Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Xi heads out into the city again musing on the events of the 17th when he comes across a strange little girl.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Ximal on March 15th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Spring 55th 513AV

A light breeze sped down the streets of nyka as Xi ventured out into the long empty halls, the early morning bring both a mild start and a much milder day. Blue sky and light rolling clouds marked against the placid uniformity of the streets. Xi though was lost in thought. musing upon the happening and wording of the past days. The seventeenth to be precise, he'd learnt a lot that day and had begun to develop questions after which that still perplexed him. Least of all was the strange language that gregor had been speaking. Completely foreign yet, some what sticking. Xi wandered the city streets, his large brown cloak acting as both a wind shield and a piece of camouflage. He looked for al intensive purposes like a monk, disregarding his immense height and broadness. Though thinking back, the huge purple veined monster of man, made him look like a small child in comparison. Xi felt his hands clench, he needed to think about something else, he needed to do something to help take his mind off of the events...Just what the heck was this "darkness" anyway? And if gregor beat it and Xi had come close to defeating gregor "apparently" then this darkness would not pose to be much of a threat right ? Though the way that woman in purple spoke was still haunting him slightly. He couldn't quite piece together why but he could feel something wasn't quite right. Lost in a sea of thoughts and speculation Xi headed down the open streets until he felt something small bump into him. Snapping out of his thoughtful stupor Xi looked down at the thing he'd just crashed into a rather puzzled look upon his face.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Evalin on March 15th, 2013, 10:01 pm

"Be damned all things in this world, curse the lives of ever wretched monk. If I do have my way I shall see them all burned to ash and cast into the winds!" Evalin hissed under her breath, pride stinging and rage boiling and she navigated the twists and turns of the city, "Ill take from her the life she holds so dear... Ill rip from her the very breath she takes within. Ill crush body and devour her soul. Wretched blood as hers must be sour, so better to spill it upon the streets than to partake of it."

Curses flowed, anger built, Evalin strode through the halls without a mind of where she went. In her hand she held her staff, a small figure cloaked and hooded traveling with a floating blue orb over one shoulder.

A cool though pressed against her mind, somewhat soothing to Evalin's ravaged mind, Fires rage bright before consuming the forest. Mind you that this does not blind you of the present...

Evalin turned her head to look at Tsenrika as she spoke, "Damn to all monks, and let the fire rage for I shall see it burns all as I seek my revenger." And suddenly she ran into something hard, something large. The impact made her fall back, her hood flying off to let straight black hair come free and dance in the wind as she landed on her backside, staff falling from her fingers. A curse lit her lips once more and she glared up at the object she ran into, red eyes the color of blood filled with hatred, "Have I not suffered enough at the hands of you monks!?"

She growled under her breath, somehow not threatening in the least, as she stood and dusted off her clothing.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Ximal on March 15th, 2013, 10:20 pm

As Xi stared down at the "child" he'd crashed into Xi paused and wondered on something else for a moment, his head being now clear of the ever present singeing of his encounter within the aperture. No now his mind was fixed upon the child cursing aloud with thought towards the fact he looked like a monk. Xi sighed and pulled his hood back letting a pair of deep iridescent black blue eyes bore into those violent blood red eyes below. What the? Is that a child? Xi took a slow breath before speaking out quietly in his usual low but deep tone of voice. "I'm not a monk." A subtle aura of intimidation flowing out from his features But broken as he offered his hand out with a slight smile. "Sorry about that I was a little lost in thought...I wasn't watching where I was heading." Xi smirked his hand still extended to help her up. He'd opted to not wear his longbow and arrows today however he'd also left most of his weapons at him taking only his strange staff with him. Still the little girl before him seemed somewhat distraught over what had happened to her. XI gave her a small sideways look.

"I take it your not a fan of the monks here? Or at the very least one has managed to annoy you given both the way you snapped at me because you thought i was one. Or that's your usual tone of voice and I just happen to be misinterpreting. Either way, is there anything i can do to help?" A small smirk, danced across his lips, more in tine with zand than before he could really feel that his trip and time with her over winter had left quite an impression-able mark upon him.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Evalin on March 16th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Of course she did not accept the extended hand, how could she? This beast of a man, for now as Evalin looked up she saw just how large he was, had knocked her from her feet to the cold stones. Her backside stung, as did her pride as she glared up, fiery eyes defiant and refusing to be restrained despite the body that blocked her path, "Petch your help, I need none! I can stand upon my own two feet as well as you can, and perhaps better so for the years I have spent upon them!"

Caution! Let not your rage cast you to the depths of the pit and end your life when it still has much to do. Mind your tongue, and speak not of secrets that might be used against you in future meetings.

And to this Evalin finally paused, mind working to restrain the burning passions that crawled through her chest, threatening to burst free at any moment. With a force of will strong as iron Evalin reigned in those emotions, such silly human emotions, and locked them away once more. Though she vowed to bring them out and review them once more when she was alone.

Evalin cleared her throat, bending to take up her staff, feeling more calmed when it was within her fingers once more. Glancing up Evalin finally noted the instance blue eyes that the giant of a man bore within his skull, Quite the site in a brute such as he. Eyes that sparkle like sapphires yet a body that has grown thick as a bear.

May wonders there be in the world. To judge a scroll upon the dirt that covers its case is folly, for it might contain something of true value within. Tsenrika commented, floating to rest over Evalin's left shoulder, reflecting the world in his perfectly smooth surface.

Leaning upon her staff, both hands wrapped about the wood, Evalin sighed and shook her head, "Pay no head to my words for they were spoken out of frustration that is not befitting of one such as I." She looked the man up and down, "To say I detest the monks would be a kindness. Perhaps loath would be the most apt description, but alas I fear it truly matters not. Tis foolish to hold onto grudges that cannot be acted upon." She shrugged, absently tracing a glyph on her staff, "I doubt there would be much aid I could seek from you in any case, for few may aid me in matching strength with one of their kind."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Ximal on March 16th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Strange, a rather harsh spoken child. and a puzzled look upon his face. A sharp blaze of anger creeping into the freshly spilled blood that was her eye's the burning colour etched deep into Xi's mind. Not once had he ever seen anyone be it man woman or child burning with that much anger. Her response to his offer to rectify his wrong doing was shot down in a blaze of twisted language and sharp fury. "Jeez, sorry, i didn't mean to knock you on your backside. and i was only trying to rectify the issue i caused by offering you a hand up, if your going to bite my head off for just an offer then. Perhaps the monks aren't the only things annoying you?" Xi withdrew his hand the deep blue eye's now becoming sharp and cold. What was with this child? And the staff she carried with her, looked almost twice her size ? Xi arched an eye brow a little confused.

Taking a half step back he gave her room to move. What exactly was she doing ? When she spoke next it was as if he was talking to a completely different person. Did she shave the same problem he did with liro ? Or perhaps given the fact that she'd calmed down maybe it was another instance making her calmer ? Whatever it was Xi's gaze was still set in etched gems. Though as she spoke she at least admitted she was annoyed, and that it wasn't her usual demeanour. What exactly is then ? After all someone doesn't snap to anger like that without already having a deep reason for anger. Though she said she hated the monks. Which was plain enough to see after all there mannerisms towards them acted out showing just that, when he mentioned them. Foolish to hold grudges that she couldn't act upon? She could ask him about aiding her in a match of strength? Seriously? "Well i dunno about that. I can hold my own when it comes to strength. If you wanted some help in "matching strength" i think you'll find that i could hold my own. And what do you mean by one of their kind ? Are you not human then ? " Lifting his hands from beneath his cloak Xi let the cloak fall away to reveal his physique beneath, less as a show more as the fact he had an itch on his arm that he needed to scratch.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Evalin on March 17th, 2013, 3:28 am

Tsekrika bobbed over her shoulder, Already you give away what should be concealed. Learn you your lesson now child?

Evalin's brow furrowed and her lips turned downward in a frown as she glared sideways at the Familiar, though she did not comment on his words. Instead she let her attention return to the monk impersonator and raised an eyebrow, "Truly you ask such ridiculous questions. Does the ant ask the raven if it is an ant? Surely the answer would be obvious."

You all but reveal your truest nature with every word...

What be the point to hide mine nature now? A child who speaks as a woman, who curses aloud and walks with a creature of another world can never be mistaken for anything but what she is.

A fool can be spotted from many leagues.

As can immortal greatness.

Waving a hand to banish all further conversation with the Familiar, though perhaps it would look rather strange to those who observed, Evalin continued her reply, "Though I see your great size, how can you say you match the Monks in strength? What kind of strength do you hold?"

Though he have great body I do wonder if his muscles be all that is trained... Though Evalin did take a moment to admire the strong cut of the man's musculature, I pray he be not a half with who speaks of triumph where only pitiful attempts exist.

Concern yourself more with whether he grow weary of your banter and swats you like the fly you appear to be.

Evalin rolled her eyes, Think yourself humorous today do you? Find care for yourself lest I swat you instead.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Ximal on March 17th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Xi's gaze really didn't alter for a moment at least not until a blue orb floated up to the little girls shoulder. Then his gaze shifted lightly changing from one stony and hard to one curious and inquisitive. what in the heck was that blue orb ? Xi wondered for a moment his mind not entirely focused on the childlike person before him, more on the floating blue orb. Then she spoke with a rather...turnabout question. Almost reminiscent of zand. "Does the ant ask the rave? Sure, because if he does not then how does he know he is an ant ? You can never truly know, even when you ask often you don't receive the truth. There is no obvious answer because no answer is always true." Xi smirked, he wasn't a philosopher but that answer should sedate that question. Xi took a half step back to fully observe the child before him and the now floating blue orb. Xi paused and had a short moment to think before asking. "What's that blue orb there, It seems...strange, well considering the fact it's floating that's fairly obvious. So could you please tell me what the heck it is ? " Xi glanced at the small woman.

Listening to her speak, was she taking stock of him or doubting him? " I'm strong enough, and by that i have a little skill in fighting. so that should suffice for strength" Though thinking back that skill wasn't entirely all that good it had only just saved him from getting his head bashed in by that monster of a man gregor. Xi brought his left hand to his face and brushed it over the light beard he was sporting.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2013, 1:09 am

Evalin actually felt a bit of amusement from Ximal's reply to her question, "Perhaps you be not so dull as appearances might predict." It was an off compliment, but a compliment none the less when coming from lips that rarely spoke anything but ridicule and condemnation.

Turning her head to look absently at the Familiar Evalin spoke in a bored tone, "He is..." she hesitated, a smile creeping upon her lips, "Simply a toy. A child's play thing really."

I am no play thing... Tsenrika retorted within Evalin's mind.

For now you be just that. At least for the moment while we... set the odds in our favor.

Evalin's eyes returned to Ximal, looking for his unnatural blue ones with her own shimmering red, "But tell me, you speak of skills in combat? What skills do you possess? If you do in fact have mastery of martial combat... Have you the means to teach your craft to another?" Her hands twisted around her staff, the smile in place as she continued, "Answer me my questions, and I shall offer you knowledge on the orb as payment. Shall we say... a trade of information for equal curiosity?"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Ximal on March 31st, 2013, 1:31 am

Xi sighed what was it with everyone and thinking he was as dense as a brick ? Still though her response to the floating blue orb. Xi'd been curious about it and the words she'd spoken in regards to it weighed heavily on his mind. A childs toy? "You and i both know i'm not buying that story, i've seen a lot of things but i've never seen child's toy float. Then again i'm willing to surmise even though you hide within you body of a child your no child yourself. Am i correct ?" Though her response was a fair one an exchange of information and an exchange of cards was in play. "I'm faily good with my combat." Xi's blue ones locked onto her red ones. A aura of intimidation beginning to emanate from him with the lock of the gaze. "And yes i can teach it to otehrs, but why should i ? i mean after all. Were having an exchange of information and my answers have slaked your questions i believe that the reverse payment is due ? " Xi smiled and thought of something. "Or we could cut out the games and i can teach you what you want to know in exchange for you telling me and acquiring me something similar to that floating over your shoulder. After all, it's an easy exchange is it not ? That and it makes things a lot faster moving and smoother." The smile on Xi's face easy but the aura of fear he was wearing like a thick woolly jacket never dissipating. His solution to the situation was much faster than all of the round about ways of going through channels.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mighty mouse. ( Evalin)

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2013, 1:57 am

Had Evalin been a mortal... had she been without the mark of Uldr that granted her great speed... had she not lived for hundreds of years, she would have trimbled at the imposing figure that towered over her. His aura, his terrifying presence was enough to make her question her future actions, yet still an iron will hardened over centuries of living without fear of any kind had stolen from her many things that mortals would call "fear". Instead there was a caution, an understanding that what stood before her was in fact a danger to her being, which Tsenrika was quick to point out.

Mind you tread carefully... He stinks of blood and iron...

Within her soul Evalin pulled forth her power, swirling her djed and sending it coursing up her body to collect in her head, just behind her eyes. She blanketed her vision with this power, and suddenly it was as if a curtain had been raised and she could truly SEE for the first time.

The man stood tall, colors shooting about him in odd arrays and mixing hues. Copper tones and deep iron grays abound in his aura. Dark reds intermingled in these muted colors, signifying that he had in fact seen blood. The more she looked the more slivers of red she saw. They covered him, clothed him as if he had been drenched in blood. Faintly Evalin could hear a sound, like clashing metal upon metal that she could only assume was the sounds of his battle experience. She had never met a hardened warrior before, save for the monk, but Ximal's aura did hold something more... rugged than the normal man's. Certainly it was more hardened and worn than Rayage's who saw no battle at all.

At the edges of the rest there was a thin strip of black, dark emptiness that she recognized well. It was a shadow, a cloak of intimidation that was very similar to what Rayage wore, however, the Man Cloaked in Darkness bore a much more impressive intimidation than this mortal's, or perhaps it was not that Rayage was more intimidating, but that Evalin herself found him more intimidating than even this beast of a man that stood directly in front of her...

There was a sudden drawn on her strength, her head becoming light as the sight began to overwhelm her, her vision brightening to almost an unbearable extent. Quickly Evalin closed her eyes, cutting off her power and letting the djed seep back into the normal flow of her body. Bracing herself upon her staff Evalin let her mind calm as she turned over the words Ximal spoke... and in an instant Evalin came to a decision.

That small cracked to form something more like a ghoulish grin, her eyes opening as she stared up at Ximal, "Very well child. Let us not banter our words any longer." Straightening fully Evalin took up her staff, stepping closer to Ximal to look up at him with the eyes that could never belong to a child, "I agree to your bargain. You shall teach me of your techniques, give me your strength," she chose her words very carefully, "And in exchange I shall give you what you desire."

She raised a single small hand, eyes never leaving Ximal's as she spoke, "Give me your strength, your power, and I shall give you knowledge of this creature and present you one of your very own. Do you accept this contract?" Her eyes gleamed in anticipation.

You risk too much.

No my dear Tsenrika. I risk just enough to gain far more than I have now.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next