Beneath the stars (closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 22nd, 2010, 8:32 pm

Akiva watched in silence as Azerix began to fidget and do strange things with his hands. Maybe he's doing some sort of magic... she thought. "You..uhh..don't have to worry you know. Being an artist doesn't bother me. I know you artists love to draw people." She giggled as he flinched when Keorvic slapped him on the shoulder. She thought that he was just being silly, but there could have been another reason behind it. He could have been abused as a child or something, but she wasn't about to ask him. "I didn't think it was at all stalker-like. It looked just like me, but I supposed you were just a good artist. Either way, you won't have to worry about me thinking you're stalking me in the future, we're taking you with us. Easier for you now, cause I'll be right there?" she said jokingly, letting out a chuckle. "Come on, before he gets too far ahead." She ran after Keorvic, watching his bobbers and such dangle from his fishing pole. Kipps ran after them, sensing that he would get left behind otherwise.
Last edited by Akiva Korvashi on June 22nd, 2010, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Azerix on June 22nd, 2010, 8:54 pm

Azerix smiled "I'm not a artist...far from it..just was passing time and decided to do what was on my mind..." He brushed off his clothes and stretched for some reason he felt better...he no longer was nervous perhaps it was because of the way Akiva was talking to him..or perhaps it was just her in general 'who knows' he thought and nodded at her when she began to catch up to keorvic before he started walking he looked back at Syrilas he turned to the two who were beginning to fade and ran to catch up with them

When reaching Akiva Azerix smiled [color=#FF0000]"Because you'll be right there huh? thats a great motivation"
he scooped up Kipps and placed him on the top of his bag and pulled out his book again and began to write

If any summoner finds this book near my body incase this journey causes my death i have wrote my notes in this book and will keep a record of everything.
1. Well...it looks like i begin the journey that every summoner takes...leaving behind his/her home to survive in the wilderness for a short time..
.atleast i have friends with me...damn...Most summoners who take this have there Familiar already...this city has caused me to stop my practice...
Traveling Party
A beautiful Kelvic by the name of Akiva Korvashi
A fisher and apparent mate to the Akiva. Keorvic.
and me Azerix: a aspiring rheimancer , Son of Kerix and Kami.
P.S. for a Picture of the Kelvic search the contents of this book.

Without relizing it Azerix held the book lower than he should of if Akiva looked over she would of been able to see the contents he was writing . He looked up and closed the book "well...this should be interesting journey"
Last edited by Azerix on August 26th, 2010, 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 22nd, 2010, 10:37 pm

She headed north towards the Bronze Wood. Reflecting on her training session from the previous day, she couldn't wait until they got there. Knowing humans though, they probably wouldn't want to do anything after they had set up camp and unpacked. That was okay with her, she figured they could sit around the campfire, drink, and tell stories. Maybe they could even play a game or two, she liked games. She wasn't very prepared, for a Kelvic. She had stocked up on alcohol and filled up her waterskin, but she hadn't brought much food. she had enough food for about a day, then she would be out. That was okay though. They were going hunting, and she was sure she would be able to hunt on her way to Sunberth, after all...they were going to be heading straight through the wildlands. She was also sure Keorvic would find some nice fishing spots along the way, and bring in food that way. Sure just meat wasn't much for humans to live on. She thought she would be okay, and was pretty sure they would be fine too. She would make sure they all got through this, she just hoped they didn't get attacked by any bears or anything, though if they could pull that kill off, a bear would be some nice meat. She had her bow on her back along with her quiver, in case anything were to show up that might cause harm to them. The land was flat as she walked along, slowly becoming more wooded and slightly more hilly. She saw few squirrels and rabbits along the way, most hiding when they came into view. She desperately wanted to chase them, hunt them down, but she didn't want to be traveling after nightfall. If it were a deer or other large game animal, she was sure she would have gone after it. They could use the meat. She found herself hanging on to Keorvic's arm as she walked. She let go, not wanting him to see her as too clingy. Kipps stayed on Azerix's backpack, falling asleep as they went along, waking up only when they hit a bump or something else to force him from his slumber.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Azerix on June 23rd, 2010, 1:52 am

Azerix walked in the back of the two, he was deep in thought wondering how we would be usefull 'well i could start the fires...but...i am sure Keorvic could do that...i meen i have SOME notes on the wilderness from my father...than again i will have to test every herb before i cook it...i brought the food for a week...there is some carrots there and a few other vegetables...i could make a stew if we catch meat...or fish... i have seasonings that i bought from the market so thats good...plus i will be able to use rheimancy in case of attackers...perhaps theflame itself will scare the bandits away...but if i had to negotiate freedom with it..that could cause the beast to kill us aswell...although perhaps If i negotiate well enough i will be able to trick them into being sent back to their home...but If worse comes to worse and they do attempt to kill us I hope I can stall attackers in time for Akiva and Keorvic to escape...hmmm...' Azerix looked up at the two of them and smiled 'they really do make a great couple don't they?...lucky...' He sighed wishing he had someone like Akiva he could call his own and reached up to pet the newly awakened kipps "sleep well, friend?" the cat stretched, stood up walked in a circle and laid back down soon drifting off to sleep. "guess that answers my question...." he smirked to himself 'I should of bought a cat for a companion...I meen there great to cuddle with next to a beautiful woman in your bed' thats when it hit him Azerix realized something...he wasn't prepared for a adventure today so he only took the food for snacks and his supplies...except for his Tent 'Great....looks like i really am sleeping outside for this Trip....even forgot my blanket' he sighed "worst of luck" he told himself 'i believe ill be able to make a semi-comfortable bed out of some leaves....i hope....the pillow will have to be my bag...and blanket...glad my moms Robe is made of wool...i'll have to sit close to the fire on cold nights huh?' he asked forgetting he was talking to himself in his mind, he opened his mouth to say something but figured he shouldn't cause any turbulence on the trip he will attempt to hide and lie to keep it a secret.
Last edited by Azerix on August 26th, 2010, 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Azerix
Player

Character sheet

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Keorvic on June 23rd, 2010, 6:42 pm

Keorvic strode along comfortably beside Akiva, content to let her lead. she obviously knew the area, and seemed determined to put some distance between them and the city. inhaling the air, he thought it seemed sweeter and clearer than in the city, though it was probably all in his head. He glanced back at the almost silent Azerix, making sure he hadn't passed out or fallen into a hole or otherwise been separated from the group, and saw the man walking along with an expression of deep thought on his face. "That seems typical of him, always thinking about something, preoccupied with everything but what is directly in front of him. I'll have to watch out and make sure he doesn't wander into trouble." he thought goodheartedly. although Keorvic himself hadn't had much interaction with the small mage, Akiva seemed quite fond of him, and the man seemed sincere enough in his desire for adventure. That alone was enough for Keorvic.

Realizing that he had let himself get lost in thought, he saw that he had fallen slightly behind the girl, but instead of catching up, he let his gaze fall and enjoyed the view for a while. The young kelvic walked with an interesting rhythm, one that was both energetic and precise, while at the same time slightly lascivious. she seemed to be unaware of the music in her stride, and with a sudden inspiration, Keorvic dug the pennywhistle out of one of the pockets on his pack and set to a well known song that perfectly matched the meter of Akiva's strides.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 24th, 2010, 2:07 am

Upon hearing Keorvic's penny whistle, Akiva decided that it would be a good time for her to play as well. Pulling out her wooden flute, she mimicked the sound of his song, playing along as well as she could. The terrain, which had been mostly flat to begin with, was now slightly hilly. Clusters of trees dotted the surrounding area, smoothly transitioning from fields and farmlands to wooded area. The breeze blew lightly over the land that morning, which was quickly turning to afternoon. It was not hot, however, even though they walked in open sunlight. It was pleasantly warm, the way the beginning of summer should feel.

Kipps, now wide awake, jumped down from Azerix's pack and wandered off to hunt field mice. She wasn't worried about him, he would come running to her if anything approached him, and would return to her when he was done hunting. She walked on happily. It would be around sunset when they got there more than likely.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Azerix on June 24th, 2010, 2:34 am

"well i feel left out here" he said to himself as he dug into his pockets hoping to pull out something to make music with he came out empty handed "great..." he sighed and continued to stay in back ever silent watching the two of them play Their instruments and smiled. he looked around " i recognize this place...but why?" he bit the inside of his lower lip trying to recollect his memories and find out what caused him to remember this place. he looked back up at the 2 relizing they were far away enough not to notice him stopping or straying from the path. Azerix stopped and looked at a tree running his hand down it with his eyes closed when he felt it "Azerix" was scratched into the bark, He opened his eyes looking past the trees onto a open field.

His mind flashed back years ago when he was just a teenager. Azerix saw his house...he saw himself..although younger running In his direction Azerix looked past his younger self up the hill seeing a small cottage...engulfed in flames. The young boy Stood only inches away. Looking at the boys hands he saw the burnt flesh and closed his eyes remembering it was him who burnt down his house killing his parents.

Azerix took in a deep breath coming back to the present "..only a memory...a dead past" He wiped the single tear from his face and turned back towards the group hoping they didn't see the man recollecting his past. he looked down at his hands and closed them "i'm sorry" He didn't move and just looked at his now closed fist
Azerix
Player

Character sheet

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 26th, 2010, 1:20 am

The sun had begun to set on the horizon, just as the small clusters of trees turned into a distrinct line of woods. "We should stay out of the woods for tonight, I can go in further to hunt tomorrow. Let's make camp there!" She pointed to a flat, grassless area. It had obviously been used as a campsite before, as she judged by the small circle of stones filled with ash. A small pile of logs stood next to a nearby tree, ready for use by the next campers. She hurried to the spot, looking around to make sure there were no other people or animals around. She sat her pack, alcohol, and weapons down before she began to set up her one person tent, laying her bedroll out inside of it. She had forgotten to ask earlier, and hoped it wouldn't be an issue for any of them, "you both of tents, or at least bedrolls right?" She assumed Keorvic did, being a fisherman and all, but she wasn't sure about her new mage friend. He didn't seem like much of an outdoor person. "Azerix?" She would make sure he didn't have to sleep outside anyway, he'd probably get himself killed not knowing how to camp or something.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Azerix on June 26th, 2010, 1:55 am

OOCSorry Keorivic didn't know the thinking threads stopped you from posting, ill attempt to stop i do it when i have no ida what to post
Azerix didn't listen to Akiva when she first started talking, he just stood there looking at his hands. it wasn't until he heard his name being called that he became responsive. He looked up "huh....what?...oh no i don't...but it is fine really i like sleeping near the fire and outside it's comforting to me to see the stars" he looked back at the hill "i really don't want to camp this close" he stated to himself looking back at Akiva he smiled gently at her walking up to the camp "here...i have a idea for dinner" he pulled out a pot that he bought at the market and emptied his water into it "unfortunately i have little meat but you can have my portion of it Akiva i heard kelvic prefer Meat over vegetables" he pulled a few sticks to him taking out his Knife and sharpening the tips turning them into spits for the meat. soon he began to cut up some of the Vegetables and placed them in the pot "if needed...i can start the fire as well" he really hoped someone had a flint to make the fire he preferred not to use his Rhemacy right now "now...what did she use to make that soup...she said she the Vegetable grew well around home..." he didn't realize that he said it out loud as he stood up looking for plants to put into the Soup every now and then he would bend down picking up a plant that was similar in his mind to what his mother put in the pot years ago and chew on it for a second then spit it out "thats not it"
Azerix
Player

Character sheet

Beneath the stars (open)

Postby Keorvic on June 26th, 2010, 5:32 am

OOC: nah don't worry about it, I just have a hard time following personal inner dialog with a relevant post. Its nothing you need to worry about, just something I need to work on =P

Keorvic nodded. "This is as good a place as any, I guess. It's kind of an obvious spot, but bandits and thieves shouldn't be a problem this close to a city as big as Syliras, right? The Knights probably patrol at least this far." He said to Akiva. He nodded again when she asked if they had shelters, but when he heard Azerix's reply paused. "It may get rough for you if the weather worsens my friend " he warned. He shrugged as the man simply pulled out a cooking pot and began working on the meal. He shrugged again as he started to look around for a nearby stream or pond. He could smell water nearby, but it was faint. He set down his pack and took of his breastplate, tired of lugging it's weight around. after watching the mage wander about, muttering to himself and eating random plants, he decided to set up his personal shelter. After some indelicate digging in his pack, he finally managed to wrestle his small tent out of his pack, and into it's shape.

After staking it down, Keorvic announced that he would head off to find water. snatching Azerix's discarded waterskin and making sure to bring his own depleted one, he shuffled off in the direction he vaguely smelled water from, trying to make a bit of noise without sounding too loud. he only wanted to scare off any threatening animals, not alert the entire presence of his presence. leaves and twigs grasped at him pulling at his clothes and hair, and as he walked forward, he could hear water trickling. finally breaking clear of the brush, he could see a small stream gurgling away, happily flowing towards the ocean. He glanced up and down the small creek, looking to see if there was a place for fish larger than the minnows and such, but there was no such place. clear, fresh water was abundant, however.

As he knelt down and began filling the waterskins, a terrible stench hit him. it smelled of rank decay and death, and yet also carried a degree of animal musk to it. as the smell intensified, he could clearly smell blood. Keorvic was worried. he had left his spiked gauntlets back with his pack, not expecting to run into trouble. While he had learned how to throw a formidable punch, it would not be much use against any type of undead. he slung the now full waterskins over his shoulder and grasped a stone, thinking he may be able to sneak back to camp and warn his companions, or distract whatever it was long enough to get away.

there came a sudden rustling directly behind him, and he just barely dodged out of the way as a wolf bounded past him. had he not already been moving, the creature would have surely had him. backing away quickly, he noticed the wolf slavering tremendously, foaming blobs of saliva falling from its continuously opening and closing jowls. It's eyes rolled madly as it turned and fixed searched for it's intended prey. Keorvic's eyes were drawn to a great wound in the wolf's flank; it looked like it had narrowly avoided death from being mauled by some other animal, or maybe it had simply been the victim of a Knight's sword but had not yet fallen. Either way, thick red blood coated it's side, and flies swarmed around the wound, putrescent already. It's ribs clearly showed through its unwounded flank as well. The wolf must have been starving to death.

"You poor thing. Your doomed, you just don't know it yet. you cling to life, too desperate to realize that your time has come, and that only pain and death awaits you." Keorvic said sadly. Many times he had witnessed a pack of wolves take down much larger prey than even a team of skilled Vantha hunters could manage. He respected the noble creatures, and it saddened him to see one in such pain. The wolf gave him no more time to think though, leaping towards him again, with its great foaming jaws snapping open and closed, as if trying to consume him already. Keorvic swung the rock as if it were just another improvised weapon he had picked up in a bar brawl, connecting solidly with the side of the wolf's head and knocking it away. a single fang broke and sailed out into the stream. Keorvic's rock followed, having slipped from his hand as it was wet from the stream and slimy from brief contact with the sickening goo oozing from the wolf's mouth.

The wolf did not even acknowledge the pain, however, so beyond the realm of reasoning animals. it merely turned and lept again, this time reaching up with it's claws in addition to snapping wildly. Instinct took over, and Keorvic's fist came up to meet the wolf squarely in the nose with a fast jab. He was not fast enough to avoid the animal's claws though, and they gouge a thick wound in his arm, tearing through his skin with jagged pain. This time the wolf noticed, and with a yelp it fell back, staggering. seizing his chance, Keoric grasped the wolf by the back of it's neck and one of it's legs and heaved it out into the stream. he was rewarded for his efforts with another wound in the same arm, and a huge splash as the wolf hit the water.

Trailing blood, He ran back to camp. he hoped the wolf had not caught the distracted Kelvic and the rather absentminded mage unawares. he hoped he would not find a scene of death and tragedy. but before he even got ten meters away from the stream, he heard the wolf crashing through the brush after him. this would be a fight yet. it chased him for nearly a minute, gaining despite it's wounds, and Keorvic barely reached the clearing before the wolf caught him. "Look out, my friends!" he cried, "There is a rabid wolf not far behind, and I do not think there is much more I can do about it!"
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

PreviousNext