as her fingers softly pulled at the golden curls that adorned sleeping Niya's head.

The moon was high over head, but the days events and fear of the next days made it difficult for Shiress to fall asleep. She sat with her back against the wall, her face tilted downward in a tearful gaze. Her heart ached bitterly with fear for little Niya's safety. This plan brought on suddenly by complete strangers both terrified and elated Shiress, but she had to trust them. She had to believe this was all going to end with Niya safe in her mothers arms, but it also meant that Shiress was going to say good bye to the little girl that had come to mean the world to her.

Niya began to stir. Shiress readjusted the blanket around her and gently placed her on the soft pallet. She lowered herself beside Niya, her head rested on her arm as she pulled small ringlets from the girls face. A smile spread across Shiress' tear stained face as the little peaceful face gave a sleepy smile. She laid still and silent, soaking in little Niya until sleep finally took her into the morning.

Morning was bright against the land as a nervous, tensed bodied Shiress leaned against the fire pit. Niya sat on several wooden logs leaning over to see her feet. Her tiny fist, full of dirt, hovered in front of her. With every bit of dirt that she let fall from her hand she gave a little giggle. A more distracted Shiress gave paranoid glances over her shoulder toward the house. At any chime her master would ask for his bath water that heated in a cauldron dangling over the fire pit. This would distract her master for a time long enough for Shiress and Niya to make there way to the stream and in the end their freedom. Niya held in her hand the only possession special to the little girl, her doll in hand that Shiress had made for her. Shiress had taken no time to gather anything for herself for fear she would gain the curiosity of her master.

The anticipated call rang out from the house. "Woman, get my water, I need my bath." Every inch of Shiress' body trembled as she pulled the caldron down from the hook. She walked several paces to the back side of the house and stepped through the door. She placed the caldron in the doorway to the main living area. Shiress was never allowed to enter this part of the house where the only fireplace gave warmth to the house in the cold winter and windows allowed a cool breeze in the hot summer, unless deemed necessary by her master which almost never happened. "It's here, sir." She called as she turned to leave.

She pulled the door nearly closed leaving a small place between door and frame. She placed her ear near the crack and listened for the tell tale sign of heavy footsteps creasing and bending the wooden floor and sloshing water. She bit her bottom lip as she waited. When she was sure her master had gotten his water and moved away back into the living area she gently pulled the door shut and slowly walked over to the fire pit where Niya still sat quietly playing. She gave a final glance over her shoulder, pulled Niya in her arms and began to walk slowly toward the treeline. She turned and without looking back, stepped onto the path.

As soon as the house was out of eye sight her pace quickened to a run. Niya clung hard to her shoulders has her feet carried them further down the path. Her feet slid to a stop as she reached the stream. Her heart pounded against her chest. Her deep, quick gasp for air hinted that she was near panic. Her long hair flinging from one side to the other as she quickly scanned the area "Im here." She called her voice trembling with fear. "Im scared...Im so scared."
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vanari on February 1st, 2014, 10:10 am

Shiress
Observation +3 XP
Doll Making +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Running +1 XP
Subterfuge +1 XP

Lores :
  • Elijah Jorden: Hates Women
  • Given Charge Over Niya
  • Niya: Good For Me, As I'm Good For You
  • Strangers Speaking of Miranda
  • A Promise to Free Niya
  • Running For Freedom

Notes :
That was an incredibly bittersweet snippet of their lives together. I would love to read more!

Xadel, please update your ledger for living expenses and I will happily post your grades :)

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous