Memories and Reunions [Revy/Ana/Xi]

Follow on frome 'Note To Self'

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Zandelia on March 10th, 2013, 1:56 am

Spring 12th, 513 AV – The Safe Haven Hostel

As Zandelia made her way back to her home base, or rather her boarding house of sorts, she reasoned that the day had gone particularly well so far. Nothing of terrible note had occurred and her moves towards building a series of contacts, however small they might have been so far, were beginning to come together. She had precious little of solidity to her name in Nyka so far, however after a mere 9 days she had not expected much more than she already had. In actuality she had gained more than she had suspected to in such a small portion of time. She was now known by face, if not by her true name, by a good half-dozen people she had concluded were ideally placed for her endeavors. A few were stall holders, one an entertainer, a bartender and more.

Enough to make some headway at least. The Monks are impossibilities right now, but with time…who knows? The last time I was here I met a bloody Protohuman for Akajia’s sake! This city is full of surprises she told herself as she walked slowly, almost meandering in her relaxed cheer.

She wore her red dress today, gold patterning cutting across the vibrant red in a simple yet endearing lattice-like pattern. She had not worn dresses in some years now but she was beginning to get used to them, even enjoy them after a fashion. Nominally she wore the rippling, clingy velvet garments as a way of blending in and showing a willing for Nykan culture – a fact that bred at least a little endearment towards her foreign sight from some. Yet, she had to admit as she brushed herself down and felt the soft textures beneath her palm, she was beginning to enjoy the frivolity of it. It was nice to be seen as a woman for once, rather than a grubby mercenary who could never be considered beautiful.

“Not that I can ever really be beautiful with this scar. Though,” she reasoned wryly as a few men whistled to her as she passed them, “my bust seems to get me more attention these days”

She ignored the vulgar gestures and assertive words as she flowed back into the Celestial Square and towards the door of the Safe Haven Hostel, she was beginning to tire and by the rumbling of her stomach she was due some food to fill it. She could not purchase any, not even illegally as there was no market for it. She had tried to apply for citizenship but had yet to hear back upon the matter – she doubted that she would. Still, she got enough food to survive in her lodgings and that was what mattered most. In a way the rigid diet was a boon to her, it forced her to harden her body as well as the fact it cost her very little indeed. She pushed her way into the Hostel, gloved hands deftly closing the door behind her without a sound.

“Good evening Vysia!” she called to the female Monk, always courteous and congenial towards her provider.

“Amelias,” the Monk returned with, “that friend of yours…the man. He brought a little parcel back with him. Some female warrior slung in his arms like a saved damsel. I hope there’s no funny business going on here” the frown Zandelia got was serious, pointed and meaningful.

“Would I do that to you Vysia?’

“I know what you’re like. Just make sure they behave themselves. I gave her a room opposite his, was the only one free” Vysia waved her away with a small smile, she was beginning to warm to Zandelia now – even if just by a little. It was all a gain as far as she was concerned.

“You can count on it. I’ll be the first to thump him if there is. Promise” she finished, making her way towards the stairs, ascending them whilst holding her skirts up with one hand.

She made her way towards Ximal’s room, she knew its location and the location of every one of her comrades resting places. She felt that she needed to if she was going to ever have a hope of helping them at all. Knowing where they were most vulnerable was the best place to start, for both positive and negative reasons – depending upon one’s perspectives. It meant she could both protect and harm, where appropriate and that was of greatest importance. If you didn’t know your friends weaknesses then you could never know where to strike if they turned on you and neutralize any possible threats. She pushed the door opposite his open sharply, stepping into the room smoothly before he could throw her out.

“So I hear you’ve found yourself a bed partner, just to let…you…know…” she began, her words dying as who that person was sunk its teeth into her mind.

“REVY?!” she almost shouted, knees feeling weak and stumbling to her right a little, arm stretching out to catch against the wall to brace herself and force her back into a fully standing position.

“When? How? What the-?” she asked, the questions jumbling together until her tongue could not work properly.

She had not been unable to speak, on any subject she liked, since her days as a slave. Now, however, she was absolutely speechless as the world turned upside down and the past flooded back to her as if it were yesterday.

Last edited by Zandelia on March 10th, 2013, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 10th, 2013, 10:42 am

The mercenary was about to retort to this giant, that she would most certainly protect Zandelia if need be, when she heard someone on the hallway. She was just gonna wait for them to pass, before she'd go and rant at this albino akalak. However, she hadn't expected for that person to enter her room, even less of it being Zandelia.

Hearing her say that Ximal found himself a bedpartner at first, just set Revy's face aflame. If it were any other regular person, she would've just beaten them up, but hearing Zand say that.... made her feel embarrassed. She didn't want to be anyone's bedpartner..... at least not anyone besides Zand. "Zand...... it's not what you think. He just knocked my legs out....", she tried to defend herself.

Revy's mind was slightly in a state of panic now. She thought that this situation looked really bad. What should she do to explain herself fully? And why did Zand look so much better then in her memories? She just couldn't tear her eyes off the woman in the dress anymore. It was as if Ximal wasn't there and the room was just for the two of them.

oocZand, you got the wrong room. Revy's in the one across the hall. xD
Also, Revy wasn't slung over the shoulder there, but carried as a bride.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 10th, 2013, 11:03 am

Xi'd almost finished asking questions when heard the click of the door. Who in the...Then the voice, oh dear gods why did it have to be her...Xi sucked down a breath and took a half step back. And almost winced as she spoke, saying something about a bed partner...Xi shot her a look that screamed out "you cannot be serious." Then the near shout, Xi'd rarely if ever seen zand loose her composure but right now she was slowly dissolving into a babbeling idiot in front of him. The sensation felt...Odd. And especially foreign, however the bright red tint on revy's face made him feel the same compulsion of oddness. Two very hardened women had almost completely shed their composed and tough composures, zand damn near breaking down and revy blushing like a maid at the mere mention of certain events.

Xi just stood back observing the situation, feeling somewhat out of place. A strange situation had begun to develop and Xi was slowly becoming the wall flower which was probably for the best. But Xi thought he'd probably better chip in and back revy up in the very least. "Zand in all the time you've known me have i ever been one to do something like that ? Honestly, she's telling the truth i sort of damaged her back a little. She should be alright by tomorrow. But i'll just be taking my leave now and i'll let you two have your..."moment". Xi's beard had suddenly grown itchy, and as he brought his hand up to smooth it he edged towards the door. His gauntlets still on just in case Zand didn't believe him and attempted to take a swing at him.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on March 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Blackness, darkness, that was all her body felt, that was all she could see as she had her head leaned back in blissful silence. Her feet propped up on the desk in her room, and the chair tilted back so she was leaning backwards; it was late in the day, and she was sleeping in. It was such a rare occurence that she was allowed to sleep untroubled by her dreams, nightmares, or the gnawing activity flittering about in her mind like birds with seeds thrown across the grid of her mind. Her body shifted back and forth very slowly, a slow rhythem to her sleep as she rocked herself to and fro on two chair legs. Ana would have slept longer if she could, but it was light and easily disturbed, and she was somewhat aware of her surroundings.

"REVY?!"

The word caused her to jolt from her sleep, body and mind snapping awake at the familliar voice and the dreadfully familliar word "I'M UP!"

The small thief shouted in case it had been just a scare tactic.

Ana had little time to think of it, her body was twisting and tilting backwards dangerously as she free fell, and the chair was falling. With a loud thump to the ground, a crash was more like it, Ana layed on the floor somewhat mangled and slightly dazed by the suddeness her nerves had been pinched. Groaning in pain, she felt her face rub against the stone of the floor, the roughness indenting itself into her skin as red welts. Her head spun as she turned to lay on her front, eyes opening blearily at her surroundings, she was confused at what had just happened. It took her a few moments to hall herself up and upright the chair she had been previously sleeping in, or rather on, she hoped it wouldn't be too banged up after that.

Curiously she opened her door and made her way to the commotion, hair bed raggled, and eyes half open, clothes all a tussle from the passionate meeting previously had with the floor, and her body. Rubbing her face, she tried to ease some of the tension that had built up in her neck and face, the fall had certainly put her out of whack- why she must have been seeing things. There was Revy, on a bed, and there was Zandelia looking pretty as ever in a dress; two abnormal things, Ana stared at them. Blinking, she tried to process the situation, her mind taking a dull note of Ximal being in the room as well, inching to the wall " 'wassup.. 'was happenin' Zands..?"

The question was harmless enough, and she couldn't help but feel this was a hallucination of hers, she narrowed her eyes at a certain purple haired mercenary, suspicion laced in her face quite clearly. This was certainly a wake up call.

"...Dear gods..." Ana breathed out, snapping out of her stupor easily enough.

She pointed at the mercenary, body tightening as she stared in disbelief, eyes widening as she couldn't believe who she was seeing at this moment, her voice boomed with a single word "YOU!"
Last edited by Ana Sol Starris on March 10th, 2013, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 10th, 2013, 7:16 pm

The situation was becoming stranger as the moments progressed, time marching onwards and the world wouldn’t make sense to her no matter how hard she tried to make it to. How long had it been since she had seen the female mercenary, her grumpy temperament and her beautiful face. Two years she knew, almost two years since she had procured her services as a sword and gained more than what she had bargained for. She had held her close in her memory, and her heart, strange though it was to think upon it. Yet at the same time, as the seasons had turned and passed, with no sight of her return she had also given her up as lost in the jungles she had so avidly wished to traverse. No, she had no more expected Revy to ever return than she had expected the Sun to stop shining in the sky – her conversation with Gregor notwithstanding.

How I want to kiss you, to thump you and to…wait…Ximal what? her mind finally caught up with the conversation enough to process the words and their meanings.

“You did what?” she rounded on the retreating Ximal, inching his way towards the exit as her fury unleashed itself upon him for want of a better target to vent her emotions upon, “I’ll show you putting someone’s bloody back out you over-muscled, brute force loving little…” she stalked towards him, left hand snaking out to grip his clothing firmly in her clutches.

She raised her right fist, bringing it back in preparation for a solid strike at his skull, anger seeking to beat some sense into the petching thing. It didn’t get far as another voice made its way into the fray, a voice she had not considered and which – in truth – would have made the entire scenario easier to deal with if it had not arrived unannounced. Only Ximal would have seen the flash of uncertainty cross her expression, the slightly nervous lick of her lips as her wrath dissipated, cold water thrown over it, and her fist fell to her side slowly until it stayed at her hip – limp. She let go of Ximal’s clothing and patted them down, her gaze hard and flinty, daring him to say anything about what he had seen.

“You, stay here. You might be useful for once” she hissed at him, turning away from him as Neilles entered the room, to all accounts looking as if she had just got out of bed.

Why couldn’t she have stayed there? Dira you really want my arse today don’t you? she cursed the world mentally, forlornly hoping that nothing would be told about the past season to the mercenary in the bed, she desperately wished to talk to her alone and explain everything to the woman.

It was then that reality took an even more startling turn of events. After actually taking in the entire situation all Neilles could do was to scream at Revy accusingly, pointing her finger at her as if it were a weapon. It was an angry utterance too, born of shock and horror if her ears were still any reasonable judge of a tone of voice. She closed her eyes bitterly, trying to stop herself from slipping away in the growing winds and trying to regain control of the situation, at least enough to prevent events from spiraling – she wondered if she even could.

Dira…you are a whore she told herself as she clenched her fists repeatedly, looking from one to the other between Revy and Neilles. It was a terrible situation to be in.

“Ana! What do you mean? You know Revy too? How?” she asked the other woman quickly, “No, forget that, please don’t shout at her. She’s my…friend” she told Neilles, hoping she would stay calm out of respect for her at least.

“Revy, when did you get into Nyka? Where have you been all of this time?” she asked the mercenary, trying to piece everything together and least get all of their thoughts off of topics that might escalate.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 10th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Revy was quite surprised at what Zandelia did after hearing the words of Ximal. She grabbed him and wanted to punch his face? What was the relation between them? What had happened in the time she didn't see the scarred woman? All kind of questions popped up in Revy's mind and it clearly showed on her perplexed expression.

Just then she heard a familiar voice. She couldn't quite place it, but she knew that she had heard that before. The girl who entered just then....... looked just like how Louise would've been, were she still alive. "Louise?", she muttered under her breath. "It can't be..... Louise is dead, but why does this girl look so much like her?", she thought to herself and then got yelled at.

Wait, this girl knew her? What in Myri's name was going on? She hadn't met this girl before, did she? Zandelia's questions after that snapped the mercenary out of her thoughts. "Been to Taloba for 'bout a year. When I left there, on the way back to Sunberth, I got side-tracked in Syliras. Petching knights decided to round me up for some brawl. Almost got killed by nuits 'coz of them.", she told honestly. "If possible, I ain't ever gonna go back to that place. Yugh, I really hate those petchers."

Of course more then just that happened, but right now Revy wasn't really willing to talk about that. Well... more like, she didn't want to talk about her insomnia and the nightmares in front of strangers. "What have you been up to? I didn't expect you here.... but back in Sunberth. Just came here for the port.... not really willing to travel over land without a horse... well not that distance at least."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on March 10th, 2013, 9:01 pm

As xi inched towards the edge of the room he spotted zand regaining ehr self control and then saw her whirl and snap to grab his shirt. It took everything he had to hold his instincts back from bringing his left fist up and into her gut before grabbing and stopping her fist. Xi drank a deep breath as he got railed at by a friend of his, however he was prepared for this. He knew this was a likely outcome from the events that had transpired. Xi shook his head lightly before he heard the voice of ana. His diminutive friend had walked into the room and Xi hoped that would help diffuse the situation slightly. But no her presence only served to heighten the current tension of the situation. And the way zand's face shifted from anger to the look of chilled panic was almost...Sympathetic. Xi wanted to say something to help her to try and change what was happening but with his clumsiness with words he'd only serve to strain the situation. Further made clear with a recalcitrant glare and set for words from her almost daring him to say anything.

Xi took a half step back and almost felt as if his back was to the wall literally and figuratively. He was in a bad spot and he knew it. But he had to somehow diffuse the situation before...Petch's sake Ana had entered the room and shot zand a glance akin to the way one might shoot one to a murderer. Though given revy's profession...Fairly obvious as to why. The situation had begun to spiral out of control though zand was struggling to find some way to grab hold of the current events. Revy had almost brushed off the whole event in her manner of trying to smooth it over and regain control of it. But whatever was happening relied on the unknown component. The control of how the situation went right now, judging from zand's look, rested almost entirely upon the last one to enter the room. Ana.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on March 10th, 2013, 9:41 pm

This situation is rather...

Tense.

Ana noted lamely as her disbelieving expression reformulated back to its original, and more iconic irritated one, an annoyance lingering within her eyes as she took on a rather dark, anti-social demeanor towards the three in the room.

Upon hearing Zandelia's somewhat frantically, and urgent requests, Ana shrugged and crossed her arms around her chest. Lips pursing into a straight line, as both corners of her mouth would be pulled back as if in disgust- alright, you don't want me to shout? I'll do something ten times worse, petch, I never wanted to see this woman again.. Ana seethed underneath, her cool, calm eyes travelling from Zandelia to Revy, not an ounce of emotion was given, she would not let herself be played like a fool. Zandelia went on to question Revy, to Ana it was clear something was going on, this crazy woman had been called a 'friend' with a pause before the word.

"Louise?" Ana's thoughts went haywire, suddenly, just being in the same room as Revy was quickly putting her nerves on edge. The word was muttered, low, but it held all the intensity of a well formed question put into a shout.

Ana slowly craned her neck to the sides as Revy would speak, a crack reverberated through her body as the word Sunberth would be mentioned; and then another, as her neck went the other way, eyes shutting close as she simply held herself under control, another crack sounded as Sunberth was mentioned once more. She straightened her neck, tensed her body, and she watched the conversation between the two. Eyebrows raising ever so slowly, there was just something about Revy's voice she could not stand listening to, she wanted to put a dagger to the womans throat to shut her up; a cruel smile formulated across her lips as she opened her eyes.

Sarcasm, it oozed from every orifice she posessed, it stabbed at the two women, and it strangled the man; when all was said, Ana simply stated without a care in the world for what she was doing: "then I suppose during your travels you completely forgot about a rather heart warming reunion with a little sister, hmm, back in.. I believe it was- Sunberth?" Ana chuckled, a chuckle so unlike her usual somber toned ones, they had came out apathatically. She was... Irked, to say the least.
"And... oh.. don't get me started, sister dearest and I have quite a history together.. Don't we Revy?" Ana offered a look to Revy that was.. To say the least, inhospitable.

Voice, it was as if she were speaking to a child.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 10th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Zandelia listened to the story Revy was telling and could not help herself feeling a sense of shame, she had let her go in the first place and she had suffered for it. She did not say as much but she could read between the lines in that respect, it had taken its toll on her. She was not the same as she had been before. She was just as physically beautiful but, deep inside, she sensed a change in the mercenary that was difficult to pinpoint. She could have stopped her, changed her mind. She could have given her enough coin with their proclivities that she would have lived in luxury, but she had trusted Revy’s judgment against her own instincts and the only one it had had cost was Revy. She bit her lip a little and tried to stop her emotions from getting the better of her – not here in front of others.

And I thought that I could led people, do something great. I can’t even stop someone ic are about from suffering needlessly. Some petching leader I am she chastised herself, feeding her own sense of self-loathing.

“I didn’t plan on coming here Revy, we came here from the Spires. We were recruited in Sunberth to save it last year – did a good job too though most of our number died or gave up the fight. You’re looking at what’s left of us” she spoke, spoke the words she had told herself she would never say out loud.

“I…” she stopped, she couldn’t bear admitting the truth at that moment, couldn’t admit that she had failed them. There was a real risk that it would shatter her for good. She licked her lips and her head bowed, she was growing tired, so very tired.

And then it was Neilles’ turn to interject, with venomous words that all but clubbed the small semblance of control Zandelia had managed to assert over the situation into nothingness. She could have hit the other woman at that point, smashed her into a bloody pulp in front of everyone. Anger flooded through her, searing in its intensity as her teeth grit and her fists clenched, muscles trying to move as she forced her body to remain motionless. She would have trembled visibly that was sure, they would notice how she was maintaining such a loose control of herself. Something about Revy had always managed to get her to do stupid things, like jumping out of a damned window so Revy could escape first.

Louise? What are they talking about? This is…wrong. This shouldn’t be happening! she raged inside her skull. She had heard Revy’s muttered words but she had decided to ask her alter about them, in private. Neilles had just made them public in a cruel way, a terribly patronizing way.

“N-…” she began, her anger overriding her mind for a moment before correcting itself, “Ana…please stop treating Revy that way. She is a friend…and ally. Would you…refuse her…out…of…spite?” she managed to get out.

They were the only words she could manage, through gritted teeth at that. If she had tried for more then she would likely have reacted physically. She could not risk that, could not risk smashing what progress she had made with Neilles, the massive inroads into her heart that she hoped would one day blossom into a working relationship of mutual respect and loyalty. It was too precious to forsake needlessly.

But she’s pushing it. She’s petching PUSHING IT! was all her mind was screaming at her, still visibly trying to force her towards violence

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 10th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Revy quietly listened to Zan. Apparently the woman had met with trouble herself and while she hadn't planned on coming here, Revy was most certainly grateful that she did. It saved her maybe years of searching. The past was the past and now she was back with Zand, she hoped that she could forget about all of it.

But then came the spiteful words of that shorty. Not just what she said pissed the mercenary off, but also he tone at which it was spoken. Besides, she made FUN of Revy's dead little sister? She dared to make fun of Louise? This kid was dead. No one made fun of her little sister's death, NO ONE was allowed to even mention her unless Revy permitted it.

It was quite clear that the words had riled Revy up, as she had fallen completely silent and her face... It just went emotionless, while her eyes burned with rage. "Shortstuff... you may look like my dead little sister, but that won't stop me from smashing it to pieces. I don't even recall this incident you are mentioning and if you won't stop, I'll gut you and feed you to the worms.", she said, her voice icy cold.

The woman didn't care for any repercussions. This girl touched a taboo subject and that was something no person would survive. No matter if they were a leader, cutthroat or a random beggar. Any one who dared to talk about her sister with such a tone was dead meat. If Zandelia was going to hate her for it, so be it, she could always try to mend the relationship with her.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next