First Explorations (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rune on June 10th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Bell 18, 9 summer, 510AV

It was a nice warm, sunny day, and dusk had not yet set in, and Rune was wonder what exactly had gone wrong in his head to convince him to come outside this early. It was still to bright for his eyes, and he wasn't fond of not being able to see very well. Unconciously, he held his wings more around his torso than he normally would do, because of that blindeness. Due to how bright the sun was right now, he was tempted to just head inside and go back to sleep, but Rune also had the issue of having too much energy to stayed holed up.

Finally, he made up his mind and ignored the fact that his eyes hurt, walking out of the shade in order to start exploring the city. He had arrived in the city a couple of days ago, and stayed inside mostly, in order to let his body, especially his wings, rest from the long flight. One thing that Rune was wondering about was how much like a colony the human city was. He had never really gotten a chance to find that out when he encountered humans in the past.
Rune
Player

Words: 3083
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Rain on June 13th, 2010, 8:01 pm

I watched carefully as I led Tousouji out to the Syliran Fields. I figured he'd love them, and as I had predicted, he did. He galloped around for a a minute or two before cantering back to me, nickering happily. I nickered back, my throat easily able to mimic most sounds. After a few minutes of looking around, we just ran around for the fun of it, enjoying ourselves immensely.

Just because I'm an animal... doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'll use this human body to stare into the sun, to do what I couldn't otherwise. I'll make a meaning with this life... or die trying.
Rain
Player

Words: 3051
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 2:54 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Rune on June 13th, 2010, 8:14 pm

After I had been walking around for near half an hour, I started to get tired of how crowded the place was. It was then that I remembered of some fields taht were a few miles south of the city. There weren't very many buildings near it, which meant not as many people. With that in mind, I headed toward the exit of the city, planning on heading in that direction. While I walked, I couldn't help but stop at a few places, watching the people interact.
Rune
Player

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 13th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Disregard :
Two days ago he purchased a large quiver full of arrows and now he had the arrows in their quiver hidden neatly under his cloak and the quiver was on his back so no one could see the number of arrows. He carried his bow with him and didn't bother to put on a disguise for today he planned to go hunting.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rain on June 14th, 2010, 1:53 am

Seeing as how the Frostmarch had his saddlebags on him, I furtively looked around, sensing no one near, before stripping. Stuffing my clothes into the saddlebags, I shifted, the transformation as quick as I could make it. As far as stripping so secretly, it was less of being embarassed, and more of not wanting to be caught at a rather vulnerable time. Tousouji was used to my fox form by now, not that a fox could really hurt a horse anyway, and we moved around, me playfully barking and biting at his hooves, making sure to keep my teeth from hurting him. Absentmindedly, I noticed that he was going to need to go to one of the horse people, to check out his hooves. Filing that mental memo away, I barked happily, and continued running circles around the nickering Frostmarch.

Just because I'm an animal... doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'll use this human body to stare into the sun, to do what I couldn't otherwise. I'll make a meaning with this life... or die trying.
Rain
Player

Words: 3051
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 2:54 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Rune on June 14th, 2010, 2:03 am

Once outside of the castle, and far enough from it's walls that he wouldn't be seen as too much of a threat, Rune let himself relax a bit, enjoying how the light dimmed a little, due to how late it was getting. Spreading his wings out, he reached his hands up, stretching out as best as he could, not really paying much attention at the moment. His ears were really sharp, and they didn't hear anything threatening, so there wasn't anything to worry about in his mind.

Once satisfied with the long stretch, Rune folded his wings neatly on his back, and looked over the fields. Easily spotting a horse running around through them, it was only half a second later that he noticed the white fox that was running around, half hidden in the long plants, with it. That having caught his attention, he stayed put, watching the two animals playing.
Rune
Player

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 14th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Disregard :
Grayzdo held tightly onto his bow. He looked over to notice a wolf playfully playing with a horse. He figured the wolf was a kelvic being as a normal wolf would have killed the horse or vice versa. He didn't like that things were going slow and he noticed a Zith leaning up against the castle walls.

The Zith Grayzdo knew had money so as a distraction he pulled two arrows from his quiver and place them in his shortbow. The Streets were crowded near the castle so Grayzdo fired two arrows at the horse then he slide back into the crowd so if anyone looked at him they'd guess he was just one of the crowd.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 15th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Disregard. :
"Wouldn't you do such a thing for 200 mizas?" Grayzdo said and looked at the knight he disliked the fact he had been caught but this knight he never seen him before without a disguise so there was no reason that this would be a second offense but then again murder was very different from most crimes.

Grayzdo tried to put on a accent to make it seem like common wasn't his first language. He hoped perhaps he could impersonate a bounty hunter and that the guard would let him go with a warning. But not everything works how people want them to.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Postby Dusk on June 15th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Moderator's Note: Hey guys - it seems some clarification is needed. Please read the description in the Lore.

The Syliran Fields are miles south of the city. They don't start at the city gates, there would be no "stepping outside to fire and then going back into the crowds." The entire city is surrounded by a huge wall with only one Main Gate, and a roadway that leads from the gates to the Kabrin Road. When you travel south for a while, the countryside will give way to fields used for growing crops. Grayzdo, Wystern, you two will need to either edit or delete your threads to coincide with what has been posted by those who began it.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Dusk on June 15th, 2010, 9:56 pm

As Rain and her horse frolicked through the fields, a person popped up out of the waist-high wheat and waved a pitchfork at the both of them. "Aye! Yer trampling the crops!" he yelled, shaking his head and shooing them away and back over towards the Kabrin Road. "Get on, girl, put yer skin back on and get outta the wheat a'fore you ruin it!"

As the sound of his voice carried across the fields, there was a sharp jangle of metal and then a Knight in full armor, mounted on one of the Tiaden warhorses, topped the nearest hill as he came over to investigate. He wore a green tunic beneath his armor, and his horse's blanket was the same bright shade of emerald. He stared at the Frostmarch and the fox - and the farmer yelling at the fox - and then scanned the rest of the area just in time to catch sight of a Zith lingering at the edge of the fields.

The sight of a Zith stalking through the grasses was all the warning he needed. He let out a shrill whistle that traveled across the fields - and was returned from almost every direction. In a few moments, more hoofbeats were heard, and three more Knights appeared from around the fields. "Oi!" the first Knight cried, pointing up at the Zith. "What's going on here?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Next