Solo His Name is Moonfire (Solo)

Iosha buys a horse at the Skyline Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

His Name is Moonfire (Solo)

Postby Iosha on March 2nd, 2013, 12:30 am

Time Stamp: 20th Spring. 513AV (Market Day)
Who: Iosha

Iosha knew if she was going to brave the Unforgiving in the summer to look for her father's and his wind eagles' Aferan remains. She will have to be well prepared to face the dangers that lurk in the shadows of the mountains. Ever since Iosha came to Wind Reach, her life dramatically changed for the young Konti. When she arrived in the city in the Fall, she was wide-eyed naive tourist who believed everyone in the city flew a great eagle. It was not the case, and her daydreams of her fathers homeland came crashing down around her. However, out of the rumble, she had made a foundation for her new home, and one day her long lost daughter, Lutes, will join her in the city in the volcano. She had a lot to learn before she could get her daughter back from the hands of her cruel father, Saalo Materan. After everything that happened to her during the long winter, Iosha carefree and almost childish personality was tempered slightly by events in late winter. She remembered Miina words when she spoke to Iosha, “You have been living too long here alone I'm afraid. I fear for you Iosha I really do. These Inarta are not your friends they respect you for now but one slip up, one mistake and they will look to you as little more then a clipped bird...”

Regardless of Miina emotional state at the time, the older Konti made some sense about being a foreigner in Wind Reach. In the eyes of most Inarta, she was a Konti and outsider, but in the eyes of some of the Inarta men, she was just a exotic prized bird from the east. It was the same way of thinking her Master Saalo Materan thought about his beautiful pet too. She was a slave to his whim and his desires, and she will never go back to that life. In the days after the murder investigation, Iosha decided to take a different outlook into approaching other Inarta. She would be a woman her Endal father would be proud to call daughter. She believed she was Inarta in spirit, but she would carry herself like a proud strong willed Konti woman with a fire in her soul that wouldn't be quenched by any water.

Walking into the Courtyard of the Sky, Iosha smiled to herself as she could feel the warm sunlight on her bare shoulders. It was still a cool day in early spring, but during the day, the light from Syna warmed the crater of the volcano to bearable temperature. She looked at the crowd, and she made her way the booth called Lexi's Leather. Iosha smiled and said softly to the leather clad woman behind the booth, “Hello, I am Iosha, and I am looking to purchase some leather armor, and I heard your the woman to talk too.” The woman smirked and responded with small laugh, “Yes I am Lexi as long as you have the money, Konti.” Iosha nodded and said simply, “Good, you are in luck. I just got paid today. I like you to make me some camouflage armor.” Lexi raised an eyebrow and nodded to what Iosha was wearing a vanti and bryda, and stated, “Most of hunters in Wind Reach just wear those articles of clothing when they are out in the wild lands. Are you afraid of getting your pretty white skin scratched?” Iosha tilted her head at the red hair woman and said with a hint of annoyance in her voice, “I am healer in the Infirmary, and I see first hand the injuries the Inarta hunters get day to day, so yes, I would like to avoid as much injury as I can when I face down a angry two headed wolf.” Lexi stared at the Konti woman for a few ticks, and she said with a smile, “Let me take down your measurements than we will talk about the price.”

Iosha waited patiently as the Inarta took down her measurements, and after ten chimes she walked behind the desk, and she looked up at her with a smile and said with a smile, “Well, Iosha. I will make it for no less than fifty-five pinions.” Iosha nodded at her price for the armor, but she knew Lexi was a tad expensive than the other leather workers in the Market Place, but she made up for the price with quality. Iosha nodded and said softly, “It is a fair price, Lexi, but another leather merchant offered it for forty-five pinions. Can you beat that price?” Lexi raised her eyebrow and said with a smile, “I will give it to you for fifty-two pinions.” Iosha shook her head and said sharply, “I will pay forty-eight pinion and no more.” Lexi frowned to herself and muttered something in Nari, and she said in defeat, “I'll give it you for fifty pinions and no less Konti.” Iosha crossed her arms and said with a smile, “You have yourself a deal, Lexi.” Iosha reached into her coin pouch and counted out fifty pinions for the merchant. Lexi smiled counting the coins and sliding them into the till. She looked up at her and said softly, “You armor will be done in two days, Iosha. I will deliver it to your apartment.” Iosha gave the woman her apartment number, and she walked away to her next destination.
Last edited by Iosha on March 27th, 2013, 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

His name is Moonfire (Solo)

Postby Iosha on March 2nd, 2013, 12:39 am

The next destination was the stall called the Hot Hammer, and Iosha was in the market for a dagger. After coming to Wind Reach, she noticed that carrying a weapon on her person at all times wasn't a bad idea. She didn't want to carry her long sword everywhere because it would attract unwanted attention to herself, and she could just picture Aidara face if she brought the weapon in the Infirmary. However, a dagger is small enough to not attract attention, but a would be attacker would think twice if she was armed. Iosha remembered the time in the Dek cave when the large Dek almost killed her, so she wouldn't make the same mistake twice. She walked up Tardon and said simply, “I need a double bladed dagger. It doesn't have to be anything fancy as long as it cuts something.” Tardon smiled at her directness, and he pulled out three daggers matching her description and said, “All these daggers are made with fine steel, and they all cost eight pinions.” Iosha looked at the daggers, and she was impressed with the intricate design in the steal, and when she picked up the last dagger, she a wolf face in the hilt. She smiled at the dagger and paid the man eight pinions.

Iosha left the Courtyard of the sky, and she made her to the Skyline Stables. She smiled to herself when she saw the beautiful creatures. Iosha remembered the first sight when she got to Nyka was the beautiful steeds of the nobles. She always wanted one of her own, but her dreams were cut short by a selfish man named Berial. She clenched her fist at his name. Berial promised her a life on the Suvan Sea, but he betrayed her and sold her to the highest bidder in the slave market of Ravok. If she saw the man again, he will have to pay a price for ruining her and her daughters life. A large Inarta named Hansi walked up to her and said in a gruff voice, “How can I help you?” He stared at her a moment, and he said something in Nari. He looked at her with a dumb smile on his face, “I remember getting my fortune told by a beautiful Konti last summer, but I wouldn't think meeting one for a second time would be such a treat. My name is Hansi Nadar, and I am the stable master.” Iosha gave the man a warm smile at his kind words, and she said back softly, “My name is Iosha Moonchaser, and I am looking for horse with spirit. I will be going to the Unforgiving, and I need a strong mount to brave the wilderness.” Hansi smiled and said with a hearty laugh, “Well, you are in Wind Reach, so everything influenced by the volcano has spirit even the horses. Come with me, Iosha.”

Hansi walked her down the stables, and he showed her all sorts of breeds ranging from warhorses to ponies, but the horse that caught the violet eyes of Iosha was beautiful black hair with long luminescent white mane. Iosha smiled to herself when the horse looked back at her from his water trough. Iosha twiddles her fingers at the horse, and the horse let a loud naayhh in her direction. Iosha turned around with girlish squeal, and she pointed to the horse and said simply to him, “I want one.” The stable master nodded at her choice in horses, and he said with a smile, “The Firemane is a fine breed Iosha; however, not many people other than nobles and rich merchants can afford them. This horse was born over a year ago, so he has a lot of as I can say childish...spunk in him. You will get your money worth with him, Iosha.” The stable master walked around him and unhooked his reins from the stone peg. Iosha made room as he lend the horse from the stall. Hansi suddenly called out a name, Alik in Nari, and she watched a young man approach them. He said something to the stable master in Nari, and Hansi shook his head and said sternly, “Don't be rude, Alik. She is a outsider speak in the common tongue.” Iosha heard the young man speak to her, “I will saddle the horse for your first ride while you talk to talk business with Hansi.”

Iosha nodded to the young man trying to contain her excitement as she followed Hansi into his office. Hansi walked behind his desk and waved her to the chair in front of the desk. Iosha sat down with a childish grin on her face, and she listened to Hansi speak business, “Ok, Iosha Moonchaser, if you want a Firemane keep in mind that it was breed for nobles and merchants, so my price for the horse will be no more or no less than two hundred and fifty pinions, and please don't haggle because I won't accept anything less than the price I gave you.” Iosha wasn't shocked at the price for the horse since she new she would be spending quite a bit of money today. Iosha said softly, trying to control her excitement, “I will pay the full two hundred and fifty pinions.” Hansi smiled and said softly, “Ok deal. Now you will need a bit and bridle, a riding saddle, saddle pads, and you want some saddle bags too?” Iosha thought about it for a moment, and she figured she would need them when they went into the Unforgiven. Iosha simply stated, “Yes, I would like a large saddle bag please. Oh I forgot to mention. It is a eight pinions to board your horse for a season.” Hansi made his calculations on a piece of paper, and he said the total price, “The grand total for the horse, and the basic supplies for the horse will be two hundred and seventy-one pinions, Iosha Moonchaser. All at the end of season, it will be eight pinions.” Iosha spent about ten chimes counting out the currency for the stable master, and when she was finished she frowned at how light her purse was after today. She looked at the man and stated, “My horse will be named Moonfire.”

ReceiptReceipt: 329 pinions
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Iosha on March 4th, 2013, 4:47 am

The stable master lead Iosha out of his office, and Alik was riding Moonfire towards her. When he was close enough he pulled back on the reins, and the Fireman came to a stop. Iosha looked at the beautiful animal, and she clapped her hands together in excitement. Alik jumped off the horse, and he handed the reins to Iosha and said with a grin, “You own a fine animal, Iosha. Would you like to take your first ride in the arena?” Iosha reached out with a trembling hand, and she said nothing, but the expression on her face and the quick nod said everything. Alik nodded with a smile to Iosha and said to stable master, “I will take her back to the practice arena sir.” Hansi looked over at Iosha and smiled to her, “You should come down here and learn how to take care of your new horse too. I am sure Alik will teach you everything you need to know.” Iosha watched Hansi leave and walk down the stable, and she quickly turned to Alik and said, “So how do I begin?”

Alik looked at her, laughed to himself, and said with a smile, “Well we will first get you on your horse.” Iosha nodded to him as he lead her to the saddle. Alik grabbed the foot stirrup, and he said simply, “I want you to put your left food in the stirrup, put you right hand on the candle of the saddle, and lift yourself up and swinging your right leg over the other side of the horse. When you are sitting on the horse put your right foot in the stirrup.” Iosha listened carefully to what he just said, and she put her left foot in the stirrup and her right hand the front of the saddle. Soon after she lifted herself up onto the horse, but she noticed she had a little trouble pulling herself up because she needed to work on her upper body strength, but eventually, she made it to the top of horse and put her right foot in the stirrup. Alik nodded to her, handed her the reins, and said softly, “Now when you hold the reins, Iosha. You need to hold them tightly by the middle if you don't the horse won't know where you want him to turn if you would have too much slack on the reins. Try it Konti.” Iosha moved her hands to the middle of the reins, and Alik smiled and said, “Good, Iosha. Now if you want to turn left or right move the reins in the direction of your choosing, and if you need to stop pull back on the reins, just remembered if you pull back too hard it might spook your horse and it could buck you off.” Iosha noticed the riding instruction was simple enough, but she will still nervous of doing something wrong and hurting herself.

Alik watched as Iosha practiced moving the reins right, left, and back. When she seemed like she got a handle of it, Alik said to her, “When you want the horse to move forward, you need to nudge him with your heel of you boot. Remember the harder you nudge your horse the faster you will go, so why don't you just nudge him gently and lead him into the arena.” Iosha kicked her heel gently into the side of the horse, and she smiled when the horse slowly walked forward. Moonfire walked towards Alik, and he turned left down a wide dirt and straw covered hall way. Iosha saw him moving left, and she noticed she wasn't holding the reins tight enough, so she adjusted her hand placement on the reins, so they were towards the middle, and she moved the reins left when she was at the corner. The horse rounded the corner, and she saw Alik already opened the gate into the arena for her, and she lead the horse into the arena. Once she was in the arena, she pulled back on her reins, and the horse came to a stop.

Alik walked beside her, patted Iosha's leg, and said to her, “Ok Iosha there are four different Gaits to riding a horse first is walk, second is trot, third is canter, and fourth is gallop. The first gait walking is used for traveling through cities and populated area. It is important to keep this speed because the authorities don't like it if you trot down the street, and it is considered rude too.” He took a quick breath and continued, “The second gait is the trot this speed is your main speed to travel outside the city because the horse won't have to stop and rest frequently. With a trot, you can get to your destination in a relatively short time with out having to stop ever half an hour.”

Alik ran a hand through his red, and he continued his lesson, “The canter is a speed less than a gallop, but you can tell your in a canter with the three beats of the hoofs. This speed is good if you want to jump the horse over a fence or a obstacle, but you need to remember if you ride your horse at this speed, it will need to stop more frequently. The Gallop is the max running speed of horse, I suggest you don't run this speed through the Unforgiven because of the uneven terrain. However, if you have to gallop your horse, you will know when you hit the speed when you hear the four beats of the hoofs. Remember, you can only gallop for a short distance until you need to rest your horse. Otherwise, you will kill him.”

Alik put his arms behind his head, and he nodded to the other side of the arena and said softly, “I want you to walk you horse to wall than when you come back to me. I want you to bring the horse to a trot. You just have to nudge the horse twice for a trot.” Iosha listened carefully, leaned over, patted the horses neck, and said softly in Kontinese, “We'll Moonfire be starting our first ride this should be fun.” Iosha nudged the horse with her heel and the horse started to walk to the wall. It took her five chimes to make it to the wall, and she moved her reins left to turn the horse before he ran into the wall. She smiled to herself when she got Moonfire to turn around to face Alik on the other side of the arena. She decided to bring her horse to a trot and nudged it twice. The horse started moving faster and quicker down the arena. She could definitely notice the ride was much more bumpier, and when she made it to Alik, she pulled back on the reins bringing the horse to a stop. Alik smiled up at her and told her to do it again, but this time, he wanted her to trot up to the wall and turn around and trot back to him.

Iosha turned her reins to the left and turned around the horse, so it faced the wall again. She nudged the horse twice and she brought the horse to a trot, and she had to quickly react and turn left before hitting the wall. She turned the horse around, and she continued her trot back to Alik. She saw him stick up a hand when she got closer to him, and he said with a smile, “Good, now I want you to lead him to your stall, so why don't you follow me, Iosha.” Iosha followed him and brought the horse to a walk, and she moved the reins right when she made it to the intersection. They walked the horse down the hallway, and she saw Dek pushing a manure cart into the intersection, so she pulled back the reins bringing the horse to a stop. When the Dek and the cart passed, Iosha nudged the horse once, and the horse moved forward down the hall. He stopped, opened the gate, and turned around and looked at the silver haired woman. Iosha pulled the reins back bringing the horse to a stop. Alik stuck up a hand, and he said to her, “Iosha, I want you to dismount the other way, so you need to keep your right foot in the stirrup and swing over your left. Remembered you need to hold onto the front, ok.” Iosha did what she was told, but when she swung her foot over the horse, her boot got stuck in the stirrup, and she fell back onto her butt. Alik ran over to help her up, and Iosha white face was now pink in embarrassment and she said nothing to him. Iosha wiped her butt when she watched Alik lead her horse into the stables. She watched how she tied the rope to railing on the other side of the stall. When he was finished, he came out and said with a smile, “You should come in next week for another lesson Iosha.” Iosha smiled at Alik and said softly, “I will be definitely plan on making it than Alik. Thank you for your instruction, and I will see you next week.” Iosha turned around and waved to him as she walked out of the stables.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Whimsy on April 3rd, 2013, 4:17 pm

Iosha

Experience Lore
+2 Negotiation Being a Foreigner in Wind Reach
+3 Riding Purchasing Camouflaged Armour
+1 Horsemanship Purchasing a Dagger
The Firemane Breed
Moonfire: The Firemane
How To Mount a Horse
How To Steer a Horse by Reins
The Four Gaits of a Horse

Comments
Please subtract 329 pinions from your ledger.

You have a pretty new horse! I'm looking forward to seeing these two get to know each other. Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook