Escape (Thundiirn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Escape (Thundiirn)

Postby Agathon Minorium on March 8th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Four? Okay, here is six.
He said to him as he pulled six golden mizas and pulled closer to him so that he could hand them over to Thundiirn. But as he got close to him and he took a good look of the stranger's face, he jumped back in surprise. He stared at him with more curiousity than fear or disgust.
What the petch...It looks like..Your body looks like it's rotting. he took a step closer.
What a...Nevermind. It doesn't matter.he handed the 6 golden mizas to him, and took a couple of steps back again.
''I'll be waiting for you here. I really hope you'll return.''

Thundiirn walked away and Agathon sat down on the ground and looked back at the night sky.
Well, he does seem like an honest fella. Grim, but honest.
''But it's hard to believe that he'll return.'' he thought to himself.
Much more happiness is to be found in the world than gloomy eyes discover.
Agathon Minorium
Just a small time thief

Words: 17737
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Escape (Thundiirn)

Postby Thundiirn on March 10th, 2013, 5:59 am

"I'll be waiting for you here. I really hope you'll return."

Well for 6 gold, he just bought a guilt trip on me... I'll have to return no matter what, now

Thundiirn scurried off with the money tucked away, just as this Agathon fellow began to notice and question his status as "living". Perfect timing to escape into the world of shadows. While normally it wasn't that hard to find Pulp anywhere in town, with this past Winter everything had lost its abundance and demand had skyrocketed. And, as usual when that happened, that meant that the Syndicates were the only ones that still had a steady supply, and so it was time to wander into gang territory.

From the docks, Thundiirn moved northward through the Seaside Market, which was quiet but still not quite empty at this point in the day. As he walked, he watched the old lady he had previously bought gloves from packing up her things and vacating her stall. Already, he saw another man was eyeing the spot, planning to set up there when she left, and he looked more the type to have Syndicate connections than she did.

"Aye!" he said, calling out to the man who waited not-so-patiently a little ways off. The man turned towards him, showing off a toothless grin. Ew.....

"Sorry to disturb you, but you wouldn't happen to have any hooks up north would ya?"
"Whatz yer ticket, mister?" Straightforward, to the point. A much-appreciated quality in men, as far as Thundiirn was concerned.
"Needin' some Pulp, willing to spend 3 Gold for 6 leaves." The old man guffawed at this. Well, that wasn't a good sign. Perhaps the price had inflated with all of Sunberth's recent issues more than he had predicted.
"Youse gonna need more than THAT. 4.5." was the retort.
"4.2, no lower" Thundiirn shot back. The man smiled toothlessly again, and held out a hand. Of course, he'd want his cut. Two silvers vanished from Thundiirn's pocket into the hand. "And four more after" The man scowled at this, but put them in his pocket, gestured at Thund to follow, and began walking north again with his sack of worthless trinkets. It appeared that they were headed towards Daggerhand land. Night Eyes would certainly be preferable, but begger's couldn't be choosers. They could only complain.
"A Dagger hook, bro? Seriously?".
"Better than that. Youse best stick close, now. Especially with youse rotten skin, Mister. Easier for knives to SLICE through." The man laughed at this point, flashing a knife in his sleeve to Thundiirn, and began to move.

Well this could end badly. Already Thundiirn regretted his choice.
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Escape (Thundiirn)

Postby Agathon Minorium on March 11th, 2013, 7:56 pm

He was looking at the sea, questioning if what he had just seen was real. His body seemed like it was rotting. Could he be an undead? He had never seen anything like that before. He was definetely not your average Sunberthian who would freak out at the first sight of magic or anything related to it. On the other hand, he always found the mysyery behind it interesting. In fact, he wouldn't even mind giving it a try at all. The things that were on his mind before had completely disappeared, as the mystery of the dead man, Thundiirn, had taken over.

He stood up and took a walk at the Seaside market. There were still many people and he had a lot of spare time. Apart from that, he had decided not to talk to Thundiirn about the other matter, as it would be rude. It was obvious that he didn't want to reveal his true identity, although it was hard not to notice. In fact, Agathon was very surprised that it took him so long to notice it himself. He was walking close to the pig's foot tavern when he saw two drunkards coming his way singing crude songs, the typical that were going around Sunberth. He immidiatly saw a chance. They looked like they were in their late fifties, their faces were completely red and steam was forming around from the cold. He walked casually and barely bumped on one of the two. He quickly put his hand as deep as he could in the man's pocket and grabbed everything his hand could reach. Of course, he had done this many times and it barely took him too seconds.

Sorry mate, i have had a bit too much ale it seems!he said and scratched his haid, as he tried to look like he was drunk. Of course, he had stayed out in the cold for way too long and all the blood that had gone to his cheeks combined with a tipsy attitude that he managed to perform easily fooled the drunkards, who probably didn't even understand what had happened and quickly continued their way after cursing at him.

Satisfied with his success, he walked back to the docks where he would wait for Thundiirn to return, hopefully. As the night was getting colder he started regreting the fact that he had risked 6 golden mizas for nothing but he still waited in case Thundiirn would really come back.
Much more happiness is to be found in the world than gloomy eyes discover.
Agathon Minorium
Just a small time thief

Words: 17737
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 8:57 pm
Character sheet

Previous