Quest Shelving Books

Fraint learns of the Seekers and their patron Goddess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Shelving Books

Postby Elysium on June 19th, 2013, 4:05 pm

e
”Funny you should ask,” Sayeo replied, making no bones about moving forward. ”She still lives on. Rather than killing her, they decided to let her live.” Regaining some of his previous composure, he grinned, this time in earnest. ”They say Aysel desperately wanted to kill her, but Talora told him to stop. Their relationship is… Complicated.” Much like that of Syna and Leth. It was funny almost, how the world repeated its themes: Darkness and light. Violence and peace.

”Anyway, he listened and they allowed her to carry on. Only now she’s been shamed – stripped of all power and left as an example. If she were to try and regain her previous standing, they’d kill her too. As it is, I suspect Aysel is satisfied with her humiliation and Talora still holds out hope. That girl believes the best of every living thing.” His smile was wistful. ”If you haven’t seen her by the way, you still have something to look forward to. Out of all the beauty of Mizahar, there is no woman alive so beautiful as she.” Feigning a comedic sigh, he continued their work. ”Golden hair like silk and curling, rose colored horns. She looks like the most ephemeral sunset.” Misty eyed, he grinned. ”The ladies prefer Aysel but… Well, I just don’t agree.”

”Anyway, the Anchorite isn’t so bad herself, but the lingering resentment remains. The city has been without incident, but I’d avoid her regardless. There is something in those cold, steel eyes that I can’t trust. Perhaps I’m jaded.” He gave a shrug. ”Perhaps not. I’ve always been a better judge of books than of character.” Waving a dusty volume in the air, he tossed it underhand back into their crate. ”You’re doing well,” he encouraged, returning to the task at hand. ”I’m surprised you know so little about the city around you. You ever been to the Scholar’s Demise?”

That of course, was a loaded question. The Demise was the most popular tavern in town, excepting the Star’s Shadow. You hadn’t lived until you had their cocktails. ”There’s an Ethaefal couple that runs the bar. They have a whole mess of drinks that you can’t find anywhere else…” Perhaps they’d go together. Sayeo hadn’t been out of the library in some time.

OOCI'm so sorry about the super slow reply. I really love this thread! Was there anything else Fraint would want to know? Or would you like to wrap it up?

e
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous