Solo A Duel for Natalie

Sira comes home after a day of teaching Yasi to find Natalie up to no good with a boy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 19th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Timestamp: 43rd of Winter, 512 AV

Sira's body was tense and her arms were just beginning to shake. She took a slow, deep breath, then breathed out just as slowly, steeling her muscles as she sighted down the arrow. Hitting the bullseye was not important, not for the exercise she was doing. And normally she would not take so long to shoot. Sira was training her muscles, holding back the string of her bow at full draw for as long as she could before finally releasing. Her student, a yasi by the name of Emily, who asked Sira to tutor her watched on as Sira continued to hold back the arrow. Again her arms began to shake, she had been holding back the weight of the bow for over a chime now. Finally she released. The arrow flew down the lane and struck the target, hitting in one of the outer rings. Sira slowly let her arms relax, continuing to breathe, as she lowered her bow and turned back to her student.

"I know, that was a terrible shot. But like I said, that isn't the point. The point was to build up my strength. If I can do that here, then when I need to shoot the bow fast it will be easier. Going slow in practice prepares you for when it's time to use the bow in real life. Understand? Now, lets work on your form a bit."

Sira traded places with the girl as she stepped up with her own bow. The girl withdrew and nocked an arrow, then quickly pulled it back and let it loose. Her arrow thudded into the bottom right corner of the target, causing the girl to frown. Sira nodded when she looked to her, and the girl fired again, this time doing a little better, but still missing the center target. All the while, Sira stood by and observed, letting the girl shoot one more arrow before intervening.

"Okay, that's not bad. You're hitting the target, which is good. But remember, I said we were working on our form. You need to stand straight, remember to pull the string all the way back to your anchor point. Keep your left arm out straight, grip the string with just the tips of your fingers."

As the girl began doing everything Sira said the kelvic moved up next to her, making adjustments to her stance, straightening her back, moving her feet where they needed to be, and anything else to get the girl into what was considered proper archery form.

"It might feel uncomfortable at first, but trust me, if you practice it this way it will strengthen all the right muscles. You wont always be able to get into perfect form when you're out hunting, but if you train the muscles the right way now, then they'll work better when you need them."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 20th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Sira spent another twenty to thirty chimes with the girl before ending the lesson for the day. They were both tired, and Sira was ready to go home. She helped the girl put away her bow and arrows, both loans from the range, before gathering up her own gear and heading back home. Lately Sira had been doing a lot of teaching, and she was finally beginning to enjoy it. Mostly this was due to it being winter and, as with most winters in Wind Reach, she was unable to do much flying. Perhaps motherhood had changed her perspective on children.. or maybe she was just bored, and it was something to do, Sira wasn't too sure either way.

It didn't take long for her to get home, but when she did walk through the door she was caught off guard by the sight before her. The room was dark, only a few candles burning, and scented ones at that. There was nobody in sight, and Sira did not sense Aidara nearby. Her senses weren't perfect, however, and sometimes Sira wondered if Addy knew how to hide herself from Sira's mind at times. But clearly Addy either had a special surprise for her, or she already had a guest over.. although, that guest would also inevitably be shared with Sira anyway. The couple never brought home somebody they weren't prepared to share.

Sira left her gear by the door before making her way to the bedroom and slowly opening the door. She expected to find Addy in one level or another or sensual activities with whatever guest she had brought home, but instead she found only a dark, unoccupied room. Raising an eyebrow, Sira considered where else Addy might have taken her guest.

Hmm.. maybe to the nest to watch the sunset!

Sira shut the door to her bedroom and went to the door that led to the place where, if she had been a full eagle, she would have made her nest. Opening that door quicker than the last one, Sira walked out into the aerie and looked around. Once again she found nobody there, and only the setting sun to greet her.

What the petch is going on?

As Sira walked back into the main living room, thoroughly confused, she heard the sound of a feminine giggle coming from.. from Natalie's bedroom? Addy.. that's just not right, Sira thought to herself as she quickly tip-toed across the room and opened the door a crack to peak in. For some reason the idea that it might have been Natalie inside never crossed her mind, so when she saw her daughter stripped down to nothing but her under garments, lips locked with some young ginger who had his arms wrapped around her fumbling with the latches of hr bra, Sira was quite caught off guard. She stared in shock for only a moment before a switch flipped in her head and she burst through the door.

"Natalie!! What the petch do you think you're doing!?"

Sira crossed the room faster than an arrow and pulled the young man away from her, practically hurling him from the bed. When he tried to get up a swift look from her piercing golden eyes was all it took to pin him back to the floor.

"Mooom! What are you doing in here?"

Sira whirled on her daughter, golden eyes full of fury. "What am I doing? What do you think you are doing in here!? You are too young to be hooking up with boys. And you," Sira whirled back around to face the boy, "Just how old are you anyway? You know she's only a year old, don't you!?"

"Um.. um... I, um.."

"Mom! He's seventeen. And what does it matter anyway, you're only nine, and Momma's like.. a hundred years older than you! Besides, you bring home guys all the time. Why can't I?"

Sira spun back around to face her daughter and opened her mouth to say something, but one look at her daughters face, and after registering what she just said, Sira found herself unable to come up with a retort.

"Because... because.."

"See. That's what I thought."

"Because I'm your mother and I say so!"

"That's not fair!"

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 20th, 2013, 10:37 pm

While Sira and Natalie were yelling at each other, the boy managed to climb to his feet and was trying to interrupt. Unfortunately, there was simply no getting through to the hot-headed women while they were fighting. At least, not until he said Sira's name.

"Look, can I just.. hey.. ladies.. Natalie? Sira, would-"

"That's Endal Sira to you," Sira said, whirling back on the boy.

"Sorry.. Endal.. it's just. Look, I love Natalie and," Sira interrupted the boy with a scoff. "No, I'm serious! I love her. And I know she's only a year old, but she's grown into a beautiful woman, and she's really smart, and I want to be with her."

"Right. You love her, do you? Like I loved the last random guy I took to my bed, at least until I was done with him. You're just using Natalie because she doesn't know any better yet."

"He's not using me, Mom!"

"Yes he is, dear. Believe me, I know. He'll use you, petch you until he's bored of you, move on to the next girl who lets him between her feathers."

"You're wrong, Si.. Endal Sira. I do love her!"

"Oh, and I'm supposed to believe a little dek licker like you? How do I even know you're worth her trouble. Natalie's a tough girl. You look like you'd be scared if you saw your own shadow."

"No he wouldn't, Mom! Aaron is brave! He's the top of his class with the talon sword!"

"Oh, and that makes him brave? Have you ever fought in a real fight? I bet you'd piss yourself before you ever got to draw your sword."

"I am brave! And I bet I could take you easy!"

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 21st, 2013, 3:37 pm

The silence that followed that statement was possibly one of the most awkward and tense moments in Mizahar history. Sira stared down the boy who, for his part, managed to only look away once or twice. Natalie's eyes simply darted back and forth between them nervously. After what seemed like an eternity a slight smile cracked Sira's otherwise serious face, and then she seemed to relax.

"Alright then. Prove it."

"What!?"

"Prove what?"

Sira couldn't keep the grin off her face, the idea forming in her head too delicious to keep her from smiling. That of course only made Natalie more nervous, knowing how her mother was, and made Aaron wonder what in the world he had gotten himself into. Sira let the suspense build for a moment before finally answering.

"Prove you can take me. Tomorrow, at the Fighting Pits. First blood wins. If you beat me, you can date my daughter. If I beat you, I never want to see you again."

"Mom, that's not fair!"

"No, it's fine. I'll do it. I can beat her."

Sira grinned and nodded, then pointed to the door. "Good. But you haven't beaten me yet, so get out of my sight."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 21st, 2013, 4:00 pm

Timestamp: 44th of Winter, 512 AV

There was already a small crowd at the Fighting Pits when Sira arrived, but that was nothing unusual. People always showed up to watch a fight. Natalie and Aaron had not yet arrived, which gave Sira a chance to look around. Really, there wasn't much to see. It was basically just a big circle, and since Sira had no desire to actually kill the boy, she wouldn't be trying to shove him off the side of the cliff or anything.

Sira was dressed in her simple bryda and vinati, along with a pair of boots, and had only her talon sword with her. The sword itself was rather special, a strange blade that never dulled, no matter what she did to it. The handle of the sword was carved into the shape of a howling wolf, and had two emeralds for eyes. The blade was magical, but Sira doubted it would give her an unfair advantage. It was not lighter, or sharper, than a normal blade. It simply did not wear and tear like a normal one would, and Sira never had to worry about sharpening it.

Sira looked around at the crowd again, a sea of faces, all waiting impatiently for the show to begin. She knew Aidara probably wouldn't approve of such a place, which was likely why the healer wasn't there to watch the fight, but Sira understood it. She enjoyed watching a good fight as much as the next Inarta, though she rarely attended such events. Sira would rather be the one fighting, or better yet out hunting, or having a different sort of brawl between the bed sheets. But she could see the appeal of such a place. The crowd certainly seemed to love it. She wondered if there were any bets placed on her match.

Finally her opponent showed up, the young avora Aaron, who wanted to bed Sira's daughter. Natalie moved into the crowd after giving the boy a long, passionate kiss to which Sira only shook her head. Natalie was right, Sira was no different when it came to her mates, but her motherly instincts demanded the boy at least prove himself to her before he got the right to petch her daughter. Plus the boy thought he was tough, and Sira just had to put him in his place.

Aaron walked into the circle and pulled out his weapons, two talon swords. Sira raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Dual wielding either meant he was really good, or he was just stupid. Natalie had said he had been the top of his class.. but that was a yasi class. Since becoming an avora he had yet to prove himself with the blade, and Sira doubted he'd ever been in a real fight in his life.

"First blood, right?"

Sira nodded.

"Feeling nervous?"

The boy responded with an attack, a straight forward lunge with his left hand. Sira saw it coming. She had been in fights before. It was an obvious move. She brought her own sword up to deflect it, pushing hard to the right. He was quick, but so was Sira. The boy followed up with another obvious move, coming in with his right hand just as Sira blocked the left. She expected it, and as soon as the first blade was out of the way she pivoted and turned to block the second.

Aaron backed off after that, seemingly unconcerned that both his attacks had been blocked so easily. The look of confidence on his face was surprising to Sira, but she did not let it show. Her eyes watched his, and she wondered if those attacks had just been a test. But no.. he was just a kid. He wasn't that smart. Slowly they circled one another, waiting for someone to make a move.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 21st, 2013, 4:09 pm

Sira made the next move, her right foot sliding forward as she moved to thrust her sword toward his gut. Aaron made to block the attack, both blades coming down like an "X" to try to catch and turn the blade away, but it was a feint, and Sira withdrew and used the her back leg to kick herself into a twirl. Her blade spun around and she positioned herself to slice the boy from behind, but he was quick and managed to spin around and bring one sword up to block while swinging the other at her shoulder.

Sira ducked under the swing and threw her weight against her opponent, shoving against his blade with her own and sending him staggering back in surprise. She quickly closed the distance, blocking another swipe before punching out with the pommel of her blade and cracking the boy right in the nose. She didn't stop there, however, and drove the point home, kneeing him in the gut then swinging her blade down as he hunched over, stopping a hairs breath from the back of his neck. Then she nicked him, drawing a thin line of blood before backing off.

"Aw, that's too bad. And you were doing so good. ..how about I give you another chance. Best out of three?"

Aaron stood back up, reaching behind his head and feeling the small cut Sira left. He pulled his hand back around and stared at the blood, then wiped the blood from his nose, before nodding and falling into a fighting stance.

"That was just a warm up, anyway."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 26th, 2013, 9:33 pm

The fight began again, and this time Aaron did better. He opened with another aggressive attack, which Sira managed to block, but he followed it up with his second weapon and nearly got around her guard. Sira was forced to back away in order to avoid being cut by the second blade, but as soon as she recovered she launched her own attack.

Aaron spun to the side, moving quicker than Sira expected, and spun around to slash her across the back. Again Sira narrowly avoided the attack, dodging rather than blocking, before spinning back around to face him. Maybe he really had just been warming up? Sira was surprised by his new found quickness, but she wasn't going to be defeated so easily.

"Not bad. But you'll have to do better than that if you want to beat me."

Aaron attacked again, quick and fast, with both weapons, again and again, as he drove Sira back. All she could do was defend herself against the onslaught. Against most opponents she would just wait them out in such a situation. Being aggressive for so long was taxing, but Aaron seemed to know what he was doing. His strikes were measured, even though he appeared to be attacking with wild abandon. He was herding her backward, towards the edge. He was forcing her to do something, or fall.

Sira had to try something. She wasn't afraid of falling, she could always shift and fly away. But she had to get back on the offensive. After blocking two more attacks and dodging under a third she twisted low to the ground and kicked her foot out behind her in a broad sweeping motion, attempting to take him from his feet. Aaron jumped back, allowing Sira the opportunity to get back to her feet and attack. She lunged, and he moved. His right hand parried.. no, it deflected and disarmed! Sira's weapon went flying. A kick to the chest sent her sprawling to the ground, and his second weapon came down behind her, slicing a thin line across her belly, just enough to draw blood.

"Not so easy to beat now, am I? One more round."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 26th, 2013, 9:43 pm

The third round of fighting began with the clan of steel on.. well, whatever sort of magical material Sira's sword was made out of.. maybe steel, Sira had no idea. But the physical makeup of the weapons wasn't important at that moment. What was important was that the fighting had started again. Sira and Aaron both attacked, and their blades clashed. Both were rebounded, and both attacked again. Sira ducked under a left hand swipe of Aaron's sword before slashing out with her own. Aaron blocked with his right hand and followed up with another swipe from his left, forcing Sira to retreat.

Petch.. how am I supposed to beat two swords? I need to start training with a second weapon.

Sira swung her weapon again, and Aaron blocked it again, forcing Sira to back off yet again. It was the same thing every time, she couldn't penetrate his defense without risking being cut by the second weapon. She wasn't good enough to disarm him, though she doubted he was that good either. Sira suspected the disarming in the last round had been sheer luck on his part, but that was just speculation, and speculation did not help her at that moment.

Grasping her sword tightly, Sira decided to go on the offensive once more. She attacked, fast and hard, forcing him to block blow after blow, not letting up. She was backing him against the edge of the pit. Sira knew he couldn't fly, and if he fell it meant death. She had no intention of actually pushing him off the edge, but Aaron didn't know that. A quick thrust towards his belly sent him skitting another few steps back, until he was right on the edge.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 26th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Sira knew she had him. If he dodged, she would hit him. If he backed up, he would fall to his death. If he stayed still and tried to block, he might still fall.

Sira attacked, expecting him to try to dodge or block. Instead he came right at her, deflecting her blade up and to the left as he stepped around her right. Sira stumbled past him, nearly falling of the ledge herself, but a hand grabbed the hem of her bryda and pulled her backwards. A well placed leg sent her falling onto her behind, and before she knew it, Aaron was on top of her, stradling her and shoving her onto her back. His sword was pinned against her throat. He had her beat.

"Okay, okay! You win.. you can date Natalie. Just get off me."

Aaron smiled, but he did not get off or let her up, keeping his weapon pressed against her throat just enough to draw a bit of blood. He leaned over the blade, close enough that only Sira could hear when he whispered to her.

"Maybe I don't want Natalie anymore. Maybe now I want you?"

Sira's eyes widened, and if she didn't have a weapon pressed against her throat, she would have kicked him off of her.

"What!? But you said you loved her!"

Aaron frowned for a moment before whispering some more. "I would have said anything to get her between the sheets. But I don't want her anymore. Natalie can barely shoot a bow, much less swing a sword.. but you. You are a challenge."

"If you think you stand a chance with me, if you think I'd betray my daughter that way, then-"

"Shh, she's coming. Don't worry, I won't break her heart. But you'll give me what I want, unless you want to see your daughter cry."

At that moment Natalie came running into the circle and Aaron let Sira up, giving her a cold look that said "keep your mouth shut" before turning to Natalie with a big smile on his face.

"You did it, Aaron! Now we can be together!"

"Of course I did, babe. I'd do anything for you," he said as he embraced the young kelvic, all the while staring at Sira as if she were a piece of meat just waiting to be served up to him on a platter.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Duel for Natalie

Postby Sira on February 26th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Natalie and Aaron walked ahead of Sira, being playful with each other and holding hands as if nothing in the world was wrong. Sira watched it all in silence, unsure of what to do. She thought about contacting Aidara.. but the healer was busy, and she didn't want to concern Addy with anything. Besides, it was Sira's mess, and she needed to clean it up. She was the one who had agreed to the fight in the first place.

Sira had been so certain that she could beat him, and instead he humiliated her. He knew she would offer him two out of three. He knew Sira's pride better than she did, and he understood the games she liked to play. Sira was a predator by nature, but that day she had been nothing more than prey. She'd been used and manipulated. By her own word he was now allowed to be with her daughter, whatever that entailed.. and he knew that Sira would not risk hurting her daughter by telling her what a sleaze Aaron really was. What if she bonded to him!? And then if it all came out, the pain would be even worse.

Sira did not know what to do. She was lost.

Sira followed the happy couple into their aerie, and the pair immediately retreated to Natalie's bedroom. Sira could only imagine what was happening in there. She knew what she had been like at Natalie's age, and Natalie was growing faster than Sira had. She didn't even want to think about it anymore, but she could not help it.

After a while Aaron came out of the room, kissing Natalie goodbye before shutting the door softly. "Love you, hon. I'll see you later." When he turned around and saw Sira standing there he winked and licked his lips. "Natalie has to go to her tasks, so I'm free for the day."

"Why the petch should I care?"

Aaron grinned and closed in on the kelvic, slipping a hand around behind her to cup her butt, offering it a light squeeze as he pulled her against him.

"You care because I say you care. If you don't, then I'll just have to break little Natalie's heart. You know, I think she is bonding to me? I don't know all that much about your kind.. but I know breaking a bond is supposed to be the most painful thing a kelvic can experience."

Sira opened her mouth to rebuttal, but Aaron pressed his lips against hers, forcefully shoving his tongue into her mouth and holding her head in place as she struggled against him. Ater a moment she finally shoved him back and slapped him across the face. Aaron only laughed.

"See. That's exactly what I like about you, Sira. Natalie would never do something like that, she's too sweet and innocent. You and Aidara.. I wouldn't mind a piece of that either, by the way. You and Aidara have kept her sheltered in here for the past year. She has no idea how bad the world is, and I don't think you want her to know. So I think.. I'm going to go make myself comfortable in your room, and after Natalie leaves, you're going to join me. Alright?"

Again Sira started to say something, but this time she was cut off by her own lips, snapping her mouth shut, her lips creasing in a frown. Finally she nodded her head, and Aaron slinked off to Sira's bedroom. The kelvic stood there for a few chimes fuming before Natalie exited her room. Upon seeing her mother the girl sighed and shook her head.

"Really, mom? Do you have to be so angry? We didn't even do anything, just kissed and talked. Besides, he beat you fair and square, so you have to give him a chance."

Sira didn't respond, still trying to contain her angry at the entire situation. After a moment Natalie threw up her hands in frustration and exited the home, heading off to her bendi tasks. Sira was alone, and Aaron was waiting.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next