Open What Matters Most Afterwards

After the battle with the Bone Dogs the healing can then begin.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

What Matters Most Afterwards

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on August 17th, 2013, 12:30 am

It was times like this where the difference between Riaris and Recoomas showed their differences. Riaris knew that Nodorus was already putting together a plan to find the mage and bring him, or her to justice. But the Akalak wanted it to be done now, he wanted to run out and find the person at once and make them pay. Recoomas was calmer, almost like a wolf on a hunt. It was a waiting game for the time, but that time would come and he would be ready to act.

"We, you have done enough for the day. Let us relax now and calm ourselves. Our bodies will heal better if we're rested." Riaris offered her a weak smile and a light squeeze. The trouble of the night had passed for now, but in their minds the danger still lurked, and it would do so until the problem was solved.

"You have my word Kavala. We will see this through to the end. I will do all I can, and aid as much as possible to help uncover the one responsible and bring him to the justice of the city. I also think it is a good idea to study his...magic and learn how he can do this so that we can take measure to ensure that no one does it again...if possible." They were both frustrated, angry and tired. At the time, the most he could think to do was settle in and rest their minds before they tackle the mystery before them.

"Lets be on our way then, I'm sure we can think clearer after a good rest." Perhaps it was different for Kavala and the Drykas life style, but Riaris often took naps, as well as other Akalaks. It allowed them to rest up and regain their full strength and to get more out of their time from day to day. The Akalak helped his companion to load up her things onto the wagon and was ready to set off with her. "You know..." he started." If we find the person responsible..he will likely be executed, I don't see any other way around it."

The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Kavala on September 29th, 2013, 5:38 am

"If they make it to trial." She said suddenly, turning to help pack up her table, gear, and leave the two batches of teas with the Kuvay'Nas. She wanted all the warriors, whether bit or not, to drink of the huge pots before they went off duty tonight just to be safe. Kavala moved slowly, not her usual spryness due to the bruises on her body and the heavy combat earlier. She was all business as a healer, but now that Riaris had decided her day was in effect done, but done nonetheless, it was all starting to catch up with her.

Kavala yawned, looked at the wagon, and knew that she wasn't going to unload and restock her supplies tonight. At least not when they got back to The Sanctuary. She'd do it later, after some rest, and perhaps even in the morning.

"We going back to The Sanctuary?"
She asked, sticking a foot up on the step and hauling herself up onto the wagon. She grabbed the reins and gently spoke to the stallion in his harness, waiting for Riaris to join her. He'd been with her more and more lately, showing up at odd times or she finding things to do in town so she could wander by and drop supplies by the Kuvay'Nas headquarters. No one had complained so far when she started using 'dropping offerings' by the place as an excuse to visit Riaris a moment. She often took baked goods, quick breads and cookies that Cadra baked by the dozens. When they harvested the spring gardens, she'd often dropped extra produce by the place so that the warriors could take the delicate vegetables home and supplement their own food sources if the food wasn't getting canned at The Sanctuary or consumed. They generally had plenty, so Kavala was prone to share. And slowly, she'd been getting to know the warriors that Riaris worked with, even if it was just by face or voice, not by actual name.

The truth was it was somewhat of therapy for her to go amongst the giant males, for they were nothing like humans and never did tend to incite the unease in her that a crowd of unwashed human bodies could. And once they accepted her more, she started bringing them medicines. There were the salves for cuts and bruises, and she brought rolls of horsehair for sutures and packs of sharp needles carved by her own hand. Kavala, though not a healer of people, could always be counted on for a quick look at something and a sterilization to prevent infection or some soothing of deep muscle bruises that so often troubled the warriors.

Riaris was a way to get in, but her deeper interest was in seeing that Tasival and Shayru might have a future with the men, perhaps being allowed when they were older to train with them or even be invited to get to know a few of their sons. And so she made it a point, at least once every three days or so, to drop by even if it was just for a moment. She never overstayed and quite often managed to have an offering. But she never looked twice at the men there. She treated them nicely, politely, but she didn't flirt and made it clear she was there for Riaris. She just let them get used to her, and more than once she took Tasival with her so he could watch, albeit quietly, how men of his race interacted with each other. He was growing up Drykas, and Kavala knew that would be hard on him in the end if he didn't get some of that Drykas training tempered with Akalak discipline and socialization.

Riaris settled into the wagon seat and Kavala nodded at his words, snapping her attention back to the present. "He or she deserves it. There were people killed today. Many people. I don't know who would do such a thing. But I suspect it was deliberate. I don't understand it, Riaris. Do the Akalak have so many enemies, buried in all their honor and civility, that people wont' stop trying to hurt them?" She said, shaking her head, almost disgusted. Riverfall is filled with decent people. Why try and destroy that?" She said, shifting and leaning against him even as she guided the horse and wagon down the narrow street and out towards the gate which would lead to home.

She yawned then, shifted on the hard wooden seat of the wagon, and rolled her shoudlers before settling back against him. "I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted." War was a hard thing, even if it wasn't with other intelligent creatures.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on October 27th, 2013, 12:38 am

Riaris could understand Kavala's way of thinking. Riverfall was filled with strong minded people who wouldn't have a problem taking the law into their own hands. The city had a voluntary military which said as much. He also wondered if the man would die of the wounds he took from the dogs, but had no way of knowing how bad they were. "We will see justice, or the Gods will."

Climbing into the wagon, Riaris sat down besides Kavala as she saw them off. "Yes, I think down time is what we both need at this point." Settling back, Riaris rested up while Kavala handled the steering. Things between them had been going very well and Riaris was glad to see it. Their first encounter had been fast and furious on many levels and he had hoped their spark wouldn't burn out too soon. It hadn't and he had been surprised to see Kavala coming around the lodge more and bringing with her foods of different sorts. Akalak could eat and he and his brothers were no different. However, Riaris had been fine with allowing the others to take most of the food while he spent time with Kavala.

She was more a talker than he was, but he was happy in her presents, and whatever she wanted to discuss. He was fine with sitting down and hearing about her day and telling about his, although some of the time there wasn't much to tell. Patrols were mostly boring unless something happened. There were those times when he would have a funny story to tell about something, and then times like this night where something had happened that he couldn't yet explain. It was just as well, Riaris wasn't a story teller and preferred listening to Kavala's voice to his own.

He enjoyed when she came by and when she brought her son with her. Many in the lodge liked to tease Riaris for having such a lovely companion and a few had assumed that Tasival was his son. Riaris was growing fond of the boy and liked to see him one day and be there when he accomplished his rite of manhood. He also wanted to see this with his own child one day, but seeing Kavala's son become a man was also in his heart.

The Akalak looked at Kavala as she spoke, he understood and agreed with her concerns. "The Akalak do seem to have many enemies, but I'm not sure this was an attack on my people personally, but it is hard to say at the moment. There are many here in the city now, and they brought their way of life with them. But, maybe you are right, maybe this attack was made by those tattooed fools in the tower." He wouldn't put it passed the Cerulean to try something and they were certainly wild enough to think it would work.

He didn't say much more, and instead slipped an arm around her and pulled her closer. Riaris smiled as she yawned and took part of the reins to help her steer better since she had laid down. "We'll be back to the comforts of your home very soon."

Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Kavala on November 10th, 2013, 8:05 pm

She was just glad he was there. Without him, Kavala was certain most of the people in the square wouldn’t have made it. There was something to be said about watching the Akalak fight. It wasn’t just Riaris, though he was a force of nature as well, but it was how the whole Kuvay’Nas supported the city in times of crisis. She was glad Riaris was part of the organization. As she gripped the reins and started the wagon back towards The Sanctuary, Kavala was subtly glad that things were working out the way they were. There could have been so many more wounded, and even dead, but the city had responded. Kavala was glad for that. She let the Akalak beside her be something of a comfort and truthfully was uncharacteristically quiet for most of the ride home. She was glad Riaris was accompanying her, and would most likely talk him into a bath with her and then perhaps some food if Cadra had anything made. Then, and only then, would Kavala see if she could get him to nap before hooking up the wagon and driving him home. Getting Riaris to relax and rest was like getting Tasival to bed before midnight: Impossible. But her son too would want to see Riaris and hear about the bone dogs as well. And she was sure the story coming from the big warrior would be better than anything his mother could factually deliver over dinner.

She hated when Riaris left. Kavala more often than naught wanted him to stay, but he missed his own family too... his siblings and parents. Kavala steered the wagon around a few potholes, encouraging the stallions pulling it to watch their footing. The road wasn’t perfect between the city and The Sanctuary, but it was good enough to not complain too much to the patrols.

All in all it had been a good day. Kavala was yawning by the time she drew the wagon through the horse gates and handed the team off to Aweston to unharness and brush down. She rushed to close the gates herself before accompanying Riars into The Within to start working on her to-do list she’d already put together in her mind. And though he wasn’t complaining or showing outward signs, Kavala knew Riaris was tired too. She might even, if she was lucky, get him to stay overnight and just send a message to his family that he was fine and spending dinner and the evening with The Sanctuary.

OOC: Shall we turn it in for grading now?
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 13th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Riaris steered along with her, more so helping to make sure they didn't teeter off course. He planted a kiss upon her head, then her cheek. He had to lean up and turn his head awkwardly to find her lips, but when he did, he kissed them gently. He thought he might stay the night at her home, finding himself growing more tired by the moment. A good meal, bath and relaxing time was a good way to whine down for the night.

He also wanted to see Tasival again, and he had a haunch the tiny boy was still up and about. He was part Akalak and full of energy and strength to go the long hall. The two of them could keep Kavala company until he put the boy to bed, which would leave them to share the rest of the night before they too turned in for bed.

Once they arrived to the gates and entered, the wagon and horse where put up and Riaris then accompanied Kavala inside The Within. She wouldn't admit it, but she was just as hard to put to bed, and for the rest of the night he would watch her being just as active as Tasival. All in all, it would be a good night, and a better morning.

Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Taylani on November 19th, 2013, 5:15 am

XP Award!

Kavala:

XP Award:
  • +5 socialization
  • Example 2

Lore:
  • Ghost: Bred from Denusk Clan.
  • Riaris: Private person
  • Drykas do not have mages that could bring things from elsewhere.
  • The strength of Riaris

Notes: These are comments.

Riaris Dovukalis:

XP Award:
  • +5 socialization
  • +1 persuasion
  • +3 observation

Lore:
  • Kavala: Need to see safe
  • A promise to Kavala
Tia’aria:

XP Award:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2

Lore:
  • Helplessly useless after injury
  • Example 2

Comments :
Neat thread. Please feel free to PM me with concerns about the grade. Don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous