Searching for Herbs (Near the Shinya Rest) seeker

Ayda wants to collect some herbs and asks seeker to aid him

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Ayda on March 20th, 2013, 3:20 pm

20th day of Spring, 513 av

Ayda remembered the lush and exotic flora that populated the misty peaks during his travels to Lhavit. The Etheafal wanted to examine and learn more about them but the company he was with at the time wouldn't allow it. Now that he had a bit more freedom Ayda was determined to do what he couldn't before. The Ethaefal didn't want to go alone however, so he requested his Adventurous Pycon friend Seeker to join him. Everyone knew that going out side of cities was dangerous and Ayda was no exception but he none the less avoided asking for a Shinya protection. Ayda instead decided to stay near the Shinya rest so that him and his companion could call if anything happened.

While the weather in the city was still unbearably hot for most people the misty peaks was pleasantly cool in comparison. A subtle breeze could be felt every so often, and it animated the trees in the area. The Waterfall cascading near the side of the Shinya rest was beautiful and the relaxing water sounds it made gave the environment a nice relaxing feel. Being day time, The Ethaefal was in his most beautiful and stable form so he could appreciate the scenery with a clear mind. Ayda's blonde hair and pastel green robe gently moved with the wind and his lilac horns matched some of the blooming flowers. He felt like he was where he truely belonged.

"Are you ready to go a bit deeper into the wood, my friend? Ayda asked while looking down at his smaller friend.
Last edited by Ayda on March 30th, 2013, 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Searching for Herbs (Near the Shinya Rest)

Postby Seeker on March 20th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Seeker
Seeker nodded as he looked around the area, watching as the trees gently swayed in the wind. His urges to explore had reached almost unbearable peaks during the winter season and now that he was out with Ayda, about to set off on an adventure of exploration, he couldn't wait. "I am more ready than I probably should be." He stated, a smile clear in his voice. "With the winter snows, I felt like a caged bird." His voice now quieter than before as he spun his Py Strings about, not aiming at anything in particular, more for the release of pent up energy.

"Where exactly are we shipping off to?" He asked as he eyed a particularly dense cluster of trees. Honestly, I would be happy with anything. Exploration can happen anywhere- although it would be particularly interesting if we found an overgrown path. Perhaps it could lead to some forgotten place.

Slowly Seeker started to spin in a circle, taking in the panorama that surrounded them through the partially obscured view of his twirling Py Strings. "I should probably correct myself, we're not technically shipping off anywhere- so there probably isn't any need for nautical terminology." Coming to a slow stop, he faced Ayda and began to slightly bounce on the balls of his feet; waiting for an answer as he did so.
Seeker's Character Sheet

~When you st out on your journey,
pray that the path is long; and that
it is a never ending fountain of
knowledge and adventure.~ Seeker Image
Seeker
Player

Words: 19872
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 21st, 2013, 2:54 am

Ayda appreciated seekers enthusiasm for their modest but hopefully interesting, Ayda didn't realize how cooped up and restricted he was during the winter having only been born at the beginning of winter he hadn't experience any other season. Ayda only had dreams of other seasons and it was nice to see them come to life in front of him.

"As wonderful as it would be to go down a beaten path, I have a feeling it would be far to dangerous to stray from the Shinya rest." Ayda responded with a warning tone" I was thinking we should look at what herbs we can find in the area."
This proposal didn't sound as epic a quest as Seeker seemed to be craving, and Ayda tried to think of something to make it sound more thrilling.
"We might find treasure on the way, or some form of relic at least" Ayda said with weak optimism.
He knew the likely hood of finding anything resembling a relic would be rare in this forest especially if they stuck so close to the Shinya rest.

Ayda spotted a rather interesting plant in the distance that caught his attention, it looked like small pick fluff balls.
" Let us go in the forest shall we" He said abruptly while heading into the foliage of the misty forest toward the strange plant. As he go closer he could tell it was Bulboru flower a flower that only bloomed in spring and was used to cure fevers.
"ohh look at this It is a patch of Bulboru flowers, are they not beautiful? they help cure fevers but they are best harvested in fall." Ayda said with sudden enthusiasm.
Despite his chipperness he was a bit saddened by his realization that he wouldn't get to harvest them but he was hopeful for better discoveries deeper in the forest.
Last edited by Ayda on March 30th, 2013, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 21st, 2013, 7:23 pm

Seeker
Seeker signed and nodded. "Yes, you are right. At this time it would, perhaps, not be the best idea to stray too far from where we know we are at least moderately safe." Taking pause to carefully look over the plant life in the area Seeker nodded once again. "That does sound interesting; if you know an environment, you better know how different groups and animals acclimate and adapt to it. And perhaps even be able to predict different migratory patterns and such like that." He said, motioning to the forest around them and the mountains as well.

Seeker perked up at Ayda's mention of possible treasure- but then thought about the likely hood of that actually happening. Treasure... That would be nice. Or at least a relic of something; but, that probably is not gonna happen. But being hopeful is always a positive thing I guess.

His friends declaration of exploration into the forest broke his train of thought momentarily. "Alright!" He agreed as he followed the taller man over to the mound of pinkness. "They are quite beautiful; but how exactly do they cure fevers? Is it something actually in the plant? And what part of the plant? Like, does it use a certain toxin to defend itself that has a positive impact on humanoid creatures?" He was genuinely curious. He didn't know very much about plants. Animals and minerals were his forte.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 21st, 2013, 11:02 pm

"I believe it is the roots that is the part of the plant containing the cure." Ayda said in response to the Pycons Question. "I do not how it cures fever, your theory could be correct, further research may need to be done on the matter"
Ayda stood back up ready to look for more beautiful sights he could see in the forest.
"let us look for more sights" Ayda said with a hand gesture to seeker welcoming the Pycon to join him.

The beautiful misty forest was very dream like but also a bit ominous. The fog that was present with in the forest obscured the some of the environment.
The Bulboru flower was fairly common with in the forest but he was beginning to take notice of the moss that seemed to blanket most of the forest floor.
He eventually recognized it as a type of Moss which can help cure fatigue and muscle pain. He forgot the name of the moss but was pretty sure he correct in his analysis. The Ethaefal fished for his eating knife out of his bag and tried to pry some of the moss of a rock that was covered in the moss.
"I believe this moss we have been standing on can be used...uh... to cure fatigue and Muscle aches" Ayda said as he struggled to pry the moss of the rock with his unsuited knife.

Ayda was so engrossed in collecting the moss he failed to see the white fox in the distance only slightly visable amongst the mist.
Last edited by Ayda on March 30th, 2013, 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 22nd, 2013, 3:33 pm

Seeker
"There's another question that that leads to them." He stated as he looked more carefully at the flower. "As to whether it actually cures the fever or merely suppresses it until its initial cause has passed." Stroking the flowers pink puffs, Seeker nearly missed Ayda's suggestion of moving on and further exploring the area but quickly he followed after his friend as they meandered through the area.

Seeker however, did not miss the ominous air that had descended around them. Initially he attributed the sense of danger to the fog and the way that it overlay-ed the area, but as he watched his friend try and pry some moss off of a nearby rock he was not completely sure that that was the case.

At Ayda's mention of the moss, Seeker glanced down at the ground. He had noticed the springy-ness that the moss imparted to his step but had not really cared to look down and determine the cause. He figured the soil was just loose and airy from rainfall and animal tillage, but Ayda was correct. Moss stretched over much of the area and covered downed logs as well as the rocks such as the one Ayda was currently playing around with.

"Might I suggest something?" He said, coming up to stand next to the rock that his friends attention was focused on. "Why not cut into the softer ground to pry off a square of moss? The soil is much more forgiving than the rock- and will give much easier."

He was about to motion to a lush patch of moss not far from the rock they currently stood by but a flash of white caught his attention. Transfixed, Seeker eyed the small but sleek animal as it stared him down. Quietly, Seeker began to whisper to his friend. "I think, we have company." He began as he eyed the creature that was barely taller than he was. "It is quite beautiful- though now I see why they were nearly brought to extinction." He quietly whispered to himself.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 23rd, 2013, 8:09 pm

Ayda
Realizing he had unintentionally ignored what Seeker had said earlier, Ayda looked up from the moss he was trying to break free from the rock and looked in seekers direction.
"I suppose ether of the theories you have on the Bulboru roots could be accurate, I personally like to think the roots posses Djed that strengthen other Djed allowing them to overcome aliments like fever." Ayda explained and then turned back to the prying fo moss off the rock
" This Moss possessing a different Djed could react with things differently, I feel that the moss may have a more energetic aligned Djed that could manifest...... in fast growth for the plant but in a sentient creature.... it cures fatigue." The Ethaefal said as he continued to struggle with the moss.
"it is but a theory of mine though and could very likely be false"

As Ayda struggled with the stubborn moss that refused to budge from the rock, Seeker suggested taking the moss from the soil. Ayda had first considered this but didn't want to get wet dirt in his bag, but it was beginning to become the Ethaefal's only option as the moss simply would not come free from the rock.
"I did not want to get my bag dirty but you are most certainly right this moss is not going to come off this rock"
Ayda moved to a different location on the forest floor where the moss seemed to be the most loose. There was a patch of fairly looking moss that seemed to be loose and Ayda went to work on it right way. The moss was damp and surrounded by wet mud which quickly got on Ayda's hand as he cut the moss free.

Seeker whispered to Ayda that the two of them had company knowing the kind of place they were in was filled with danger he quickly but silently surveyed his surroundings expecting something dangerous. Ayda Almost missed the small white fox observing them from within the fog. It was quite a magnificent sight but was suddenly startled by something behind it causing it to run away.
"aww what a shame the poor thing was scared away" Ayda sighed
"want to go a bit further to see if we can see any more interesting sights?
Last edited by Ayda on March 30th, 2013, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 28th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Seeker

Seeker watched as the fox scurried away. Glancing about where the fox had been, he tried to determine what exactly it was that scared the poor creature. Both he and Ayda had been fairly quite. And their movements had been fairly limited... Perhaps the creature sensed something else. He thought as he heard Ayda begin to speak.
"Want to go a bit further to see if we can see any more interesting sights?Snapping out of his train of thought, Seeker nodded and tore his gaze away from the spot which the fox had occupied.

"Yeah, let's go in a bit further. I'm intrigued by what we may find." He explained as he walked over to Ayda's side, ready to follow him if he spotted any more interesting plants.

"What do you think the chances are of us running into a wolverine? I don't exactly fancy a face to face tango with one." He said quietly as he looked around the area- back to scanning for what could have scarred the fox away.
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 30th, 2013, 4:17 am

Ayda
"I do not imagine I would ether" Ayda said as he stepped over a large root sticking out of the moss covered ground. "they do not sound like they are very friendly"
Ayda didn't know to much about wolverines but he did know enough to stay away from them.
The Ethaefal wondered again if this excursion was a very wise decision with all the possible dangerous animals that could pop out at any moment. He reassured himself that the two of them could handle themselves until the Shinya arrive to rescue them.

Ayda didn't see any thing remarkable as the fog was becoming far to thick, what he did start to become aware of was the subtle sound of ominous whispers. Ayda felt eyes on him from within the trees but couldn't tell tell from where.
"I am afraid we are not alone" Ayda whispered to his shorter friend with his eyes looking to the trees.
Ayda sat still for a while and indicated to Seeker through hand gestures that he should do the same. Ayda could hear a bit more talking, at first he though he just wasn't hearing the mysterious voices properly but he realized they were not speaking the common tongue.

Ayda

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on April 1st, 2013, 5:49 pm

Seeker
Seeker could only nod in accent when he heard Ayda's statement. "I do believe you are correct my friend." Coming to a stop shortly behind Ayda, Seeker attempted to see through the all encompassing fog. "I cannot quite understand what is being said." He whispered, almost silently so that Ayda would be the only one to hear. "Do you think it could just be other travelers? Perhaps foreigners that are not very proficient in the languages of the area?" He didn't put his faith into this idea, but it was possible, and much better than the alternative.

oocSorry about taking so long to post. My family made me join in holiday festivities and the like. Also, want me to start controling one of the spider- bitches?
Seeker's Character Sheet

Seeker
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets