Closed Hunter and Prey (Sira, Arandolya)

Iosha, Sira and Arandolya been summoned to God's Perch for a hunting quest

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Hunter and Prey (Sira, Arandolya)

Postby Iosha on March 18th, 2013, 2:09 am

Time Stamp: 23rd of Spring, 513AV
Who: Sira, Arandolya

Hearing a knock on the door, Iosha looked up from her book with a frown on her face. She been hoping for a few days of rest, relaxation, and solitude after a stressful week in the Infirmary. To make matters worse, she was just about to go to bed since it was well past the midnight bell. She closed her book gently, and tossed it onto the table. Throwing a annoyed look at the door, she quickly made her way to the door, and she opened it with scowl on her face and said softly to the visitor, “What?..What could be so urgent that you have to bother me at this ungodly hour.” The teenaged boy back up slightly at the angry Konti and stammered in common, “Well... I was sent to give you.” The pulled out the scroll and handed it to Iosha. Iosha took it from the boy, and she broke the wax. Iosha looked at the Inarta teenager and said to him, “You may leave and thank you.” When she noticed the boy back was turned to leave, she closed her door and unrolled the scroll. Reading the contents of the scroll, she had been selected to assist Sira and another woman named Arandolya with a hunt, and a representative from the government will meet with them in the location of the Gods Perch by Thunder Bay at the mid day bell. Iosha read it twice over, and the letter seem legit. She locked her door, tossed the scroll on the table, and she went to bed thinking it would be nice to see Sira again.

Sixth Bell before Noon

Iosha wasn't a morning person, but she knew if she needed to make it to the Gods Perch before noon. She would have to hurry. Iosha dressed in her camouflage armor knowing that she would stand out like a beacon in the forest if she didn't where some sort of camouflage. Beside, she heard tales of the mutant creatures in the wildernesses around Skyinarta, so she wanted to extra careful of protecting herself in the forest. When she finished dressing in her armor, she strapped her longsword and dagger sheaves to her belt, strapped her quiver to her back, and she grabbed her bow. She knew she wasn't going to be useful in a fight, but she needed to be prepare for anything, so she grabbed her backpack and walked out of her room.Iosha knew the trip to coastal town of the Thunder bay would take quite a long time to get their by foot, so she needed to get there quickly as possible. As the konti walked to Endal Sorel aeries, she realized to herself how isolated the Inarta actually were by the surrounding terrain. It was quite irritating to have to rely on him for transportation, but she didn't know any other Endal who would help her with this current situation. Iosha walked up to his door and knocked twice. It took a few chimes, the door opened, and Sorel was standing their in a half daze and a serious case of bed head. The Endal look at her and asked with a blank stare, “Do you know what time it is, Konti? I don't even think the birds are singing their praise to Syna yet.” Iosha gave him a small smile took out the scroll from the government, handed it to him, and said with sigh, “Sorry, I would be a in bed at the moment if it the matter wasn't urgent. I request your assistance to take me to Thunder Bay. I know it is a inconvenience, but I need to be at the meeting spot by noon.” Sorel read over the letter, and he frowned for a moment, but when he was finished reading. He stepped aside, looked at Iosha, and said softly, “Come into my home. It will take me about half a bell to prepare Vorchel for flight. Please take a seat on the sofa, Iosha.”

Sorel landed the wind eagle outside the down by the road from Wind Reach's port. When he left, Iosha waved goodbye and started walking down the road to the village of Thunder Bay. It was a long walk, and she could see the road to the port was busy with activity of the spring. When Iosha made it off the mountain, she was approached on the road by a Inarta woman name Sia that worked in the hydroponic farm. Sia walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. Iosha whirled around with a hand on her sword hilt and said in a surprised voice, “I can't believe they allow you out of the cave?” Sia brushed her curly ginger hair from her eyes, and she said to with a smile, “Well, I am going to turn dirt in the fields.” The human nodded to her armor and weapons and said sarcastically, “I doubt the field grubs are that big Io. What is up with the hunting gear? I thought you were a healer.” Iosha rolled her eyes at the smart ass statement and said softly, “I think I was summoned by someone in the government to assist in a hunt. What I don't understand is why they are having us meet at the God's Perch.” Iosha stopped, and she stuck her tongue out at her friend and said with a giggle, “I can hunt if it for food purpose or survival. Besides, I can't heal anyone if I am dying of starvation, Sia.” Sia shook her head an laughed, “Only you would have a obscure philosophy like that Iosha.” Iosha looked at her friend and asked softly, “Do you know where the trail head for God's Perch.” Sia nodded and pointed down the road, “If you go down the road in the village, there is a deer trail leading into the hills on the north side of town. It is well traveled by people too. It should lead you up to the perch. Oh it is marked by a large boulder too.” Iosha walked up to her friend, gave her a hug, and said with a giggle, “Please don't get eaten by a giant garden slug because I don't want to have to fill in for you at the carrot farm.” Sia pulled back, smacked her on the arm, and said playfully, “You deserve that Io! Be safe out there and bring back something tasty!”

One Bell before Noon

Iosha walked into the village, and she immediately made her way to the north side of the village. She saw the boulder laying out of the village, so she walked to it and looked around for the deer trail. When she found the trail, it looked like the underbrush was well controlled, so Iosha started to follow up the hill. It was a long trek, and Iosha was slightly winded when she got to the top of the hill. Iosha could tell the hill was devoid of trees except for the small shrubbery scattered across the top of the hill. Iosha looked over and saw one large oak tree and under the tree slept a giant bird and a man with long hair looking over the surrounding country side. Iosha was the first on to the hill, and she made her way across the windy hill to the wind eagle and his Endal. The wind eagle was magnificent creature with a black body and white head. When she got closer the wind eagle lifted his head and gave her a respectful nod. Iosha bowed to the legendary bird, and the Endal started to laugh out loud. Iosha looked at the man, and she could tell he was old because his his crimson hair and red beard was scattered with white. The old man said to her with a chuckle, “If you complement him too much, it might start going to her head. Why don't you sit and wait for the others to come? Did you get my letter? I had a friend help me write it. Please.. sit down Konti. It warms a old man's heart to be in presence of such beauty as yourself.” Iosha felt her heart in her throat when she heard his kind words. The silver blond woman tried to hide the blush that fill her face.
Last edited by Iosha on July 4th, 2013, 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Sira on March 18th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Sira received the order through the usual wind eagle channels, a message entering her mind with a location and who she was to meet in the morning. It was a bit unusual to be assigned to an official hunt without Aidara. Perhaps this was just a spur of the moment thing. Sira knew that Addy was assigned to healing the following morning, which meant they wouldn't have been working together that day anyway. Usually when that happened, Sira just hunted tuna in the bay by herself. It was easy and productive. But special hunts generally had her working alongside her rider. Still, it was something to break the monotony of things. The couple had not been given a special hunt in a while, and while Sira felt sorry for Addy that she couldn't come along, she was still excited to see what was in store for them.

Sira did not bother with her saddle, she did not expect to be flying anyone. It was generally considered disrespectful to ask a wind eagle to fly someone other than their rider, especially when that rider would not be present at all. Wind eagles did it when necessary, and some of them allowed an avora to join their endal in the saddle to provide extra support on the hunt, but more often than not it was considered un-polite not to ask an eagle to transport anyone other than their endal.

That did not mean it didn't happen, of course. If people needed to be flown somewhere, somebody had to do it. All that being said, Sira wasn't expecting it, and so she did not prepare her saddle. She did get together her bag, however, filling it with her clothing, bow, arrows, and sword, as well as some water and a bit of trail rations. All of it was the usual stuff that Sira brought with her when going on a hunt, so it didn't take her long to put everything together. Once everything was ready Sira shifted, grabbed the bag with her talon, then took wing.

The flight down to Thunder Bay was an easy one. It was a straight shot from her aerie to the coastal settlement, and it wasn't a very long flight either. Mostly just an easy glide down from the mountain, very little flapping involved, and the warm air coming up from the volcanic vents dotting the mountainside allowed her to maintain a good altitude as well. Sira personally had never been to the God's Perch, but she knew where it was. She had seen it many times, and while she was sure the view was marvelous, Sira was fairly certain it could not trumph the view from the sky itself.

When she arrived she sent the endal and his eagle a mental greeting, though she did not send one to Iosha. Instead she landed on the hillside, dropping her bag of gear, and immediately shifted into her human form, waving to the konti as she stood up.

"Good to see you again, Iosha," Sira said as she pulled her katinu, the inartan version of a cloak, out of her bag and wrapped it around herself. She didn't know if they were going to be flying again, so she didn't want to waste time getting fully dressed just yet.

"So, what's the plan? I didn't know you two were going to be here," she questioned, looking over at the endal and his eagle.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Arandolya on March 23rd, 2013, 1:49 am

It was early morning, and Arandolya was returning home to get her bow and arrow before venturing out to Thunder Bay where she hoped to bring back some of the plentiful prey that ran amok. Humming quietly to herself, Arandolya navigated the mountain with the ease of an Inarta born and raised within the warm home, coming up to where she lived in a modest dwelling of an Avora. "You are Arandolya, correct?" came a meek voice behind the woman. Arandolya paused with her hand on the door to her home, looking over her shoulder to the young Yasi that approached. Curious, Arandolya nodded silently. "I was sent to give this to you," the girl said with a light smile, handing over a small scroll. "I was looking for you earlier this morning, but you weren't at home."
"No," Arandolya said as she took the piece of paper, "I was outside to watch the sunrise," she explained. "Thank you for delivering this." The girl nodded and ran off, another paper in hand no doubt needing to be given.

Entering her home, Arandolya opened up the scroll with a small frown. She almost never received mail, actually, she don't think she ever really did. Written in a neat and short script were orders to meeting Endal Sira and Iosha at God's Perch by mid-day, short and sweet. It seemed official, though it only brought more confusion than clarification. To send a guest on a special hunt seemed odd, even herself being chosen didn't fully make sense. Even so, Arandolya couldn't argue with it and moved quickly. She would have to leave soon if she wished to get there on time. She wondered if they purposely selected a spot everyone but Endals would have a difficult time getting to. Probably.

Arandolya left her house moments later, backpack with her waterskin, flint and steel (she tended to just keep it in there), kantinu, and a bit of food. At the last moment she grabbed the letter and stuffed it into her bag. Her arrows were quite small and she wore her quiver on her hip, her composite shortbow grasped in hand, unstrung for now. Running a hand through the mass of red curls on her head, she didn't bother with trying to sort it out. The woman quickly strode back into the mountain. Trith twittered slightly as she left, but the bird flew away, supposedly uninterested in joining Arandolya today.

Arandlya knew if she walked there she would most likely arrive bells late, and cursed the child who found her later in the day. Why didn't they send it last night, at least? Arandolya paused as she walked and her brow furrowed in thought. Ah ... there was that knock on the door she thought she'd heard, but it was so late Arandolya figured it was just her mind and dismissed it as it didn't come again.

She went to the Endal section of the mountain, and looked around for anyone. When a young man brushed past, Arandolya called out, "Endal!" The man turned on his heel in a smooth move, arching an eyebrow at the female.
"Do you have a message?" he asked, though a quick glance at the bow Arandolya held only made him shake his head. "I am not hunting with a second rider today. I am going with a wing of Endals down to Thunder Bay. Dismissed, Avora." He waved a hand and moved to depart once more. Arandolya with a flash of irritation suppressed a growl and moved to stand in front of the man.
"I do not request the honor to hunt with you, Endal, only if you will fly me to God's Perch if you are already going down to Thunder Bay," Arandolya asked, having to look upwards to meet the taller man's narrowed gaze.
"And why would I go out of my way for an Avora I do not know?" Because it's nice, and though I know that's a new concept for you, generally it's a great part of human nature. Of course Arandolya didn't say that thought and only retrieved the letter to present. He took it, none too gently, from her hands and poured over it, examining the print, and looking at the back.

Arandolya waited patiently as the Endal examined the piece of paper, though it must have been official as the Endal seemed to recognize the method of orders. "Sometimes the Avora I hunt with come with these, though we receive orders otherwise," he said with a brief nod. "Alright, since it would be dishonorable to keep an Endal waiting, I will take you down. We leave in three chimes." The hard look he gave her made Arandolya feel like it was her she couldn't get to God's Perch alone! She only diverted her gaze with a demure thanks.

Arandolya was flying behind the man almost exactly three chimes later, his Eagle having accepted to fly her - abet quite reluctantly. She glanced down at the dizzying height, and kept a strong hold on her bow, as the last thing she needed was it to go spiraling downwards. What would have taken bells took a less than half of one to fly, the Eagle landing in a flurry of feathers beside the others. "Thank you, I really appreciate the ride," Arandolya said as she slipped off, bowing to both Endal and Eagle. The Endal only shrugged, and bowed his head respectfully to the other two Endal before taking off again to join the hunting wing he was a part of today.

The hunter turned to look at her two companions, bowing her head once more in respect to the presence of two Endal and the one Wind Eagle. "Honored, Endals," she said politely. Arandolya smiled at the Wind Eagle and greeted them as well. The gaze that alighted on Iosha though was warmer and friendly in recognition. "Iosha, pleasure to see you again." She looked towards the older Endal who seemed to be the one who summoned them and tilted her head slightly. "May I ask what the plan is today?"
Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Words: 96016
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Iosha on March 24th, 2013, 5:28 am

Iosha leaned up against the trunk of the tree waiting for the other two to arrive at the perch. She sat there admiring the scenery, and she started to wonder to herself where her father crashed an died. It was a morbid thought to think when you were surrounded by such beauty, but most of Iosha's focus as of late had been on her father, and her own training before heading into the Unforgiving. The old man was stroking the Wind Eagles head as he waited in silence for the Sira and Aran to arrive. Iosha looked up into the sky, and she saw a dark bluish wind eagle flying towards them. Even if she met wind eagles before, they still had the ability to amaze the young Konti. Iosha watched the dark blueish eagle land, and in a puff light and smoke the large eagle shifted into her human form, Sira. The pale woman smile widen when she saw her friend land, but she decided to advert her eyes when she slipped on a her katinu. She wanted to give the red haired woman some privacy, and she was trying to hide the slight blush on her face too. When she had her cloak, Iosha turned to look at her friend, “Good to see you too, Sira. I have complement you on your Wind Eagle form. You are definitely a majestic and beautiful bird.” Iosha stopped for a moment and ran a hand through her head and said to the kelvic with a laugh, “Wow, I am a incorrigible at times. Did it sound like I was flirting with you, Sira?”

The older Endal named Taliss smirked at the Konti and the Wind Eagle just shook his head. The Wind Eagle Gurin decided to make small talk with the younger wind eagle, so he turned his head to Sira and sent a telepathic message to kelvic, “My heart sings when I saw you again Sira. How was the flight down?” The Endal looked at Iosha, and he said nothing still waiting for the third to arrive. When Sira asked her question, Taliss looked at her with his whitish red hair and answered sadly, “I am just here to tell you three about the situation. Besides, Gurin and I are getting too old for hunt like this one, Endal Sira. I will be turning sixty in the summer, and my bone are starting to hurt to much to endure another cold spring night in the Unforgiving. Besides, I have faith in your ability to lead these three in the hunt.” The Wind Eagle shook his head as he heard Taliss complaining to Sira and said sadly in her mind, “Honestly, I was the one who told him not to go on the hunt. He is stubborn and full of pride, but my Taliss' mind is starting to fail him, and he would just be burden to you three young-lings.” The old man smiled and said to them both, “My name is Taliss and my old chicken is named Gurin..” The shot a annoyed look at the old Endal and said loud enough telepathically for both Sira and Taliss to hear, “You are lucky you are bonded to me Old man because I have half a mind to pick you up and drop you in a deep lake somewhere right now!”

Iosha knew the Old Endal named Taliss was teasing his Wind Eagle, but being just a Avora, Iosha had to bit her lip from laughing at the old man's joke. She looked at Sira and said playfully with a wink, “I am kind of wondering if I am starting to see the future of you and Addy in the far off future. It will be interesting to see you two when both of you are old and white...” The old man gave his friend a pat on the head, and he looked up over the hill, and he saw another woman walking towards the tree. He smiled at the young woman, waved her over, and listened to her greeting and question. Iosha smiled at her drinking buddy, and she said to her with a half grin, “It looked like you survived the night, Arandoyla. It is good to see you again too.” Taliss waited till they all introduced themselves to each before he decided to get down to business and he said adding a serious tone to his voice, “Ever since winter, I had been training a group of six young Chiet hunters. When spring came around, I sent them north of Wind Reach to hunt the elk along the shoreline forests of the north. They were only supposed to be gone for a week, but it had been two weeks since they have returned from their hunt.” Talis continued sadly, “When I went to their base camp, they were missing except for the body of one of largest boys...” He took a deep breath and said sadly, “Honestly, I believe we are dealing with one of the monsters from the Djed storm last spring, but I can't say for sure..”

The wind eagle Gurin sent a message to Sira and he added to his story, “Honestly, Taliss and I wanted to keep this detail from the lower castes, but we feel you should know...the body of the boy killed was found with no head. Also we found his body in a tree. It disturbed me enough to think of any creature around Wind Reach that would take the head of it prey and hide the body in a tree. Whatever the creature is needs to be killed before it make it way south.”
Last edited by Iosha on April 29th, 2013, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Sira on April 9th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Pleasant and warm, Sira mentally responded to the other eagle's question about the flight down. The vents were extra active today, I think, so there was plenty of warm air to float on.

When Arandolya arrived Sira was pleased to discover that she and Iosha knew each other. It was always better when people were familiar with each other on hunts like the one they were going to go on. It made sure there wasn't any awkwardness, and made it easier to work together than with a bunch of strangers. Sira was quick to introduce herself as well when Aran addressed her.

"Just call me Sira, out here. No need for titles on the hunt."

It was a common thing among many endal, in fact, to eschew their titles while on the hunt. Though they still held their rank, and were still the ones in charge, many endal considered the hunt to be the one place they could truly let loose and be themselves. In Wind Reach they had a part to play, but out on the hunt, the Unforgiving did not care if they were endal, avora, or even dek. Everyone was equal. It also seemed to help with moral, and that was of great importance.

The cheery atmosphere created by the introductions quickly changed as Taliss explained the situation. For Sira the mood grew even more somber as Gurin filled her in on the finer details the others were not privy to. The endal's face turned grim, and suddenly the situation became much more serious. They were on a hunt as much as a rescue mission. It was a good thing Iosha was there, because her healing might just come in handy. Sira considered requesting that Aidara come along as well. The healer would put aside her duties at the infirmary if she was actually needed on the hunt, but Sira decided against it. Things were hard on both of them, and while Sira could take it, she did not want to expose Addy to any more death than necessary.

"I've seen one of the monsters before. It was dead, but it was a two headed bear, and it tore an experienced hunter apart. This one might be different.. but they are very dangerous. Sira paused, giving both Iosha and Arandolya stern looks. "Are you two prepared for something like this?"

Sira herself was not afraid. Cautious, yes, but afraid? No. She had too much experience with 'monsters' to be afraid of them anymore. Her life, short as it was, had hardened her against such things. She was, however, concerned for her two companions.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arandolya on April 26th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Endal Sira was quick to dismiss the need for titles on the hunt, as many of her rank did the moment they entered the Unforgiving. All the same, Arandolya nodded respectfully in acknowledgement, before turning her attention to the two older Endals. Though she would love to simply sit around and chat and have a wonderful picnic day, Arandolya was glad the Endal went straight to business to lay out what needed to be done. "I am just here to tell you three about the situation. Besides, Gurin and I are getting too old for hunt like this one, Endal Sira. I will be turning sixty in the summer, and my bone are starting to hurt to much to endure another cold spring night in the Unforgiving. Besides, I have faith in your ability to lead these three in the hunt."

Arandolya felt this was no simply hunting mission, and it was confirmed as Taliss began to explain what exactly they were going after. "Ever since Winter, I had been training a group of six young Chiet hunters ..." Arandolya listened as he outlined how the group of them went missing on a hunt alone, except for one boy. The body of the largest boy found? Perhaps he was the one to put up too much of a fight. Arandolya's golden eyes grew even more concerned as Taliss finished, "Honestly, I believe we are dealing with one of the monsters from the Djed storm last spring, but I can't say for sure.."

He was a sending an Avora hunter to track this thing down? Though she understood the selection of Iosha, as her healing abilities would no doubt be useful if whatever this thing was was as dangerous as assumed, Arandolya wondered why another Endal was not sent. Even Kovac had better boasts with the bow than she. However, here she was, and Arandolya could only hope she would not hinder the others as they pursued such a creature.

It was then that Sira spoke, blunt as ever, "I've seen one of the monsters before. It was dead, but it was a two headed bear, and it tore an experienced hunter apart. This one might be different.. but they are very dangerous." Arandolya turned her golden gaze towards the woman and nodded in silent agreement. "Are you two prepared for something like this?"

Looking towards Iosha briefly, the young woman tightened her hold on her bow, the smooth wood a small reassurance. "I don't think I could ever be properly prepared to meet such a creature, seeing as we don't even know what it is, though I will come nonetheless," she said steadily. This thing had to be eliminated before it posed a threat to more Inarta hunters, and perhaps they could rescue the boys as well. There as no way Arandolya could back out without shame, nor did she want to. Wind Reach called for her service, and help, and the Avora willingly answered.
Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Iosha on April 30th, 2013, 2:17 am

Iosha listened in silence while the other two women were conversing with the Endal. She didn't like the idea of going blindly into the Unforgiving looking for something that might have killed six experienced hunters. Iosha knew that she would be vital out in the wilderness if anyone was found alive. Also, she found solace in the fact that Arandolya and Sira are both experienced hunters with many years of experience in the Unforgiving since Iosha knew nothing of the wilderness surrounding Wind Reach. The konti knew if anything happened to both Sira and Arandolya than she would be in trouble if she was left alone in the forest. When Sira asked her question about dealing with a possible deadly situation, Iosha looked at Sira and said seriously, “I am not going to lie to myself you both and say I am not scared, but I will not stand by while people are getting hurt either.” The statement was pretty clear to everyone that she wasn't going to tuck-tail and run. Iosha knew her pride wouldn't allow her to back down from a challenge. Iosha dealt with a lot of situation that challenged her soul during the winter months, so she knew she could handle a “monster”. Iosha looked at Taliss and asked bluntly, “I assume you want me to locate and uncover the bodies of the dead too? I am going to warn you, Taliss. I am not much off a warrior.”

Taliss turned his attention to the pale woman and said with a nod, “Yes, I spoke to the Valintar, and he informed me of your Konti Gift. I know you have the ability to see the events leading up to a persons death, so it will definitely come in useful to identify the creature.” Taliss looked at the sword at her hip and bow on her back and said with a smile, “You might not be a warrior, konti, but I know you are skilled in reimancy, so I know you aren't defenseless.” Iosha narrowed her eyes at the Endal when he just revealed to the world that she was a wizard. She wanted to keep it a secret for as long as she could, but the old fool had to spill the truth about her secret. Iosha shook her head and glanced at Sira and Arandolya before admitting to the old man, “Yes, I am a wizard...” Iosha was clearly annoyed at the old man for his lack of desecration. She just wished she could have told Sira and Arandolya on her own terms instead of being outed by the oldest man in Wind Reach. Taliss looked at the both Arandolya and Sira and said finally, “Your main priority are to locate the beast and slay it. The second priority is to look for survivors or the bodies of the six hunters. The group was made up of three teenage women and men, so I hope it helps you identify to bodies when you find them.” The old man pulls a scroll out of his pouch and hands it to Sira, “I put the location of the base camp on the map. It will take you three a day walk if you hug the coastline, and their camp was located by the trees near the beach. I left the camp the way I found it, so you should be able to see the two tents from shore.” Taliss turned to the group of adventures and said softly, “If there isn't anymore questions than I will take my leave of you three ladies.” Gurin looked at Sira and sent a message in her mind, “Sira, I know humans have a tendency towards compassion at times, but if the creature is not a beast, and if it is found it to be mortal than I want you to kill it. We are Wind Eagles, and I want you to set a example to whatever or whoever is killing Inarta in Wind Eagle domain since we protect what is ours.”

Iosha watched as the Endal got on his Wind Eagle and flew back to the city. She didn't have any questions for the old man because he clearly didn't know as much as he told them. The konti turned to her attention to the other women and said softly, “Shall we go? We have a long walk ahead of us.” As she stood there waiting for her companions to leave, Iosha was getting a bad feeling that the simple hunting trip wasn't going to be as simple as she thought it was going to be. She looked at both the experienced hunters and wondered if she would just get in the way of them. Especially when she just started her archery lessons with Kovac a few seasons ago. Iosha reached into her pocket and tied her hair back in a pony tail, and she decided to follow behind the two hunters as they made there way down the hill.
Last edited by Iosha on July 4th, 2013, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Sira on June 5th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Don't worry, I will kill it. Oh, and tell Addy I will be gone for a few days, Sira mentally whispered to the wind eagle as he and his rider flew off.

The kelvic unrolled the scroll, staring at the map for a few ticks. While she loathed the idea of walking three days to somewhere she could fly in a few bells, it would be the smartest decision to do so. From the air she might miss signs on the ground, obscured by the trees, that she might otherwise find on foot. It would be better to walk, as much as Sira hated to admit it.

"Yeah, let's get going. We have a long walk ahead of us. Keep your eyes open for a good place to camp for the night. ..and we should probably watch out for any wildlife along the way. I didn't bring very much food with me."

Sira had only brought what she usually did when she was going on a short hunt by herself. A sack, which was easily carried in her talons, that contained her clothing, bow and arrows, and her talon sword. This time she had tossed in a few snacks, but she wasn't prepared for a three day minimum journey. Once everybody was ready, Sira led the way, heading in the general direction the map indicated that they should travel. Hopefully they wouldn't encounter too much trouble along the way.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arandolya on June 30th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Arandolya looked towards Iosha with a small nod, noting herself how she had packed very little in concern of supplies for overnight journeys. Taking a moment to string her bow, she followed Sira, fingers brushing the tops of her arrows. She would have to remember to retrieve all of her arrows, seeing as none could be wasted when it appeared they would be gone for a few days minimum. Glancing behind her, Arandolya smiled at the Konti, and gestured for the woman to walk at her side, glad for someone familiar.

As the group moved down the mountain, Arandolya kept eyes and ears alert for prey as Sira had indicated was necessary, looking at the ground for signs. She paused once to examine a piece of scat, but upon prodding it with a stick she realized it was days old. Though she absently wondered why Sira did not take wing and catch some prey that neither her nor Iosha would be able to take down, Arandolya was glad the Endal opted to stay at their side. Perhaps she didn't want to fly alone?

Keeping to her own thoughts, Arandolya stopped as she spotted movement within the trees, waving to Iosha and Sira to pause. She ventured a step forwards, glancing down to ensure her foot didn't land on a twig or dry leaves, peeking through the foliage towards the rustled undergrowth that had caught her eye. Nothing large, but it wasn't like they could conveniently haul around a deer to where ever they were to camp anyways. An arrow placed to her drawn bowstring, Arandolya waited, golden gaze keen on the rustling grasses, pointing the sharp arrow tip towards it. A rabbit, plump from the blooms, ventured out, ears twitching and nose sniffing the air. Before it could take the moment to register Arandolya as a threat or not, the hunter quickly adjusted her aim and released. The still target was small, though Arandolya managed to get the arrow into its side. Wringing the creature's neck, Arandolya saved it of the moments of pain before death. As she walked back, Arandolya removed the arrow. Her nose wrinkled at the blood that clung to the tip, pausing to wipe it off on the grass. The Inarta smiled at the two, and said in hesitant Common, "Sorry, ah, we continue?"
Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Iosha on July 4th, 2013, 9:49 pm

One Bell after Noon

The trek up along the coast was rugged and windy since it was early spring. If it wasn't early spring, Iosha would have chosen to swim up the coast instead of walking up it, but she knew in the spring the water would be to cold, so she wouldn't make it up there because she would freeze halfway through the trip. Iosha knew she wasn't alone on this journey since Arandolya and Sira were with her too on the trek, so the option of swimming was totally out. Most of the coastline was majority cliffs, rocky shore lines and a occasional agate beaches.The konti wasn't surprised the coast line was made up of cliffs and rocks because to their west was a vast range of coastal mountains. It would be a beautiful sight to behold if there weren't hostile predators in the forest and mountains that wouldn't hesitant to kill the hunters. Often the three woman would find themselves needing to bypass into the mountain forest to avoid the obstacles near the coast. As Iosha struggled through the rocky terrain, Sira and Arandolya seemed unconcerned by the terrain since they seemed to have traveled it many times before during the course of their lives. On the other hand, Iosha wasn't used to traveling in such rocky terrain because the wilderness she was most familiar too, Taldera, was quite flat with scattering of pine forests throughout the frozen land. When they had to hug the shoreline, Iosha found herself constantly slipping on algae covered rocks or tripping over exposed roots. It was a difficult journey, but she manage to keep up with the two Inarta. Suddenly, she heard a chilling sound of multiple howls one after another off in the distance. They didn't seem quite like the howls made by wolfs in Taldera, so the oddness of the howl made the darken the atmosphere of the overcast morning.

Four Bells after Noon

Suddenly, Arandolya put her hand up for them to stop as she motioned to movement in the trees. Iosha immediately put a hand on the hilt of her sword. The whole trip up the coast since she heard the strange howls. The konti had been constantly peering into the forest for any signs of wildlife or monster. There were no signs of animal life accept for the occasional sounds of the strange howls off in the distance. The konti had been noticing they have been getting closer to them as the day progressed, and she often found herself subconsciously slipping her hand to her sword hilt for added security. Arandolya took a arrow from her quiver and placed it on the bowstring ready to strike. Iosha slowly slide her sword from her sheathe as the rustling in the bushes continued. Suddenly, a plump rabbit jump out of the undergrowth and Arandolya pulled the bowstring to her cheek and fired at the long eared rodent. The arrow hit it mark, and the small woodland creature was instantly killed by the long arrow. Iosha turned red with embarrassment at her skittish behavior, and she laughed at herself and said to Arandolya, “Nice shot! I guess we don't have to worry about dinner, Arandolya.” Suddenly, she heard the bone chilling howls once again, and Iosha turned west towards the mountains and asked the other two women without looking at them, “Am I going crazy, or did you two just hear those strange howls too? I have been to Taldera, and I heard wolves howl before and those don't seem like normal wolves to me.” The howls were continuous for a couple chimes than they stopped abruptly leaving them with the sounds of wind blowing through the pine forest. Iosha sheathed her long sword and ran a slightly trembling hand through her white hair, and she thought to herself with a expressionless face, “Are those wolves following us?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Next