Note to self, do not anger tall women. ( Revy)

Xi spends some time etting to knwo the layout of nyjka and as such sets out on a trek around the city to learn about it, and in the process meets a very grouchy woman.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Ximal on March 3rd, 2013, 5:55 pm

12th spring 513AV

Midday had struck and Xi was out in the streets of nyka his hood and cloak risen and drawn, his grame somewhat blanketed beneath the swathing folds of cloth, the heavy robes hiding his form from view however the axes upon hsi back and the bow across his chest stood out quite well. And above all his height marked him as an outsider standing as usual above all of the populace of the city. Xi sighed and kept himself hidden his eye's glanceign around the place looking for anythign they could use as a marker a location a check point. Just something to let him knwo when he'd gone in a large circle so that he could help find his way back. However at the moment. Nothing seemed to leap out at him and he honestly felt like he was just going in circles, however the paintings were indicating that he wasn't as he crossed a quarter into another the paintings upon the walls fo the buildings changed varying massively from one quarter to the next, Xi sighed, this wa getting him nowhere and he wasn't sure exaclty what to do.

ooccrappy starter is crappy do what ya want with it revy

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2013, 7:04 am

A tavern, or something like it, was what the human mercenary needed most right now. She needed sleep, more then anything else. A place to rest her head, which grew heavier by the chime. However.... being in an unknown city, she didn't really know where to go. At least she had a good view, being taller then most people around here. "Bloody hell, where do I start looking for a tavern?", she thought to herself. Asking one of the locals seemed a bad idea, given the looks they gave her.

Venturing deeper into the city, carrying all her stuff with her, she saw something....... out of place. A tree of a guy. "What the...... How the petch does anyone grow that tall?", she thought to herself, quite amazed at the giant's size. Revy knew that she was big, but this guy just...... he was just too big. The bad thing was, he looked just like your regular Nykan, with those clothes. "Ugh, hoped that this guy could at least show me the way to a tavern. But if he's Nykan, then he'll be just like these staring people."

The packed human woman made her way down the street, passing by the giant. If one doesn't know their way, go straight 'till you find something. Easy policy and it usually worked as most stuff should be in a central location. She didn't realize that this tree of a guy followed her. Heck, most people would follow her, given the fact that she pretty much looked like a walking armory. Why would anyone carry that many weapons on themselves...... except the myrians, but they were a case apart.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 4th, 2013, 7:26 am

Xi glanced around him the sheer scale of nyka after somewhere like the spires still did a number on him, the patterns and variance in all of the paintings and symbols, but oddly the architecture was all uniformly unique. Still something stood out amongst the crowd forcing Xi to abandon his search for points of interest and instead go after the living armoury. It was rare Xi saw anyone quite so heavily weaponed up as he was. Which left him with a case of interest and intrigue. "Excuse me. But could you tell me why your quite so heavily well...geared for war ? As far as i know this is a pretty peaceful city, so could you please tell me why ?" Xi kept a reasonable distance from revy but in his mind due to both the height and the fact that he couldn't see her front he had no idea whether she was male or female.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2013, 8:48 am

Revy had aimed to go down the road she was already walking at, but somehow someone just talked to her. "Huh? Who the heck are you and why would I even bother answering to you? As far as I recall, I have no obligation to reveal why I carry and what my purpose is here, right? So would you be so kind as to piss off. I am NOT in the mood for company right now, I am just looking for a tavern.", she snapped at him.

The mercenary hadn't even turned around as she snapped. Why would she? It would only serve to delay her and that made her even grumpier. She wanted to sleep, even if she was going to be plagued by nightmares. Not having been able to sleep for two days in a row already was taking a toll on her. At some points it was getting worse enough for her to hallucinate a little. What she saw then were faceless people cursing her for taking away their beloved. Her dreams were usually about this, but having it happen even during the times she was awake was really eating away at her.

"Tired, need to sleep.", she thought to herself. Of course, she had started to hallucinate again a little, but the upset that happened at Syliras was still fresh on her mind. What she saw wasn't real, she knew that much. What she usually did was repeat a single thought: "It's not real, it's all in my mind." Usually it worked, but there were times where the hallucinations were a bit more persistent. At those times she usually broke down and huddled together, repeating the thought over and over again while she covered her ears with her hands, which didn't help much.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 4th, 2013, 9:16 am

Jeez bite my head off for asking a question. Xi tilted his head lightly beneath the cloak and glared at her. Before walking around to stand infront of her, the huge vastness of his frame coupled with the intimidating presence he'd been building up emanating off of him. He'd asked a question and his prior wok as a guard had often told him that no answers were bad answers. What the heck did this person need that much weaponry for? His history was now getting the better of him as he stared down at this person. "I asked you a question , that is why i expect an answer." Xi kept his eye's fixed on her. Mostly to make sure she knew he was serious, partially to watch incase she took a wing at him, after all she wan't exactly the best natured of people. Her earlier outburst had signalled that well enough.

A slow deep breath filled his lungs as beneath his cloak's shroud he clenched his fists tightly. There was a slight air of tension mounting now. "And you don't exactly have to know who i am to be able to answer a simple question with a simple courtesy. That and the tavern is to west of here." Why was it so difficult dealing with people he'd never med before? Most either just ignored him or told him to go petch himself. Then again there were a few who'd been somewhat accepting of him from the beginning. Little known to the person before him Xi was already in one of his fighting stances beneath his cloak, looking almost perfectly the same as just a person standing normally though his arms were slightly bent but theis was shrouded mostly due to his cloak.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2013, 9:56 am

This guy thought he was intimidating? The mercenary had met several more intimidating and larger men back in Sunberth, so his posture didn't scare her at all. The feeling of him glaring at her made her glare back just as hard. Why was this guy so persistent? Couldn't he tell that she didn't want to deal with him? She just wanted to go to sleep, was it that hard to just allow her to do something without much hassle? Back in Syliras the same thing had happened, with rather........ bad consequences.

"Dude, just piss off. I ain't in the mood to hang around and deal with ya. I've beat up guys bigger and heavier then you, so don't think I'd be a pushover.", she said as she walked past him. Revy totally ignored what he said about the location of the tavern, she wouldn't accept his help even if it'd cost her the whole day to find the establishment.

"Ugh, my eyelids feel so heavy. Gotta find a bed fast.", she thought to herself. Everything she was carrying started to weigh her down. It didn't feel as heavy before, but with the lack of sleep taking it's toll, it started to feel heavier by the chime. What did she ever do to deserve this? It's not like she was murdering people for a profession..... well partially, but not like an assassin would. She just had to kill people if they threatened the contractor, or his/her stuff.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 4th, 2013, 10:24 am

What was with this person why couldn't she just answer him and he'd be on his way. What exactly are they trying to hide ? Why would somebody need all that gear and then try to push past...They just barged past me! She barged past him almost completely ignoring him and her comment didn't go un-noticed whether, she'd beaten up people bigger and heavier than him. Heavier he'd concede was possible but taller? he doubted that, the failed rebuttle was not exactly something eh was fond of. He didn't think that they'd be a push over instead from the way they were acting alone reminded him a lot of how he used to act back in sunberth. "Hey i asked you a question, and your not going anywhere until i get an answer." Xi snapped his arm out to try and grab hold of her wrist to keep them there until they answered his question. Surprisingly quick for his size. He snaked out his arm and lashed for her wrist sharply. This would probably earn him a form of returned fire but then again he was used to fighting and all he'd wanted was an answer. Why she wasn't giving him one he didn't know.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2013, 10:49 am

Revy had almost made it past him, when she felt something like an iron vice lock around her wrist. She just instantly stopped at that moment. Now he'd done it. Revy was pissed, extremely pissed. She didn't even bother to warn him and just drew her sword with her free and dominant hand. This guy was in for trouble, as Revy didn't care about anything but beating him up anymore.

Having drawn her weapon, she then thrust the tip straight at the wrist of this giant behind her. The only sign easy to notice was when she lifted her elbow in preperation of the thrust. Either the guy let go in time, or he'd feel his wrist being hit.... hard, because she put in almost all of her strength.

In both cases, he'd have to let go allowing Revy to turn around and just look at him with an icy look. "You messed with the wrong person, mate. Don't think you'll be getting out without any wounds.", she threatened him as she dropped the backpack from her shoulders with her now free hand. After that, she loosened the belts holding her glaive and greatsword on her shoulders, having them drop from her back from behind the shield, before she grabbed that same shield with her left hand.

After having put her arm through the straps and grabbing the handle, she raised it defensively before her, covering her torso and the upper parts of her legs. She held the longsword with her other hand, arm stretched, tip of the sword pointing downwards and away from her own body. "Please, don't go easy on me, because I most certainly will not go easy on a bastard like you.", she said rather cold, but with a slight hint of pent up anger.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 4th, 2013, 11:08 am

Xi'd finally gotten her to stop, breathing deeply he might now finally get an answer to his question. However, there was something off, isntead of answering instead he saw her shoulder move. The moment looked like she was, oh crap. Xi snapped his hand back out of the way of her sword. Why did it always turn out like this ? Xi took a half step back and watched as her pack of weapons fell from her and her shield slid onto her arm. Xi fell back a step and observed. So she was fighting sword and shield against him, and that thing looked dangerous. Xi however took a deep breath and slid his cloak back when he lifted his arms to revel the seer staggering array of axes around his middle but chose to take her on with what he knew best. His hands. Bringing his left up to act like a guard over his heart and his right to his side. He left what looked like a major opening for her sword. Weighing up the situation he heard her speak again this time more annoyed saying he massed with the wrong person, and that he wouldn't be getting away without being wounded. Or the fact that they wouldn't be going easy on him. Xi's voice changes slightly now from the questioning to the serious.

"Put the weapons down and no-body has to get hurt. if you dont. Then this is going to end badly for you. " Xi took a few seconds to allow her to consider his proposal and when she didn't Xi twisted the hand at his side and brought his fist over with a turn of his midriff a rotation of his shoulders and a slamming rotation of his wrist, amplifying his natural force and drilling an exceedingly hard punch into the wooden wall that covered her left arm. He didn't use flux but that technique even without flux hit like a bull oxiodalipus, the tech was mainly for attention refocusing as next would come his true intent. Having closed the gap he then focused his attention on her weapon brining his other hand from below to strike the pommel of her sword with his second gauntlet covered hand. A sweeping uppercut, aided with the retraction of his right arm. His balance and ability to stay on his feet at that angle almost logic defying. If that blow to her sword it it would send it racing out of her hands if it hit her arm...then that was going to hurt like nothing else. "You should have put the weapons down."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2013, 11:43 am

The man was fast, she gave him that, and observant. She was almost sure she'd hit his wrist with that attack. But alas, it didn't connect. He was big and fast, this was going to prove a bit more difficult then she had first anticipated. She didn't realize even once how badly she underestimated this giant.

"Myri, stand by me. This battle is for you.", she though to herself as she dedicated this battle to her. The guy then revealed his rather large arsenal of weapons, but apparently he didn't want to use them. "So those weapons are only for show. Sheesh, what a showoff. Let's hurt that ego of his by.....", she thought but then saw the man preparing a punch.

Sliding her right foot backwards, putting herself right behind her shield and making it able to brace herself properly against that attack, she saw the blow coming. And then it connected..... and man did she feel it. How could one have that much power? It felt like her arm was about to give out. The blow reverberated throughout her arm and into her shoulder. On top of the pain in her arm, she also noticed that she had moved backwards from the blow.

Only then she noticed the second blow. "Bloody.....", she thought as she tried her best to avoid it by arcing herself backwards. Still the tip of her jaw got hit by that steel-clad fist.
Pain sprouted from the connected point and she tasted metal inside her mouth. On top of that, she had messed up her balance and stumbled backwards. At least she avoided having her jaw broken.
Spitting out the bit of blood she had in her mouth, she took some distance. "Ok, recap. He is fast, has quite a bit of strength and is not just some random jackass pub-fighter.", she thought to herself. "How to deal with this.... oh right, what he can't see, he can't react to.", she thought to herself as she shifted position. Now she used the shield to cover her torso, shoulders and part of her upper legs. This way she also hid how she held her longsword and how she was going to attack.

She then set in her own attack, just after having backed off and shifting position, and rushed forward. The closer she got, the further behind her shield she ducked and just before she reached him, she raised her shield overhead, hiding herself from view from above and swung her sword upwards. "Let's see how he reacts to this.", she thought, fully expecting the man to have one way or another to avoid having his groin ripped open.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next