Rain's Crib

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Rain's Crib

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on March 9th, 2013, 2:45 am

Is there a way we could order little Jesslyn some ice bubbles? I think that would make both of our days. And Yousef, Imma be tapping that follow button if you do!
Jesslyn Skyglow
Remember the good times, and never forget.

Words: 127365
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2013, 4:00 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on March 13th, 2013, 8:01 pm

It's 3:52 AM

3 AM posts and a horse :
That's it. I'm done. I've posted the longest thing I've ever written in the shortest amount of time possible. Dyslexia or no dyslexia. No more. Just... no more... Sil, I'm sorry... I'll just go look over it again... tomorrow... uGH. I'll go retreat to my soft bed now, if I see Scrivener again I think I'm going to loose it.

What's that I hear? Bad decision you say? Hah, neigh my good friend. Neigh.

Neigh is now my new YOLO.

Edit:
    This is why I people should sleep.
    I am keeping this here to remind myself why we don't talk about 3:AM shenanigans.
    Also that reply wasn't even half bad :Y
Shiber | Vani | Common | Others | Thought
Yousef
Player

Words: 52483
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 3:32 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on March 17th, 2013, 6:53 pm

I'm officially sick as of 2:47 AM. Just grand. I can't IC to save myself and I'm going home to the province on the 19th, what a great way to end a day's worth of "partying". So I resort to drinking lots of water (because by some miracle of god I am now allergic to oranges) and sleeping every 3 hours or so. On a side note, I'm catching up with my anime and Adventure Time since finals are already done.

Hurrah Summer vacation!

Now if you'll excuse me... *curls into a ball and cradles throbbing head*

Edit:

*gross laughter* Did I say I can't IC? WELL sixteen hours later I can't stop IC-ing. Yousef, I'm done with you. Wretched muse.
Yousef
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Silarial on March 19th, 2013, 4:37 pm

First of all let me apologize for the things I'm about to write down after this message. I really don't have anywhere to put them down, not having a scrapbook and all, so yeah. Your scraps will do. Sorry man.

Second, Your word count is funny. I bet you edited your posts a lot to get that out, knowing how obsessive-compulsive you are with the word count thang.

Spoiler'd because reasons :
Third, I feel so depressed right now. I can't IC anything at all. There's this tired, heavy feeling I've been having these past few days and I feel like poop. I can't develop anything. I'm having a hard time typing down words. I've been staring at the screen for hours now and I still don't have anything done! It's like my spring of ideas had suddenly dried out. It feels so horrible, being like this. I owe so many posts to many people and here I am, dumping negativity on someone else's scrapbook. Sef is Sil's bff though. You'd understand. I hope. Ugh I feel so low. I really am sorry though.

Anyway, never mind the crap above. It's the stress talking. Typing, in this case. Yes, where was I? Right, I hope you arrive safely home! Bring back some marzapan for me! Pili nuts would do too. Thanks man! You're the best. u v u
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on March 19th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Okay dude you know what first of all I'm typing this after being rudely woken up by this guy next to me who'd just spilled his god damn coke all over our shared seat and I've now been promoted to this solo seat far away from his coke and bad breath thank Yahal.

Second, I DID NOT EDIT MY POSTS TO GET THIS WORD COUNT. I do that for posts ending in 9 though because they are unsightly. But for what its worth I'm posting the word count screen cap here anyway.

Hueheuheuheue that's a mighty swell word count

Third, dude. Dude. Dude. Breathe, let your brain breathe. Take a break, read a book. Read Fault again, then contemplate on the beauty that is Amsterdam. Read Gaiman, watch a movie. Fill them creative sacs or whatever people call them. You can go over to national lib to write or something. That would help.

Also, go get your own scraps man. I swore off to coding things for a while so um yes. Ughhhhhh it's 5:58 am can this bus go any slower. It needs a gnosis mark from Sonic or something. I dunno man. I'm going back to bed, seat, whatever.

More edits because I refuse to make a new post:

I'm really, really, really home guys! Thirteen hours of sitting in a cold bus and I'm finally home! It feels so good! I've actually just woken up from a long nap and the bed is too comfortable to leave at the moment. Our dog is pregnant now and she's due for labor at the end of the month, maybe I can post some pictures of her pups. I can't wait to see the beach though, I've been itching to go there since January so I'm pretty excited.

Oh and my word count before this edit is actually pretty swell too:

Just look at that pattern. Damn fine. Come on you guys I can't be the only one who's a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to the word count. Right?

Edit as of 9:09 PM: MERCIFUL MOTHER OF GOD. UUGGHHHHHH. I forgot how awful it is to be on my period. Somebody douse me with bug milk before I rip my innards out... h-help me pleaaaassseeeee... MOTHER NATURE WHY?! *crawls on the floor and weeps*
Yousef
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on March 24th, 2013, 7:51 pm

//sobs because it is almost 4 AM and I've just posted a bunch of replies and a starter

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
What if I got the replies mixed up.
Holly cripes that would be awful.

Dear Yahal,

I hope I got my replies right. Thanks man you're awesome.
    Lots of love,
    Yousef

There. All will be well now if I just believe.
Yousef
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on April 2nd, 2013, 4:49 am

Writer's block?
*gross laughter*

I've been feeling down lately. Like, all my good ideas have suddenly gone to a pause. I can IC sure, but my writing feels sloppy and forced. I hate that. My sister's been telling me to not do something when I feel like it's an obligation because it ends up like my school work. Short and soulless.

So I think all them replies I owe are probably going to take a wee longer. I'd apologize to my thread partners but I feel like I'd be nagging them. Ugh. I feel like an annoying whiny little leech when I apologize for these sort of things. My writing isn't even that good so meh. The only thing that keeps me going is my muse and the feeling that I'm contributing to something bigger.

Oh well, time to re-charge my batteries and do something worth while.*fist pumps and throws self to my movie collection*

/Reposts/

*sniffs* I feel disappointed that nobody shares the same feelings I have for this movie, I was really excited to see this and share it with the Avanthal-folk. So I shall repost it in my scraps and love on it on my own ( *cue in Eponine's solo* I love iittttttt, But only on my ooooowwwwwnnnnnnnnn *bawls and thrashes feet* )

My next assignment is to find Yahal's animated version and then dance about it. Yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I've never watched this movie when I was young, so I was really amzed when I saw these gifs. Apparently it's from a movie called The Snow Queen by the Russian animator Snezhnaya Koroleva! And the amazing part is it's a traditional animation made during 1957!

It makes me think of an animated Morwen. * u *

Sources:
  • Tumblr source from my dashboard.
  • Also a youtube link to any body who wants to watch the movie! I haven't watched it yet though, but I'll get to that.
Yousef
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Silarial on April 2nd, 2013, 5:23 am

Hey, hey my dear child! I'm throwing back what you said to me a post or so earlier.
Yousef wrote:Third, dude. Dude. Dude. Breathe, let your brain breathe. Take a break, read a book. Read Fault again, then contemplate on the beauty that is Amsterdam. Read Gaiman, watch a movie. Fill them creative sacs or whatever people call them. You can go over to national lib to write or something. That would help.
So there. Let's play AA now, shall we? *wink wink*

And look at my savvy post count before I tried and cheered you up!

Wonderful, innit? I should have held back on posting those extra 73 words so I could've gotten a 111111. Hmm.

Also, I'm gomen I didn't share in your animated Morwen spazz moment at the OOC. I was busy during that time, but you know that. I'm going to watch the film as soon as I get these replies done! :p

PS. Look it's the gay post box you made man! Do you feel the love from all those sparkles?
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Yousef on April 2nd, 2013, 5:49 am

This is ironic. I should shave my hair to let my brain breathe or something. I just want my Good Omens book man, reading about Armageddon gets my blood boiling yanno?

Also I can't play AA because my mother is around but I can always play Sims?

Heheuheueheuehuehue

111111 WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOVELY WORD COUNT.
GO TO YOUR POSTS AND EDIT SOME THING HURRY! LIKE CHOP OFF 73 WORDS FROM SAND MAN AND MISS FROST. HURRY. DO IT. DO IT NOW.

Please redeem yourself by watching the movie on youtube. Yes. Good.

And now I regret making that gay ass post box. My manly meter is decreasing, I can sense it, my muscles are slowly deflating and my man hair is falling--I am but an empty husk of my once testosterone-filled self. I feel like coding something to make it all better. Oh, and I seem to have destroyed my skype so um, heh.
Yousef
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rain's Crib

Postby Silarial on April 2nd, 2013, 8:28 am

You know that is kind of problematic. Before I submit this post, my word count was 111530, and it would definitely increase as soon as this makes its way to your scraps. Yeah. I may or may have not went out of my way to try that.

And I can see you snickering in that little corner of your room when you posted that pic from tumblr. You've been waiting for the right moment to do this, I can feel it. Don't deny it either. Huehuehuehue.

What have you done with your Skype. This is unacceptable. I don't have a screeching board it's horrible. We still have things to plot! asdfghjkl.

Fine. Just have this short video of Victoria while I go and ponder about my life choices.

What a fine-looking lady.

Yes. You enjoy that. I might just go and take a short nap while you're away watching stuff.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext