Closed A first real relaxation day

[Zandelia] Revy has her first relaxation day in 20 years.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

A first real relaxation day

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 14th, 2013, 11:05 pm

13th day, Spring

It was a first time for Revy to have woken up from a sound sleep, without having a big hangover. Was it due to the presence of the woman next to her? Most likely. Zandelia had been the first person to break into Revy's fortress. And while she did that, she also immediately conquered a permanent spot in there. This woman had permanently conquered a place in Revy's life for good. The funny thing was that she didn't mind that at all. It was weird to feel the way she did, but she just wanted to stick close to Zandelia from now on.

After stretching herself out, she stepped out of the bed, only to grab her longsword and practice a few swings. It had became routine for her that whenever she could, she'd at least do a few practice swings with her weapons. Nothing beat a good practice session just after waking up, to get her blood flowing again. A set of one hundred swings and then she just lay her sword away again.

After she put her sword away, she became aware of the stare of the other woman in the room. Apparently Zandelia had awoken during her practice. "Morning Zand. Did you sleep well? Because I did..... first time in a long, long while."
Revy felt a lot lighter after crying yesterday. Was that because she finally talked about it? Or was it because she had finally shed tears for her long dead family? She couldn't tell, but it was certain that she felt.... less gloomy.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 10:39 am

The deepest darkness of the unconscious, that was where she had gone as her eyes had closed last. There was no sense of a passage of time, no registering that it had either passed or remained static to her – internally she could not have said whether she had slept ten days or ten chimes. What her body did take a general note of, however, was the fact that it did not feel as cramped and pained as it usually did upon awakening. She would muse upon that later, concluding that it was perhaps – for the first time in a while – there had been someone else in bed with her. At that moment all she did was rub her bleary eye and blink a number of times until the world shifted into focus before her, a ripple of order out of confusion.

Where am I? I remember…Revy! And…Neilles. Did it….. she thought, her mind slowly shifting from the fuzziness of sleep and shifting itself towards a small semblance of her usual quick wits, it would take some time to get up to full speed though, and some food.

As she stared at the empty half of the bed, her back to the door and her hand stretched out as if groping for something absently, she could see there had been another body there. The ripples of the scant coverings, the indentation upon the cot’s surface. Mostly, though, it was the heat that she could feel on her palm. It was cooling rapidly but it had been there recently, she could not decide whether she was overjoyed or terrified of the way those facts lined up and gave her their data so easily. She gripped the covers for a few moments, wondering if she wanted to turn herself around and see if it had all been some strange delusional madness, her memory finally shattered into insanity.

Well….can’t stay in bed forever she told herself finally, gently rolling over with a short intake of breath.

The first sight to greet her was beautiful, for many reasons, but for the most part because she then knew she was not descending into madness. It was terrible at the same time though, as it meant that Neilles was descending into madness. She pushed that thought away before the venomous anger could raise its head, nor its younger brother – spite – with it. She would not let it ruin her morning, not when she could merely watch the female mercenary before her go through her drills. She watched her and noted how she seemed more experienced with her weapon than she remembers, more poised and….lithe perhaps. She was certainly leaner than before too, she thought, more hardened. She had less actual bulk of muscle she thought, but it was more compact and formed. She did not speak, merely enjoyed the view of the woman from behind until Revy noticed she was awake.

“Like the very mountains slumber themselves Revy. I feel…refreshed. Strange really, all things considered” she pushed the covers off of herself and slipped out of the bed, she still had her dress on she noted – though it was considerably more rumpled than before.

“I’m glad I didn’t imagine you yesterday” was all she said after walking up to Revy and placing a small kiss upon the other woman’s right cheek.

“Where did you learn to be so…fluid…with the blade?” she asked quickly, she knew Revy was uncomfortable with physicality for the most part, “from what I remember we were both not so skilled the last we met” she smiled slightly as the memory of falling out of a window regurgitated itself into her conscious mind.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 16th, 2013, 12:06 pm

The mercenary couldn't help but smile gently, something that seemed to totally not fit with her. It was just very good to hear that Zandelia had also had a very nice rest. It wouldn't have been nice to know that only she herself had a nice rest, when the woman in front of her had slept uncomfortable.

The sudden kiss on her cheek wasn't something she hated, in fact, it seemed as if she had longed for it. Not that she wanted to show that, but it was still rather hard to hide when she went red and placed her hand on that spot as she looked at Zandelia. She actually felt that she wanted more. More contact to enjoy, more of Zandelia in total.

The question Zandelia then asked, had a rather obvious answer. Didn't she say that she wanted to visit the myrians? So why ask it when it has such an obvious answer? "Didn't I tell you that I've visited the myrians? Been there for about four seasons. They make good training partners. Also I've been doing a routine in the morning to get a bit better with my weapons. Can't have myself stuck with one, right?", she explained.

She walked over to her bag and started to rummage through it. She felt like having some meat right now and she still had that dried Dhani meat. She had found out that meat like that actually tasted really good.
She found it rather fast and after taking it out, she asked Zandelia: "Want some? It's a souvenir of sorts from Taloba. I find it rather good tasting."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 4:09 pm

She watched the mercenary blush profusely, remembering how she enjoyed the experience of being able to do so as it meant that she still had the ability to get inside the woman in a way few could. It was strange really, the concept of the stoic and volatile sell-sword being lain low by something as simple as a brief brushing of the lips. She still did not understand how she was able to achieve it, she used the same kinds of tactics as she had done to countless marks but had never received the response Revy gave her. Her smile deepened as she listened, remembering very well how the other woman had told her of her journey but deciding not to point it out – she had mostly stated the questions to provide some small-talk distraction. She saw no reason to ruin the morning by being pedantic, she had experienced enough turmoil to last her a few days at least.

She seems less arrogant and more confident now. A pleasant change from picking her up from a tavern’s floor for breakfast she mused as she watched the other woman walk over to her packs and rifles around for something.

She thought that she caught a glimpse of something completely unexpected but had little time to ask as Revy whirled around and walked back towards her, parcel in hand. She merely noted her suspicions and decided she would do some searching of her own when she was able to do so. She listened and looked at what had been proffered to her, dried meat inside a greased travel packaging though she could not discern its original form. Gingerly she pushed out her hand – if Revy was eating it then it couldn’t be that bad after all – and took a long slice for herself. She sniffed it a little before placing it into her mouth and chewing it. It was tough, like all dried meats were, but it was satisfying and filling.

“Hmmm,” she began, licking the few shreds upon her fingers and consuming them too, “not too bad. What is it? Horse? It isn’t a Myrian is it?” she joked, though only half-so as all knew the tastes those tribal’s possessed – cannibals to the person.

She slipped her arm around the other woman, pulling her close so that she could feel the strength in her, and took another small piece to place upon her tongue. She would leave it at that as she did not know when they might have to travel – Nyka was volatile to foreigners at the best of times. With her plans they might have to leave at a moment’s notice if things went wrong and they would need at least some food to share for the travelling. As for herself she had precious little of her own stores left after the journey from the Spires and you couldn’t buy food in Nyka – not even illegally. She finished her second piece and shook her ehad at more.

“You keep it safe, we might need it one day. The Safe Haven will provide enough to satisfy me for the day. It’s even free too, after a fashion. Food isn’t sold in Nyka so we should conserve what we have” she finished with a one-armed little squeeze around Revy’s waist.

“Alright, I give up. What is it?”

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 16th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Revy had taken a single slice herself. It had only been enough for a day. However a few slices wouldn't hurt. It should still be enough for half a day. Zandelia asking what it was, did give Revy a smile. For now she'd just have Zand eat it and maybe, when she had enough, she'd give her the origin of this meat. Still, she couldn't keep her hands off it when she took another slice.

Hearing Zandelia say that buying food in Nyka was considered illegal, did annoy the mercenary a little. How were they supposed to get supplies for a journey when they left then? Well, time would tell right? And otherwise, the scarred woman would come up with a solution, she was sure of it.

"Hmm, ok. Then I'll put the rest away for now. It should be enough for about half a day I think.", she said. Revy wondered how Zandelia would react to finding out it was Dhani meat and it made her chuckle briefly as she imagined a possible reaction. "Well, it's Dhani meat. Told you it was good. Just wished I had a bit more."

"What do you want to do today? If you wouldn't mind, could you at least give me a brief tour of the city? Haven't ever been to Nyka before, so I've got absolutely no clue as to where is what.", she asked. It was a good reason, or so the mercenary thought, to spend a bit more time with Zandelia.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 6:18 pm

At Revy’s revelation the smile turned into a shocked cough, her body reacting viscerally to the fact that she had just consumed what – by all rights – was a sentient creature once. Her body didn’t try to reject it though, her stomach had grown small enough already in Nyka with her small rations for it to be unable to let go of any source of reasonable sustenance. She brought her fist up to her lips and coughed into a few times, at one and the same time reviling what she had just done and accepting that it was normal to enjoy food and that survival necessitated drastic actions at times. Still, she found herself hoping they would not need to rely upon Revy’s store of Dhani meat in the near future. She gripped the other woman tighter briefly too as she tried to wipe the shock from her face for a few moments, fingers gripping at Revy’s armor.

“Well…” she tried for a soft tone but surprise was clear in her voice still, “I’m just thankful that Sahashkalila wasn’t here or she’d kill me. She was a Dhani from the Spires, a healer” she trailed off weakly, trying to reel her mind in and focus upon the present and the day’s activities at the other woman’s suggestion.

Little vixen! Letting me eat Dhani meat without telling me. I’ll have to even the score later on in the day methinks she told herself, planning something particularly shocking for Revy in the evening with a small smile returning to her lips.

“I think that, for today, we both need a bit of a rest. I’m not really in the mood to work either so I’d be more than happy to show you the city my dear, of course I will. I might even be able to show you a few stalls that could be of interest to someone of your…abilities,” she stroked the side of Revy’s face lightly with her free hand and stepped back from her, “but first of all, sleeping arrangements. I would really…like it…if you were to bunk with me” she stated, it was a complete fact but it still brought a bit of color to her cheeks which she hoped would be forgiven for recovery from her shock.

“After all, it’d be cheaper, easier and we could better…protect…one another. Especially now that I have lost someone I once called friend. I’d rather not be separated if we come under…attack” she tried to pass it all off as logical and sensible. In reality she just wanted to have someone close to her, to cover her weaknesses. Also, if she allowed herself to admit it, she would have Revy over anyone else because of who the woman was and how she felt about her – there were possibilities for some semblance of happiness there, unusual thought it currently seemed.

Without further ado, and without allowing the woman to say no she walked over to her packs and picked them up with a firm smile that would not be brooked. It was easy enough to carry her smaller items and their bags, but she left the assorted weaponry to the stronger mercenary as she swept past her and walked to her own door, edging it open with her foot and pushed her way in. She hung the packs upon the back of her rough wooden chair and placed the other assorted items upon the table. As she did so she opened the bag she had seen Revy searching through and pulled at the garments inside, jerking them free with a look of utter surprise for the second time in the morning.

A dress?! Since when has she ever…though, she looked very nice that one time a grin came to her lips and she let the dark garment drape along the bed so it would be seen upon the woman’s entry.

That done she pulled her own over her head after unfastening the laces and felt the shiver of the morning air ripple across her nude form. She threw the dress onto the desk and padded around in search of one of the others as the door signaled Revy’s arrival.

“I was thinking, you know. I remember you being very fetching indeed without that armor on” she pointed towards the bed vaguely as she kept up her search.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 16th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Revy couldn't help but burst out laughing as she saw Zandelia's reaction. It was priceless. To see someone horror so much just by eating food was just hilarious. But it might be better if she didn't mention that she also had a small bit of charoda. So far nothing could compare to that. That was just so delicious, but it was extremely hard to come by.

The mercenary wasn't opposed to the thought of having to bunk with Zandelia at all. After all, sleeping next to her apparently gave her a good rest. But before she could even begin to answer, the other woman had already picked up the bag and walked out of the room. Shrugging, Revy just picked up her weapons and followed her. Why wouldn't she? After all, the more time she got to spend with Zan, the better.

Once the mercenary entered the room, the first thing she noticed was the naked Zand, which made her blush slightly. It was a little embarrassing to see her like that, but still she couldn't tear her eyes away from that beautiful body. But Zandelia pointing at the bed made the woman look away... only to see her woolen dress on the rim of the bed.
"Eh... Zand.... why eh.. did you rummage through my stuff?", she said rather shy. "Oh why'd she have to do that? I bought that stuff on a whim. It's not like I'd wear it., she thought to herself.

A small voice inside of Revy's mind tried to push her to put on the dress and show it off to the other woman, but she was too embarrassed to do it. "You aren't.... expecting me to put it on right?, she then asked.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 16th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Zandelia sifted through her own belongings and finally found the garment she was looking for, the red dress with a lattice work of golden patterning that quite obviously made her seem far more wonderfully wealthy than she was, but then that was the point – she needed to have the appearance of someone of note else she couldn’t hope to sway those she wished to. Tilting her head and frowning at the wrinkles in the fabric she cursed the fact she had nothing that wasn’t actually rumpled and looked as if it had been dragged through a crack in the walls. She would have liked Revy to see her in a dress in its full glory, but she would have to settle for just a dress of decent make. She pulled it over her head as Revy’s questions came at her.

And I thought she wouldn’t put up a fight she chided herself gently, she should have known better.

“I’m sorry Revy,” she replied once her head was free of the collar and she could turn to look at her fully, she actually did show some remorse which was odd in itself, “I couldn’t help it…I thought I saw it whilst you were searching for the…Dhani meat” she tried to repress the slight shudder at the memory she wouldn’t soon forget.

She pulled her own garment into place and slowly laced up the bodice of it as she pondered out a convincing enough truth for the woman to wear her own dress. She did so enjoy seeing her show off what she kept hidden so often, often in her idle hours she had returned to that fateful day where their paths had become inter-twined and she had looked more radiant than ever before. She tugged the last lace into place and tied it off into a small bow, her outfit complete. She smoothed it down and noted the blush upon Revy’s cheeks with a smile, at least she knew she appreciated her body – even if she never said so.

“And of course I do my dear,” she continued smoothly, her reasons now all lined up for her, “because Nyka does not look kindly upon foreigners and walking arou8nd in armor with weapons is sure to attract the more…dark side of the Monks here. The dress will help you blend in as we tour the city, not to mention it will let them know that you are at least willing to forgo violence here – or at least it give the impression of it” she finished with a knowing look towards the female mercenary.

I shall leave out the part that I want to see her pretty little arse in it too, it would most definitely ruin my chances she tried not to giggle at the internal monologue, keeping her face perfectly composed.

“Do it for me? Trust me in this, it is for the best. I have been here before, many years ago, and learnt it the hardest way imaginable…” she screened the memories of the Mirror and of Gregor, they did not belong in their presence this day. She would tell Revy of them later, as well as the multitude of other things she sorely needed to tell her.

She sat down upon her chair, skirts arranged and legs crossed at the knee as she awaited the woman’s decision. She hoped she would accept, if nothing else other than because she hadn’t seen the woman in a long time and wished to know how much her body had…changed. She smiled, hands folded in her lap gently.

“I remember how beautifull you were, remember? Please” she asked softly.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 16th, 2013, 10:23 pm

The mercenary had turned herself to Zandelia again. She wished that she could've showed them herself to her, but then when she wanted to show it off. Now the surprise was just spoiled. Not that she was going to show them off any time soon, but still. She felt a bit sad because of this. Why'd she have to rummage through it? Just because her curiosity got spiked?

Either way, what was done is done. And Zand explaining the reasoning, behind Revy putting on a dress, seemed fair enough. Actually she didn't need it, Zand should've just said that she wanted to see Revy in it, but not that she'd tell that to the other woman. She was just too embarrassed for that. "I understand. Then I'll just put it on.", she said, trying to sound as annoyed as possible.

First she had to get out of her leather armor, which she did slower then she could. Somehow she just felt like showing off. However, removing her armor still went pretty fast. After that she had to remove the straps she used to tie off her chest. She still did it, but only when she wore her armor.
So by now she only wore her panties. Rather unattractive and bland ones. Now she actually wished she had bought a few more attractive ones.
When she finally picked up her dress and started to put it on, all of that naked flesh got hidden by cloth again. Yet because the dress was form fitted, it actually accentuated the curves of her body. "Zand, can you tie it up?", she asked Zandelia. Revy wasn't skilled enough yet to tie the dress herself behind her back.
Zandelia could easily notice that Revy actually liked wearing the dress as she smiled softly. She herself however, did not notice this. It was something subconscious apparently.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 17th, 2013, 2:16 pm

It was an enjoyable affair for her, the art of watching another woman undress – an attractive one at that. Her observant, one-eyed gaze roamed across the body fondly, trying to recall the exact details of what it looked like several seasons ago compared to now. She noticed that she was taking her time, going slowly in the undressing, or slower than she could – even Zandelia could take armor of quicker. That made her feel warm, the fact that Revy seemed to actually like being in her current position. It sent a frisson up her spine that was very difficult to repress.

She turned her attention back to the other woman’s body in an attempt to quell the rising tides of lust coursing through her. At that moment, as her control wavered ever so slightly, there was nothing more she wished to do than throw Revy onto the bed. She cursed her own foolishness and took a deep breath to remain calm. Revy’s body…it was leaner, she thought, and more developed. The muscles had not so much grown as become more defined, the crests and creases were things she would like to explore later when things had become more settled, when the pair of them had grown used to each other’s company again. She wasn’t going to take any risks, not with Revy as she had done with Neilles. It was not worth the shortcut into her bosom if she would lose another valued relationship.

This has been a very good morning so far, good sleep and a good woman to look at. Let us hope the rest of the day goes just as well she thought to herself, smiling as Revy asked for her help.

“Of course, Revy” she stated simply, pushing herself out of her chain and walking up behind the woman, fingers fiddling, weaving and knotting in their purpose. She took her time with it, she liked the simple things these days – especially when the rest of her time was more…complicated.

Although she performed the same acts upon herself each morning it was a foreign concept to her, to be doing it for another. Oh, she had had many a romp with barmaids, whores and others of a more tool-like nature. However, she had never had the privilege of tying the laces upon a dress for one whom she actually cared about, nor one who quite patently enjoyed her company and the physical interactions thereof. Slowly, and sadly, she finished her task and the dressing ritual was complete. She pulled Revy close then, hands wrapped around her waist and just held her close for a few moments of simple closeness – she had never realized how she had sorely missed such simplicity. Her life was usually so convoluted she supposed that she had never seen the point of it, now she saw how wrong she had been – it was more than triviality.

Has it really been so long? So long without someone who just wanted to be around me? Have I been that much of a monster? Or did I just lock the caring up before it came tumbling out yesterday? she wondered, sighing contentedly before letting the mercenary go.

“Well…all done,” she stated lightly, still not sure of what one said or did with someone beyond the fiscal or hired hands, “I think it’s time we showed you Nyka. Though, I think we will need to get you something more colorful soon – vibrancy is the blood of clothing here. For another time…perhaps” she finished, pulling Revy by the hand, turning her around and leading her towards the door – she grabbed her coin pouch as they went, already decided that any expenditures would be hers this day. She owed Revy that much.

They slipped through the corridor and down the stairs without incident, most others were either already awake or would not wake for hours to experience their hangover. The stairs were easy, Zandelia holding her skirts in one hand just in case the other woman didn’t know and could learn by example – she had only seen her in a dress once before after all. When they reached the bottom their solitude was broken by the scratching of Vysia’s quill upon the never-ending book she filled.

“Amelias,” her voice snaked out through the silence, “your friend Ximal passed through here soon after I last saw you. He was carrying that small woman you brought with you. I do hoe nothing…happened. There were raised voices” the woman looked at her then, stare hard and uncompromising.

“It was nothing, a few heated words Vysia. It is done with now, very much settled I think” she responded, truth evident in her words, she doubted any would have to worry about an argument with Neilles again – she doubted they would even talk.

“And I see you bring the damsel with you too,” Vysia continued smoothly as she noticed Revy, “in a dress too. You seem to have a talent for persuading others to adopt our ways. I do not mean to pry, but why do you do it? I have been puzzling upon it for some time” the un-asked question was there, a small trap waiting for her – what did she seek to do with her actions, that was the real question.

“We foreigners are disliked at the best of times here, fights are common with the more…boisterous. I do not wish those I care about to come to harm. Nothing more” she avoided it for now, there would come a more appropriate time to discuss with the female Monk her true desires.

“Hah!” Vysia snorted, clearly annoyed she had not received a full answer, “well perhaps I can persuade the persuader to do the same for others who pass through here? There are too many, these days, for me to handle by myself. You foreigners band together Amelias – they might listen to you more than to I” again, a question within a question.

“I will see what I can do”

“Very well. Oh…and get your new lady friend some color” and that was the ending of the exchange as Zandelia and Revy pushed their way into Nyka proper.

“I’m sorry about that Revy, I completely forgot to tell you!” she looked the mercenary in the eye, embarrassed she had slipped up, “they know me by Amelias here – that’s my name in the rest of the world. In private though, it is still the name you know. I won’t ask you to keep it up when we…” she smiled then after being unable to find the proper words.

“So, where did you want to go first? We have the economic quarter, the martial quarter…” she trailed off, wondering how best to do it.

She would let the other woman decide where she wished to see first, though she had a suspicion that it would have something to do with edged weapons.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next