Stringwork (kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Shayth on July 19th, 2010, 12:36 pm

The redhead laughed again at his words, shaking her head at his cheek. It was arrogant and just a dash offensive to the riders, mockery almost...and Shayth found it altogether charming. Kovac was loose and self assured and his own person. Something that could be dangerous in the wrong company...but to her, it was almost like a quiet rebellion. Smiling as they walked on, she sighed as he asked about her background, tossing the flower into the breeze.

"I was born into this life. My parents were both riders, and I wanted to fly just like they did. It looked so...so free." Turning a wry gaze on the archer, she scoffed a little.

"I was determined to bond with a fledgling, and Turiska was a viable candadate. But she hated me, or she just didn't want to know me. It took time, but she finally accepted me - and here I am. No tragedy or overcoming of adversity. I've been lucky, and I know it. Sometimes its easy to forget that, I spend most of my time out of my head...or rather..sharing it." Tapping her forehead, Shayth looked back at the path.

"Turiska and I talk a lot. Or she talks and I disagree and then we fight. Its hard to think about anyone elses feelings when you barely recognize your own." Stopping, the woman looked around and grimaced.

"I'm rambling, sorry. Its a bad habit. Worse after a few cups of mead." The redhead said, smiling as she shook her head and kept walking.

"What about you? Did you climb from the mud, or are you 'fallen from grace'?" Her smile turned slightly mischevious as she spoke, knowing it was slightly provokong - her sentace - but unable to help herself. He was fun to play with.

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Kovac on July 19th, 2010, 4:53 pm

For an Eagle Rider, Shayth seemed 'down to earth'. Kovac grinned at his internal pun. She actually smiled a lot, her wry grin especially pleasing. The woman had begun to reveal a roguish attitude that resonated with the Avora, inviting him to stray from his typical anti-social pessimism.

Kovac was a bit surprised to learn she was born Endal, destined to be a Rider. One would have thought she would be spoiled rotten through and through. And, from her reputation, Kovac had believed she was. Now, he began to see that Shayth's impassioned behavior stemmed from a more admirable root, she was just a fiery, Inarta woman suppressed by her caste and her bonded eagle.

"You should see what happens to me after a few cups of wine."
He retorted. Actually, depending on his mood, it may be best not to see him.

Kovac glanced sidelong at Shayth with his own amused grin at her inquiry of his history. "Though I seem to find myself in mud sometimes, I did not crawl from there, nor was I lofty enough to fall in place." He shook his head, shifting the bangs out of his eyes. "I was born to an Inarta man and a Vanthan woman. Hence my unusually dark skin tone and thick hair." He gave Shayth another sly wink. Then his grin faded. "My mother died while giving birth to me. My father was Avora, a bowyer, and I spent a lot of time as a child with a bow in my hands. I went to be with the other children, and when it came time to move into a caste, an old archer took me in as his apprentice. My father did not even attempt to take me in to learn his trade."

Realizing he had taken his story a step further than intended, Kovac turned back to Shayth, wearing a grin, attempting to steer away from his past. "But I do pretty well for myself. As you have already witnessed." His grin grew into a full blown smile, laughing at his defeat of the Rider at the range.

Yes, this Rider was fun to tease, and dished it out just as well. Kovac too found the danger associated with her thrilling, an exciting change from his daily routine.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Shayth on July 20th, 2010, 10:42 am

Shayth raised her eyebrows as Kovac spoke of his heritige. Part of her reacted like a true rider, coiling back slightly and ready to shun the outsider. Foreigner. Danger. But the rest of her held fast. He'd grown up inarta, lived inarta and breathed inarta. The differences between them were literally only skindeep. Slowing as he spoke, Shayth attempted to catch his eyes. She'd heard about vantha...with their curiously shifting eyes. Finally, she stepped in front of him and leaned forward, staring intently at his unshifting green gaze. The redhead may have stared for longer then was necessary, until it became noticibly uncomfortable.

Suddenly she straightened and crossed her arms, eyes narrowing slightly at the little stab he took at her. A fire rose slightly in her veins, but it wasn't an angry fire. She delighted in the sensation. Her smile turned into a slight pout, blue eyes mischevious.

"Maybe I was just letting you off easy, archer. I mean, you are sort of pretty. Who can resist your charming manner?" Shayth chuckled a little, resting her hands on her hips. They were on the incline now, it was only a short climb to the entrance of the vast honeycomb aerie. Somehow, the rider wished it wasn't so close.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Kovac on July 21st, 2010, 5:08 pm

They had reached Wind Reach proper, the openings to the warrens ahead of them, the Aeries above. There was more foot traffic passing by, but most only gave the Endal and Avora a furtive glance.

The woman had managed to get more out of him than he had shared with most. Shayth was disarming and engaging, but he could not let that interfere with his policy of belligerence. He resolved to maintain his distance.

Kovac skidded to a halt as Shayth stepped in front of him with a curious scowl. Leaning back a bit as the tall woman moved closer, his brow furrowed as he wondered what she was doing. The Endal was staring at him, until it felt as if she was staring into him. Unnerving at first, he suddenly realized she was watching to see if he had the famous Vanthan shifting eye colors. Finally, Kovac gave in, locked gaze with hers, and studied Shayth's irises. Their color was a vibrant and lively blue, intense and seeking. He liked looking into them. Pulling back, the Rider seemed disappointed that the man's eyes were not changing colors, but her smile returned.

After his taunting jab at her, Kovac saw Shayth's grin reduced to a pout, but those azure eyes reflected something more playful. She jabbed back, her response almost flirtatious, and Kovac found himself off guard again, wondering if she was complimenting or mocking him.

Not willing to let the woman see how she had shaken him, Kovac laughed and smartly retorted. "I knew you could no resist my magnetic personality, but we both know you gave up because you know I am the better archer." His smile was uncharacteristically broad, his eyes almost laughing..

Kovac was intrigued by Shayth, almost able to see past her Rider status. She was...exciting, and no one had made him feel excited in a while. Besides, she took his barbs and shot them back...he liked that. But she was still Endal, still a Rider. An internal struggle ensued, the lost part of him raising his head at the prospect of company with a interesting person, the reigning tyrant trying to pound the poor simp before all was lost.

Kovac needed more time, time to figure this Rider out. The prospect they would ever be able to converse like this unlikely given his status and her eagle.

Frantically he tried to find an excuse that would keep her around a bit longer. "Drink." He blurted out. What was he thinking? It was a bit early for normal folks to drink, but it was all he had at the moment. Maybe she could use one too. "I need a drink."
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Shayth on July 21st, 2010, 8:42 pm

"Better archer, huh? Hardly." Shayth said, grin on her features. He was, she knew he was, but where was the fun in admitting that. Adjusting her bow, the endal shifted slightly. She didn't want to leave just yet. If she did, the prospect of even accidently bumping into the man was slim to..well...none really. Now Turiska had seen him, watched what occurred, she would be more alert and protective then ever. Pursing her lips a little in thought, Shayth took a breath, then stopped, then again...but couldn't find anything to say.

Staring at Kovac as he suddenly blurted out 'drink', the rider blinked, unsure what to do or say. What the...? The thought that maybe she had broken him somehow before arose again, and a slight suspicion that maybe he wasn't alright in the head.

"Errr..." She began, before he explained the outburst a little better. An eyebrow arched curiously and the redhead smiled slowly.

"A drink? I didn't realise I'd worn you out so badly. It's not even close to evening." Turning her blue eyes back to the aerie, the woman thought for a moment, before nodding.

"You know, that's not such a bad idea. I'm not really ready to be screeched at for the next few bells. Got anywhere in mind?" Hands on hips, she waited, regardless of whether his short speech had been an invite or not.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Kovac on July 23rd, 2010, 2:44 pm

"Pfft!" Kovac scoffed when Shayth joked that she had worn him out. Little did she know it didn't take much for Kovac to feel he needed a drink. He was pleased that she invited herself to join him. Yes, it was early, but as he looked at the sassy Rider, he sensed a bit of trouble brewing, a kind of danger that he wished to encourage. A good belt always added a delicious element of uncertainty to such situations.

"Well then Endal, since you deign it acceptable to share a cup with a mere Avora, I should find a venue befitting one of our esteemed eagle riders." He mocked lightly, unable to conceal a cheeky grin and a wink. "Follow me."

Turning towards one of the warren entrances, the unlikely pair slipped into Wind Reach proper.

Continued here...http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic3868.html
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Stringwork (kovac)

Postby Dreamcatcher on July 23rd, 2010, 4:14 pm

Character: Shayth

Experience: +3 Archery, +2 Brawling, +3 Socializing

Lore: Subject of the Rumor Mill, Finding Friends in the Heat of Things, Tackling People, and Keeping the Lower Caste Down

Character:Kovac

Experience: +3 Archery, +2 Brawling, +3 Socializing

Lore: Subject of the Rumor Mill, Finding Friends in the Heat of Things, Blurting Out One's Mind, and Teasing the Eagle Tail Feathers

Additional Note:Nice job you two, I enjoyed the thread and felt that you two played fairly during the archery contest and brawling. If you think I have missed something please feel free to PM and I will consider the request.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous