Meeting In The Night [Eida]

Lexa is gazing up at the stars when she meets someone unexpected, and beautiful

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Lexa Maze on March 5th, 2013, 2:41 pm

02 Spring, 513 AV

Lexa lay on the grass. Her backpack was under her head acting as a not terribly comfortable pillow. Her body was relaxed, and her eyes were wide open. They darted around the night sky above her head. The stars seemed so close, yet logic told her how far away they must be. They were beautiful. Lexa loved the nighttime. It was peaceful. Lexa had set up camp long ago. She wanted to lay here forever, and have the sun not rise. She couldn't sleep. Behind the relaxation was loneliness. As much as she didn't trust people, she couldn't deny that fact that she needed them. She needed human interaction. Or social interaction. Of course there were many more races out there than just human.

Lexa sighed, and sat, reaching inside her pack for her keepsake. The small, blunt throwing star that reminded her of her late mother. She turned it over in her hands and remembered everything about her. She shouldn't have died. Lexa could feel a lone tear trickle down her cheek. When she noticed it, she made a bemused sound. She never cried. She was too busy trying to survive, and train and be stronger than she was. I was like the eye of the storm. lexa put away the object and sat up. She knew it was fairly late, but she just didn't feel tired tonight. This was odd, Lexa usually slept like a baby.

Lexa stood and went to reignite the dying embers of her fire so she could sit around it. It was a cool night. The edge of winter was still in the air. She tossed some wood into the pit and got a blaze going. Her eyes were dry now, but she had that empty feeling inside her gut. Loneliness. Once she had the fire going strong she lay back down near by and kept looking at those far away pinpricks of light.

NOTE: I will be very in-active for a little while due to some things going on in the real world, but I won't be gone forever. I'll be back and swinging soon!
Lexa Maze
I fight. It's all I know.

Words: 75400
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 9:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Eida on March 5th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Second night of the spring. Eida was still sad a bit but she felt better now. However she wanted to wander around the trees without her kelvic friend now. She had to think clearly now. The moon was up. Leth's light guided Eida as always within the trees. And his light gave her energy. She was just walking and thinking and didn't see any animal along the road. It was strange for her because usually at that time she could see owls at least. After some minutes she saw someone. It wasn't an animal though, she was a girl. She was staring and the sky while she was lying on the grass. Eida suddenly stopped. She wasn't sure to go there. She didn't know anyone but Arckhebohn. Although she was glad she could meet with someone else. A new bond could be made. She went slowly closer to the girl and sat down next to her. She was careful to not hid her sight.

"Beautiful isn't it? Leth shines upon us. Can you feel his warmth? Can feel him at all? He shows our road always at nights." She always started her conversations to talk about the Moon and his light. It was like a little prayer from her. " I'm Eida daughter and priestess of Leth. I didn't know anyone in the wilds only my dear friend. What's your name ? "

She asked it with a joy in her heart. She didn't know what the night was awaiting for her.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lexa Maze on March 6th, 2013, 12:28 am

Lexa was in such a daze that she didn't see the girl sit next to her. She did it so silently, the grass hardly moved. Lexa sat upright very quickly when she spoke, horrified shed let someone sleek up on her. Her first instinct was to go for her knife but she looked at the girl first, and stopped. Lexa's mouth was agape. Whatever this creature was, she was beautiful. She was the purest looking soul she had ever seen. Her eyes were violet, her hair was a shimmering silvery blue, and her skin was fair, and clear. and the strangest silver horns protruded past the lengths of her slightly wavy hair. Lexa suddenly had the urge to reach out and touch one, but she held back.

The girl was now speaking to her. Was this just some totally weird dream? She'd never seen a creature like this. Let alone one that would just walk up to some plain looking girl with messy hair.

She spoke of the moon, and of the god, Leth. Lexa knew nothing of this god. She didn't really know much of any god. She made herself nod at her first question. The night was Lexa 's favourite time of day. She loved the stars and the moon. Then she said her name and that she was the daughter and priestess of Leth. That sure sounded prestigious.

Lexa shook her head and stopped acting like a gormless fool and finally said "L-lexa" she stuttered "my name is Lexa" it was so strange but it was impossible for her to be negative her usual harsh demeanour had evaporated. "And I'm, well I'm nobody special" She shook her head "What are you?" She said, it did not even occur to her that this was probably the rudest was she could have asked that question.

NOTE: I will be very in-active for a little while due to some things going on in the real world, but I won't be gone forever. I'll be back and swinging soon!
Lexa Maze

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Eida on March 6th, 2013, 3:00 pm

She smiled at the girl who was staring at her first. She saw how Lexa looked how was she looked like one by one. She touched her own horns. They were like a little decoration, like a tiara or crown for them. She never really thought about that before. She didn't even care for it. She only she had them and that was enough. She again looked up to Leth. She let her horns with her hands.

"Oh these! They are just horns. You can touch it for a bit if you want and if it's strange for you. "

Eida offered. She then listenned her. Lexa. And she is a nobody. She took a look back to her. She couldn't believe somebody would say that. She tried to cheer her up. Even Leza was suspicious toward her Eida remained kind and gentle with her. Eida knew and thought she was scared. She couldn't help she was a bit scared too but she was excited as well.

" I'm an ethaefal! I'm changing everyday and night like Leth changes too. And don't be like that. Everyone is someone. Even somebody who passed is someone. Even a spirit is someone. Even these trees are somethings. We need to find our role in this world and try to protect those who we loves the most. Lexa, why do you think these things about yourself?"

She asked it and she looked at the girls too how did she look like. Black eyes and hair as black as her dearest raven. She was slim and she noticed a little scar which was running on her left shoulder. She didn't want to stare at it because it may hurt her. She again looked up at the Moon.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lexa Maze on March 6th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Eida must have seen her looking at the horns on her head, for she smiled warmly and offered them to her to touch, tilting her head so she could reach. Lexa hesitated, but brought her right hand up to touch one, silvery horn. It was smooth, and strange. They curved and twisted once, and ended in a point. What was she doing? She drew back her hand quickly, bringing it instead to rest in her left hand, that lay on her lap. By now, normally she would have become defensive. Maybe this Leth, this father of hers was changing her. But it may be all Eida that made her relax.

Lexa looked back up at the moon with new wonder, but soon her gaze fell back on the woman who sat nearby her. She looked concerned, befuddled at what Lexa had said. Why was it so hard for her to believe? Here Eida was, and Ethae..fal, Ethaefal, She did know what that was, she'd just never seen one. What was she doing out here sitting next to Lexa?

Role in this world... protect those who we love most. Lexa had already failed at that, and she lacked anybody that would enable her another chance at succeeding. Lexa pondered how to answer the question. If it had been somebody different, she would have told them to mind their own petching business, by now.

She did know why it was that she though herself so low. She was brought up that way. The only way to earn herself a higher status had been to triumph against another in physical, and violent confrontations. To become strong. She had always been at the bottom. And when she was finally free of all that, all she'd done was let her mother be killed.

Lexa's brow crinkled as she struggled to find the words that she couldn't say to anyone. "I just haven't done anything worth a damn." Lexa said at last, somewhat bitterly. She sunk into silence again, not knowing what to say. She felt too open, too unguarded, and so she would panic, and close up again. This was her cycle. She didn't look at Eida, instead she looked anywhere but Eida. If she looked at her, her warmth, her kindness would coax her to relax her guard, pull down her defences.

Lexa Maze

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Eida on March 9th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Eida let Lexa to touch her horns. After that she listenned to her. Anything worth. It was revolving in her thoughts. She had to help her. She wanted to light her hope too. She was thinking. She looked at the moon. Eida closed her eyes and she still smiled.

"You are so young. You have time for anything. Don't give up now. Everything comes to in order. It's part of the cycle. Let me show you something and I tell you something."

She stood up and turned toward the forest. She walked to the "entrance" of it and she looked back at the girl. She winked at her. Eida already forgot about sadness she had before. That night passed. She had to move on and help. The wind was playing with her hair a bit. She waited for the girl who were lying on the grass. She was so sure she can help her.

"Come with me! I won't harm you, but if you feel you are not safe in these wilds with me bring your weapons. I don't care just don't be afraid. The wilds can offer wonderful, misterious things you wouldn't believe. But of course I won't force you. What do you say, Lexa? "
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lexa Maze on March 9th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Lexa's heart leapt into her throat. She felt as though resisting the woman's comfort was hurting her. She wanted to let someone into her life. It was too much, being alone. Trying to be as strong emotionally as she was physically was difficult, which was why she had created her defences, to stop people prying them open, like Eida was doing now. She couldn't save her mother, what if she were to let someone in, and lose them to? It may shatter her.

Lexa felt so open, but this woman. Eida. She was like an angel. "I have time for anything..." She repeated, looking at her hands, and opening and closing them in front of her face. She sat up slowly and crossed her legs as the Ethaefal got gracefully to her feet, and asked Lexa to let her show her something, and to tell her something. Whatever it was, Lexa wanted to see it, wanted to hear it. It could only be good coming from one with such kind eyes.

Lexa's black eyes followed Eida across the clearing. She watched her smile grow even warmer. Her silvery blue hair swayed in the wind, a few strands caressing her cheeks. Lexa's hair was coarse, and messy, and she felt almost self-conscious. Eida winked at her and spoke again. This time Lexa stood. On her face was an expression of wonderment. She dropped her katana, and dropped her knives. She looked up at the moon, which seemed to be shining on the both of them, more than anywhere else. It was hard for her, but she felt like it was appropriate to go unarmed, to give her trust... to what? To the night? That sounded pretty crazy, but she had made the action now, and couldn't reverse it. "Okay." She said. She walked over to where the Etheafal stood. "I'll follow you." She told her

Lexa Maze

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Eida on March 19th, 2013, 4:35 pm

OOCsorry a bit late...
Eida was walking around the forest. It was dark there and silent. It could be scary. But she had already used to it. But an owl was making noises. She looked up to tree's branches. She couldn't see well only form but there was one. The hunt is on for it. She looked down because she was sure there will be a rodent there. She saw one.

"Hmm a vole. The owl's going to hunt for it. That's the circle. Like we have some role in that circle even we won't be eaten by something."

She said back then she walked further. The owl flew down and catched the vole. She didn't look back to it. Not like she couldn't watch it but it's a usual night for her. Animals eat others. While they were wandering around the trees Eida was thinking. She needed to show Lexa in the nature somehow that she was SOMEONE. The owl and the mouse wouldn't be the best for it. Eida had to ask Lexa politely what happened to her so she can understood the situation she was in.

" Lexa. While you are checking the nature I would ask you something. Don't have to awsner if you don't want to. But I want to help anyway to get your hope and sight back. What happened with you? Why do you think you are nobody? A nobody wouldn't be there. "

She asked it and looked up to sky. The stars were shining along with the Moon. But the shine couldn't come to them through the trees' leaves. If she could understand her God's way she could understand Lexa's way too. Nothing is hard if we watch and listen carefully.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lexa Maze on March 20th, 2013, 1:06 pm

OOCNo worries :)

Lexa followed the ethaefal through the night. She observed the owl take its prey as well, but didn't dwell on it. She barely even heard the woman speak, as she mentioned the natural, and common occurrence in the night. The night was cool, calm, and pretty normal. But this woman, this lovely person was getting too close to her secrets with her softly spoken, well meaning questions.

She spoke, and Lexa knew she could only ever mean to help her with her prying, but still, she was not inclined to speak about something like that. It was difficult. Lexa knew the answer to Eida's question. She knew as soon as Eida finished asking. But she wasn't ready to admit this... even to herself. It was her father. He had made her feel useless her entire life. She hated that, even after he was six feet under ground, that he still had that effect on her. That she wasn't good enough. She was clumsy. Weak. Hopeless. And then Alar had taken his place, and She had finally gotten up the courage to leave, to run away to Sylirus with her mother in toe. And for once she was able to be happy.

Of course it didn't last. Alar followed them, he took the only person in the world that thought well of her, and he killed her. Lexa couldn't stop him. She had been a child. She had been wounded. But even so, she had run. She was the reason behind her mothers death.

Without warning, Lexa felt a stabbing pain overwhelm her and almost unconsciously, tears slid down her cheeks. She wiped at them furiously, livid with herself for losing control. "I couldn't protect the one person who loved me. The one person in my life that loved a wreck like me. My own mother, and I couldn't save her." Lexa was speaking loudly, angrily. "Thats why i'm useless, because I should be dead. Not her. Me" Turned away from Eida "I have no purpose." She said quietly now "There is no reason for me to be her." Her fist clenched, and then relaxed.

Lexa feel to the grass, and sat there with her legs drawn up to her chest "Its a feat indeed, getting that out of me." Lexa managed a dry chuckle, but didn't turn to face Eida again "Well played."

Lexa Maze

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Eida on March 27th, 2013, 9:29 am

She realized they couldn't walk any further now. She turned to Lexa and listenned her. So sad. Eida didn't know how to respond. She sat on the grass too and used her mind for a solution. Maybe she should talk about something about herself. She had to calm Lexa down and get his trust. The wind became wilder and temperature went a bit down. The ethaefal hold her own arms to warm up a bit. She started to tell her story in a little. She believed Lexa could get a bit hope from it. The light of hope.

"So... you know I'm the daughter of Leth an Ethaefal. I'm changing like himself by day, by night. Not only in mental but my form. I'm a symenestra at Syna's light and I'm in my ethaefal form at Leth's light. I lost my memory of my past, I only have shard of it I can't get it back. I felt the loss in my heart after my fall... my rebirth... But not anymore. I found a new purpose and found a great friend in my life. Even I was lost in the beginning I could find my way."

Said and she looked at the moon. She always had a joy in her heart when at least Leth was there with her. She sighed and asked Lexa what happened. She could get some information and could help her to move on.

"Lexa everything can be fixed. What happened with you? And when did it happen? Don't forget you are not useless... You have a hard time now but you can find your ways."
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next