[Priskill's pond] Let Us Rest, 'Cause I'm Darn Tired

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Kreig Messer on February 22nd, 2013, 3:05 pm

512AV 76th of winter, Morning

It had been perhaps exactly fourteen days since that ordeal, the first few days had felt hectic. After the um... unfortunate mishap that caused Kreig to be unconcious for several hours, the horse they had stolen from he bandits was still there by some virtue. Perhaps the gods were looking out for them? Did the horse simply felt some loyalty to its captors? They had no answer, however not long after Natasha arrived and decided the horse was theirs for the taking.

Because of the lack of Kreig and Fallon's skill Natasha had to hold a rope to lead the horse as she rode her own, Kreig had to ride the other horse since the incident with the bandits had made his recovery from previous wounds delay but now that there was a second horse their journey to Syliras could be completed in half the remaining days. As Fallon and Orvin rode with Natasha and thus eliminating the slow walk they had to endure for the majority of the journey.

A sign that they had approached closer to their destination was their arrival to Priskill's pond, a haven for travelers. It was one of the few places where one could leave their guard down and simply rest their weary minds. Something much needed for all involved.

The pond was a beautiful thing, a beacon for those who needed its calming influence. Natasha could only gaze at it as they had arrived to the beautiful pond, the living shrine to Priskill's greatness was true to its namesake.

"Today we make camp here"
Natasha announced as she stepped off from here horse and approached the edge of the pond, removing her right gauntlet and dipping her hand it into the clear water, the refreshing feeling spread throughout her body and brought an aura of calm she only ever truly felt when she was back home, back at Syliras, back when she swung her sword endlessly and numbingly.

Kreig on the otherhand struggled to get off from the horse, feeling face first into the ground 'Oh come on' Kreig though as he sat up from the soft earth, the top of his head was messily wrapped in cloth and Natasha said he could remove it in a few days "Few days my petching little hiney....she means for me to wear it till we reach Syliras" He grumbled as he stood up, feeling a little imbalanced, by this time his leg had mostly healed at this point. But one nuisance seemed to be replaced by another.

Looking at the pond and surrounding trees, he could not help but feel at awe 'Wow, this is a place of beauty" He thought aloud, leaning his frame slightly against the horse. He looked at Fallon and her pup....and found himself feeling annoyed all of a sudden, parts of him feeling guilt then suddenly looked away, focusing on setting up camp for the day
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on February 22nd, 2013, 5:19 pm

Fallon had been sat behind Natasha for a while now, with Orvin either squirming between the pair or occasionally running alongside, his ears pricked and listening. The cub had grown considerably in the season, he was no longer a tiny pup that could be easily carried he was getting bigger by the day, learning the environment and the people that surrounded him. But Fallon’s mind was distracted, her mind swimming with thought. Although Natasha had yet to say anything, the Knight knew about her powers, she knew Fallon could do magic. And it was that factor that worried her the most, and shadowed most of her pains.

She took in a deep breath, wince upon her face as she did. Her fall off the horse had hurt more that she let on, leaving her sides aching every time she took in air, the area around her ribs having grown tender and swollen. Or at least so she could tell by touching, she was too afraid to bring herself to look and study the damage. However, with the additional horse she hardly had to worry about making the wrong move and carrying her bag, a blessing in a sense, despite all her worrying.

But then they stopped at the edge of Priskill’s pond, a sign that they were closing in on Syliras, a place of warmth and safety, although it was one that made one sure to work. And so there Fallon stood at the water’s edge, with Orvin dipping his head to lap up the cool liquid. She held briefly onto the reigns of Natasha’s horse, before leading it to a tree and tying it there. Once she was certain it was secure she took her belongings and proceeded to set up her own tent in the shade of a tree and its skeletal form. She kept herself to herself, her ears pricking to the words of the other two here and there.

But then, after a while she simply stopped and set herself down on the floor, savouring the daylight and taking the opportunity to write. She took out her book, her quill and her ink before turning to a blank page. For a moment she simply stared out, her gaze distant as she absorbed the scene before her. But then the woman became animated, her quill nib dipping into the ink, as her once weary mind released her held back imagination. Her thoughts bloomed to life, and the black ink was applied to the page. Writing was Fallon’s escape from the world. For within her writing existed made up stories, of strange worlds and creatures.

'...The water was like a mirror, a plane of glass that reflected all that stared into its depths. Around the water’s edge its guardians stood, the trees of old ever watching the pond and those that dared to approach it. But perhaps the most distinct feature about it was the tranquil silence that filled the air, an unbreakable void that would not be shattered even by the crashing and cries of war...'

Fallon paused for a moment to let out a yawn, before looking out once more, her expression turning to one of thought, her mind creating a scene in which characters could later play within.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on February 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

After a bit of time Kreig had set up their own tent with help from Natasha. Even after all the days, he still couldn't get use to setting up his tent... he realized that the closer they got to Syliras the more he felt the need to return to Sunberth. It made his stomach churn and his head grow dizzy. He knew himself to be simply be nervous as he lied inside his tent. As he lie on his bedroll, He picked up his gauntlets, a link to a parent he never knew....and a link to a city he's always known. If there was ever evidence he existed the dents were all the proof one needed '.. I should have my name embedded....' he mused silent as he caressed the cold metal, then set them aside as he stood up and made his way outside the tent.

As peered outside he saw Natasha had switched her armor for something far more comfortable. A plain white shirt and blue pants, she chose to be shoeless that much was apparent. One of his training swords, the one with a metal strip, was in her hands as she swung it around repeatedly in various motions, fighting off imaginary foes as she seemed to switch from offense to defense at random intervals.

At another part of the camp Fallon seemed to be busy writing something, Kreig had not the vaguest idea what but it was not the first time he'd seen her do this. The feelings of guilt and annoyance rised as he looked at her, the reason for his guilt was obvious..... he couldn't do anything to protect her during the bandit incident....even he knew that, but why she annoyed him was something alien to him, because try as he might, he can't recall why....she just did.

And Orvin, the pup, the little thing looked a bit bigger as he rested near the pond. His gaze serenefuly taking in the beauty of the pond in a way perhaps no one else can. He approached the small wolf with his imbalanced movement, knelt besides it, and pat its head. The wolf pup snapped his head suddenly to look at Kreig, his fangs bared, but calmed when he realized who it was and allowed himself to be pet, resting his head on Kreig's lap as he sat beside him.

Kreig scratched the adorable thing behind its ears then scratched him gently beneath his jaw "So,you look like you have not a care in the world dear pup, wish I had that at moment....care to trade that for the cloth on my head?" The pup gave what sounded like a disgruntled murmur which Kreig took as a 'no' and promptly sighed. He gave the pup one last petting before simply resigining himself to staring at the pond. At this point he simply tried to listen to everything around, a skill that had long been unused...... but his untrained ears could only pick one thing and one thing only....the chirping of the bird 'its so...different...' Listening here was nothing like listening to the words being said in a tavern, her was nature, in Sunberth there was man. Here was grass, trees and leaves but in Sunberth there was stone, metal and a giant fire. It was just so....different.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Fallon on February 23rd, 2013, 2:48 pm

Fallon’s eyes traced across the scene, a gentle frown forming on her face as she took in another deep breath. It was a nuisance to say the least, aches and pains stopped the flowing of her muse. The quill was lowered and she focused herself on the page, an attempt to summon the idea that once grasped her mind. Her imagination balanced on a edge, and for a moment she felt it tremble and grow. But just as quickly as it did, the opportunity was snatched away. She gave a sigh, and so packed the quill and ink away, whilst letting the page dry.

She watched Kreig stand and walk to the water’s edge, perching himself down next to the pup. Words were mumbled, but whatever was said was alien to her ears. She snapped her book shut, and forced herself to rise whilst taking in the cool winter air. The wild lands was always a mystery to be explored, her mind absorbing all that she heard and felt, it let her free. But even she understood the need for the cities, for despite its walls and guards, it constructed Civilisation and security- most of the time at least. And it was perhaps the reason why Fallon had finally decided to return herself once more to Syliras, for what reason however she was still uncertain. Even now as they grew closer to their destination the answer did not produce itself.

The woman stretched out, before reaching her arm round to a buckle on her armour. For a while she simply stood there, her gloved hands fumbling at it before she managed to squirm about and take it off. The heavy leather was lowered to the floor as Fallon let out a sigh of relief. Normally she would not have had an issue on wearing it, but with her aches and pains it was a much needed break. She packed it away and pulled her cape around her shoulders, before pacing in the direction of Kreig. For a moment she caught a glimpse of Natasha with a training sword, but thought nothing of it. This was an opportunity to relax and recuperate before journeying on.

Fallon hovered behind him, her eyes staring out across the pond, her gloved hands firmly in her pockets. The near silence was both calming and immense, as if it was the quiet air before the oncoming of a storm. For a while she simply stared out, even when Orvin’s ears pricked up and he shifted towards her. His tail wagged for a while, his eyes starting to widen. He rubbed against her, a sudden want for play and attention filling him. But his master for the moment was distant and thinking, so she simply patted the cub on the head as her eyes stared out.
“Must be strange for you being a city man,” she said as she looked towards the far off shore “But you’ll get use to the quiet after a while. If it doesn’t drive you mad first that is.”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on February 23rd, 2013, 6:37 pm

Natasha glanced briefly at Fallon, but keeping the majority of er focus on her sword-swinging. Still, it reminded her that she needed to speak with the young woman regarding her magic, at a later time tonight perhaps. Ever since the incident she noted Fallon had not used her magical abilities but neither has she approached Natasha, something that she hoped the young woman would do as she found herself to preoccupied with getting farther and farther from the the general location of the bandits.

She was only grateful that Kreig hadn't found out yet. Sunberth, like Syliras, had quite a mistrust of magic.....but Sunberth even more so as 'mistrust' also meant 'outright hatred' that doomed the mages who were discovered there, and while she had learned a few things about Kreig during her travels and doubted he would harm a mage. She worried what would the discovery of Fallon being a mage do to their social interactions, as Fallon and Kreig rarely talked proper since the incident, no one had talked much about it in fact.

Kreig looked at breifly and returned his gaze back to the pond "Its already driving me mad...." Kreig thought aloud as he looked away from the pond and Fallon and muttered under his breath "Go away" he said silently, but couldn't bother giving his words any sound. Part of him wanted to apologize, truly he did, another part wanted to push her into the water 'or....or...pull her hair...yeah' said the childish part of him inside his head.

"I can't....get used to this quiet....indeed, its nothing like Sunberth, though comparatively a lot more peaceful. The farther we leave its direction and the closer we get to Syliras, the more I want to turn back" He said a he turned his gaze to Orvin, scratching the pup behind his ears "Er...um... how do you stand it? You've traveled farther than I, yes? I've been travelling for nearly a full season with Natasha and still I cannot get used to this.... Its....its...GRAAAh" He grumbled as he suddenly went on all four and dunked his head into the cold water for a few seconds, then pulled his head out. Shaking his head wildly and throwing around drops of water from the wet cloth on his head and his wet hair "Just...positively...maddening"
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Fallon on February 24th, 2013, 6:45 pm

She watched the man plunge his head into the water, a crash of water breaking through the silence only for a moment. Fallon moved round to his right and sat herself down at the edge next to him, her hands resting on her sides as Orvin squeezed himself between them. She stared on ahead her eyes turning dazed and unfocused as the mind became a relaxed blur now. He had barely given her time to answer, so quietly she waited for him to compose himself before answering.
“Travelled further that you? Perhaps, or perhaps not. I don’t know where you have ventured or how far you’ve gone,” she paused her lip curling as she remembered her younger years, “When I did first start travelling however it was unbearable. It was eerie and frightening, more so when you have a child’s imagination leading you to believe everything is watching you,” she explained “But then…”

It was at this point Fallon simply shook her head, her hand rising to her brow as she rubbed at it. She looked for a moment a little pained, but just as quickly did the expression come forth did it disappear again with a simple shake of the head.
“I got use to it though more or less when…” her eyes narrowed “I guess I got use to it when I started…”
She drifted off and gave a shrug. She did have an answer, but it was an answer that she was not willing to give freely
and glanced to Kreig before stretching out her arms, and focusing her attention one more on him. It was perhaps now that she began detect the subtle annoyances forming matched with the small worries of journeying to Syliras. And although she would not admit it, she too did worry about the approaching city, it was a place after all that was filled with a great mistrust to people like her. But then again, so did the city that Kreig came from.

She remembered when she visited Sunberth once before and how it had been the most never wracking time of her life. They hated her kind there, and so she kept her mouth shut about her business for the most part. But Kreig so far had yet to display any opinion of mages, and it was perhaps this curiosity that pushed her into asking.
“So what’s Sunberth like to you?” She tried to make friendly conversation, an awkward smile upon her lips “I mean I know they don’t like some sorts of people like mages and it’s got the gangs. But what about you? What do you think?”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on February 24th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Kreig listened to her words, about how she got used to travelling, it seems his travelling companion had ventured farther than Kreig had expected than even some of his associates, especially since she started at such a young age. He felt a bit o admiration for her by that, a little more annoyed though since it seemed she was about to say something but ended it right there, causing his curiosity to gro although part of him nagged she may had a personal reason for such, which personally made him want to know more. But despite the breif twinge of annoyance he listend to her questions about his hometown. His gaze softened as fond memories made their ways to his head and he smied, then fowned as he turned his head away from her and gazed at the pond.

"Sunberth is Sunberth, I will make no excuses for it being a shykehole...do pardon my language, there is no apt a word for its condition. But gods damn it, I loved the petch out of it. What I loved most was its lack of order.....sure people suffered, can't help that part unfortunately..... but the lack of it allowed for a lot of fights for me to partake.....to sate a desire....incredibly selfish. But violence has always been a trait of man and a necessity, especially in sunberth when growing.....I just enjoyed fighting a bit more as a side effect." He chuckled, memories of him fighting even as a young child, with other children of course and half the time it was play fighting. He brought his fists together, then promptly let out a series of cracks.

"The gangs back then....a nuisance as they always are, where the small bits of 'order' that prevented the true bits of chaos from running rampant. Because they had the money and ties to the othe cities, they always had a subtle power over the city and, dare I say, its saviors. They provided jobs and foods, as tyrannical as they were, its what kept the city alive" He turned to her and blankly stared at nothing in particular "They are bastards....but knew how to stem the peoples anger, because as afraid as they were of each other, they were afraid of the massive numbers of citizens"

He stood up now, and picked up the wolf cub, lifting him like a child...albeit a heavy one "Mages for that matter....I suppose I thought like sunberth did.... I despised them. Have you ever heard of the tale when Sunberth was enslaved by mages then over threw them years later? Its a favorite amongst the citizens who even remember it..... but its a bit of a long one...perhaps I'll tell you later. The moral is the point really" He gently put the wolf cub back down and the looked at his own reflection in the water "Its point was how dangerous magic was, how it is to be mistrusted or not be treated lightly. The people of Sunberth....don't trust it at all and treat it with extreme prejudice" He scratched to the back of his head, bit of water still clung to his hair "Of course.... I don't exactly hate magic myself, I don't quite know what to think of it. At first I hated it, but then a few friends and soociates got into it so I ended up tolerating it, but when I saw how it seemed to...change them as it were, I feared it. But at the moment I don't know what to think of it quite yet, since thanks to a mage I still live and travel to Syliras. Granted the mage was what caused my departure in the first place" He sighed as he turned his head to see Natasha was still swinging that damn wooden sword " But in the end, those are how I feel about them" He then quickly turned his head to her and grin " Now I ask you another question myself, what's the most interesting place you've traveled too?"
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Fallon on February 24th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Fallon listened carefully, a quiet chuckle here and there escaping from her lips as she listened to Kreig’s colourful description of the city of chaos. It was home to him, a place of comfort and reassurance against the world that surrounded it. It was where he could go back to when all had calmed. She watched him lift Orvin, and the cub for a while squirmed his nose stretched forwards with his eyes bright with ideals of play.
“I know of the story,” she quietly answered his question “But I don’t know it. So perhaps later you could tell me, it would be nice.”

She gave a smile, but just as quickly as it came did it vanish. Kreig’s words rung clearly in her head, ever word a strike against her mind. He was right, magic was dangerous and there were plenty out there who would abuse it. But then there was her, the projectionist who tried her hardest not to. She did not want Kreig’s hate, she did not want him to live in fear of her. But at the same time she wanted to open up to him, to tell him about herself instead of keeping her secrets wrapped up and silent. Yet she still kept her mouth shut about it. A cruel way to live for someone who wanted to know people and the world, but was too scared to know how they would react.

“A question? For me?” she broke the stillness of her face with a smile, her head inclining up so it faced him “The most interesting place?”
She saw the glint in his eye, a growing curiosity filling his face. Much like a child who was entranced by stories and myths told by an adult. She leaned back slightly thinking through her mind and her memories for an answer.
“Where do I begin,” she breathed “From the oceans of Zeltiva to the ice of Avanthal, from the eerie shores of Sahova to the towering trees of the Spires. But the most interesting…” she clicked her tongue as if counting the years “The most interesting is Mura, isle of the Konti. On three times I went there, on three different ages. I was barely eleven years of age when I first stepped upon those shores, to stare upon the winter sun with the cool sand beneath your feet. It was so peaceful, the people so calm and…” she shook her head as she tried “It was beautiful, the city of the ocean, the Pearl of the White Isle, filled with art and knowledge. Don’t think they’re all twinkle toes now, their intelligence is just as sharp as their weapons.”
Fallon gave a laugh, followed by a brief wince. Her sides still cried out with pain, but for the most part she tried to ignore it, “They were curious of visitors, and it was perhaps from them that I became so fascinated with Knowledge and learning. Or perhaps it was them who helped it nurture and grow.”

Carefully Fallon eased herself up, a quiet groan escaping as she did. It was difficult to move, but she made herself anyway. Once she was up she gave a stagger before taking several small steps away. She took in a deep breath her expression slowly returning to neutral before she turned her head away. All through her talking her mind was caught up on his words, still stuck within his worries on her kind. And for the most part she tried not to let it get to her in her storytelling for that was what it was. But no sooner had she turned away, did she begin to question her position once more.
“Kreig?” she said the name as a mumble barely audible except perhaps if he was paying close attention “Are you… what you…”
Are you scared of me too? Do you fear me? Do I make you angry? Would you be angry if you knew about me? She swallowed her thoughts.
“What do you… uh, think about me?” she glanced back, a moment of hesitation filling her face before flashing a smile “Actually, don’t worry. Silly question.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on February 25th, 2013, 5:11 pm

"Mura huh? For some reason whenever the folks at Sunberth here they get a wierd look in their eyes and a crazy smile" Krei said as he scratched the back of his, feeling a twinge of jealousy. Unlike him she enjoyed traveling, granted she was at it much much longer than him. He was confused when she stopped talking of her travels and noticed her wince of pain 'was she always in pain?' he wondered. He then raised his eyes in realization 'I...she...when we were riding the horse and um....fell' He remembered the accident guiltily, but had to set the thought aside as he looked at her. Trying to focus on the words as she turned away from him, only to feel frazzled once he heard the question "What do I think...of you?" It was a simple question, but felt like it carried many things as his eyes widened and his mouth left open agape.

What did he think of her? how could he answer that? He thought there was something irresistible about her...that was certain but could he tell her that? he could tell her he thought she was kind and considerate during the day they had met "I...uh..um" he spluttered, unable to form words, scratching the back of his head then glanced at Orvin expecting a wolf cub to be helpful in this situation but then turned back to her face, that smile adding to the feeling of annoyance building up within. Causing his chest to tighten and his head to go into confusion. When she then dismissed her own question as silly... he felt he had to disagree.

"Ah...no no, its not silly...I...uh" He took a step closer only to entagle his own foot with the other, quite literally trippping over his own feet as he lost his balance,an outstretched hand reached for Fallon as he fell into the cool waters of the pond.... and unwittingly dragging Fallon to fall in with him. Causing a loud splash which caused Natashed to look into their direction, the alarm on her face slowly replaced by a small amused smile then quickly hidden by a serious face that was overtly so, obviously hiding something that could be no doubt her amusement.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Fallon on February 25th, 2013, 8:28 pm

She only heard his words for a moment, before the low steps of him coming behind her. She turned only to catch a glimpse of him trip and tumble, his footing lost as he reached a hand out. Without thinking she grabbed at him, acting on a basic instinct and disregarding her discomforts. And for a moment she did, but it was of little good, for she was pulled down into the shallow water of Priskill’s pond. She gave a cry of shock, the icy water soaking through her and Kreig who she was pulled upon. She floundered in the shallows for a moment, the yapping of Orvin reaching her ears, the cold grasping at her. She pulled herself free of Kreig, her clothes already plastered against her, her body shivering.

For a moment she simply stared at him, her expression turning to worry as she focused on him. Her sides ached more now, the previous dull ache having been replaced with the sensation that could only be described as burning. She gave a grunt, her eyes looking down at him as she forced herself to move.
“Kreig?” She pulled herself off him before giving him a shake “Kreig you alright?”
Within the few chimes of being in the water, she had turned pale and she already tried to grab his arm and haul him up. She glanced at Natasha for only a moment, as flicker of panic appearing and disappearing. Later on the pair would no doubt be laughing at each other and over the memory, but right now the event had startled her to say the least.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next