Closed The night's children(Tsukiko)

Eida meets with another Leth's daughter for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

The night's children(Tsukiko)

Postby Eida on March 23rd, 2013, 1:27 pm

Spring 10, AV 513

The sunset was beautiful as always. Eida could came out from the little hole she was sleeping in. As the sun went down and the moon came up Eida changed her form from Symenestra to Ethaefal. Arckhebohn didn't come back yet so she had a little time. She honestly didn't want to do anything. She looked around but nothing. Everything slept and nothing popped up yet. It was a usual calm night. She sat down on the grass and looked up. Only the stars were at their place the Moon was moving to top of the sky. She was just staring at it and smiled as always. She moved her eyes to Leth.

"What awaits me today My Father? It's so calm in here. "

She said with a little sigh and she lied down on her back on the grass. She rarely rest during the night time. Although it felt so good for her. Only Eida with her thoughts. She was deep thinking. Soon she will travel with Arck to a new place. Will it be better? She didn't know she only knew she had to do her best as a daughter and priestess of Leth. She was just thinking and staring at the sky for a long time. Didn't care about what's happening around her it was her time. But in her heart she missed her raven kelvic a bit. She closed her eyes.

"I hope he is okay and will be here soon. I shouldn't worry he knows what he has to know. Let's rest Eida!"
Last edited by Eida on March 24th, 2013, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tsukiko on March 23rd, 2013, 10:59 pm

Tsukiko wandered out of the gates of the city of Syliras, pausing for a moment to stare in wonder at the trees. She had spent the day mostly on the beach, and the city, adjusting herself to being on land, instead of the long hours on the sea. Seeing as she lived on the sea, it was a strange feeling. Making her way towards the wilderness, she felt a gentle breeze rustle her hair as it began to change. Slowly, a gentle glow began to travel along her skin, starting from her finger tips, in soft waves. Leth's light reflected off her smooth pale skin, much resembling how the moon reflected the light of the sun. Her form grew slimmer, her hair became a silvery blue, and slightly longer. Slender, white horns grew, curling at her temples, while her eyes became a vibrant indigo blue, holding deep sorrow within their depths.

Reaching the treeline, she had made the change from her Svefran earthbound form, to that of her moon kin, the Lethaefals. She touched the trunks absently as she passed, her gaze wandering her surroundings. Gradually, her eyes arrived on Leth. 'Hello... father,' she thought silently, and continued further into the Wildlands. Tsukiko, who like her earthbound kin, lived mostly on the sea, found the land, plants, and creatures fascinating. She would stop at the mere sound of an owl, or the quiet noises of some rodent, and could only imagine what it would be like to live as such creatures.

Sometime later, she saw a clearing ahead, and approached it cautiously. It was almost as if she could feel the presence of someone there, and was drawn to them. Reaching the edge of the clearing, she saw a sight that caught her breath. Laying in the grass was a similar being to herself. 'Ethaefal,' she thought, taking a small, hesitant, step forward. Unsure of how to approach, she spoke quietly. "H..Hello?"
Last edited by Tsukiko on March 25th, 2013, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko
Sings both night & noon, dreaming of the moon

Words: 123880
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eida on March 24th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Eida was just lying didn't care about the world around her for a moment. Then she heared a girl voice. It wasn't in her mind. She slowly openned her eyes she blinked some and looked up. The Moon was nearly on the top of the sky. Then she sat up and rotated her head to the voice. A girl stood there. She was like herself an Ethaefal. Daughter of Leth. She got excited and didn't know how to react. She had smile on her face and wanted to say something.

"Hello... My sister! My name is Eida, daughter and priestess of Leth."

She introduced herself. She was thinking for a moment then she stood up. She was just staring and didn't know what to say to her. It was so strange and new for her. Her skin showed the moon's light like Eida's skin. Her hair was silvery blue and her horns were white like hers. But her eyes were different. She stood like a tree and trying to guess what to say. Another child of the Moon. She tried to be polite and asked about her a little bit.

"It's strange for me. I'd never seen other Ethaefals before. What is your name? And what brought you to the wonderful and mysterious nature ?"
Last edited by Eida on March 25th, 2013, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tsukiko on March 25th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Sister the other woman called her, causing a thrill to pass through her. She had not been called so for so long. Watching the other woman, Eida as she called herself, Tsukiko felt a sense of joy and loss. Joy for seeing another such as herself, loss for what they had fallen from. " My name is Tsukiko," she said in reply. "A daughter of the sea by day, and a daughter of Leth by night," she added, referring to her earthbound form.

Similar thoughts to those of Eida's ran through her mind, baffled and in awe at the sight of one who could be considered her kin. As she replied to the other Ethaefal's polite inquiry, a torrent of words tumbled from her lips. "I am merely wandering among the trees, it has been so long since I've seen such nature. As for why I am here, why I came to the city... It is to aid my earthbound kin, the Svefra. They are planning a pirate hunt, and are calling for all those who will help. We are training on the beach." She thought for a moment, debating on her next words. "Would you... care to join us?" she asked. By this point, she had made her way to stand before Eida. Tsukiko held the other daughter of Leth's gaze as she spoke, wondering if her new found sister of the Moon would accept.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eida on March 26th, 2013, 7:17 am

Tsukiko daughter of the sea by day and Leth by night. She was curious. She had so much joy in her heart and a bit feeling of the loss. But she could forget the loss she knew they could have a wonderful life in that world if they do something for it. It's another journey of their lifes. She was thinking about the pirate hunting. She looked at the sky and staring at Leth as she always did. It wasn't something she would do and they had to move on soon with Arck. She turned her head back to Tsukiko and told her earthbound form too.

"Thank you for your invitation but it's something I'm not aiming for. I'm following Leth's way and try to help him and my bevoled ones. And since it's in daylight I can't go... I like the Sun Goddess, Syna don't misunderstand me but my earthbound form is a Symenestra, a spiderlike creature. I can't see very well under the Sun no matter how much I would love too. But I don't hold grudges against Syna it's not her fault."

She said and still smiled at her. She didn't know how other Ethaefal's felt about their life. She was always wondering. She had a chance to ask but she couldn't bring it up so sudden. Eida's curiosity however couldn't be shut down. She raised her hands toward her the one which held the mark of Leth.

"Shall we go around this place a bit? We could get known better about each other. I'm sure you are curious too and I'll be honest me too. Come sister it's a calm night, Leth will guide us."
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tsukiko on March 26th, 2013, 8:23 am

Tsukiko looked up to the Moon as the other Ethaefal did. The sky was almost clear, though it seemed as if a few wispy clouds hung among the stars, a light blanket over many lights. Returning her gaze to the earthy nature around her, she listened to Eida's next words. She was disappointed, though not entirely surprised, at Eida's decline. Her sister of Leth did not seem quite the type to go fight pirates among burly warriors and thick skinned sailors, but then again, looks could be deceiving. Taking her comment in stride, her mind began to wander. 'A Symenestra... I've heard of them... a delicate people,' she thought, trying to recall what she knew of the spider-like people.

Nodding as Eida explained her situation, Tsukiko smiled with understanding. Though she personally did not wish to remain entirely in the pass, she could not help but feel sorrow when she thought of Leth. Despite not being able to completely comprehend it, she did know that they had fallen from something wonderful, somewhere near to the one they had worshiped in previous lives. It seemed that encountering one of her kin brought on thoughts such as these, memories that brought a thread of pain to her, and she tried to brush them off.

During the time it took her to think, Tsukiko had taken the hand that Eida had offered, admiring the markings. The mark of Leth. "Yes, let's wander in the moonlight... sister," she said with a gentle smile, her eyes lighting up with warmth. She had missed spending time with someone, since she had left her adoptive pod, the Oceangems. Walking slowly, she asked, "I have heard that many of our kin follow the path of Leth, Syna, or Tanroa... what made you decide to become a priestess?"
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eida on March 27th, 2013, 3:54 pm

She was going next to the other ethaefal. She had the happiness but she still felt the a loss. She didn't understand but she didn't let it to get her down. As they were walking some owls were "talking" too. Leth shined their way and they followed it like it would end up somewhere. In a better place or the old place where they came from. But it didn't. The Moon's light showed a path in the forest deeper and deeper. She answered Tsuki's question.

"Well when I fell there I didn't understand why Leth did that too me. I have a spider-like form and I lost my memories... But after a time I understood that it wasn't him and he is helping me and I have a wonderful friend from the very beginning. Once a night we were at trouble and our father helped us. He talked about himself and I talked about myself and then he asked me to be his priestess and follow his ways. That's what this mark for. I protect those who I love from now on and help Leth to forget his pain. You and I are not different from him. Like the moon's changing we are too. Day to night, night to day in our form, in our mind."

As she has told her story she got something in her mind. Tanroa, the goddess of time. How could she not think about it yet. Eida had some unanswered question and she still didn't know the answer. Her key could be the goddess of time. That sudden thought made her face a bit more serious although remained happy. Being busy with her thoughts Eida nearly forgot about her sister. She shook her head and asked her too.

"Oh sorry.... I was just thinking, hehe...Yes so I follow our father and even I can't see anything if it needs I'll help our sun goddess. And what about you? Are you follow the path of Leth? I don't know many things about our kind. I know there are ethaefals who lost their hope because the loss and don't follow them but turn against their mother or father. I have the loss too but this is a new world and we can live here happily if we want too. What about yourself sister?"
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tsukiko on March 28th, 2013, 7:16 am

Tsukiko listened and watched the two owls as well, as they spoke to one another as owls did, and make their way through the forest on silent wings. The moonlit path they followed was edged with shadows, which shifted slowly as Leth traveled among the stars. It reminded her of what they were, her and Eida, and what they had left, where they had fallen from. Not that she had any clear memories of such a place, but she felt the connection as moon beams passed through the foliage of the trees.

As she listened to Eida's story, she was reminded of her own experience of after the fall, when she had been saved from drowning by her adoptive pod; her adoptive family. Though some of them had been cautious at first, the Lia had recognized her for what she was, when Ardein, one of the brothers, described Tsukiko's change of appearance during the night. The Ethaefal herself had not been aware of her other form at that point, since she had been asleep when it had occurred. After the Lia had told her what she was, Tsukiko often spent her nights on the deck of their ship, her gaze trained on the figure dominating the starry skies, often lost in thought.

"Ah, no, it's alright,"
she said in reply, "I was lost in thought as well." Pausing for a moment, she considered. Living on the sea, she more often than not, whispered, or thought prays to Laviku, for her earthbound form was that of his children, the seafaring Svefra. However, the nights spent staring at the moon, mind wandering through thoughts and memories, she often voiced questions, thoughts, and prayers to the Leth. In the beginning, all she had felt was a deep sense of loss, sorrow, and despair, without the knowledge of who she was, nor where she came from.

She had been told the story of the Ethaefals by her Lia, for the Oceangem pod carried much history and knowledge within the pod, and so, she could not begrudge Leth for what had happened to her. "I... I guess I came to understand the situation from the start... It helped that I lost all of my memories between the fall, and nearly drowning," she added with a wry smile, "but I was lucky to have someone who knew of our kind, and explained it to me as it was." she replied, a fond tone making it's way into her voice. She missed her pod, but she knew that someday, she would perhaps meet them once again. "To be honest, I don't believe I quite follow only the path of Leth, for I admire many gods and goddesses, for they all have their own differences, and own meaning to the people who worship them. For now, I say my thanks to Laviku and Leth, the two fathers who watch over me," Tsukiko said, a gentle smile playing across her lips.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eida on March 31st, 2013, 3:59 pm

Eida thought about other gods and goddesses too. She could thank them a lot. Like Caiyha, the goddess of fauna and flora. Even thought it was interesting to listen her "sister". She had a lucky fall too because there were people who accept her and could tell her about her own kind. But Eida couldn't say any word either. She had someone from the very beginning even they both didn't know anything about her slowly, slowly they knew nearly everything they had to. Two god, two father. Eida took a smile too.

"You were as lucky as me. I didn't know anything about our kind and Arckhebohn, my raven kelvic either. But after times we discovered by ourselves. "

They were slowly walking in the forest and they didn't have really any direction. While they were doing that Eida again thought about other deities. Caiyha.. And Tanroa. The goddess who chose Leth and Syna. Eida just realized something. Her face changed. She looked serious and she was thinking about the goddess of time. Maybe Tsukiko know about her a bit. Eida turned her head to Tsuki still looked serious and asked her about Tanroa.

"You said some of us are praying to Tanroa. The goddess who chose Leth and Syna to be the Moon and the Sun. Tsukiko do you know anything about her? Can you tell me anything about Tanroa and her ways? It would help me a lot. I don't get something... "

She didn't blame Tanroa. She simply didn't understand her. She had to get answers. If not from her "sister" then in another way.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tsukiko on April 4th, 2013, 4:41 am

She took and interest when Eida mentioned her Kelvic, vaguely recalling having heard of them. 'Another creature of dual nature,' she thought, playing with the idea for a moment. It was an interesting thought to consider, that there were various races, spread throughout Mizahar, who had another form, is some cases, other forms. She remembered overhearing talk of the Dahni, their forms ranging from that of a human, one of a few sub races of snakes, and a mix of both shapes. If she thought of it in this way, her kind were not so strange.

As they continued on their path of moonlight, she vaguely had the sense that they were walking in a curved form, but could not be sure of where they were headed. For a moment, she was worried that she would not be able to find her way back, but then, she realized that it wouldn't matter, with Laviku there to guide her back to embrace of the waves. With that thought in mind, Tsukiko relaxed, a light breeze pacing playfully through the trees, lifting the discarded leaves of shrubs to dance in the moonlit night.

She felt, more than saw, Eida turn her attention on her, felt her 'sister' holding a question, and turned her head to meet the serious gaze beside her. The other Ethaefal asked of Tanroa, the Goddess of time. "I.. don't know much about her," Tsukiko started hesitantly. "It is said that she watches over time as if it were a river, flowing endlessly in either direction. She maintains the balance over that flow, over past, present, and future." She glanced in Leth's direction, recalling something she had heard during her stay with the Oceangems. "It was she who appointed Leth to watch over us, the peoples who walk upon the earth, sail the seas, climb trees..." she fell silent, pausing to get the idea across that it was all peoples of Mizahar. "Though it was his sister, Dira, Goddess of Death, who suggested him." She shrugged slightly, returning her gaze to her company. "However I am not sure if I heard right... What is it you don't understand?" she asked.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next