Flashback Mug of Ale and a Warm Fire (Miria)

Iosha warms her cold feet by the fire

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Mug of Ale and Warm Fire (Miria)

Postby Iosha on April 10th, 2013, 3:14 am

Iosha violet eyes listened to Miria's passive aggressive protests in silence. The konti thought to herself that she wasn't in Avanthal to start fights with every hopeless girl in the city. However, Iosha watched the woman, and she definitely had spirit about her. She was animated and opinionated much like Ayume, but Miria seemed like a product of her isolation in the great white north. Iosha figured the prejudice coming from her was the result of not having much contact with foreigners especially a bazaar humanoid race like the konti. Suddenly the konti violet eyes glared at the old man at his absurd idea of her staying with her attacker. Iosha eyes shifted to Miria when she outspokenly started to protest about her new living arrangements and Iosha shook her head and said softy, “I can't believe I am agreeing with Miria here, but I think she would have a better chance of finding a husband without me around.” Iosha whispered to herself with roll of her eyes, “Especially with her charming personality...it shouldn't take long.” Iosha wasn't hiding the fact. She didn't like the Vantha woman much at the moment. It was hard to keep her emotion controlled, so she decided to stay quiet while Miria listened to the elder.

Iosha ignored Miria off colored attempt of a joke and she crossed her arms already shivering in the cold snowy night. When the Elder suggest they hugged, Iosha just shook her head and said softly, “Why don't you just warm your bones on a mug of hot mead by the fire. I doubt Miria and I will be doing much hugging tonight.” Iosha could help herself from glaring at the Miria when she ordered her to follow her. Iosha put up her fur hood, and she could feel the sharp sting of her bloody lip as the wind started to pick up. The konti wasn't happy with the idea of living with her, but at the moment, she had no place to sleep for the night. The trek through the snow was tough on the konti even though she lived in the North Reaches for a year, the cold was still tough on her. Ayume had no issue with it, and she often teased the konti about her being a freeze baby. Iosha looked over at the woman and said softly, “I don't want to be a burden to you, so I will leave your place first thing in the morning. I have business in the Frostfawn Hold, so I'll make sure I am quiet when I leave in the morning.” She didn't want to be a inconvenience to the young woman since she had her own life to deal without a konti tagging along.
Last edited by Iosha on April 14th, 2013, 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Miria on April 13th, 2013, 7:52 am

"Now hold on. I might have my qualms about the suggestion but that doesn't mean I'm against it." Ignoring Iosha's after thought Miria's face grew haughty at the slight jab at her attitude. "If you weren't so uptight you might be easier to talk to you know." Though her inner musing and signals Miria gave were only mildly true the vantha did not expect Iosha to view them as the whole truths, just mild chattering in an overexcited mind. "The elders always have merit in what they say. Though sometimes they can have odd requests." Crossing her arms over her chest Miria gave Iosha a look that showed she was completely serious on this regard.

Though slightly rude Miria could not help but smirk at the way Iosha answered back. That's right we aren't here for your entertainment. A haughty call back to Miria and the vantha found herself trailing behind for the konti obviously amused. "You seem really uptight you know. Which is perfect! We'll complement each other perfectly!" Twirling slightly as she mentioned Iosha's mood Miria made it obvious she thought light of their earlier interaction in the bar. Stopping Iosha mid stride Miria critically took in what Iosha said before answering back.

"You'll be no burden for me. Think nothing of it. Besides one could always use a warm body to help them cope at night." Trying to figure out ways to persuade the konti and avoid further punishment from the elder Miria went on with her persuasion and investigation. "I meant for nonvantha of course. It can get pretty lonely and cold up here in the city stoopid!" Frowning slightly at the measures Iosha was already bent on taking to avoid the Vantha wasn't really the happiest of things to watch.

"Just give it a week at least yes?" Miria made a grab at Iosha's hands once more trying to hide the obvious quesy feelings she had when taking Iosha'd duck-like hands. "Disgusting fish monster you may be but I'm just biased. Mother Morwen has taught the Vantha to treat everyone warmly no matter who they are." Gesturing towards the Ice Palace Miria once more went back to her twirls mid travel as they were closing in on Skyglow hold. Miria's hold in all it's glory just tempting the foreigner to see the observatory upstairs. "So here we are. How about it? Care to give me give you another chance to know you? Vantha aren't all that bad, even I'm trying to be your friend even after..."
Last edited by Miria on April 15th, 2013, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iosha on April 15th, 2013, 4:38 am

As Iosha walked by the Vantha woman, she couldn't help herself from smiling to herself at the Miria playful nature. The woman was rough around the edges, but the konti could tell was trying to be civil with her. Iosha was surprised at the human woman instance of her staying with her, so she said politely, “I sorry if I feel uptight, Miria. It been a hard couple months for me, but I just wanted to say thank you for welcoming me into your home.” Iosha decided to give the woman a second chance. She wasn't above forgiving even if the woman attacked her a bell ago. Lost in thought, Iosha was silent most of the time as they walked down the street together. Iosha could feel the cold bite of the wind on her face as the wind shifted from the south to the north. The konti held her arms to chest tighter hoping to give her a sense of warmth. It was futile effort, so she took her mind off the cold and answered her question, “Yes, I will give it week, Miria.” Iosha raised an eyebrow at her at her disgusting fish monster joke and said sternly, “Miria...I want you to stop with the insulting jokes about my people. I want to learn to respect you, but I won't if you keep up with your off colored jokes.” Iosha knew their living situation wouldn't last a week if Miria didn't learn how to respect her. The blond woman was giving her the benefit doubt since she was still intoxicated, but the human hadn't given the konti any reason to respect her yet, so she still was weary of the colorful Vantha woman.

When Iosha saw the hold off in the distance, she was amazed at the size of the structure. Iosha remembered the size of the castles and palaces of Syliras, but they were dwarfed by the size of the Vantha holds. Iosha got closer to the building, and she could tell the wooden building was many stories high, and she figured hundreds of families lived within the wooden walls. It was a magnificent sight at night because the lights from the windows illuminated the surrounding country side for miles. Iosha turned to Miria, and she said with a warm smile, “The history books I read about your people were totally wrong. The book in Mura said the Vantha lived in small homes made of ice. I will have to go back to Mura and write my own book to correct the misconception of your people.” Iosha followed Miria into the massive structure, and she was truly amazed at the beauty of the inside of the hold. The wooden walls walls were lined tapestries and paintings. Iosha had to stop for a moment in front of one painting of a beautiful Vantha teen. She must have been dressed up for a special occasion because her hair woven into a intricate braid, and woven in with the braid was a long silver chain that gave her hair the illusion of being covered in ice. It was a truly beautiful image of young Vantha beauty. She turned to Miria and said softly, “Honestly, I think I can spend days wandering the halls of your hold just looking at the art work.” Feeling her mood starting to change towards the woman, Iosha said with a warm smile, “Let make a deal, Miria. I want us to forget about the incident in the tavern, and you and me should just start anew. Do we have a deal?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Miria on April 16th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Interacting with the Konti proved very... odd in Miria's case. Her initial thoughts after the pair's talk that the konti was very flippant in her moods. Happy one moment yet agitated another. Perhaps her meeting with Iosha's was not to be used as a standard for how Konti acted. Still it was somewhat amusing for Miria as the two conversed.

Laughing loudly at the scene Iosha depicted Miria could not help but feel the need to correct the wrongly informed Konti of their ways. "Are you sure that it was not a joke book you read? Or perhaps the ramblings of someone that came off as naive? Avanthal has been here as long as anyone has remembered." Bounding easily through the initial floor of the hold Miria didn't seem to share the same enthusiasm for the art like Iosha did.

"Oh I suppose I'm just used to it I guess." Shrugging slightly Miria beckoned Iosha away from the various works the Skyglows had to offer before listening to the Konti's plan. "I don't think so. First impressions are hard to get rid of." Miria's mind went back to the instance where Iosha's first slammed into her side wincing involuntary. "But... I can promise to try and make it work. How does that sound? Knowing me I'll probably step on your toes a few more times before we get used to each other." Bring her hands up in a defensive stance Miria mocked a jab aimed at Iosha before smiling invitingly.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iosha on April 24th, 2013, 2:57 am

Iosha couldn't help herself laughing at Miria comment of the history book of Avanthal being a joke book. The konti's face started to blush in embarrassment at her naivety, and she ran a hand through her hair and said nervously, “Yes, I suppose you are right, Miria. In the future maybe it would be a good idea to update our books in the Library of Mura. On the other hand, Mura is on the whole other side of the world than Avanthal, so I could understand if our records of your people are incorrect.” The konti just nodded silently when she mentioned the artwork to her. Iosha was never the artist like her mother, but she always took time to appreciate the dedication gone into creating the works of art. When she looked at at art, she tried to pick up on the story the piece of art was trying to tell. In the future, Iosha wanted to learn how to sing and play the lute like her mother, but she needed to make it to Wind Reach and find her daughter before she truly settle down.

When Miria commented on her plan, she was kind of taken back because she was trying her best to mend the broken bridge between them. However, Miria was still caught up on the fact that Iosha wronged her in some imaginary way. Iosha relaxed when the woman said she would work on their friendship. It was a start, and she was surprised when Miria took a playful jab in her direction. Iosha laughed out loud, playful backhanded the fist from her face, and said to her with a giggle, “Well at least you are warning me ahead of time, Miria. I promise not to annoy you to much.” Iosha followed the woman to her apartment. She wasn't sure what to expect in the next year, but at least, she had a warm place to stay for the night. Iosha knew she couldn't mooch off the woman all year, so she needed to find a job first thing in morning. Life was going to be tough in the next week because she needed to go to the Frostfawn Hold and tell her family about their daughter's death. The thought of the whole ordeal made the konti heart beat faster in anticipation. She dreaded the reaction on their face when she told them her relationship with their daughter. She hoped they were as understanding as Ayume made them out to be. When they made it to the apartment, Iosha said to her with a smile, “Well it look like I am home. By the way, thank you for you kindness, Miria."
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Noblesse on May 26th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Iosha Moonchaser :
Experience:
  • Observation +3
  • Socialization +1
  • Brawling +2
  • Storytelling +1

Lores:
  • Walking through Avanthal Late at Night
  • Attacked by a Drunk Woman
  • Outrage at Being Called a Fish
  • Miria Skyglow: Opinionated Vantha
  • Dread at Relating Ayume's Death to Her Parents

Other:
  • Ledger: -10 cm for a mug of hot chocolate

Notes:
It surprised me to see Iosha forgive Miria both for insulting her and attacking her out of nowhere. It was a nice gesture from her when she apologized to Miria and tried to be as understanding as possible of the situation she found herself in.

On another note, I would just like to remind you that we do not have months in Mizahar, and we also do not keep track of weeks or even days of the weeks for that matter. The calendar just have the year, season, and day to go by so you might want to refrain from using the terms "month" and "week" from now on. :)

Miria Coolwater :
Experience:
  • Socialization +2
  • Observation +1
  • Brawling +2

Lores:
  • The Feel of Konti Scales Against Your Skin
  • Thrown Out of a Tavern
  • A Falling Out with Laforte
  • Reproached by an Elder for Foul Behavior
  • Iosha: Disgusting Fish Monster

Other:
  • Ledger: -8 cm for two mugs of ale

Notes:
Miria's behavior in this thread shocked me, to say the least. I never thought her to be one to so openly insult a visitor from a race the Vanthas warmly welcome and respect, especially in the presence of an elder. However, this was a nice insight as to how she acted years before she married into the Coolwater Hold.

I was a bit confused about Miria's purchases so if the computation I did above was incorrect, send me a PM and I will see about correcting it. Also, I would just like to remind you that we do not have months in Mizahar, and we also do not keep track of weeks or even days of the weeks for that matter. The calendar just have the year, season, and day to go by so you might want to refrain from using the terms "month" and "week" from now on.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous