OOC Info Still Waters Run Deep

Feel free to post any and all OOC chatter for Kenash and Cyphrus here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Gossamer on March 21st, 2013, 6:12 pm

Kenash is officially an open forum as of September 1st, 2013.

Please use this thread for all your OOC needs. Keep in mind, that while Kenash is open, it's completely and utterly unfinished. Most cities enjoy this 'unfinished' status for years. Kenash is no exception. So keep an eye on the documentation. Things are subject to change a great deal. And make sure you read the forum rules, the Codex, and familiarize yourself with the layout and landscape of the city.

And above all, Welcome!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Banickle on September 2nd, 2013, 4:45 pm

Greetings Kenasherns, One and All!

So, yes, the moment has finally arrived. Kenash is officially open for business! However, oh me, oh my, someone - most likely a useless slave that needs to be beaten - seems to have left the pasture gates open, because it appears that more than a few details have flown the coop!

While the city is indeed open, it is not exactly fit as a fiddle, nor is it right as rain. There is still a good deal to be done, but, well, we were eager to throw open the gates at the very start of the new season, regardless of our current condition. So, please, read and review, lightly plot and plan, but don't get carried away just yet. I would think that by the end of this week, we should be looking a bit less under the weather.

"But, but, Banickle. We, well...we want to play noooow!"

Yeah. Well. I want to play, too. Trust me, after the last three months of toiling away on this sultry city of sin, there is nothing more that I want than to be able to kick back and have an adventure or ten, but, well, that cannot happen just yet. At least for me it can't. However...

It should be known that Gossamer has a riveting plot whipped up for those of you who have been with us since very early on. So keep your eyes open! From what I have heard so far, it kicks off on the very first day of Fall and it involves some very exiting Dynasty-related intrigue and mystery.

Ooo. Aaaah.

As for those of you who just jumped in within the last few days, welcome to the family! You will most certainly get your turn to shine, but until then, continue to work on your CSs, as well as your BPs if you are coming in as a Freeborn with a business or a Dynasty member.

That's right. Dynasty slots are still available! Limited, but available. So if you are thinking about joining the insanity, er, I mean, excitement that is going to be Kenash, please feel free to PM me with your dynastical requests.

Dynastical? Is that really a word? It sounds sort of naughty.

Anywho. As for what comes next, let me fill you in on a few details before I go...

THE NOT-SO-LENGTHY - yeah, riiiight - LIST OF WHAT COMES NEXT

• Character Sheets will be reviewed, over the next few days, and either checked with a green mark or intervened on (as needed), only after you Register your PC here.
  • Businesses that have been posted here, will also be reviewed and approved, but only after you Register your PC here.
  • The Grand Opening scenario will be posted up - for those of you who have been with us since the dawn of time - but you will not be allowed to participate, unless you, well, Register your PC here! Jeez. Do it already!
  • Additional parts of the Codex will be added and pieces that are already posted may be updated, as needed. So keep an eye on that.
  • Additional locations will be added to the Linkmap, including all of our lovely Plantations! You guys did a really nice job on those.
  • Additional NPCs will be transferred or added to the NPC Library.
  • Additional mini-plots will be unveiled, most likely through the use of our soon-to-be-launched Gazette thread. So be sure to keep an eye open for that and subscribe to it the moment it is released! I'm aiming for Friday.
  • A massive, four day bash will be held, in honor of Kenash's Grand Opening, at my private home in West...Chest...er. Oh, uh, wait. No, no it won't. But that sure sounded nice. Didn't it?

Okay. I think that is all for now. If I come up with anything else, I will post it up here. My goal is to be as forthcoming with news and announcements, thoughts and ideas, comments and questions, as time and life permits. So, let's do this, you sexy, sultry, nasty, and naughty Kenasherns, you!

Yeah. You know who you are.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Gossamer on September 3rd, 2013, 6:24 pm

Hi Folks-

I just wanted to throw my two cents in. First and foremost, Welcome to Kenash! There are some last minute things we will be doing this week, but until then you are all welcome to start threads and play. Here's a few things that are going to be on the agenda.

First, the city quest for the launching of Kenash is my responsibility and I'll have it posted by Saturday. I'm sorry for the delay, but life is pretty hectic right now (I didn't even go to bed last night because I had early early morning things I had to do and am just now catching shut eye). Realistically I wanted to have it ready to go for the first, but this plot is so well developed and critical to some of the 'history' of Kenash that I'm not going to rush it. It is open to everyone who's been waiting patiently for Kenash to open. We ask that the newer PCs just made in the last day or two sit this one out because others have waited longer. It starts on Fall 1 and stretches probably the next ten days.

Now, if you are a Dynasty PC, you need a business. If you don't have a business plan posted and a business location writeup posted in Locations Locations Locations! Please do so immediately. Banickle and I are going to go through the locations and put a note on each one as it is approved at the top and once you get your location noted, you can feel free to post it yourself in the city. We'll add it to the linkmap as needed. If you posted a plantation, one of the mods around here will post it when its all approved but give you full credit for the writeup at the bottom. Any other sort of location development can go into locations locations locations too. I will also be assigning perk points as the locations get moved over and installed. This could take up until this weekend to complete. Until then FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR LOCATIONS AS SETTINGS. They are all going to be approved, most with little or no changes. Just tag your thread with your business title like thus: [MY BUSINESS NAME] Thread title. Then be free to start writing.

Don't delay due to us.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Shayna on September 4th, 2013, 12:40 am

An OOC question, my CS has not been approved yet so I am not going to start RP until then etc and so forth. But as a slave born and raised in Kenash, would I still need to post an entrance post in the gates of the city? Or being a slave would that be actually in the auction house (awaiting my IC auction) ? Like I said, nothing has been Approved just yet so I am not going to be running off to post anything just so I know for future when I get things approved and such.
Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Words: 204361
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Gossamer on September 4th, 2013, 12:51 am

You don't have to wait for a CS approval to.start playing. And how you start depends on you. Do you want an auction? To you have a family in mind you want to be owned by? We can leave you up for sale to a freeboen or individual too. What do you prefer?
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Shayna on September 4th, 2013, 12:57 am

I am brand new to Mizahar so I really do not know anyone OOCly. I come to the table with a blank slate, in my back story I do mention that my Mistress is selling me (did so because I much prefer having a PC Master/Mistress). I have no problems being sold to a family or Freeborn/Individual. Preferrably RP rich opportunity :D
Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Words: 204361
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Banickle on September 4th, 2013, 3:14 am

Hello, Kenasherns, One and All!

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say that I reviewed all of the CSs of the PCs who are posted on the first page of the Kenash Registry. Your status is as follows:

• Sypha : Intervention Added
  • Lilou : Intervention Added
  • Kyra : I really only looked to see if your Seasonal Expenses were updated for Summer, and they were! So carry on.
  • Mitti : Approved!
  • Jaadis : Approved!
  • Adair : Approved!
  • Opal : Approved!
  • Katherine : PM Sent About History
  • Verena : PM Sent About History

Also, for those of you who are Dynasty members, please be mindful when describing your suite within your Plantation. You live in a really nice, good-quality room, not a palace chamber. You should really start with a good-quality fireplace, bed, chest, table, and chair. You can describe them as you see fit, just be sure that they are not too lavish. If you want something a bit more flashy, you'll have to buy it. As for general accessories and decorations, again, keep them nice, just don't go crazy. Anything out of the ordinary will have to be purchased or gifted - re: earned in a Flashback - to your PC. Oh, and your toiletries should also be of good-quality, but you do not have to pay for them. Consider them a part of your Starting Package.

I should be able to get to the rest of the PCs, on the second page of the Registry, sometime tomorrow night. If you have any questions or concerns, PM me! For now...

Night, night. Don't let the swamp ticks bite!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Banickle on September 5th, 2013, 5:02 am

Hello, Kenasherns, One and All!

I just wanted to drop yet another quick note to say that I reviewed most of the CSs of the PCs who are posted on the second page of the Kenash Registry. Your status is as follows:

• Eyasia : PM Sent
  • Liana : PM Sent
  • Alexandre : Approved!
  • Adrienna : Approved!
  • Rowan : Approved!
  • Jack : Intervention Added
  • Inari : Approved!
  • Haeli : Ledger in Order! Go, Go, Go!
  • Kryos : Approved!

And, from our first page entries...

• Lilou : Approved!
  • Katherine : Approved!

Okay. I am just about off to bed. The remaining 4 or 5 CSs will be taken care of tomorrow night. I promise.

Also, please note, Gossamer went through and either approved or made remarks on many of the businesses that were posted up. A few even got moved over to the main page - thank you, Haeli, Opal, and Jed - which I then proceeded to attach to the Linkmap in the Codex! So feel free to explore and utalize these cool locations in threads.

I think that is all for now.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Banickle on September 6th, 2013, 5:25 am

Greetings, Kenasherns!

I made it through the last group of Registered PCs! Your status is as follows:

• Shayna : Approved!
  • Garush : Approved!
  • Jed : Approved!
  • Dulcie : Intervention Added
  • Roric : Approved!
  • Acteon : Approved!
  • Favre : Approved!

Also, from the first group...

• Verena : Approved!

That is all for now.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Gossamer on September 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Hi Folks!

I have a couple of things I want to reiterate. First and foremost, if you are a Dynasty Member, you MUST have your last name (the Dynasty name) as part of your account name. So you can't just be "Bob" you have to be Bob Askara. We need you easily recognized and acknowledged in the city as a Dynasty Brat.

Second thing... if you want to claim a location on the link map, be sure you let us know what location and WHAT YOUR BUSINESS NAME is. Flipipng through pages and pages looking at business plans etc... its kind of a pain as a mod because you guys are new and we don't know who has what when etc.

Thirdly, the major quest is going up today. I was going to a festival but at the last minute found out it was over last weekend and wasn't extended to this weekend like they'd originally planned... so I'm SOL and stuck at home today. This is irritating me. But moving on...

Fourth... if you want to be a Dynasty Member, that's fine, but we are capping membership so you need to ASK Banickle if you can be part of a Dynasty - he's got the running list of slots open. Don't assume etc. And no we are not making any more Dynasties because we have one more to introduce with the quest, and that one is definitely going to make 13. Thirteen is a beautiful number. We don't need fourteen or sixteen. We did, however, have a long period of Dynasty submissions open to the public which is closed now. If you missed out on that, I'm sorry, but it is too late.

Firth thing, if you are a Dynasty Member, you need to own a business. Don't make that business something exactly or similar to someone else in the city or the family. Look around and look for gaps. Fill the gaps. Don't overlap. There's tons of unrecognized potential in the city that can be filled.

Sixth thing. Many of you Dynasty people have asked about developing your families history and family tree. I don't have a big problem with people doing this, but I do have a big problem with one individual doing it in a family that has a lot of individuals. I asked Banickle quite a while ago his thoughts on this, but we were slammed in the Coordination thread so I'm going to make a decision on it immediately because it keeps coming up. If you want to develop your family, that's cool, but do it in a thread in the Deep Within The Swamp Forum and await our approval when you get the discussion/development done. That way individuals can weigh in and not just one person is doing all the work.

Finally... slaves. Lets get them all owned. If you are interested in wanting to own a slave, start saving money or questing to get some coin. Slaves are a function of Kenash and an important economy. Don't let the new slave PCs hang. I don't want them belonging to individuals (unless its prearranged and friends are playing with friends etc) as much as families (so no one gets left hanging when someone vanishes or gets busy or quits), so if someone has a suggestion on how to fairly let families buy them, I'm open to it.

That is all for now!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next