Closed ...But Does It Come In Black? (Rosela)

Uopa reluctantly goes shopping for a new dress at Red Diamond Fashions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

...But Does It Come In Black? (Rosela)

Postby Rosela on June 5th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Rosela stood outside the changing room, absently inspecting her nails as she listened to Uopa and the rustle of fabric inside. She hoped the fire-haired woman went for one of them; quick sales were always a pleasure and she knew the colors would go well on her.

At the sound of a familiar name in the conversation, she perked up and tilted her head towards the door. ”You work at Artfire? Oh Azvan, isn’t he a doll? I bought my candelabra there, back when I first opened the shop. The mirrors too.”

As though on cue, Uopa stepped out of the changing room and moved to the mirror on the back wall. She looked stunning, and Rosela grinned as Uopa apparently shared her opinion. Clapping excitedly with one pair of hands, Rosela appeared behind her in the mirror. ”Jewel tones, what did I tell you? It really brings out the color of your hair.” Taking a small liberty, two hands fluffed Uopa’s hair slightly, giving it a bit more volume.

”So this is linen, making it 2 gold mizas. Did you want anything else today? Flyaway scarves are very in this season…” She didn’t hold much hope of getting another purchase out of her, but suggestions were always worth a shot.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Uopa on July 2nd, 2013, 11:49 pm

"I'll take it!" Uopa repeated, having now heard the price and thinking it very reasonable for something that made her look this amazing. Heck, she probably would've paid twice as much. "Oh, and, yes, a scarf would be nice. Something complimentary or, perhaps, contrasting? Maybe one of each! How about shoes? Do you offer any shoes? What about matching satchels? I will certainly need one of those. Any belts? Maybe something in a leather...or suede, perhaps?" she continued to excitedly inquire as she now literally skipped through the shop with her eyes wide open as if she were seeing the world for the very first time. Her hands played over the numerous garments on display, caressing them as if they were one-of-a-kind artifacts on exhibit for a limited time only. "I would love to see some men's garments, too. I think I'm going to go all out and treat my man, even if he is going to pull the whole 'I told you so' moment when I get home. Oh, and, this is probably a very silly question, since you're such an upscale shop, but you wouldn't happen to have anything suitable for a toddler? Would you? He's only just three, but he's my pride and joy. He's such a little man. Growing every day it seems. I would love to be able to get him a little something, even if it wasn't specifically designed for a child. Maybe a cloak or coat he can grow into. What...what do you think?"
Uopa
The Girl Who Plays with Glass!

Words: 50559
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on July 14th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Rosela blinked in shock, the sudden enthusiasm taking her completely by surprise. Two hands fluttered, trying to take in all the questions. ”Oh, I, um, scarves! Yes, we can look at what colors look best on you, particularly with that dress. I’m afraid I don’t have any satchels or shoes, but I can make a custom one for you, if you like. Belts, we do have plenty, but sorry, no suede. I have a bolt of velveteen, which would look fabulous though. A nice wide belt,” She mimed a belt high across her own waist. “Really emphasizes the figure.”

They moved quickly through the shop, Rosela discreetly straightening any out of sort piles they passed. “This whole side is men’s garments, so we can find a nice men’s look as well. Is he Akalak? They’re a bit limited in their color palettes, just because of their lovely skin color.” She mentally filed away that it was her man who told her to go shopping, but continued to trail behind absorbing the rush of questions.

When she got to her child, Rosela bit a lip and crossed two arms. “Sorry, I actually don’t have any children’s clothes pre-made. If you bring him in for some measurements though, I can whip up a few things? I make all the menswear to withstand whatever these big men do to their clothes, so children’s fashion would be just as sturdy. It’s not a problem to build in extra fabric so it can be easily taken out when he grows. Cloaks work great like, but things like sleeveless shirts are also easy to make a little big so he can grow into it.” It wasn’t the first time she’d made the pitch to do custom work for children, but it hadn’t been successful yet. She suspected there was someone else in town who offered clothing for children, but she hadn’t been able to look too deeply into her competition without looking suspicious.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 12th, 2013, 5:10 pm

Uopa
Skills :
+4 Socialization
+3 observation

Lores :
Cotton: Breathable Fabric
Dislike of shopping
Rosela: Proprietor of Red Diamond Fashions

Rosela
Skills :
+3 Socialization
+1 rhetoric
+2 persuasion
+3 observation

Lores :
Redheads do well in green
Function over form limits beauty
Uopa: Glassworker

Notes :
Lovely thread. Uopa: Don’t forget to deduct the miza for the dress as well as the scarf in your ledger. Rosela, I gave you points in Persuasion though I really think they would be better in salesmanship I might work up the energy to research how to submit development request to submit some more skills to add. Please PM me if you have any concerns about your grade and don’t forget to delete/edit your grade request

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous