Flashback I... uh... meant to do that...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

I... uh... meant to do that...

Postby Edreina on April 13th, 2013, 10:23 pm

73 Summer, 501 AV
Anchorage Flotilla

Young Edreina was wild, she was reckless, she was... deathly afraid of heights?

From atop the railing, Surai looked like even more of a giant. Edreina could not help but hope that he fell as he flaunted his dexterity, trotting from one end of the ship to the other. "Why won't you come and join me?" He had asked, receiving only a glare in return. He knew perfectly well why. Despite her seemingly boundless courage, the top of the palivar's railing down to the water was much too high an obstacle for the young Svefra.

Tall for her age and lanky, she did not always have the best balance either. As her brother continued his parade, Edreina used a small, bent nail to carve wavy shapes into the wooden deck. So immersed in her work was she that she did not note Surai's appearance until his shadow covered her.

"C'mon... Just try it!" His tone was encouraging and his blue eyes danced with mischief. With an expansive grin, he offered her a hand.

Despite her lack of surety, Edreina allowed herself to be hauled to her feet and drug over to the railing. Once upon the ship’s railing himself, Surai helped his little sister up onto the railing. All was near still on the Suvan right now, so none of the ships found themselves rocking too much that day throughout the Anchorage. It was this which allowed Edreina to mount and then stand upon the railing. Brother and sister faced one another, hands locked as Edreina slowly became sure of her balance.

“See? Not so bad!” Surai coaxed, taking a step backwards. When his sister followed hesitantly, his smile grew. “Just don’t look down...” His warning was met with the automatic instinct to do as told not to by Edreina, though she fought against it heroically. Eventually, the brother had his sibling following him along the railing. Tentative step after tentative step, Edreina found herself gaining confidence, stepping more quickly.

But, just when all seemed to be going wonderfully, an unexpected wave hit the family palivar - and the ships around them - sending them rocking erratically. Losing her balance, Edriena found herself falling towards the deck, head first. In that instant, instinct took over. Instead of plowing face first into the wooden deck, her body sought to right itself, pulling limbs in close so that the momentum carried her over her head to land upon her rump. As the momentum continued to rule her body, Edreina found herself hauled back up onto her feet.

Just when she thought that she might roll again, she leaned back, absorbing the rest of the momentum. Trembling with lingering fear that she might have fallen and injured herself, Edreina turned to look at her brother who had fallen off of the railing as well, but landed solidly on his rear end. His wide eyes, however, made it seem as if he had just seen the most spectacular thing.

“I... uh... meant to do that...” She deadpanned with a shrug, a bubbling laughter threatening to disrupt the breath control she had just regained.

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

I... uh... meant to do that...

Postby Anchor on April 13th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Loot

Edreina's Find :
Skill Points
Acrobatics 2

Lore
Surai: Good on the Rails
Acrobatics: Rolling on Instinct

A lovely short little thread. Nothing too heavy, but enough to get you started in Acrobatics. Remember, more words means more skill points! Looking forward to seeing more from you. :)
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office