Completed [Job Thread-Rearing Stallion] Service with a smile

Shiress lands a bartending job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Job Thread-Rearing Stallion] Service with a smile

Postby Shiress on February 24th, 2013, 5:15 am

80th Day
Winter 512AV

Shiress slid an apron over her head and tied the back. She pulled her hair back into a loose ponytail as she glanced around an empty tavern. She was determined to play her best game at this new job. She loved the city of Syliras and the people in it. She called this place home and she was determined to make this work.

Reaching underneath the bar she pulled out a piece of steel, flint rock and a few scraps of parchment and made her way to the fireplace. She put 3 large logs in place and laid the parchment on top of the largest one. She held the flint and steel just below the parchment and began to strike the steel against the flint. Three strikes later and a little encouragement from Shiress, she had herself a roaring fire.

She made her way back to the bar, put away the flint and steel, grabbed a damp cloth and moved to the nearest table to wipe it down. She continued from table to table until each one was clean, putting chairs in place as she went.

She picked up a long piece of straw from the fireplace mantle and touched it's end to the flame, igniting it's small tip and made her way from table to table lighting the small lamps in the center of each. Stopping at the last table, Shiress glanced around the now flickering room making sure she lit each lamp.

She stepped behind the bar as she glanced toward the entrance as the door swung open. She still got a little nervous just before the tavern filled with patrons, but a smile propped her cheeks high as the first customer of the day made their way in.
Last edited by Shiress on March 10th, 2013, 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Rearing Stallion] Service with a smile

Postby Kayle on February 24th, 2013, 1:39 pm

“That’s odd… no one’s here...” Kayle said, scanning the area.

This was Kayle’s first time being this early at a tavern - it was like being at a ghost town. He walked through the door, leaving it to swing behind him. As Kayle made his way to the bar, he felt his tongue his mouth, it was dry along with his throat. When he reached his destination, he was greeted with the sight of a woman who looked slightly older than himself. She was tanned and has eyes that were looked as if nature itself has blessed her with deep green eyes. He looked at the woman. He could tell that she was nervous – was it because Kayle’s the first customer to enter? Kayle didn’t want her to be nervous so he tried to elevate that feeling.

“May I have to glasses of water?” he asked the woman.
“You know, you don’t have to force a smile with me. It’s better to smile when you genuinely feel the need to.” Kayle said in a warm voice, trying to ease her nervousness.

Although Kayle visits this tavern often, he never really drinks alcohol. He just comes here to eat and listen to the bards play their songs. He finds it somewhat relaxing. He also finds it relaxing when other people are relaxed. So easing her mood would also benefit Kayle, as well as the woman.

"Kindness is the weapon I wield. It's sharper, stronger and more powerful than any blade, and it penetrates someone's heart better than any arrow. it's power doesn't only come from the wielder, but from the hearts of many as well. Kindness isn't a weapon that should be taken lightly."

- Kayle Monworth
Kayle
The Wanderer of Benevolence

Words: 34696
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 12:39 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on February 24th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Shiress watched as the man walked through the door, his coal black eyes studying her as he made his way to the bar.

“May I have to glasses of water?” He asked, his eyes still on hers. “You know, you don’t have to force a smile with me. It’s better to smile when you genuinely feel the need to.” He added. "My smile is a genuine smile, I promise." She replied as she turned and filled a mug with cool water and placed it on the bar in front of the man, giving him a more confident smile.

"Let me know if I can get you anything else." She said with a smile, turning her back to the stranger and picking up a damp cloth wiping it across the surface of the bar.
Last edited by Shiress on March 17th, 2013, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Azcadelia on February 25th, 2013, 2:22 am

A petite hand pushed through the door that belonged to the tavern. The hand belonged to Azcadelia, her auburn, almost red hair, whipped behind her as the door closed with a gust. She noticed that the tavern was empty except for a man that sat the bar. A smile creased her devious lips, perhaps a free drink in the making?

She slithered her way in-between the tables and chairs of the tavern, her crimson cloth robe making a melodramatic effect behind her. Once at the bar she cast a small smile to the woman wiping down the counter. The woman was unimpressive in Azcadelia's ego-filled, jade stained orbs. She took a seat quietly next to the man, her ruby red nailed fingers brushing against his shoulder purposefully.

"Excuse me," she said with a small smile, almost innocent, "may I have some water?" She flashed a polite smile at the barmaid.
Azcadelia
Balance, Control and Poise

Words: 78372
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 1:31 am
Character sheet

Postby Shiress on February 25th, 2013, 4:15 am

Shiress leaned a hip against the bar as she watched the fiery red head come through the door, her head tilted slightly back as her piercing green eyes scanned the tavern. She moved toward the bar, her steps swaying her body with confidence and self admiration.

She slid in beside the dark eyed man and her ego, both having had made it to the bar long before she did.

"Excuse me." She said with a slight politeness."May I have some water?"

Shiress pushed away from the bar and filled a mug with cool water and placed it in front of the woman and with a smile said "Let me know if you need anything else." She turned away lifting her eye brows in bemusement.
Last edited by Shiress on March 17th, 2013, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kayle on February 25th, 2013, 4:17 am

[ooc=OOC NOTE]Soory, but could you wait for me please? :([/ooc}

Kayle smiled at the woman’s more confident smile. He feels good know that she removed her sense of nervousness. As he filled a cup with cool water, she introduced herself as Shiress, and offered her service as a barmaid. Kayle watched the woman grab a cloth and wipes down the bar as he sips one of the cups of water.

“Nice to meet you, Shiress. I’m Kayle” He said, before taking another sip from the cup.

Kayle clicked his fingers silently in a unique rhythm and Ren, his ferret, popped her head out of the bag. He looked to make sure the barmaid wasn’t looking and gesture Ren to take a sip from the second cup. Ren stretched out on to Kayle’s shoulders, keeping her lower half in the back as Kayle picks up the cup, moving it closer to Ren’s head. After Ren took a sip, she jumped back into the bag.

Kayle heard the sound of the door opening and closing. He turned to see the second patron of the day, it was a woman. She had fiery red hair and eye’s green like the forest. She looked as if she had some sort of charm to her. However, Kayle’s thoughts about people differ to the normal man. He did not see a woman, but a person. She walked up to the bar and asked for water, giving her eyes that gave a sense of care. Kayle looked at the woman smile and gave a smile of his own, a warm smile.

“Nice to see that manners aren’t completely lost” Kayle said to the woman, but said it as if he was speaking to himself.

As he spoke he turned his head away from the woman to his cup, and stared at the water reflection on the surface. he then looks at Shiress and began to ask her a question.

“I guess you’re new here, I haven’t seen you here before. Am I right?”

"Kindness is the weapon I wield. It's sharper, stronger and more powerful than any blade, and it penetrates someone's heart better than any arrow. it's power doesn't only come from the wielder, but from the hearts of many as well. Kindness isn't a weapon that should be taken lightly."

- Kayle Monworth
Kayle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azcadelia on February 26th, 2013, 2:21 am

Azcadelia sipped her water, quietly contemplating her surroundings. The man seemed really nice, just the atmosphere about him. The woman, the same aura floated around her. Azcadelia's own aura was stained with that of a Reimancy user. The wind about her was unnatural, all of it manifested by a use if Reimancy to keep her nerves on edge; a quick draw mage if you will.

The man asked the woman if she was new around here. By the looks she was. Azcadelia had never seen her here. Not that she came here all the time anyway, she just use to get free drinks from the drunken mob that had slew itself in here every midnight.

The man was cute, to say the least. His darker hair, paler skin, smooth skin. Overall a gleam of innocence about him. Azcadelia was no where near innocent. She didn't look it. Sure, she was young, graced with a long lasting age but everything about her read impure and not-lady-like. Regardless she didn't care, her ego was much too large to care.

Her eyes steadily gazed quietly back and forth between the man and woman. The woman, whose name was Shiress, was fair looking; by Azcadelia's standards. Her hair unkempt, airy and beautiful. It was brown. Her skin was fair, not as much as pale like the man and Azcadelia herself. Her eyes almost the same colour of Azcadelia's. She reminded her of when she was younger, less experienced, care free.

"When's does the tavern receive it's rowdiest patrons?" she asked hoping she could swindle a free drink somewhere. She wouldn't get it from the man who was drinking water, nor would she get it from Shiress who was the barmaid, it was her job not to give out free drinks.
Azcadelia

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on February 26th, 2013, 5:08 pm

"You would be right." Shiress answered with a smile. "Although, I have been in Syliras for the majority of the season." She added, moving closer. She tilted a water pitcher over the man's glass and refilled it as she glanced down to the man's bag. A slight, knowing smiled spread across her face.

She turned her attention to the woman as she spoke. "When does the tavern receive it's rowdiest patrons?" She asked smoothly. "Usually supper time, between the 14th and 15th bell, sometimes a bit earlier." She replied as she topped her water off as well.

Shiress stepped back while reaching a hand under the bar. She grabbed her small burlap sack and untied the twine. Her hand lowered into the bag and pulled out a small chunk of smoked pork and then tossed the sack back in place. A smile spread across her face as she leaned over the bar directly in front of the dark eyed Kayle. "-This- is for your little friend." She whispered with a wink.

She cast a quick glance to the red head. Her smiled broadened. "There's no charge for the water." She said as her eyes moved to Kayle's. "Why don't you buy this pretty lady a glass of wine." She said. "If not for her company, at least drink to her beauty." She added with a slight raise to her eyebrow

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kayle on February 27th, 2013, 12:48 am

He was correct, she was new. He smiled at her and continued drinking. After the Shiress topped of his cup of water, she ducked under the bar and retrieved a small bag. She untied it, and removes a small chunk of meat. She offered it to Kayle as a treat for his ferret. After she whispered her words, she gave a wink – he fail to conceal her. He gave a light chuckled and accepted the bit of meat.

“Thank you, I bet she’ll be delighted.” He said, holding the morsel near his bag, where Ren’s head popped out and grabbed it.

Shiress eyes darted at the woman and back at Kayle. Then she suggested that Kayle should buy her a drink. Kayle looked at the woman then back at Shiress, and smiled.

“Beauty isn’t something to can judge from the outside.” He said, with a warm smile on his face.
“But perhaps I could by her one out of generosity. I never really offered a woman a drink before, do you gave a suggestion?” Kayle said, slightly whispering so the woman couldn’t hear him.

This was actually the second time offering a woman a drink. His first time was with a friend he grew up with. It was her who gave him his concept of beauty. He looked at the woman, and smiled.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kayle.” He said the her.

- Kayle Monworth
Kayle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azcadelia on February 27th, 2013, 1:33 am

Azcadelia grew a small smile when she say the two exchanging words in a hushed tone. The man introduced himself, his name was Kayle. It was a name Azcadelia had never heard before. She gave her best smile that she could muster. She thought it best to not give her full name, her nick name would do. She played her ruby nails on the counter before speaking."You may call me Azzy," she said to Kayle.

The vibe the man gave off betrayed her, she felt obligated to give her full name. "My entire name is: Azcadelia Jade Rosan, pleased to meet you." Azcadelia gave a warm smile. Her previous devious mood of: get a free drink, had been changing. She felt welcome, like her presence was appreciated and not just for her looks.
Azcadelia

Character sheet

Next