Closed Exchanging experiences? [Aleksi]

Grab a Drykas fighter and a human mercenary.... hilarity ensues.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Exchanging experiences? [Aleksi]

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 22nd, 2013, 12:55 pm

57th Spring, 513 AV

It was almost noon when Revy finally woke up..... and she felt horrible. Was it that time again? At least she didn't have to work today, because she knew that if she did... it would only get worse. It was worse that Zand wasn't there right now, even though she often found herself waking up in an empty bed lately. Out of all the morning, why did she have to be gone at a day like this? But it still was no reason to go moping around.

After she finally got out of bed, she first walked to the closet and took a look at the clothing she had right now. However, the choice was quickly made as she picked her woolen dress. It covered her shoulders nicely and it was comfortable. She found herself wearing her dresses more often then not lately, at least on her days off. On her working days the leather armor she owned, was still a must. After putting it on, she then tied her hair up in a ponytail. After Zand had complimented that style, the mercenary started to wear it like this quite often.

When she made it down, she first greeted Vysia. "Good morning, Vysia." She had made it a custom to at least greet the hostess, just to show respect. This was something she sorely lacked in the earlier days.

"Morning? It's already noon, Revy. Start waking up earlier if you want to say good afternoon.", Vysia replied.

Of course Vysia was right and the mercenary knew that, but after Zand had found out about Revy's insomnia problem, she managed to get the mercenary to sleep longer and more relaxed. Her problem did get fixed, but now it seemed that her body was trying to catch up on all that lost sleep. It annoyed her, but she couldn't do anything against it. She had even asked Zandelia to wake her up, but she just flat out refused to do that, because the purple-haired woman needed her sleep.

After receiving her ration of the morning, or well what was left of it, she sat down. A single piece of bread and a glass of water was what she had. It would suffice until the evening at least. She had wished that she could have some more, but she should've woken up sooner then. Oh well, what was done is done, no point regretting stuff afterwards.
Last edited by Revy Hiroe on March 22nd, 2013, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on March 22nd, 2013, 1:12 pm

Aleksi finally woke up at around noon, maybe even a tad later. Her eyes opened, barely, and the sun literally hurt them. Shivering at just the thought of getting up, she mumbled in Pavi.
It felt almost as if all the life was sucked right out of her and her mind could only feel and think of pain at that moment.
She remembered nothing from the day before when she woke up, but as time passed, she started grasping the general idea of what she has done.

Rolling her eyes at herself and grunting as she pushed her upper body into a sitting position, she mumbled What is wrong with you Aleksi, you are not being yourself. The very sound of her voice, was painful for her mind. She has NEVER had a headache as bad as this and she sure has never woke up that late.

Getting out of bed was probably the worst thing she has done in the last five years. She stumbled about, barely keeping herself on her feet still, which made her consider the option of still being drunk. Looking around the room for something to drink, she was disappointed again. On her way to the door, she realized that she had no clothing on, so slowly, with a lot of grunting, she went back to the closet, pulled her bra-like top out and her pants, loosely wrapping them around her and just grumbling something in Pavi again, as she bent down to tie her boots up.

Her trip to the reception part was even worse than getting out of the bed. With probably the scariest, grumpiest face one could pull off, she mumbled in Pavi, figuring out they probably couldn't understand it.
Morning, she attempted to say properly, as she sat down on the nearest chair. It took her about five minutes to notice the other person sharing the table with her.
I am sorry.. but I just... can not move, she mumbled in the general direction of the person, not seeing very well, before asking if she could get a glass of water.
When Vysia asked if she wanted a piece of bread, she nearly threw up right there. Shaking her head and shivering at the very thought, she mumbled again, to what appeared to be a woman at the table
I am sorry... again
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 22nd, 2013, 4:02 pm

The mercenary was just eating whatever food she had. It didn't have much taste, let alone that it gave her the feeling that she actually ate something. And then someone, carrying the strong smell of alcohol on her, sat down at her table. Just by looking at her Revy could tell that this girl had a serious headache. She could remember all of the times that she sat at a table, grasping her head because of a terrible hangover.

It seemed that this girl hadn't even noticed Revy just yet. "Ey girl, it might be smart for you to at least drink something.", she said as she shoved her glass towards the unfamiliar person. "Might make you feel at least a 'lil bit better." The mercenary was speaking out of her own experience. After all, she had been a very serious case of an alcoholic for more then forty seasons.

"By the way, the name is Revy Hiroe. Could I know yours? Would be a lil bit easier to converse then.", she introduced herself. Revy had at least learned that introducing oneself usually led to a better conversation, if not more possible contacts she could muster for Zand. She absolutely wanted to give the one she loved a helping hand and this would be one way. Grab as many possible tools as possible.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on March 22nd, 2013, 10:40 pm

The name's Aleksi, she added before gulping down half of the glass of water. That part though, was the easy one. Keeping it from going up was the thing she was struggling with. Her eyes closed as she put her fingertips on her temples and started massaging them slowly. It felt like there was an army of hoofed animals stomping on top of her head every time something or someone made any noise whatsoever.

I don't mean to be rude, I just am in an enormous amount of pain, she whispered, trying to keep her headache at a minimum. It didn't seem to help so she drank the rest of the water and mumbled Bloody giants and my bad decision making with a frown forming on her face.

She somehow managed to lift her eyes up and take a look at the woman sitting across from her. Forcing a smile, she nodded, doing her best to seem as polite as she could. Thanks for the water. How come you ended up down here so late, if you don't mind me asking?, Aleksi added in a more calm way than usual, actually being interested.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 22nd, 2013, 11:22 pm

Yup, this Aleksi was suffering from a major hangover. She apparently didn't know her drinking limits at all if she regretted it. And unfortunately for her, Revy didn't have any fruit for her. Usually when she suffered from a hangover, she ate some fruit the following day and it usually got her to get over the hangover sooner. But it still didn't ease it though.

"Ey kid, you should ask Vysia for some fruit. It might help you get over the hangover sooner. At least, it helped me.", she said. "And giants? You mean Xi and that overconfident brat called Titus?" Those two were a major pain in the ass. The former because he went all out on her when she had just gotten to Nyka and the latter just because he underestimated her, was overconfident and a brat at that.

Why she was sitting here so late? She pretty much slept the whole night and almost half the day, that's why. It was a result of seasons and seasons of bad sleep. "Was asleep pretty much. Haven't had a lot of sleep before.", she explained, leaving out the details. "Sometimes Zand can be quite.... energetic. But I actually love it.", she thought inwardly.
"By the way... why the hangover? Don'tcha know your own limits or so? And also... since you look kinda.... young, you should be careful.", she then said. Revy wanted to at least spare this kid from walking down the same path as her. Would probably save her nights of bad sleeping.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on March 23rd, 2013, 1:13 am

At the very mention of food, Aleksi gagged, nearly throwing up in the middle of their conversation. It took her another two or three minutes to be able to actually concentrate on speaking again.
Yes... those two... Xi was the first person I met when I came here and Titus was the one I drank with, yesterday

Her eyes started watering as her body shifted in the chair. What the...., she mumbled before reaching down and basically grabbing her own ass. To which, she made a rather grumpy face and added, yet again Apparently I fell down, as well.... my thighs and behind are all scratched up

Smiling once more, this time with a bit more honesty in it since she started feeling just a tad better, she looked up at Revy. The woman seemed older than her and she sure seemed more experienced in drinking. Her skin, somehow, reminded her of her Kelvic friend, so she just shook her head a bit, which turned out to be a bad idea and mumbled
How do you know Xi and Titus?, after which, without her knowing, her cheeks fired up a nice, rose shade.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 24th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Wait what? This girl was... weird. Why'd she grab her own ass like... oh because it was..... scratched? What the petch had this girl been doing? How'd she get her behind scratched at all? "Ooookey.... Been smashed quite a lot of times myself, but I never scratched my own butt... How the heck did you do that?", she asked.

How she knew Xi and Titus? A fight, what else? Titus was just some overconfident brat that had to be taught a lesson and Xi.... well, he was something else. "Fought both of them and not really wanna talk bout that to be honest. I ain't particularly likin either of em.", she admitted. The main reason she didn't like Xi was that she lost to him and the mercenary was someone that easily held a grudge.
"Anyway, why'd you go drinking so much that you got this terrible hangover? Don'tcha think it' would've been better if you at least drank a little less? Trust me, I know what I'm talkin bout."

What the mercenary had been saying was actually quite hypocrite as she herself had done the same things as the girl across her. She might've done the same things or actually, what she had done was worse. She actually earned a nickname in Sunberth; Tavernwrecker. She had trashed a few taverns back there.... numerous times.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on March 26th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Aleksi didn't seem to share the morals of most people around. Grabbing her own ass, undressing or changing in public didn't bother her much. After all, she considered herself a warrior and being around men in battle, most of her life, she just... didn't care?

After noticing that Revy was looking at her quite strange, she shrugged and chuckled, figuring out that was a bad idea just as much as shaking her head. Her voice still sort of quite since the headache was not completely gone I think I fell down after Titus put me on my feet.... he was carrying me home.. and then.. I think, but I am not quite sure... Xi and him got in a fight

Frowning at the thought of that event, she drank some more water, feeling her stomach adjust itself to having something in it finally. Eyes moved down Revy's clothing, not exactly sure why... it seemed more as an idle move than anything.
As for fighting... I sparred with Xi... and I argued with Titus, but that's about it, for now..

Moving her head to the side, her neck cracked, making her growl. She wasn't going to do much that day, she knew, but it didn't bother her. After all, everything that has been happening around her in this city seemed like so not her, so why not that as well...
The drinking... well.... I lost my... she stopped, growling and looking to the side so she could hold the tears back before continuing friend.. she was taken away by slavers... and I left my birthplace and my people to find her... but since I've gotten here, all I've been doing was making bad decisions....
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 26th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Wait what? Xi got into a fight with that... Titus-giant? Why'd he do that? He never really gets into a fight.... he takes challenges, but a fight? What the heck happened to him then? Of course, she didn't know him THAT well, mostly from Zand's stories, but then still.... He seemed like a pillar in a storm or something. "Eh..... what? Xi got into a fight? You sure that wasn't just wishful thinking?", she asked Aleksi.

She then saw Aleksi's eye drop towards her clothing. Did that girl also want to wear stuff like this? The mercenary wouldn't mind lending her one for a day, but..... it was probably going to be far too big for her. She hadn't totally gotten used to it yet, but..... they were comfortable. Much more then her leather armor for which she had to tie her chest off.

As the girl talked about her past experiences, the mercenary felt like she could relate, but she still didn't want her to go through the same hell as Revy was still going through. "Well....... I'll say it only once more. Don't drink your worries or sorrows away. I've done the same for almost forty seasons and when you don't drink for a while then... well... it's not fun.", she said as part of her own sadness and anger seeped into her speech.

She had to change the subject and fast as otherwise she felt like she could just burst out crying. "Anyway, back to Xi. You fought him huh? Did he paralyze you too?", she asked. "Fought him once and he pretty much paralyzed my legs... Still gonna beat that petcher's ass. Fighting a woman lacking sleep for more then a few days already." Towards the end she started to almost mumble in herself. She still didn't forgive him for what he did, she'd only do it if he won in a straight out match, where both parties were at their best.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on March 27th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Aleksi had to chuckle again, at Revy's question. Shaking her head lightly, she leaned back against the wall, not really knowing why was she so impressed by the outfit the woman was wearing... This city seemed to be taking the best of her out and throwing it away... Her senses were dulled, her emotions stronger and her taste in clothing, far different. Then again, she had no reason to fight yet, she had no reason to if she was not training.
Yep... Xi got in a fight... Not the physical one, because I've managed to talk some sense into Titus or he would have gotten killed, but... Xi seems to be quite protective

Her cheeks went a nice shade of pink again, this time though, she noticed it and looked at the door of the hostel, mumbling about being hot and then opening it to get some air before returning back to the chair and leaning in, into an almost the same position. The words that Revy said now, about not drinking the sorrow made quite a bit of sense to Aleksi and she nodded, shrugging lightly It was my first time to drink, really... in between all the training, hunting and battles at home, I had no time nor need for it... but this city.. this city..., growling she shook her head.

The next topic though, made her chuckle, remembering what happened with Xi. Her head tilted, cracking the bones again to relax some more before drinking the remaining water and figuring out that'd be enough for now Nope... he didn't paralyze me... as the matter of a fact, I beat him.... with a dirty blow, but he deserved it.. she added with some pride and some silliness to her voice, clearly liking the story behind that.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next