Completed [The Bronze Woods] A Fortunate Meeting {Scarlet Evony}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] A Fortunate Meeting {Scarlet Evony}

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 15th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Hadyn stared at the rabbit, unable to keep the bemusement from registering on her face. With a glance at the naked girl, the blacksmith scratched the back of her head uncertainly, looking for appropriate words to respond with.

"I'll get right to it, then,"
she answered after a tick. As far as she was concerned it was awfully kind of the girl to share her spoils. Though it did nothing for Hadyn's ankle. But as she sat there her stomach began to protest the lack of breakfast, leaving the blacksmith no other choice than to accept the dead rabbit.

Pulling the horse to her by way of the reins, Hadyn took a few preparatory breaths before heaving herself up. The swiftness with which she stood caused a moment of lightheaded nausea, coupled with the annoyed stab of pain from the afflicted ankle. But using the saddle as balance the woman avoided falling a second time, waiting until her body was stable before she began digging around in the saddle pouch for something to cook the meat with. The horse turned his neck so he could stare at her. Rolling her eyes, Hadyn shook her head.

"I know I'm useless. No need to rub it in."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on April 19th, 2013, 4:56 pm

There wasn't much to say or do as the woman in front of her stood up. Scarlet jolted towards the place she had hidden her clothes at. Memory had been a necessity for as long as she had known, so it wasn't quite a challenge finding her vestments. Getting dressed quickly, she travelled the distance back to their camp before the woman had any chance to get started on her work. "So... Uhh."

The kelvic sat next to the horse, trying to disturb the scenery as little as possible. After all, it's been quite an embarrassing subject they both wanted to avoid. "I don't know the entirety of what happened with you, but it does look pretty nasty. Maybe I should have offered myself to start preparing the catch." She went closer to her, gesturing to let her sit down. "Though I basically have no idea how you'd prefer them, and if I started the fire, I'd probably burn up the woods here."
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 29th, 2013, 3:13 am

With a slight smile Hadyn greeted the newly clothed girl once more. She offered a one shouldered shrug at her comment before taking an awkward seat. The woman was increasingly appreciative of the Kelvic's generosity. Stretching the afflicted leg before her, she glanced up at the girl with a flash of a smile.

"Y'got a name so I might thank you properly?" shading her eyes against the sunlight, Hadyn stared at the other. "I'm in your debt, by the way. I'll be removin' my boot, excuse any stink."

Reaching forward the woman began unlacing the worn leather laces, wincing with the effort. Once loosened, she gingerly slid the boot from her foot, trying to avoid tensing at the soreness it elicited. The pain began to lessen slightly once the pressure was relieved, the shoe placed nearby. The ankle was slightly swollen beneath the grey stocking but it wasn't as gnarly as the woman feared.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 4th, 2013, 11:54 am

Scarlet was still a bit in doubt wether a talk with this woman could come out as being natural. She felt embarassed, a one time occasion for a Kelvic used to shifting. However, there was going to be an explenation, and she was going to try to give it as nonchalantly as possible. "My name's Scarlet. And unless you haven't already guessed, I'm a kelvic."

For once, it was nice having gotten that out of the way from the start. Whatever prejudice the woman might have had, she would have to deal with Scarlet's capricious nature, for now. She took a look at Hadyn's foot, noticing there was something off about it. What it was, she wasn't able to tell. "That certainly doesn't look too good. I wish I could've done something about it. I'm not even close to understanding how to treat an ailment." It was a nice way to put it, at most. "We should probably walk you back to the city."
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on May 4th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hadyn waved off her concern with a loose smile. Flexing the toes the blacksmith shrugged one shoulder at Scarlet's suggestion, comfortable simply resting for a spell. Brushing loose hair from her eyes, the woman regarded the Kelvic. It wasn't exactly difficult to pinpoint her race considering the swiftness and efficiency with which she returned with prey. Not to mention the manner of the dead rabbit. But it bothered the brunette none.

"Hadyn,"
she replied with a grin. "An' yes, I surmised you're of a Kelvic nature. And I'm sure glad y'are considering this fine piece of meat you came back with. Don't you worry none about my ol' ankle. Just a moment of rest an' I'll be back to terrorizin' the vermin of the forest."

The woman had a penchant for injecting humor in situations that were probably best left without. But it put people at ease and it tended to keep the mood light. Besides, a sprained ankle was not the worst ailment Hadyn had suffered before. Shifting her position, the brunette regarded her new companion kindly.

"So then, Scarlet, y'from these parts?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 6th, 2013, 9:42 am

“You could say that.” Scarlet found herself a comfortable position while talking to Hadyn. She was a pleasant person to be around and the way she tried shaking off her issue was almost cute. However, Scarlet was getting hungry only thinking of her portion of prey and the thought of it was getting better and better. “It’s been my second home… Or my first home, if you would like to put it that way. I grew up here for my first year. I spent the next six both here and in Syliras, wherever need arose.” She paused for a bit, thinking. “Yeah… Tomorrow I’m actually turning seven. Fun thing, I never thought of that before.”

Scarlet tried changing the subject as soon as the revelation dawned upon her. “So, the wind is getting calmer. I think this would be a proper time to set up a fire to cook our capture.” Scarlet began picking up a few rocks and setting them in a circle, to keep the fire from spreading. She had had a few experiences regarding staying up in the forest as a human, and a fire was imperative in this situation. “How would you like yours?” she asked, while picking up twig by twig off the forest floor.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on May 6th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Hadyn smiled at the girl's generosity. It was an uncommon trait these days and the blacksmith was more than appreciative. She nodded as Scarlet commented about starting a fire, watching her work and taking the time to enjoy the calmness of the forest.

"Anythin' that won't give me an upset gut," the woman replied wryly with a grin. "Don't know that I could bear that along with the ankle. I imagine you eat your meat on the rarer side, hm? Give y'self the hunk of it, then. I'm happy with a morsel. It is your catch after all."

Hadyn leaned back and clasped her hands together, laying them comfortably in her lap whilst watching the Kelvic. Were she of a healthier body she'd be assisting but it seemed her lot would be to watch and make merry of the situation.

"I'm much obliged," the blacksmith commented offhandedly, canting her head to express her earnestness. "If you're ever in the city proper, y'ought to stop by Sultros Blades. I'd be more than happy to return the hospitality you've shown me. I'm a weaponsmith, which I doubt you have much use for considerin' you're a predator. But anythin' I can do to repay the kindness."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 7th, 2013, 1:21 pm

The kelvic turned her back a bit, trying to hide her face. She was used to doing such thing. After all, it was the natural order that every action had an equal reaction. There were no exceptions. However, the offer made by the weaponsmith made her refusal only harder. In other words, she felt obliged not to say no. "I guess... I haven't used a dagger for five years, but there’s no point to not having one around… I guess I could buy one from you, whenever I get enough money to afford one. For now, I’ll just stick to talons.” She told her none of the promises she had made as a child. Besides, morals were only set by oneself.

Without much fuss, Scarlet made a small ball of tinder and rolled it under the bundle of twigs. Then, with the help of the flint she ignites a few sparks, making the small arrangement catch flames and engulf twig by twig until the fire had a decent size. “I’ll leave yours to your liking. I think I’ll have mine in my Kelvic form. It tends to fill my stomach easier.” She raised one of the rabbits up to Hadyn, offering it to her. “After you have your lunch, I’ll lead you back to the city. We wouldn’t want to be out here after the curfew ends.”
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on May 9th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Hadyn shrugged one shoulder at the Kelvic's response, indicating it didn't matter either way to her. She watched Scarlet prepare a quick fire, appreciative of the effort the girl was putting in. Stretching the offending ankle once more, the brunette resisted the urge to swear a profoundly vulgar oath as pain riocheted up her leg. Best not to try that again for a while.

"Thank you," the woman replied offhandedly, receiving the meat and leaving it beside her on the ground. She wasn't really in any position to be skinning a rabbit and cooking it. "I'm not sure what I'd do if y'weren't 'round. Wobble my way back to the city, I s'ppose but I'd be in far worse shape, that's for certain."

"So then, Miss Scarlet. Tell me 'bout y'self."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 15th, 2013, 3:16 pm

"Well... I don't know how I'd start." The Kelvic sat near the stone ring with the ever increasing flame in the middle starting to burn brighter and brighter. "What is there to say about me? I guess... I'm just another Kelvic in the Bronze Woods, aren't I?" Scarlet kept quiet whilst looking at the burning twigs which had started to form up a nice fire. "I don't know what I can tell you more than this. A free spirit. Someone who tries to find her way in the world. A hunter, or a thinker. It just depends on the person I'm talking with."

She smiled lightly, poking the flames with a twig she had left out on purpose. "I think this is about the right size for your meal." She declares, gesturing for Hadyn to come by the fire and roast the rabbit she had given her. "So, why don't you tell me about yourself, so I can, in turn, tell you more about myself?"
Scarlet Evony
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext