Hello from a curious individual!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Nefertari on February 24th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Hello! Here I am. Completely new to Mizahar and sent this way by a friend.
So... I have finally made my way through the lore, and have a couple of questions (I am hoping that I have posted this in the right place) I am not new to roleplaying per se, but I have not done it in a while. I am hoping to get to know loads of new people.

- My character is either going to be Eypharian, half Eypharian and half Dhani or half Eypharian and half Zith. In both of the mixed blood cases, I am a little intrigued as to the race traits which my character might have.

- I am definitely basing my character in Ahnatep (Helloo Ahnatep-ians - I shall hopefully soon join your number)

- My character won't exactly be mean and evil, but because of the way she was brought up, she will seem spoilt, selfish and have a fundamental belief in her own superiority. She will also have no problems with the idea of slavery so, if possible, I would like to have a few NPC slaves and god-willing a couple of PC ones... which she will be kind to but merciless with disobedience.

- Bearing in mind the starting package, I was wondering if I could be the wife or courtesan of a rich man, and therefore have no personal belongings at all. I would like to write it into the threading that she lives a life of absolute luxury until she is discovered cheating and thrown out with nothing but the clothes she stands in. Is this possible?

- On the other hand, I could be the Madam of a Brothel in Ahnatep or a 'Kept' Slave.

- Um... I was reading about Gnosis marks. I'm not too sure how to get one, but would like one from the goddess Nikali. Can someone explain Gnosis to me?

- So yes, if you want to be friends or enemies or whatever, tell me, and hello!
Last edited by Nefertari on February 24th, 2013, 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nefertari
The Blood Rose of Ahnatep

Words: 7395
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 2:34 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Bethsyliss on February 24th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Hi Nefertari, I'm so glad we're having another Ahnatepian! Yay!! I can't really address all of your concerns. Your character concept is definitely very consistent with being an Eypharian though.

If you're looking for NPC slaves then you have to do a writeup of the NPCs, which will be traveling NPCs (companion NPCs) since they follow you around. When you're done, just submit a request to the help desk and your NPC will be either accepted or rejected. Maybe you'll be required to buy it off the slave market (we have one in Ahnatep), I'm not sure. Check out the NPC page of the wiki for more info on that. Bear in mind that for the game to be fair you can't start out with whole battalions of slaves, but that's not my call to make, it's the founders'. The founder responsible for the Eyktol region where Ahnatep is located is Colombina.

If you want a PC slave, I'm sure you can find a few people who might be willing to do that. Check out the matchmaking section of the forum. I think there's someone called Leda who is looking for cruel masters, maybe it's someone else but I know someone's offering to be a slave. You can also start a thread saying you're looking for slaves. If people are interested they'll leave a message on the thread or in your private inbox.

If you want a gnosis mark, I think you have to write the story of your obtaining the gnosis mark from your chosen goddess. The story has to challenge your character since gnosis mark is a significant thing. Then you do a request in the help desk. Or maybe you're supposed to do a help desk request first, and then one of the founders moderates the thread where you get your gnosis mark (so basically they enact the god responsible for the gnosis mark you want).

We'll probably end up being enemies because my character hates the idea of slavery but I think I like you. I hope to thread with you soon. See you in Ahnatep!

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Imass on February 24th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hail Nefertari! Welcome to Mizahar!

Just to clarify, you can just submit the story immediately to the HD and the founders will take it from there.Alternatively, you can acquire the mark through an in game modded quest (PM the Domain Storyteller of your city asking for one). Keep in mind that after 50 posts you will no longer be about to submit an HD gnosis request!When you select a gnosis to apply through HD for make sure you read all the lore pertaining to it and ask questions if you confused. They don't accept all stories, they have to be well thought out and researched :)

Nerfertari, owning a slave costs a lot of money because you have to pay their Living Expenses each season. The first step to owning a slave is making money!. This should take you a considerable amount of time if you don't have a lot of money to start with. You may want to look into generating income.

I have no doubt if you show the time and dedication to obtain several NPC slaves, that PCs will want to RP with you as a slave. Being a slave is an interesting experience and has a lot of hidden rewards and benefits, especially in the character development section. That being said I wouldn't try to find PC slaves until you are well established with some money.

PS Nikkali's mark is for the slaves themselves I believe

IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Nefertari on February 24th, 2013, 4:59 pm

In that case, I could just have one slave? Or be on the other side of the divide.
Nefertari
The Blood Rose of Ahnatep

Words: 7395
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 2:34 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Imass on February 24th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Yeah you could do either successfully straight out of character creation. I am just giving you some helpful links to help get ready for slaves. The reason I say don't get a PC slave is because you have been here not even a day. Show some commitment to plot before having someone commit to your character! I learned this the hard way XD

IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)