Completed [Rearing Stallion] Ruin My Salvation, I Will Ruin Your Face

[Hadyn]Vaspira seeks out peace in a mug of Ale, interruptiong of her peace would be lethal.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Ruin My Salvation, I Will Ruin Your Face

Postby Vaspira on April 4th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Spring 26th 513 AV
Rearing Stallion
Night Time

Vaspira searched the city’s streets, looking and searching for a reprieve. The young Kelvic’s mind was so full of hate, disgust, not at the city, but more directed at her. She missed her friend Miria back in Avanthal, she had yet to uncover the mystery of her father, and she was not bonded yet. What a miserable life to have to lead, but the Kelvic kept pushing on, pushing through the anger that is brought by depression. Struggling, always struggling to find that breath of air, always feeling as if she is suffocating, like a fish out of water. She needed some oxygen, needed to breathe again, and up above a business, her salivation did hang. A swaying red and white sign, with a rearing stallion on the front, and there that simple word laid, simple but speaking salvation to the woman, ‘Tavern’.

She entered the Rearing Stallion, where she would find her peace in a mug of Ale. The Rearing Stallion was a rowdy place this night. So many jeering, joking, yelling, thunder mouthed drunken fools. Sloshing that precious salvation upon the grimy floor, punching and slapping one another with their little jokes. Vaspira just rolled her eyes, How disgusting, happiness. The bitter Kelvic thought. Vaspira sat down at a table, a dim light making a romantic glow upon its surface. The Kelvic just scoffed at it, and ordered her gallon of Ale from the bar maid, and began to drunk the intoxicating liquid. She drank the whole gallon, not wasting a drop of the precious liquid. Her belly was full, sloshing around with the liquid. The light headed, out of this world, feeling overcame her. Finally she was free, free of the cruelness that she had developed inside herself. She had found her salvation in that mug, and she dared anyone to ruin that for her. She would sink her sharp teeth into their throats, and rip it out.
Last edited by Vaspira on April 10th, 2013, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 5th, 2013, 3:20 am

Hadyn once again found herself seated in the Rearing Stallion. How she managed to stay sober for the bells of daylight while frequenting the tavern was a mystery. At least she hadn't come alone this night. She sat at a table with her two exceptionally inebriated coworkers, nursing her fifth (sixth?) beverage. Having just gotten off work, all three smiths sat enjoying the drunken humor the night produced. Hadyn smiled stupidly as the big redhead beside her tried to balance an empty mug on his forehead. The other man, a burly blond swiped the vessel from his comrade's face before punching him playfully in his arm. The redhead, Yorick, stood unsteadily before declaring himself the winner of a unspoken drinking challenge.

"Sit yer ass down," the blond, Cillian, retorted. "Y'ain't won nothin' as yer drunker than a sailor."

"Nonsense," Yorick replied, taking a step back to prove his sobriety. Uncertain on his feet, he back peddled another few steps and, without warning, tripped into the lap of a very lovely and sour-looking lady sitting alone. Yorick tumbled to his feet, hardly comprehending the situation as he looked up at her with a dopey grin.

Hadyn and Cillian stood as well, casting dubious glances at each other. Hopefully the woman didn't have some hot-headed husband looking for a fight. Yorick would normally fare well enough in a brawl but he was too intoxicated to aim at anything smaller than a dinner plate.

"Fall'n into the arms o' a beauty,"
he drawled with a lopsided smile to the Kelvic where he lay sprawled on the ground at her feet.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on May 15th, 2013, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Vaspira on April 5th, 2013, 3:48 am

Vaspira swirled the last few drops that were left from her gallon of ale, twirling the liquid around and around, staring into the depths as if it could answer all of her problems. The Kelvic hiccupped slightly, shrugging her shoulders to herself, she tipped back the mug shaking it into her mouth. Not wanting to waste any of the ale, she had paid for it, and since she had no job, there was no room to waste on such things.

With a forlorn sigh, the huntress rubbed her temples. There was so much noise in this Tavern, so many laughing drunkards, jovial attitudes, jokes being flown around, games of intimidation. It was grating on the woman’s nerves. She just wanted to stand up and yell, ‘shut the petch up’, to all the men. But doing so would only get her into trouble. Trouble is always fun though. Vaspira thought with a playful grin.

Then out of a nowhere, one of those drunken fools tumbled into her lap, as if what she had wished for had fallen right into her lap. Though she thought trouble would be fun, she did not wish for a dirty man that smelled of sweat and ale, to land on her. Vaspira stared down at the idiot with a scowl on her face, as his breath hit her in the face, his words lashing her ears. The huntress stood up quickly, shoving the man the rest of the way into the floor. ”You drunken fool, watch where your dirty body lands!” Vaspira growled at the blonde haired man, brushing off her dress and scowling down at the man, she kicked him a little on the side, not enough to hurt him, it was merely a soft tap to what she really wanted to do, but it got the point across the man who obviously could not handle his ale. Vaspira growled again, muttering under her breath, Should just rip his throat out, destroy his face.. petching idgit.

Side NoteJust wanted to point out, that they would not know she was a Kelvic unless she told them, or they had prior knowledge of the race and could point them out through certain physical attributes that they carry :). Anywho, this is about to get interesting!

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 6th, 2013, 8:51 pm

"Oi," Hadyn called out sharply, already moving toward the woman, a frown on her lips. "He meant no offense. No need to kick him like a dog."

Yorick remained on the ground, seemingly befuddled that this lovely lady would kick him. His face bore the confused expression of one not entirely grasping the situation as he looked up at Hadyn's words. The female smith reached for his hand, her brown eyes on the disgruntled one. Cillian behind her was silent, glaring daggers at the fallen man, arms crossed as he waited for the scene to unfold. Hadyn again addressed the woman, her tone implying she was not interested in a scene.

"Let 'im buy you a drink an' call it fair, hm?" she resisted the tempting urge to give the woman what-for. It was obvious the redheaded man didn't mean to trip and certainly meant nothing by the comment, his alcohol addled brain attempting an apology that came out as a compliment. Pulling the drunk to his unsteady feet, Hadyn positioned herself in between the lady and Yorick, his dumb expression evidence of his failing grip on reality. Hopefully the girl would let the issue be and they could all go back to their tables in peace.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on May 15th, 2013, 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on April 8th, 2013, 10:21 am

Vaspira was glaring down at the man, rather disdainfully, like he was a spec of dirt in a place he did not belong. Then her attention was brought elsewhere, to a woman who was speaking up on his behalf. The huntress crossed her arms over her chest and raised a single brow at the woman’s comment. It almost made her want to laugh, because if her were a dog it would have been worse treatment. Vaspira disliked canines a lot, and preferred hunting them over anything else when she was hungry. Vaspira instantly sized the woman up, as if she were a prey. She was taller then herself, slender but still held strength in her arms. Her dark brown hair cascaded to her shoulder blades, in a slightly disheveled braid, and her brown hairs glared into her own blue ones. She stayed silent though, and just looked at the woman with an arrogant face.

Then she spoke again, saying that he could buy her a drink and call it fair. Vaspira did not want another drink though, she had enough for the night, more than enough really, she was slightly drunk with all the alcohol she had consumed before the stupid man tumbled into her lap. Vaspira kept her arms crossed and lowered her brow, her face melting into a menacing stare at the woman, ”Fair? No, this scoundrel deserves a punch in the face. If he cannot handle his drink, he should leave.” She growled out, ”And who are you supposed to be? His knight and shining armor? Vaspira laughed in the woman’s face, after the slightly insulting remark and took a step closer, ”No I don’t think I am thirsty.” The huntress said, glaring into those brown eyes with her own, provoking the woman to do something about it.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 8th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Hah! Knight in shining armor - laughable. Hadyn leveled her gaze with the woman, brows furrowed. The other was displaying a vicious gaze but it did little to deter the drunk blacksmith. Behind her Cillian was putting Yorick in a seat where he couldn't hurt himself or otherwise irritate any one else. While she wasn't normally a confrontational person, the blacksmith found herself excessively irritated by this crabby patron. It was probably the booze. But Hadyn knew better than to encourage the lady into fighting. Hopefully she'd leave it be.

"Y'punch him in the face an' we'll have more to talk about," she remarked, tilting her head to look down at the woman. Shaking her head at the final comment, Hadyn began to turn away from her. "All the better. Can't imagine why anyone would waste their coin on you."
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on April 18th, 2013, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on April 10th, 2013, 1:29 am

The woman’s retort made a smirk appear on Vaspira’s face. It was not one of mirth, but a rather sadistic smirk. ”How about instead, I punch you in the face.” Vaspria said with cold humour, when the woman went to turn away, she grabbed her shoulder, trying to stop her in her tracks. ”Do not walk away from me you petching vagik. I am not done here.” The Kelvic said with menace, her grasp on the shoulder tightened before falling away.

Vaspira was not normally so vulgar to people. Nor did she try to antagonize another into a fight. She usually just kept to herself. But the drunkard had fallen into her lap, and he smelled unpleasantly. Plus the alcohol seemed to make her feel stronger, made her want to start trouble. It made adrenaline start to rush through her veins, preparing her body for the fight that was sure to come. Keeping her muscles light and fluid, ready to strike if need be.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 10th, 2013, 3:10 am

Eyebrows rose as the girl placed a firm grip on Hadyn's shoulder. Her words were bad enough but coupled with a clear violation of personal space, this lady was looking for a fight. Under sober circumstances the blacksmith would've turned the other cheek, leaving to avoid distress to the tavern owners and bruises. But with a haze of alcohol the woman took the insult to heart. Turning to face the opposition Hadyn met her gaze steadily.

She sized the girl up, finding her not entirely threatening, save for her nasty words. The blacksmith was significantly taller though they probably leveled out as far as muscle. But her height gave her a leveraging advantage if it came to blows. Hadyn couldn't help but admire the girl for her pluck, though she found it a serious annoyance that she was so hot-tempered with hardly a decent excuse.

"Punch me an' I'll wipe the floorboards withcher face," Hadyn growled, keeping her voice at a semi-discrete decibel despite her ire. She jerked her shoulder from the girl's grip, drunken eyes narrowed with intent. "Y'talk big for a little thing. But I don't fancy a brawl with m'drink so y'best sit down and shut yer petching mouth."

The brunette was no stranger to the escalation of a fight, her brothers giving her countless opportunities to bicker and roughhouse. But she was also familiar with problem resolution. Although drunk Hadyn wished nothing more than to send her fist into the petulant girl's jaw, the better part of the blacksmith kept her from entertaining such thoughts. If this cantankerous girl wanted a fight she'd have to initiate it physically. But Hadyn pointed an accusatory finger at her, brows furrowed.

"An' don'tcha lay a hand on me again."
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on April 18th, 2013, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on April 10th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Vaspira laughed, simply laughed at the taller woman’s words. Sure she was bigger than Vaspira, probably stronger, maybe even more skilled with fighting. But the fact still remained that the woman grated on her drunken nerves. Vaspira wanted nothing more than to shift into her Black Leopard form and claw out the woman’s irritating brown eyes, and then ripped her throat out. But that was not possible. Plus she would probably be locked up for such a thing, the knights seemed to make sure everything was pleasant and happy around the city.

”Just because you are as big as a man, doesn’t mean you fight like one. Just because I am small, doesn’t mean I can’t punch you where it hurts.” Vaspira growled out, the words were true. She learned quite a bit from training at the Spires. Enough to know where some tender spots on a person’s body were, that if punched correctly would bring another to their knees. She did not have to be big and strong for that, and she was thankful to Banir for teaching her such moves in their spar during the Winter Season.

The finger that was pointed at the Kelvic made her growl. The way the woman demanded, her brows furrowed, pointing at Vaspira made her want to bite the woman’s pretty little finger right off of her hand. ”You do not know what you mess with wench.” Vaspira said with menace, taking a step forward, taking her own finger, pointing it at the woman, and then poked her roughly. ”Now what are you going to do, Vagik?” Vaspira snarled, glaring up into the woman’s eyes.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 10th, 2013, 8:24 pm

It took Hadyn all the restraint on Mizahar to not backhand the crazy bitch. It wasn't clear how this loon came about asking for fights but it was well beyond the blacksmith to back down now. Behind her Cillian was murmuring something akin to It's not worth it, but the woman hardly heard him. Instead she was focused on the whelp before her, glaring up at her like some petulant child.

The violating poke did little to bother Hadyn . It was more in the girl's tone and mannerisms. Alcohol coursed through the brunette's bloodstream encouraging a defensive attitude as took the girl's advance as an invitation. Her hands pushed forward against the girl's shoulders to shove her backward into the chair she'd recently vacated. It wasn't a particularly violent push, but strong enough to knock her off balance. Hadyn was deaf to Cillian's cry of warning, her attention on the cur in front of her.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on April 18th, 2013, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next