Closed [The Rearing Stallion] One Free Drink (Shiress)

K Is out on a walk hoping to ease his mind and clear some frustration. He ends up stumbling across the infamous Rearing Stallion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] One Free Drink (Shiress)

Postby Kisetukai on March 26th, 2013, 3:51 am

25th Of Spring
Sometime in the night

The order...Established to keep the peace and values of the slain god of peace. K scoffed as he said aloud, "Quite ironic the god of piece was the main casualty." He had been walking continuously, thus endlessly, to no true known destination. Kise and K hadn't talked since the fallout about four or five days ago, but K was used to hiding his feelings unlike Kise, so his sorrow wasn't as evident as his counterpart. Why he was walking was just as unknown as to where he was going. He only knew that tonight he was going to release some steam, some built up anger and random emotions, he had been keeping in his troubled conscious. The squire had been in a battle with himself, and even though he hadn't had many, he knew that this was one of the greatest battles one could have. As he walked in his elegant white cloak, laced not gold, but shiny polished chains and buckles. He had on his white casual gloves, cut off at the knuckles and underneath Kise's black baggy casual pants. He decided not to change the pants because they were barely visible under the cloak unless a gusty unfavorable wind would blow. 

Walking...Walking..Walking was all he could pretty much do. As before he would normally talk to his other personality but now being alone was starting to get to the rebel. "Pft..Who needs friends?" K said as he kicked some random debris on the street. After his quickly ended rage fit, he looked up. "Uh..Where the petch?..." He wasn't not lost but wasn't sure exactly were he was..So he was lost. "Well I hope none of those cheap commoner thugs try to get an idea." K announced with a smile. Just then two grown men walked up forcing the squire's smile to fade as he placed one hand over the cloaks fabric, the spot of his tamo daggers. Ready to attack he awaited for the men to provoke him, just a bit so he would have an excuse to hurt someone. Just a little hand raise, a growl, even eye contact so that he may release the huge amount of pressure built up in him.

The squire then exhaled a sad, disappointed sigh of failure as the two men walked on the side of him laughing to each other sounding merry. As the men opened the doors, the sound of good times, bad times, laughter and sulking, and other unmentionables. The squire's face had lit up from the light, of the contents of the wondrous building. "What could possibly..Be so-" His speech was interrupted by the slamming of the doors. It was a simple close but denying him to further study the contents of the building made it a slam. He sighed and clenched his fist, "I a squire, shouldn't associate with impure commoners..But." He began to walk towards the building. As he approached the doors he stopped right in front of them. He looked down at the ground, not able to dig deep and muster the courage. "What if these guys.." He put on a determined game-face, a serious yet calm and cool look. "I have nothing to fear. "You gonna go in there lad?" Said a grown yet husky voice from behind. "Anytime soon?" Accompanied by a chuckle. "The petch did you say to me?.." K replied in a deadly yet low hostile tone. "Well don't be afraid my boy, go on in." The man added obviously missing the intention of K's remark. 

K looked up at the man with a smile. "Oh yeah, my bad." He opened the door and walked in, but quickly slowed down his pace, allowing the man to pass him up. "What is this?" Was a constant theme that kept recurring in his mind. As he looked around and slowly walked forward, he couldn't lie, he was amazed. He saw people at tables, laughing and smiling, he decided to sit down himself. He walked over to an empty table a little bit in the back, and sat down in an important elegance. "Hmm...It looks pretty nice." He said trying to hide his amazement. "Now..What do they serve here anyway?" He mumbled to himself. He sighed as he awaited some sort of fancy service, or at least service at all, after all not everybody was aware of his self proclaimed importance. 
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shiress on March 27th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Shiress' conversation with a regular was interrupted by familiar screeches coming from the tavern door. She glanced up just as a young man walked through, passed by a taller, obviously older, husky man who gave an annoyed glance over his shoulder to the young man as he passed. The young man scanned the tavern hesitantly then turned for a table while the older man made his way to the bar and planted himself right in front of Shiress with a cheesy grin curling his lips.

Shiress chuckled and rolled her eyes at the man and stepped away, filled a mug with amber colored ale that she then hovered over the bar just in front of
the man with a raised eye bow. "Now then, I do trust you will keep your hands to yourself today." The man gave a slight laugh "Why yeah, course," His tone suggesting he'd never dream of anything else. "Good then." Shiress said as she placed his mug in front of him.

She stepped out from the bar and made her way to the table where the young man had chosen, smiling as she stepped up. "Hi there stranger. I don't believe I have seen you in the tavern before." She leaned a hip against the table taking in the strangers white cloak before glancing to his brown eyes. "What can I get for you?"
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kisetukai on March 27th, 2013, 6:51 pm

In all actuality, K hadn't been there that long, for he just had gotten there actually. Yet his childish patience had been shot. He began to sigh as a woman walked up and greeted him with a friendly hi. Accompanied by a stranger remark, he confirmed the fact that he obviously didn't fit in with this crowd. The woman was a very happy, or at least pretending to be happy for the sake of business, woman. She then asked him what could she get him.

K had looked up fully now and straightened his body out like a knight should. "Well.." K was quickly interrupted by his thoughts when he got a closer look at the woman, more clearer one would say. "Wow, um, what do you guys actually serve here?" K said with a chuckle. He quickly looked down with a sad look of disapproval with himself and decided to wait for the bar tender, waiter girl, waitress...Whatever she was. To leave, before beating himself up for such a..Kind approach.

The whole time of course in K's mind he was a little edgy. He was surprised from not talking to Kise for so long. Surprised he was dining with commoners. Surprised he had found a girl with such beaut-- No! K put on his serious blank facial expression. He was sure not to slip now. He looked up intently at the woman to answer his question. With no smile nor a frown...He was planning to treat his time here like it was strictly business.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on March 30th, 2013, 12:30 am

The man shifted uncomfortably in his chair. Shiress thought maybe he was just coming off a bad day. She gave him another smile then leaned in slightly.

"Well, if you are hungry, the kitchen has hot stew and bread. If you are thirsty there's water and of course ale and wine." She turned her body and placed her hand on his shoulder pointing to a wooden slate hanging above the bar. "That gives a list and prices of all the tavern had to offer."

"Just have a look at that and I'll be back in a moment, OK?" She smiled and stepped away to the bar as another patron had given a wave for her attention. After finishing her task she returned back to the stranger.

"OK, now, have I given you enough time to decide?" She leaned down to his eye level. "Or do you need more time?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kisetukai on March 30th, 2013, 2:01 am

K coughed a bit to clear his throat, hopefully this would put the firmness back in his voice. She had put a hand on his shoulder, which was a big shock here. "Why did she touch me?" K muttered to himself as she showed him the menu sign. "He looked up with a fake smile saying thank you. He couldn't help but look at her a bit as she walked away, after all she may have been a commoner, but she was still a woman. He played with the chains on his cloak, while he looked at the menu. "K..What are you thinking?" He muttered to himself. "Today I'm just petching up." 

He noticed her walk to another guy to take his order. "That girl seems busy..Very busy." He said to himself as he put a piece of honey candy in his mouth. "But..That doesn't mean I can't be interested." His train of thought was interrupted as the girl came back asking was he ready to order. He sighed a bit as he looked at her deeply in the eyes. He couldn't lie..She wasn't really half bad. "Yes..I know what I want." He said in an almost arrogant voice. 

"First I want some water..Second maybe some of that stew? Sure why not." He said with an arrogant look on his face. "And lastly...I'd like you." He cleared his throat a bit. "Well I want your company..Of course. So how much do you make here if I may ask. Can I perhaps..Buy your time?" He finished his questions and stared at her with a serious look as if everything he just said sounded normal. He finished it with a smile as he rubbed his silk scarf a bit. "Hmm...How will she react?" Is the main question that rattled his mind. 
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on April 1st, 2013, 5:17 am

The smile faded a bit on Shiress' face at the last request of the patron. "Well, sir, my company is not for sale, but I can see to your stew and water." She gave the man a concocted smile and turned to the bar with raised eyebrows.

This definitely wasn't the worse request she had been asked since her time of employment at the tavern, but it never failed to amuse her of the gaul of some people.

She reenacted her usual routine of filling a bowl with steaming stew and placed it on a tray with hot bread, filled a mug with cool water and headed back to the table.

Placing the mans order in front of him, she smiled. "I get off work in half a bell. if you'd like I'll join you for an ale, your treat of course." She smiled with a wink turning on her heels back toward the bar giving her head a slight shake.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 1st, 2013, 6:17 am

Kise looked at the fresh food that sat right in front of him and gave it a small glare. "She's not for sale eh? Or at least not her time.." He mumbled to himself and sighed while stirring the stew with his index finger a bit. Well..I guess that means she is a fair maiden right?" He said trying to comfort himself accompanied by a slight chuckle. The good part was that she wanted to join him for ale in about thirty chimes, the bad was...Well the thirty chimes. K had always been an impatient kid, ever since he could remember. Kise was the patient one...

Feeling slightly irritated by the speed of the time he decided to not think about it. He tried to waste time by tapping, whistling, more tapping..More whistling. Nothing seemed to speed up time. The stew still looked nice and hot and if he hadn't been fed constantly by the nice ladies at the dorms he might of ate it. Instead he decided to treat some poor soul as he went outside and placed the food there. Immediately swarmed by a small amount of stray cats he laughed a bit.

"Good Gods...Someone needs to take care of the population of these guys." He said as he then bent down and took off his glove to pet one. The cat wasn't really scared, more excited about the food. He then took the cup of water and poured a bit on his finger tips to clean them. Then placing on and tightening his snow white gloves he felt a chill as a gentle wind blow. "Pft..I feel like I'm being watched sometimes." He said as he shivered a bit. He then looked at the cats and shook his head a bit as they began to purr, still eating the stew of course.

He was a bit curious how there were so many. "You guys starve because your over populated." He said softly. "It's not fair...If only." He poured out the water from the cup on the ground and the cats immediately began to lap it up from the floor. He smiled and gave them one final look before he picked up the cup and now empty bowl of stew and walked back inside. "Has  it been thirty yet? Nah.." He said aloud as he noticed the tavern was still lively.

He place the bowl and cup on the table he was originally seated at, and sat down, surprised nobody had taken his spot. "Thirty chimes huh?" He said softly in a gruffly voice. "Eh...I'll do what I do best." K said as he rested his head on the table facedown. The table instantly gave his forehead a cold sting. "Ah..Well this is all--" K yawned a bit as he instantly fell asleep. He wasn't deeply in sleep, just enough to give the impression of a drunk man who passed out. If someone had messed with him...Well his daggers were always on standby. "Thirty chimes..." Was the main thought that kept bouncing around his head as he slept. Thirty...Such a long time. After all half a bell sounded way more intimidating then just thirty chimes. But then again what did he know?
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on April 1st, 2013, 9:57 pm

Shiress cleared her throat and placed her mug softly on the table. She wanted to make her presence known, but didn't wish to give the resting man a heart attack.

"Have you had a hard day." She asked sliding into a chair beside the dark skinned stranger. "Or are you normally bored to sleep." She giggled as her mug pressed against her lips.

"I'll not charge you for feeding the stray pets outside. That was kind of you."

She scooted her chair closer and rested her arms against the table top. "It's nice to meet you." She gave the man a smile while reaching her hand out. I'm Shiress."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 2nd, 2013, 12:17 am

Sleep. This was all he had been focusing on. He really truly wanted to sleep but was worried the whole time he would be robbed. It wasn't the robbery itself, for K had never had appreciation of money, to him it was just another item. It was the thought of a commoner touching him. He always had thought about putting his training to use, and this would be the perfect setting. He slept softly, hoping an unlucky fellow would touch him, ready to pounce and stab a hand with his daggers. His self conscious thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of something being placed on the table. It really wasn't that heavy sounding but he hoped this was it, the moment someone would confront him.

Instead he was shocked to hear the soft voice of the waitress barkeep girl, or at least that's what he called her. "Have you had a hard day?" said the girl. She then said something after with a slight giggle, the reason for K not paying attention was because a women recognizing a man who had a hard day was golden to him. She instantly had won some points with him, as he looked inside his cloak quickly to check his reflection in his dagger. After seeing that his face was perfect, like always, he lifted his head off the table. He was utterly shocked a bit to see the pretty face of the waiter, was it possible to get more beautiful in 30...? Never mind that.

She then said she wouldn't charge him for feeding the stray cats, and said it was kind or nice, something like that. He couldn't tell because his mind had a million thoughts at once. How could she possibly know that? He looked at her with a slight chuckle trying to be nice, and hide his true feelings about the subject. He was caught like a deer in headlights with a blank expression when she stuck her hand out and gave her name. "Shiress...." Shiress. Even the name was beautiful? K laughed at himself a bit, this girl was gonna get the best of him if she kept this up.

He quickly grabbed her hand and shook it firmly. He made sure the shake lasted a while, for it had meaning to him. He wanted to touch her all day, actually a lot of things he wanted to do, but for now this handshake was enough...To relieve him and calm him down a bit. "I'm Kisetukai, squire of Ser Corben Rathe." K sighed proudly. "Yeah, we patrol the city and keep the peace." He then wiped away his smile a bit, and sat up straighter. "Tell me about yourself, I never see you outside, although Syliras is quite big." He gave her a small cheeky grin. "I'm quite interested in you, and I want to know a little more if you do."

He then tossed five golden mizas on the table and started to explain so she wouldn't be offended. "I'm not trying to buy you anymore..Or your time." He sighed. " I'm buying them drinks I promised you. Tell me if it's not enough." He looked at her contemptly awaiting to learn more about her. Hopefully she wasn't to reserved. After all he noticed he wasn't dealing with another prostitute, or a girl, he was dealing with a woman. A grown woman...And this was gonna take time and a mature approach. He had time, he just wanted her.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on April 4th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Shiress sat back listening to the dark skinned stranger as he spoke as the gold miza's clanged against the table top. She watched the coins as they rolled and spun about pondering the mans words. When each one had become still her eyes slowly lifted to to meet his face.

"I can drink my fair share of ale good sir, but each is only 2 silver." She glanced down to the gold coins then again to the patron. "Im no lush." With that she gave the man a cocky smile and took a sip from her mug, her eyes still watching him. Something about the man made her uncomfortable, but just by looking at him she had no clue why.

She returned her mug to the table and leaned in. "Interested in me, huh? 5 chimes ago you didn't even know my name and assuming this is your first trip to the tavern, you've not seen me before now." Her voice had a slightly playful, but stern tone as she spoke. "What interest could you possibly have in a stranger?"

She wasn't trying to be mean or rude to the stranger, but for one who works as barmaid in a busy town, Shiress knew far well what interest could entail, though, she couldn't be sure.

She offered the man a concocted smile. "Besides, I just told you my name and Im not about to tell anyone anything about me without at least a name to address them by."

She pressed her back against the wooden chair again as her mug lifted to her lips. Her eyes this time watching the disappearing amber ale instead of the dark eyes of the stranger. Her time at the tavern had given her a sense to protect herself against the seeking male, but her confidence was in words only.

She lowered the mug to her lap, keeping her gaze there as she grew more and more uncomfortable under the strangers glare.

Why do I always regret a free ale

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next