Memories and Reunions [Revy/Ana/Xi]

Follow on frome 'Note To Self'

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 2:33 pm

It took some time for the mercenary to even begin to calm herself down, to burn herself out. As she lay there, Revy’s head upon her chest and fingers sifting through her purple colored hair, she wondered if this was what she had looked like – whether she had sounded the same or even reacted the same. The memories didn’t exist for her, despite them being moments ago. All she could remember was how she had felt, still felt, but not what she had done. She could imagine, make guesses perhaps, but what physical and verbal exchanges that there had been she would probably never know. Still, try as she might she could not stop Revy’s sorrow, torn open as it was, from affecting her.

A sad tale, one which many in Sunberth who were raised there have experienced. We learnt, long ago, that life is nothing if not cruel she told herself as she bowed her head and tried to stem her own tears once more. She succeeded a little, reducing it to a single streak down her cheek this time.

There was little point in denying what seemed to be held deep within her soul, it had been exposed to her now. Still, she was too tired to think about it at that juncture and instead opted for the simple activity of trying to comfort an old friend – perhaps more in time. They had parted on amicable terms, had exchanged some brief physicalities that even now confused and rattled her. She had been invincible before, an impenetrable fortress. Now her walls had begun to crumble around her, the mental barriers rotting and cracking. All it had taken were a few chimes, nothing more. A few chimes and the right confluence of circumstance and she had been brought low.

I will need to learn from that, hopefully whilst not losing another…friend. Revy is right about one thing though, that….vajik will pay. How, though, will wait for now she sighed to herself as she rested her cheek upon Revy’s head, leaning into the other woman for comfort of her own.

The other woman had begun to calm down now, the shaking of her entire body subsiding until all that was left was sluggishness. She stared outward, looking at Zandelia several times before looking away again as if trying to understand the situation she was in. Zandelia wondered if she had ever cried before, at least since she had stopped being a child – or had it robbed from her more accurately. The stares were vacant now and the eyelids began to droop with tiredness. Zandelia smiled down at her and lent forwards to give her one, slightly lingering, kiss upon the lips before pushing her down and forcing her to rest.

It was not overly long before such an effect crept up on Zandelia herself, pinned as she was under the arm of the mercenary beside her. She could not go anywhere else, was not entirely sure she would be able to survive anywhere else. She simply let the moments tick by until she too was asleep.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jester on April 14th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Thread Graded!!

Zand :
XP Awarded
  • +1 Intelligence
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +2 Storytelling
  • +1 Planning
  • +1 Observation

Lores Awarded
  • Every Day I'm Contractin'
  • Revy Returns
  • Everything I Touch
  • 100 Neilles=1 Revy

Revy :
XP Awarded
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +2 Storytelling
  • +1 Observation

Lores Awarded
  • The Center of Attention
  • Ana's Mental Jabs
  • Zand is Speechless
  • Speaking of Murder

Ximal :
XP Awarded
  • +2 Escape Artist
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +2 Observation

Lores Awarded
  • An Uncomfortable Situation
  • Zand Loses Her Cool
  • Playing Janitor

Ana :
XP Awarded
  • +1 Investigation
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores Awarded
  • Pushing the Sister Button
  • Damage is Done
  • Wrong Words Prove Correct

Notes :
  • Interesting...Very interesting. Somewhat confused about how Ana/Neilles plays into this, though perhaps that's because I haven't read her backstory... IS she Revy's sister, and Revy just thinks she's dead and looked like Ana? I really didn't get that part from just this snippet of the larger story.

"The difference between a jester and a fool is that the jester knows he's a jester"

DISCLAIMER: If you think I have been foolish in grading your thread, don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to take another look at anything you feel is in error, but keep in mind the other Storytellers and I have final say.

Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous