Closed We Do More Than Dance On Our Toes. (Corneliun)

[Location:The Amphitheater of the North Winds] Singh is finally alone. Or so she thought.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

We Do More Than Dance On Our Toes. (Corneliun)

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 1st, 2013, 1:23 am

Singh was lost in her daydreams when he started to speak but cut himself off suddenly. But not soon enough, Singh's terror flashed behind her eyes and she let you a shuddered breath.

Singh barley opened an eye only to find his noting and looking at her. Quickly closing the eyes before his eye's could make contact Singh let out a small sigh of relief when he continued talking. While she was one for thinking things over she could get lost in those thoughts and sometimes not be able to find her way back.

Singh peeked open an eye to see him raised up. Raising an eyebrow Singh let one of her four arms lightly take hold of his arm.
"While I am tired, leading me back would only ensure I stay that way." Singh paused for a second before tugging lightly on his arm for him to know he could relax before letting go and laying on her back herself.

"Esha is getting married. And don't call me Miss Re Naphu, there are reasons we have first names."

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Words: 50349
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on March 1st, 2013, 7:31 pm

Corneliun paused for a moment, before relaxing. It became clear that there was something on the mind of Singh, if not by the fact that she willingly reached out for him then by the comment she made. Corneliun however had no place to voice his opinion; it was after all far from his business even when she did explain herself.
“Married?” he gave a shrug “Well I suppose it would have to happen at some point.”

He stretched and reclined back so he rested on his elbows, his head cocked quizzically to one side. Marriage was something Corneliun had yet to consider even the prospect of, let alone even the act of it. It did not mean it was afraid of the notion; he simply had no real opinion on it. He took in the air, stretching his jaw as he did. It was warm basking in the winter light, and pleasant enough that it would not burn.

“I suppose you’d be running off and finding a man soon too,” he yawned as he laid himself down fully.
Corneliun did not really know about Singh’s past, once more it was none of his business and he was pretty certain that she had yet to mention anything to him. Or at least he was pretty sure she had not. His head rolled back completely, his eyes blinking shut as his mind began to grow darker. It would be easy to drift off to sleep here; it was after all extremely calm for the moment at least.

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Common | Arumenic | Isur | Thought
Corneliun
Player

Words: 74077
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 1st, 2013, 11:09 pm

Singh nodded at his marriage comment. It didn't have to happen per say, but Singh knew what he mean't. Singh kept her eye's closed but listened to the stage as it let out small groans as Corneliun moved around.

Singh was starting to relax again when Corneliun made a comment about her finding a man also. Singh's body froze, her calm breathing stopped, her eye's went wide open, and her head spun. She rarely lost control but she couldn't help it.

She had come here and had the visions of her past only to have them brought up again. Singh forced herself to breathe but couldn't force the rigidness nor the terror from her body.
"Right... yeah. Most likely never again."

Singh didn't look to Corneliun, she couldn't. Her eye's stayed at the sky as she tried to think of the positive things. But none came to her plagued mind and if they tried they were simply sucked into the blackness.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on March 3rd, 2013, 5:14 pm

Corneliun Frik was no doubt an oblivious fool, his mind having grown distant to the world around him. He heard Singh’s mumble some words, but he was caught within a daze. He gave a small nod in recognition as he let himself relax for just a few chimes. His mind flickered through his memories, a moment of brief reflection on the season. Although it was indeed still early days for him, he knew that he could not sit around forever within the four confined walls of the Ladies Lap, he had to go out and do something. Anything.

But the more he thought about it, did the nagging thought of leaving his home behind. Of the safety of the walls of Ahnatep, and into the world beyond. Yet he did not want to, it was a reluctant thought that he also knew was true. What was there for him in Ahnatep other than a job? Friends? He had few if any at all. Family? They were dead. A place to call his own? He lived in a tiny box room.
Sighing, Corneliun turned his attention once more to the sky, the deep blue reflecting in his own.

“Singh, I have a dilemma,” he spoke after a time of silence “One that I can’t decide what to do with.”
It was strange how he suddenly through the thought out into the open, and it was obvious it was one that held onto his mind greatly. He told himself time and again that talking would help his mind ease itself and it was perhaps now that he brought himself to talk.
“I… uh… I’m thinking on leaving Ahnatep,” he spoke calmly with a frown forming on his face “And I wondered what you would think. I mean in general. Like in the big picture. I’ll stop now before I twitter like a bird.”

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 4th, 2013, 6:03 am

Singh internally growled when he brushed off her comment. But Singh slowly unraveled. Maybe it was for the best he didn't ask nor know. Slowly Singh allowed her eye's to close from the bright world.

Though the sun still blinded her through her shut eyes. Singh pulled herself onto the stage and turned to lay facing away from Corneliun. She didn't want to deal with the man anymore. But she still wanted his company. Sighing to herself quietly Singh kept up her child-ish antics.

Just as she was slowly starting to fall into sleep when he woke her. Singh sighed loudly as he let out his problems. Singh didn't want to deal with his things. She had ones of her own. But Singh stayed silent and listened to him.

Singh frowned. She didn't want him to leave. She liked his company. He was one the the very few men she enjoyed the company of. Singh was silent for a moment before she sighed and turned to face him. Propping her head up with on of her arms and letting the other rest on her side Singh took in Corneliun.

His voice may have been calm, but he was far from it. His face was pulled into a frown. Singh tried to ignore the feeling of wanting to make the frown disappear and instead breathed through her nose.

Failing after several chimes Singh sat up and scooted towards Corneliun. When she was in reaching distance she allowed a hand to slowly touch his forehead. Slowly and lightly she massaged out the wrinkles caused by his frowning.

"
It really depends on where you're going." Singh let her eye's wonder out into the chairs then brought them back, "I've always wanted to leave. To see the world. Find somewhere new. Some where... I can't be forced to uphold a title or be compared to Esha." Singh sighed, "But for me there is no such place. As an Eypharian I have a whole people to hold up. And I cannot live alone in this world." Singh sighed, "But you see. I'm going to have to. Esha is now going to have a family to care for and mother. I'm going to have to find that place."

Singh slowly removed her hand and placed it in her lap, "
But you Corneliun. You are a free soul that can go. You can live the life you want. So I encourage you, where ever you go will hold you higher than Ahnatep does." Singh could feel the emotion in her that wished to tell Corneliun to take her with him. To save her from being lost. But she wasn't going to be selfish. So she bottled those up and locked them so far back that they couldn't possibly come back.

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on March 11th, 2013, 6:28 pm

It was the touch of her hand upon his fore head, those gentle fingers massaging out the creased skin. His eyes for a moment met hers, a brief tremble in them, before her brought her into focus. It was pleasant, relaxing, a lot more so than he previously would of thought. The frown relaxed and for a while Corneliun was quiet, he simply listened to her words, nodding to them in understanding.
“You only have to hold it up standards if you wish to hold up standards,” he met her eyes for a moment and then tore them away “Well, that’s what I believe at least. Most likely why I gave them up,”He gave a snort at his own words before continuing “As for where I’m going, well… I don’t know I guess. Where ever my feet take me. And to be honest Singh, you should do the same. Life is but a road we must take, and to resist it, well… you get the idea.”

His eyes turned once more to the sky, narrowing down and focusing on the birds that flew overhead “Where ever you go, whatever you do, just do it. I mean, I'll try anything. I'll do anything. I'll explore. Try different takes on things. All that kind of stuff to do sometimes, to do good things, but always conducive to having a good time in the long run. And you, you need to try and do the same,” he paused for a moment and swallowed “Sorry, must of sounded like a lecture then from a fool who doesn’t know how to get things done,” he laughed at himself, if only for a moment “By the gods I’m an idiot.”

An idiot indeed. As he spoke his words he realised that he should at least them into practice, to go on that epic adventure that he always promised himself and his old friend. To see the world and live life to the fullest. Instead, the mixed blood had simply imprisoned himself. He gave a heavy sigh, and slowly sat himself up on his elbows. A fool he was for never grasping at the opportunities to begin with. He let himself wander around in self pity and refused to let himself grow into his own person and instead allowed himself to be lost, “I really should of done this sooner.”

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 14th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Singh listened to his words but she didn't comment. While she might have felt that what he said was logical to her.. it was death. How could you to uphold the things that had been branded into your lifestyle. When it was all you know, how were you supposed to let it go? Singh glanced at Corneliun as she spoke but tired not to make eye contact.

Singh gave a small laugh when he had finished his speach by calling himself the idiot. She was quiet as she tearned her eys to train on him. And eyebrow rose and a small laugh again fell from her mouth as realization hit him. Singh nodded in agreement when he spoke once again.

"I'm glad I could be of service."Singh looked to the sun before she slid of the stage. Singh turned around and smiled at Corneliun,"I'm always around for listening. But dont expect me to be so... playful. It's a wonder you caught me at this time, Corneliun"

Singh felt that she had words left unspoken but she couldn't bring herself to know them. Let alone to speak them. So she tried to ignore the thougths that whished to become projects of the mouth.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on March 16th, 2013, 12:06 am

It was perhaps at that point that Corneliun sat himself up to look at her, having heard her move from the stage. He heard her words, the gentle laughter upon her lips and those eyes that stared ever up to the sky. He cocked his head to one side, eye brow raised as he looked upon her.
“Playful? Caught you so?” his lip curled “Must be luck or the blessing of the gods then,” He inhaled deeply before looking up to the sky “Still, alas, I cannot leave. Not just yet at least. Too many things to do an all and a life to live by.”

His eyes slid back down to her, his eyes glancing at her and catching that smile. He placed his hands on his lap and looked upon her, holding the image in his mind for a little while. It was pleasant to see her in this state, a rarity too. When he generally was involved with her, it always seemed that she was in a slightly off mood in his presence. And so he revelled in the different side he was seeing today. Not that he showed it too much on his face, except for perhaps the smile that was sat there. He brought himself up to his feet, but instead of getting down from the stage he remained upon it, his hands now placed in his pockets.
“So, why is the mighty Singh in such a good mood?” he asked without hesitation “Or is that a dangerous question to ask?”

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on March 17th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Singh watched him as he cocked his head to one said and raised an eyebrow. Singh simply nodded when he questioned her with a teasing tone. "I don't see how a smile from the only Singh is a blessing," Singh glanced at the sky also, "But then... I don't see how a lot of things that come from me are a blessing anymore."

Singh looked down again when he spoke and noticed that he was looking at her. Singh could feel her heart stutter because he wasn't looking at her for her usual cross state... but looking at her for the woman she tired to protect. The happiness that lingered and tried to escape but was too precious for Singh to let leave her. So she hid it.. and yes here she was. Being the happy woman and in the presence of Corneliun. Who seemed not to let it go.

Singh watched as he stood up on the stage and then placed his hand in his pockets. Singh kept in her comment that he would make a fine entertainer and simply gave him a smirk. Though his question caught her a little off guard. Singh studied the man before deciding that she had already made up her mind long before she realized it.

Singh turned and sat in the closest chair to the stage and addressed him, "
It will always be a dangerous question." Singh tapped the side her nose with a finger, "But it is the time in which it is asked and who asks that it's welcomed." Singh rested her arms in her lap and crossed her legs. "The 'mighty' Singh, as you put it. Is reliving memories that keep her sane."

And here was the big part. The part she had kept from him if he didn't already know, " The dance with my late husband on our wedding day." Singh gave a small nod of confirmation and thought happy thoughts. Keeping out the darkness for the little while, "He was a horrible dance and had taken lessons before hand but he still managed to step on my feet a couple times."

Singh smiled at Corneliun and let him know that she was comfortable enough to give some details. But the loss of him she would not utter.

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets