Open A little adventure

Santhien gets his first taste of Ravok and explores the docks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A little adventure

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on February 27th, 2013, 3:55 am

Santhien Sel’Thya

oocthis is my first time threading ever but feel free to jump in I would like the company. ^^
90th day of winter 512 A.V
Santhien wandered the docks in a daze. He was amazed by how many people where around him and how all of them just went about their day to day lives. Santhien had promised himself earlier that he wouldn’t gawk at everything around him, but he couldn’t help himself after seeing just a fraction of what the city had to offer. Santhien gather himself together and began to explore the city that would soon become his home. He walked along the center of the market taking careful note of the scenery, trying to absorb and process the information. He enjoyed the energy that radiated from the merchants as they try to sell and advertise their wares. Santhien also noticed how some of the people he passed by pointed and snickered at his attire. He would usually ignore them but he couldn’t help but notice that he stuck out. He let the thought pass though his tunic and hood were perfectly functional and that was all that mattered to him.

“COME BACK THIEF!”

Santhien’s thoughts were immediately expelled. He turned his attention to the female merchant as she tried to chase the scoundrel away. Santhien sped pass her and chased the thief down. The cutpurse navigated the twisted alleyways and canals as if he had a map in his hand. Santhien however has spent his whole life in the desert and survived the heat. This little sprint was light jog to him and he was gaining on the thief fast. As Santhien turned the next corner he was met with a drawn blade. Santhien slid under his swing and grabbed the attacker’s leg using his momentum to take him off his feet. The thief caught off guard fell hard on his face and stumbled as he tried to get up. Santhien took the bag of stolen goods from him and kicked his staggered opponent into the canal. The thief soon thrashed to the surface gasping for air.

“Be glad I did not draw blade for you would not draw breath at all.”

Santhien with a great deal of effort found his way back to the merchant. He found her on a box packing the remainder of wares. Santhien tapped her shoulder lightly. She jumped startle but soon settled down at the sight of Santhien. He promptly handed the bag back to her. She smiled.

“I didn’t think I would get it back.”

Santhien smiled and walked away. His steps soon slowed however as he realized he didn’t know what to do now.
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Words: 6985
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

A little adventure

Postby Noaru on February 27th, 2013, 4:51 am

“Impressive... ”

A random voice approached Santhien's ears. The origin of this voice did not make its appearance known, wanting to remain hidden until it could grasp a feel of Santhien's own presence. The spirit remained quiet yet cautious, keeping its presence well concealed amongst the various presences and distractions present. Noaru had to mention that he did not enjoy the daytime hours, his abilities were less affective in the broad daylight and showing any signs of aggression or being ''evil'' would draw unnecessary attention from the crowd and he did not want to have the attention of a nosy spiritist averted to him.

Noaru lingered around the lady Santhien had helped, making her feel nervous as if someone was watching her or someone was holding their hand just above her skin, it would be an annoying and uncomfortable sensation: maybe, even chilling or down right creepy to most but who said Noaru wasn't feeling mischievous today? The spirit chuckled to himself, thinking that the possibility of him finding someone interesting in broad daylight would be zero sense he would usually be resting at this hour.

Until he was noticed he decided to pester the woman a bit just for kicks, it would be a harmless practical joke but some would probably see something else going on otherwise, being the spoilers that some people were or tend to be, he didn't manifest into view as being punched or struck with something was a likely thing to happen due to his unwanted pestering.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A little adventure

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on February 28th, 2013, 2:42 am

Santhien Sel’Thya

oocthanks for joining I hope we can have fun together :)
“Impressive... ”

The smile on Santhien’s face faded as the hair on the back of his neck pricked up. He felt oddly cold yet he didn’t know why. He scanned the crowd around him unsure of what he was looking for but his gaze locked on the woman he had helped. She seemed more nervous than he was. Which wouldn’t be odd normally but he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong. Santhien observed more closely and it appeared the merchant was looking for something. A small bag of GM was hiding under a piece of wood but as Santhien approached the bag became more and more obscured. When Santhien was right above the piece of wood the bag was completely transparent. He extended his hand out half expecting it touch nothing. He instead felt the soft material of the bag and when he looked down again it was in plain view. Santhien picked it up and held it out for the woman to see.

“Is this yours by chance?”

The lady blinked for amount in confusion but then let out a sigh of pent up stress obviously thankful for Santhien’s assistance.

“I thought I had lost todays profits. I owe you once again sir.”

Santhien shook his head and replied.

“it’s only natural to help those in need. You don’t have to thank me.”

She smiled.

“maybe in a another town but not in Ravok sir.”

She finished packing her wares and waved goodbye leaving Santhien’s field of vision. He began to walk away but he froze in place. He turned his attention back to the now vacant space. Santhien felt a presence still there as if the woman never left. He stood motionless watching the space waiting for some sign to explain what it was he felt.
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Character sheet

A little adventure

Postby Noaru on March 1st, 2013, 7:15 am

There was a cold chill, constantly emitting from the location the presence occupied; if one was to pay close attention to that area with an ear or to... you could hear silent yet eerie laughter. The sound, it would be hard for those with occupied minds to hear but those remaining still and focusing on their surroundings would be able to fully immerse in the creepiness. The spirit began to manifest, his will fueling the power of the soulmist that he was composed of--with nearly all his concentration focused upon himself, he began to imagine the outlines of his body coming into view.

While this went on and the mental image of his body formed, he began to mold his corporeal form into one that was visible and more defined. Yes, his knew that some features of his body would look out of place; worn out and exhausted in many sections of his ''more definite shape'' but he would be able to be seen and recognized more clearly than before.

“ I didn't frighten you... did I?”

Noaru appears behind Santhien, standing ten meters away from him in order to preserve his and Santhien's personal space. The spirit donned an elegant black robe, its long sleeves stretched almost entirely over his hands, leaving only fingers peaking from beneath while the lower part cloaked the lower portions of his body--all the way down to his feet. The spirits ''clothing'' seemed to be always moving, flowing as if an invisible force or wind of some sort was carrying it constantly with it. Noaru tilted his head down slightly to prevent his eyes from being seen, wouldn't want to cause a weary bystander to have a heart-attack now would we?
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A little adventure

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on March 2nd, 2013, 1:31 am

Santhien Sel’Thya

“ I didn't frighten you... did I”

A faint laughter echoed through his head and then the presence was abruptly gone. Santhien blinked in confusion for one second until he felt the presence again except stronger. Santhien turned to face the spirit, or what he thought to be a spirit. He allowed his body to physically relax but his mind remained alert. He wasn’t surprised by the existence of a spirit but he questioned why such a being would be present in city such a populated city. Santhien thought it would be best to not anger the spirit for now. He formally bowed to the spirit being as courteous as possible.

“ Greetings to you spirit who lingers and may the blessings of Yahal be upon you, if you don’t mind me asking why would one such as yourself be here?”

Santhien lifted his head and maintained the same relaxed pose. A brief thought of how ridiculously he must have looked flashed through his mind. He couldn’t help but smile at the notion, a strangely garbed man in the middle of the street bowing and talking to no one. He didn’t try to hide it though there was no need to.
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Character sheet

A little adventure

Postby Noaru on March 3rd, 2013, 6:44 am

“ The reason? I have no other particular reason. I'm just here wandering about doing nothing in particular.”

Noaru was obviously lying, he always had a reason to be somewhere and usually that reason was awfully bad! The spirit scrutinized the young figure in front of him, seeing nothing or feeling anything strange that would indicate that the human-male in front of him wasn't a human... or at least a normal one. All he saw was a well composed human, showing little to no signs of being phased by his appearance or presence; he figured the man was probably use to spirits and ghost or at least wasn't in the slightest bit afraid of him.

The name Yahal peaked his interests; he hadn't heard anyone speak that name before and he figured it was a person or leader of some sort that had huge influence over a city he had not known about. Noaru being the devious creature that he was wanted to learn about any guarded secret someone held as he would be able to tear it from the mind of the would be victim with a few minor set-backs of course~

“ Who is Yahal? ”

Noaru believed that any name that is mentioned to him with grace, honor, respect or fear then that person must be found by him, he needed answers to his wrath and pain
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A little adventure

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on March 4th, 2013, 2:31 am

Santhien Sel’Thya

Santhien almost laughed at the question, but then realized the spirit was serious. How could he explain Yahal. It’s like trying to explain why one needs air to live. Yahal has been apart of Santhien since he could remember being a toddler and all of his people are taught the greatness that is Yahal from birth. Santhien decided that he would explain to the best of his abilities after he was no priest.

“ Yahal is the embodiment of faith and purity. He is the shepherd that guides our flock and ensures the peace and prosperity of us Benshira and…”

Santhien paused he realized he was rambling he didn’t want to confuse the spirit and bring shame to Yahal’s name. He should try to be as direct as possible. He silently asked a prayer of forgiveness in advance if he should offend Yahal.

"To put it simply my friend he is the god of my people."
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Character sheet

A little adventure

Postby Noaru on March 5th, 2013, 7:43 am

“ The way you speak is rather strange! So formal and kind, you must not be around this region.”

Noaru learned what he could from the soul in front of him ''Yahal'' was surely not human, being an embodiment of embodiment of faith and purity, and the way he was spoken of... Yahal was something greater than he was... a God. The spirit judged the way Santhien spoke of Yahal and understood that the human kept Yahal in high regards, it intrigued him, this fact! Noaru scrutinized the soul in front of him, he speculated that Santhien wasn't a normal human and was a Benshira, something he had not seen or heard of before.

“ What brings you ere hto the City of The Blackened Sun? ”

Noaru felt a strong sense of conviction coming from Santhien, he knew this would not be a soul he could strike fear into or cause to become nervous with his presence, he saw this when he tried to intimidate him before. The spirit wanted to believe that this soul would be one he could talk and walk with casually--like in the old days where he used to talk with living beings kindly rather than strikingly and aggressive.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A little adventure

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on March 5th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Santhien Sel’Thya

"Ah, yes I’m actually new to the region. I came from the deserts of Eyktol. As to my speech skills well I don’t speak common as often as I had today but I find it good practice to be courteous to others when possible. "

Santhien was enjoying himself. He didn't think he would find a friendly spirit in the city (at least not quite so literally.) He was also proud that he impressed the spirit with his speech skill.

"As to why I am here, I’m not so sure of myself. I just know I need to be here."

Santhien nodded with a strong affirmation. He was also here for work to send home funds for his family but if the priest was right then Santhien needed to be in Ravok.

I almost completely forgot! My name is Santhien Sel’Thya, a pleasure to meet you.”

Santhien spoke with genuine sincerity and held his hand out. His whole body relaxed itself and all traces of tension he held previously both mentally and physically left him. He was after all with a friend.
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Character sheet

A little adventure

Postby Noaru on March 9th, 2013, 1:05 am

“ I see, it seems fate might have a reason for your purpose here.”

Noaru wondered why he had said that--the word ''fate'' stood out to him for some strange reason: maybe, the word would have some secret meaning to it later but for now, he placed the thought behind him and extended his own hand to grasp onto Santhien's hand. The spirit thought that maybe touching a person would be a rather bad idea, as his touch wasn't all that friendly or calming in anyway. The spirit grasped onto Santhien's hand and looked into his eyes with a firm look, it was a handshake of trust amongst men, something most never have the chance to experience.

“ I believe you were wandering here along the docks? Lets walk and talk and see a few things while we are both here! ”

Noaru released his hold and began to walk along the ground, he believed this would be more appropriate in a public setting--seeing as he wasn't going to do much today, he might as well just lounge around and chat a bit with another soul.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next